Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > General Motorcycle Chat > NEW MEMBERS: Please sign in here.  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
636 posts in this thread.
Viewing Page :

[ | Show Newest Post First ]

Joleth
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jan 2007
Total Posts : 1

Posted 1/8/2007 7:53 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hello from Canada,     My age at the double nickle and riding street bikes since 1967 has enlightened me to the freedom feeling allowed by motorcycling the highways and bi-ways of many parts of  North America these last 39 years!  Just thought that because the photographers of this site are the best I have found and have downloaded their images for background etc. for the last few years I had to log on and mention my admiration for your camera guys ability to bring the best out of bikes and the senerios in which they are frequently found. Kudos to Motorcycle USA.    Joleth. 

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
DSCF0025_edited_edited.JPG
  135KB (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 273 time(s).
Image Attachment :
Image Preview
DSCF0009_edited.JPG
  130KB (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 312 time(s).
Image Attachment :
Image Preview
2006_0827Image0076.JPG
  726KB (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 267 time(s).
Image Attachment :
Image Preview
2006_0827Image0075.JPG
  716KB (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 286 time(s).
Image Attachment :
Image Preview
DSCF0165_edited.JPG
  629KB (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 294 time(s).

CJ777
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jan 2007
Total Posts : 3

Posted 1/12/2007 10:24 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hey I'm CJ. I'm just getting into Motorcycling so I'm a true Newbie.

dprater
Registered Member

Date Joined Jan 2007

Posted 1/16/2007 11:56 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi Guys
I'm back into bikes after 12 years off. I rode from 14 years old to 36 and I feel like I've found my long lost friend! I bought a 05 Aero 750 that had 1400 mi. on it, had it 2 weeks and have put over 600 mi. on it. Could not be happier with it, rides great and last tank full I got 59.7 mpg. I ride to work even if it cold 27 degrees one ,morning. I live in South Carolina so it not too cold. I like this forum.

Dprater

shadowulf
Registered Member

Date Joined Jan 2007
Total Posts : 312

Posted 1/22/2007 12:38 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi all! I'm Al, and after a 25 year wait to be a street rider, I is one. I've ridden dirtbikes, enduros and atvs off and on since I was a kid. I'm looking forward to talking with y'all

piasa
Registered Member

Date Joined Jan 2007

Posted 1/23/2007 7:56 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
just purchased a v star 650 at age 43 and now have to take the MSF class. I haven't ridden before but Since I am in Chicago, have to wait until the Spring to get started.

VVVV2
Registered Member

Date Joined Jan 2007
Total Posts : 6

Posted 2/1/2007 12:23 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Hi There,

My name is Fred, I've been riding for almost 20 years...I'll ride anything with no discrimination though I don't do dirt bikes (but Atv's...). I love classic bikes but also all the new fun "toys" (KTM's especially). In a nutshell I enjoy life and riding! Currently I have in the Garage a 916 Ducati and a FJR 1300 for commute.

That's it for now, I'm sure we'll get to know more each others soon!

Thanks,

Fred VVVV2

P.S: Of course, great message board: Tons of info and riding friends!

KTM Drummer
Registered Member

Date Joined Feb 2007
Total Posts : 7

Posted 2/5/2007 8:27 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hello Bike Riders- Im 52, an airline pilot and ex pro drummer, still play, naturally. As a younger youngster, I raced motocross, trials and speedway, later took to knee scraping on a Kawasaki Zephyr 750, then Honda Hornet 919 before breaking a thumb in a real slow tumble, suffered my airline closing after the twin towers, forcing me to sell my Hornet and be miserable ever since UNTIL NOW. I have a new job flying the Airbus 330 out of Spain where I live (Barcelona) and have just put in my order for the TRIUMPH TIGER 1050, a bike I cannot wait to run-in. I am planning a trip from Barcelona to Finland during my vacations this summer. Ive ordered high model windshield, centerstand and factory side carrying cases.....I welcome anybody interested in Spain and touring to contact me....hornet919@msn.com.

HDHal9000
Registered Member

Date Joined Feb 2007
Total Posts : 5

Posted 2/13/2007 10:03 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi, my name is Hal and I am back to riding after several years, mainly because my wife said my choice was her or a bike. She's still around, AND I now have my third bike ('07 HD Road Glide, which follows a '74 Honda CB550F and a '76 Honda CB750F2). Have ridden for 31 years with the most memorable experience being a 3-month long, 36-state, 13000 mile journey circumnavigating the U.S. Looks like I'll have to retire before I can take that much time off again! I love meeting new people and would like to hear about your experiences and discoveries, tips, or really anything you'd like to share.

--Hal

"Sow a thought, reap an action; sow an action, reap a habit; sow a habit, reap a character; sow a character, reap a destiny."

Double D
Registered Member

Date Joined Feb 2007

Posted 2/15/2007 3:38 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Just found this forum a few days ago....enjoyed reading the posts, and decided to sign on......name is Niel, living in Texas for the moment....lived all over through the years, loved everyplace.....started riding in 1957, on a new Harley Sportster, first year out.....been through Truiumph, BSA, Norton, Royal Enfield....in Viet Nam, Co "C", 716th MP BN 1967-'68 (in case there's any 'Nam vets out there) on to Moto Guzzi and BMW.....finally got one of my all-time got-to-have-it bikes, Ducati 998.....could never have something like this over the years, because it's totally useless for anything but going fast, and at speeds under 100 mph, it's brutally uncomfortable.....and it is going to cost me my license if I'm not careful.....but it's beautiful to look at, and all the things I ever read about them....but nothing came close to describing how it actually feels to ride.....mine is Fly Yellow, monoposto....have a Road King in the garage, next to the latest addition, R1200RT....try to do three trips a year, before I finally wear out the old chassis......married to a wonderful lady who also rides, although she has undergone chemo a few years ago, and has had health problems that prevent her from getting on a bike at the moment.....

