Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > Bike Reviews > 2004 Shadow Aero Review  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

webmaster
Oversight Committee Chairman

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 321

Posted 5/26/2004 1:44 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Ken 'hawkeye' Glassman offers up his riding impression of the 2004 Honda Shadow Aero 750. Check it out and lets us know - would you buy tis bike? It is a budget cruiser so it comes in at under $6500.

coinneach
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 515

Posted 6/3/2004 2:22 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
The Aero is one of the two bikes on my short list. Thanks for the review. :)

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout.

Jumper
Registered Member

Date Joined Jun 2004
Total Posts : 1

Posted 6/21/2004 7:42 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I have this bike, got it beginning of May and have just passed 2.5K on it :) without any regrets. I definitely dig the low seat, and I have no complaints about the amount of power I'm getting with it. The article is a good review and I'd also like to add that there is a great forum on www.delphiforums.com about the Aero 750 where a bunch of owners like myself get together, not to just discuss the bike but also to share any tips or updates that we've heard about it as well as to joke around and socialize :).

mat37849
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2004
Total Posts : 12

Posted 8/25/2004 7:56 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
agree with you all!!! the new Aero is a retro styling and newly changed shaft drive!! Really dig the under 26 inch seat height and the full sized performance and didn't pay the full size price on it which is always great!!

nitewing
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2004
Total Posts : 4

Posted 10/11/2004 9:56 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I'm looking at either the Aero or the Suzuki C50. Where did you get your Aero under full price?

Tros
Global Moderator

Date Joined Apr 2004
Total Posts : 7362

Posted 10/11/2004 10:02 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
With the new improvements to the Ace now I think of the Ace VS C50 thing this way. If your a smaller person go for the Ace; if you want/need a larger bike get the C50 (which I would get out of the two).

R.I.P. Indian Larry

nitewing
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2004
Total Posts : 4

Posted 10/11/2004 10:13 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Thanks for that input. I was reading in a Motorcycle Cruiser article that put the C50 ahead of the Honda Aero for the comfort on longer rides - and if you were bringing a passenger the C50 was more comfortable and had a little more power to carry the extra load. I haven't ridden either yet - so perhaps a test drive will help make the decision more clear. I am 5' 6" and 150lbs - - so at first glance, the Aero seems like a good fit, but I also want the comfort for longer rides, which makes me lean toward the C50.

Jim666
Registered Member

Date Joined Apr 2005

Posted 4/14/2005 8:13 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

I just bought this bike yesterday. This is a very impressive piece of machinary. I think that the gear shifter is too close to the foot peg. Other then that the bike is very comfertable and the response is great. The bike handles exellent, even at 80 mph. This is my first street bike and overall I am very satified.

ggemeni1
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2005

Posted 8/25/2005 11:09 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I purchased my Aero in May of 2004. I have over 7k miles on it already and really like the bike. The only shortcoming I have noticed, is at 75 mph, it really lacks the power to handle any kind of a head wind. I have several times been on rides of 200+ miles and have no problems of any kind. I am actually looking to upgrade to a bigger bike. Possibly the new Suzuki boulevard 1500, or the Honda VTX1300. If it is your first time on a bike, or like me you were out of it for a while and wanted to get back in, I would highly recommend this bike.

Scott58
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2005
Total Posts : 499

Posted 8/28/2005 7:12 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Congrats on the new bike. I agree with you on the shifter. they are like that on just about everybike i've ever owned. Wish they would add an inch to the shifter and rear brake actually.

05 Honda Rebel
05 Suzuki S50
04 Spitfire Cub-24

telemike
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2005
Total Posts : 22

Posted 8/29/2005 12:30 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
How well would this bike be for a beginner who wants to carry myself and my wife on trips together? Figure 400 lbs. human weight.

Also looking a V-Star 650 Silverado, Vulcan 800 and Boulevard C50T