Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > General Motorcycle Chat > NEW MEMBERS: Please sign in here.  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
636 posts in this thread.
Viewing Page :

[ | Show Newest Post First ]

CaddmannQ
Random Moto-geek

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jul 2003
Total Posts : 17674

Posted 9/27/2005 6:37 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Welcome to the Motorcycle USA Message Boards.

Once you've registered, we'd like you to introduce yourself to the members in this thread.

No real personal information or questions here, please: just a few words about yourself.

Something simple like: "Hi, I'm MotoRyder from Ohio, and I just bought my third Honda." would be fine.
Otherwise, just tell us whatever you'd like to about yourself.

You get extra points if you tell us how wonderful our forum is, but of course that's all optional. ;-)

You can post a picture of yourself as well, using the attachment manager.

Please remember to post topics in the most appropriate forum category, and try to show respect for the other members, even when you disagree with their opinions.

Have a good time,
Cadd.

Cadd
2004 Nomad 1500 "Baggins"
VROC #11619 Rolling Blunder #128

Post Edited (CaddmannQ) : 9/28/2005 1:48:03 AM GMT

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
cadd.jpg
  32KB (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 333 time(s).

lionlady
-----Mistress of Novices. -Total miles: 85,000+

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Sep 2003
Total Posts : 2759

Posted 9/28/2005 6:12 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
To get the ball rolling...

I'm lionlady (Pam). Live NW of Baltimore. Been riding for 3 years.
Motorcycle-USA is my FIRST MC forum home.
guitardad is my hubby - of 20 YEARS, in October, '05.

Past rides: 1980 Suzuki GS250 - 800 miles.
2003 BMW f650CS - 8000+ miles (crashed and resurrected and ridden some more).

Current ride: 2004 BMW R1150R 80th Anniversary Rockster: 

2004 BMW R1150R Rockster, Limited Edition #196  

Post Edited (lionlady) : 9/29/2005 11:49:25 AM GMT

Puppy
"ugly" is a form of birthcontrol.

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 6047

Posted 9/28/2005 3:20 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Ok I will toss up an introduction of myself for the newcommers to MC-USA's forums.

My name is Richard, I live in Indiana & I got my first motorcycle (Kawasaki 90) in 1977, since then I have owned a wide variety of motorcycles, everything from mud covered motocross & trail bikes to 2fast4me superbikes, to "college commuter" UJM standards but the last few years I have been tossing my leg over a Yamaha V-Star classic cruiser.

The silver Kawasaki Nomad in the photo is Mac_Muz's, another MC-USA forum members motorcycle.

-Richard.

"You can advertise an image, but you earn a reputation".

kamo
1100 Honda saber

Date Joined Aug 2005
Total Posts : 2061

Posted 9/29/2005 4:36 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
My brother and I were raised by my Grandmother after my mother's death in an mva.I was 8 my bro 6.  gran was veeery strict no motorcycles.  we rode everyone else's bike from eagles to honda 50 etc.We got our own as soon as we moved out.Since then I have enjoyed two wheeled freedom on just about every venue of cycle made.I now own a 04 Bronze Nomad My wife a 250 Rebel.She is new to being an operator, but doing very well. Now looking for a 600vlx.    I don't remember how I stumbled on this forum but I am glad I did.  I got answers to several ouestions and in the most personal and friendly way.This site is a blessing and very entertaining at the same time.    I am not an expert at anything but know a little about a lot .I work in  Orthopaedics but I am willing to help anyone with anything I can.Thanks again for all the help  Kamo

fishbonez
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2005
Total Posts : 38

Posted 9/29/2005 12:22 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
My name is Jeff.  I grew up riding dirt in the Eastern Washington desert.  Started with a Honda 100 moved on to Honda 250, Triumph 500 (flat tracker), Yahama RD350, Yamaha 850.  Moved to Western Washington (near Seattle) in the late 70's and rode mostly blacktop. Sold my bikes over 20 years ago and hadn't ridden since.  Got the bug again and bought a 2005 1600 Nomad.  Love my Nomad, but dang that's a lot of bike!  Going slow and getting re-adjusted.  It's going to take some time.

Looks like a great forum here and l'm looking foward to some lively discussion.

"I ride alone..." - Rex O'Herlihan

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
bike.JPG
  41KB (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 344 time(s).

CaddmannQ
Random Moto-geek

Date Joined Jul 2003

Posted 9/29/2005 1:31 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Welcome Kamo and Fishbones!

Hey, Nomads ROCK!

It's wonderful to see new Vulcan guys on the board.

Cadd

Jesse98
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2005
Total Posts : 6

Posted 9/29/2005 5:26 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
*this is a repost, I guess I was supposed to reply here rather than click 'new topic'. My intro accidentally went into the General area*

Hello all, my name is Jesse, I'm from Minnesota and stationed in North Carolina with the USMC. I am currently deployed to Iraq. I am researching so I can get bikes for myself and my wife when I get back to the states. I grew up on a dirt bike and I've ridden a couple of street bikes over the years but this will be my first street bike. My wife Judy has wanted a bike for years so we finally decided to get a couple.
So far this seems like a great site. Keep up the good work.

