Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > Bike Reviews > First Ride: 2005 Honda CRF450R  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

webmaster
Oversight Committee Chairman

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 321

Posted 8/20/2004 1:03 PM (GMT -8)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
We just got through testing the new 2005 Honda CRF450R at the I-5 MX Track in Gorman Ca., and guess what? It kicks ass!

Tros
Global Moderator

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Apr 2004
Total Posts : 7362

Posted 8/20/2004 1:59 PM (GMT -8)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
When wasnt it? :p :-)

Jaime
Registered Member

Date Joined Nov 2003
Total Posts : 33

Posted 8/20/2004 5:26 PM (GMT -8)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Thanks for the test of the 2005 CRF450F. I haven't been to California in 20 years, but if I'm not mistaken, Gorman is over a mile high. Wonder why HONDA chose it since it has to affect horsepower vs. sea-level. It's also very slippery, not the place to test the maximum handling capabilities of ANY bike.
Get back to us when you can test it on loamy Oregon soil...
JaimeB 

Josh
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2003
Total Posts : 127

Posted 8/22/2004 6:26 PM (GMT -8)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Jaime said...
Thanks for the test of the 2005 CRF450F. I haven't been to California in 20 years, but if I'm not mistaken, Gorman is over a mile high. Wonder why HONDA chose it since it has to affect horsepower vs. sea-level. It's also very slippery, not the place to test the maximum handling capabilities of ANY bike.
Get back to us when you can test it on loamy Oregon soil...
JaimeB 
 haha, when you find that loamy Oregon soil, let me know.  Everywhere I go is hardpack.

louemc
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 17483

Posted 8/24/2004 12:34 PM (GMT -8)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Yeah, there is clay that is snot when wet, totally hard when dry, Centeral Oregon desert sand soil that is great when damp, but, unless you live in Bend/Redman area, rotsa ruck finding it that way, when it's dry it's dust factory, and loose as snow. Where is this loam stuff that you speak of? :-)

Jaime
Registered Member

Date Joined Nov 2003
Total Posts : 33

Posted 8/24/2004 6:34 PM (GMT -8)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Aparently nowhere in Oregon! But neither is it in Gorman! That topsoil is so slippery, I thought better soil was to be found near the MCUSA plush offices. Thanks for the feedback, never been to Oregon.
Nevertheless, my objection to the evaluation at Gorman still stands.
JaimeB

x2468
Registered Member

Date Joined Feb 2005
Total Posts : 1183

Posted 2/7/2005 7:40 PM (GMT -8)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
"The internals of the simple and light (64 pounds) SOHC powerplant"

LoL, i thought i read that wrong the first time. I come from the ATV/Dirtbike world where magazines praise this engine as being super high-tech and anything but simple. Also, im surprised you noted it as SOHC when it Hondas praised UniCam that is supposidly as light as SOHC but with the power of DOHC. Usually SOHC and Hondas UniCam are destingished as seperate.