Tighthead
El Primo de los Matadors

Date Joined Jul 2005
Total Posts : 1713

Posted 9/30/2005 8:58 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Good day,
I'm Milan, live in York, PA, and I own the most beautiful motorcycle ever made. It's my first bike, given to me by my brother who has since moved up and on to bigger cycles. 1981 Suzuki GS450L, 3100 miles. The "L" stands for luxury and with that 19" front wheel it's a steady ride, all right. I just think it's this amazing machine and I can't believe it's actually mine.

A funny thing happened just this morning. In York, they have something called "large item pickup" where you can put any big things (like a couch)you want to throw away out and the regular trash guys will take it. This morning my wife warned me that I should ride my motorcycle to work and explained that she was worried that since this is large item pickup day, the guys might see my motorcycle on the street and just assume that we meant to throw it away. Funny girl, my wife, god love her.

It's really in great shape--looks like it's 24 years old, but it's been a good 24 years. I've attached an old photo that my brother took back when he owned it.

This is the place I come when I need information--I often get just the information I need just by browsing the various posts. I've already been welcomed with some great "next bike" advice, and Johnny Monsoon, if you're reading this you'll be happy to hear that I'm pretty much set on a KLR650 for my next bike, maybe next summer.

Thanks for offering such a welcoming and helpful forum,
Milan

It's a dangerous business, goin' out your door...
-Bilbo Baggins

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
MyBike.JPG
  58KB (image/jpeg)
This image has been viewed 406 time(s).

craig7220
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2005
Total Posts : 9

Posted 9/30/2005 11:39 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi all... name is Craig and I've been riding for about 25 years. Just found this forum. Currently living in Albuquerque New Mexico, spent 15 years in Casper Wyoming and originally hail from PA. My current ride is a 2005 Suzuki C50 limited. Past rides, 440 Kawi, 650 Kawi and a 750 Yamaha Virago.

Luchs32
Kim is an Aquarian, Does that anser your question.

Date Joined Sep 2005
Total Posts : 270

Posted 10/4/2005 4:59 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi I am Luchs32 or Kim a good - long time friend of Mac and Gwyn's, that introduced me to this neat forum, after which I introduced to my husband Frank, who reads the forum but I am the one who writes the posts... I and my husband both own a 1984 Honda 1200 Gold Wing motorcycle. Mine is painted with Native American Motif and my husband has Star Trek all over his. Thanks all. Nice to see you all here..

Kim & Frank A.
hers and his - 1984 Honda 1200cc Goldwings

Discover the hidden treasures in each new day.

Luchs32

chharley
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2005
Total Posts : 1

Posted 10/9/2005 7:41 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
hello   senior rider from staten island n.y. who started riding
,again, 4 years ago  do 10,000 a year plus, ride all year, presant is a road king and a vulcan classic. have had a 750 shadow and goldwing 1200. only allegiance is to 2 wheels and an open road (and family,of coarse)

senior who started riding again 4 years ago-avg 10,000+ a year,try to ride all year. presant ride is a road king and kaw vulcan 1500. have had honda shadow 750 and goldwing 1200 my allegiance is only to two wheels and a good ride

CaddmannQ
Random Moto-geek

Date Joined Jul 2003

Posted 10/9/2005 9:45 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
OK! Another Vulcan rider!

Hey, welcome to you all. Even Honda and Suzuki riders are welcome here. (HeeHeeHee...)

Sometimes the duties of a moderator leave a bad taste behind, but it's nice posts like these above that make it all worthwhile.

Cadd

qkvic
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2005

Posted 10/11/2005 4:57 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hello all,
I am not quite a senior but ya gotta admit ther ain't nothing like riding.
Only ride right now is a 1985 k100rs with approximately 104000 miles on it.
Time for a new r1200rt or k1200lt..but I love the new rt even though it's a tough transition from
that wonderful k engine.
By the way, winter is coming here to beautiful downtown Brampton Ontario so the winter will give me some time to think about it.
I's my first time on any forum so be gentle with me.
It's a great life if you can hack it...Yahooooooo
flyboy

Duck Dodgers
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2005
Total Posts : 5

Posted 10/11/2005 5:01 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Duck Dodgers reporting in.  Looking for that next "odd" bike choice. CL450 as a commuter - great choice!lol SRX600 as a long-distance tourer great choice! roll97 Buell S3 for that all-round great aftermarket support great choice!confused Ride safe, ride to the store, ride to the edge, ride to work. If I see you on the road and I don't wave...get over it. If I do wave; I mistook you for someone else. tongue 

Hi- I'm from the Motor-Company and I'm hear to help....close your Buell Dealership.

I ride a Buell-tuber and I don't carry tools.

Look forward to gett'n to know some of you. Any other Tubers out there?

Remember: If it has 4 wheels, it is trying to kill you!

Duck Dodgers - Buell will rule the road in the 24th and 1/2 century!

GeoffG
Instant Classic

Date Joined Jun 2003
Total Posts : 10791

Posted 10/11/2005 5:36 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hey, Duck--I'm not a Tuber, more of a Framer myself (03 XB9R)--but there's at least one current Tuber on the forum!

'Course, we don't cater to any one brand here--even us oddball Buellers seem to be welcome.

Oh, and for those who don't know who I am, well I'm a middle-aged engineering geek kinda guy who lives in the sticks of south-central British Columbia (that's in Canada...the Great White North). Yes, we even have a few paved roads here!

Piko
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2005
Total Posts : 13

Posted 10/12/2005 10:52 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi, I am Piko Neal living in Boston, MA. I do not have a motorcycle yet, but I am looking to taking the introduction MSF course in NOV.

Breeze61
...I keep blowin' down the road.

Date Joined May 2005
Total Posts : 347

Posted 10/13/2005 9:00 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Piko said...
Hi, I am Piko Neal living in Boston, MA. I do not have a motorcycle yet, but I am looking to taking the introduction MSF course in NOV.
Hi, piko.  You came to the right place - check out the newbie forum and dive right in!
Isn't November in Boston kind of rough for the MSF course? 

Sean
'03 Shadow VLX
Some people say don't tempt fate; I say "Fate, don't tempt me".

Ninja250
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2005
Total Posts : 30

Posted 10/15/2005 5:05 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi im a Ninja250 girl, just found the forum today, anyway im from philly . I learned to ride when i was 13 but this spring got into the msf program and got my first bike. yippi for me.

I'll love to get a kawa 636 or a suzuki gsxr 600 for the next bike.... the problem im short. Anyway still gonna be a long while till i concider buying another bike.

Till then who knows maybe make some mods :) its stock right now. Any suggestions for the bike let me know :)

Later

newstar
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2005

Posted 10/16/2005 2:44 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I am new to motorcycling, but not new to atvs. I have riden atvs for 20 years, but just bought my first cheap learner bike- a NewStar(china). I can hear the cringe in the room. Anyway it is a lot of fun, I have riden about 300 miles in 2 weeks on this dual sport machine and am happy. I would like to sell it and my atv and get a Rebel soon.Does anyone know any good websites on the discussion of these chinese bikes?

ignutzz
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2005
Total Posts : 6

Posted 10/20/2005 11:46 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hello all,

Just found these forums yesterday and I've been having fun reading through all the great advice.

DH got sick of me yammering on about wanting to learn to ride so he signed us up for the MSF course as a birthday gift this year. The course taught us that while DH had fun, he's not that into it. I, on the other hand, am just as excited about riding as ever and can't wait to buy my first bike.

Right now I'm doing my research on which bike would be best for me the first time around, and hope to make a purchase early next spring.

ETA: We're based in Brooklyn NY.

Post Edited (ignutzz) : 10/20/2005 7:04:56 PM GMT

CaddmannQ
Random Moto-geek

Date Joined Jul 2003

Posted 10/21/2005 10:11 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Welcome, welcome, welcome!

I see I didn't post much about myself here, so....

I've only been the head moderator here for a little while, but I've been riding motors for 34 years. My current bike "Baggins" (photo below) is a 2004 Kawasaki Vulcan Nomad 1500Fi, which now has about 16,000 miles. This is only my seventh bike. I know lots of guys my age have been through 20 bikes and more, but I tend to try not to blow them up too quickly. (HeeHee...)

Anyhow, I'm a computer geek for an engineering company, 50 years old, married with two daughters and 5 granddaughters, live in central California, and ride my bike to work every day as long as it doesn't rain too hard. It never does here, so I get in about 350 days a year, mostly bone dry.  ;-)

I've been doing all my own mechanical work since I was a kid with a Schwinn Tornado, and I still do, though being able to afford nicer bikes has saved me from a lot of that lately.

Cadd

Lefty
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2005
Total Posts : 19

Posted 10/21/2005 11:55 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Newbi signing in.

Don't have a bike yet... but i think it will bee a Kawasaki KLR650.... maybe next year if all goes well...

The bike will bee a comuter bike and som adventure (freeways seems to bee plenty of adventure) around here. Santa Ana, Orange County, California.

I would like to take a KLR for a test ride...but i can't find any one who offers test rides of any kind......If any one can give me a hint on how to get a test ride or any events who offers test rides......

Thank you

kiwi64
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2005
Total Posts : 3

Posted 10/26/2005 3:08 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Hi my name is anny and im from the uk:-)

I love road racing (actually i dont have much choice!!) especially the irish circuits.yeah

Check out www.realroadracing .com !! Cool siteyeah

KF
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2005
Total Posts : 437

Posted 10/29/2005 6:14 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Greetings to everyone, I'm Kevin from New Rochelle, New York. I'm a die-hard commuter, traveling from the surburbs to the Bronx in NYC. I'm riding a 2004 Kawasaki Eliminator, which just turned 6k miles on the od. I took the BRC three years ago and have over 12k miles of commuting in rush hour traffic. I look forward to being an active member, thanks for having me.

Ride Slow,anticipate hazards!

great4545
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2005

Posted 10/29/2005 6:34 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I'm bob I ride a valcan classic 800. I am in the chicago area and belong to the chicago crusiers club. I have been riding two years now.