Double D
Registered Member

Date Joined Feb 2007

Posted 2/15/2007 3:40 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Just found this forum a few days ago....enjoyed reading the posts, and decided to sign on......name is Niel, living in Texas for the moment....lived all over through the years, loved everyplace.....started riding in 1957, on a new Harley Sportster, first year out.....been through Truiumph, BSA, Norton, Royal Enfield....in Viet Nam, Co "C", 716th MP BN 1967-'68 (in case there's any 'Nam vets out there) on to Moto Guzzi and BMW.....finally got one of my all-time got-to-have-it bikes, Ducati 998.....could never have something like this over the years, because it's totally useless for anything but going fast, and at speeds under 100 mph, it's brutally uncomfortable.....and it is going to cost me my license if I'm not careful.....but it's beautiful to look at, and all the things I ever read about them....but nothing came close to describing how it actually feels to ride.....mine is Fly Yellow, monoposto....have a Road King in the garage, next to the latest addition, R1200RT....try to do three trips a year, before I finally wear out the old chassis......married to a wonderful lady who also rides, although she has undergone chemo a few years ago, and has had health problems that prevent her from getting on a bike at the moment.....
Riding all these years has convinced me that without bikes, I never would have lasted this long.....

Double D
Registered Member

Date Joined Feb 2007

Posted 2/15/2007 3:42 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Just found this forum a few days ago....enjoyed reading the posts, and decided to sign on......name is Niel, living in Texas for the moment....lived all over through the years, loved everyplace.....started riding in 1957, on a new Harley Sportster, first year out.....been through Truiumph, BSA, Norton, Royal Enfield....in Viet Nam, Co "C", 716th MP BN 1967-'68 (in case there's any 'Nam vets out there) on to Moto Guzzi and BMW.....finally got one of my all-time got-to-have-it bikes, Ducati 998.....could never have something like this over the years, because it's totally useless for anything but going fast, and at speeds under 100 mph, it's brutally uncomfortable.....and it is going to cost me my license if I'm not careful.....but it's beautiful to look at, and is all the things I ever read about them....but nothing came close to describing how it actually feels to ride.....mine is Fly Yellow, monoposto....have a Road King in the garage, next to the latest addition, R1200RT....try to do three trips a year, before I finally wear out the old chassis......married to a wonderful lady who also rides, although she has undergone chemo a few years ago, and has had health problems that prevent her from getting on a bike at the moment.....
Riding all these years has convinced me that without bikes, I never would have lasted this long.....
Looking forward to meeting more of you.....

Tommaso Stilletto
Registered Member

Date Joined Feb 2007
Total Posts : 35

Posted 2/19/2007 3:11 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
My name is Tom. " Tommaso " sometimes used in forums ( fori ?) 4100 miles on Piaggio X9 500 scooter called Pia Azzura. Completed Rider's Edge MSF course on Buell Blast at Sheldon's Harley - Davidson in Auburn , Massachusetts last fall.
This will be my first ride season full license.
Ciao !

LoggingBeast
Registered Member

Date Joined Feb 2007
Total Posts : 2

Posted 2/21/2007 10:44 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Howdy. I just bought my first bike. Its an 80 Suzuki GS550L. I got it for 100$. It has 23k on it. I spruced her up and got her running. Just took the carbs off to clean them and found that there are some tubes with missing hoses. I made a post about it if anybody can chime in.

http://forum.motorcycle-usa.com/default.aspx?f=18&m=320721

It has a few other minor issues. I don't know how to ride yet but as soon as she it good to go I'm going to go practice somewhere. I am looking foreward to the information i'll gain from all of you.
-Spencer
Image Attachment :
Image Preview
biker2.jpg
  102KB (image/jpeg)
This image has been viewed 496 time(s).

AceThumperPilot
Registered Member

Date Joined Feb 2007

Posted 2/22/2007 5:22 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Happy Trails
I ride a Honda XR650L. I ride mostly dirt roads but do take trips as well.
I live in Kansas and have ridin dirt bikes most of my life . Just gave up racing as my youngest son outran me and I told him I would give it up the day he beat me. So now ride a big Thumper.
Gary

GENXPERFORMANCE
Registered Member

Date Joined Feb 2007

Posted 2/24/2007 2:12 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
HELLO MY NAME IS JON BEEN RIDING AND WORKING ON BIKES FOR 20 YEARS THOUGHT I WOULD JOIN SOME FORUMS TO LET PPL IN CHICAGO KNOW THAT I OPENED MY OWN SHOP GOT SICK OF MECHANICS THAT KNOW 1 TENTH AS MUCH AS I DO ABOUT BIKES MISDIAGNOSING PROBLEMS FOR FREINDS ALSO OVERCHARGING FOR PARTS AND ACCESSORIES AND LABOR HOPE TO BE OF SERVICE TO THE MANY HARD WORKING GOOD PPL OUT THERE SICK OF THE BIG DEALERS CRAP

kamo
1100 Honda saber

Date Joined Aug 2005
Total Posts : 2061

Posted 2/24/2007 3:02 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
gx and ace welcome to the forum .We sometimes do not notice when people sign in under the stickies even though that is what you should do. Join in on the fun post under any section you want . If you have a mechanical question go to motorman ,a ride comment to rides etc. Kamo yeah

kamo & bikerchix 1 600 vlx Shadow,750 Honda Magna East Alabama If you need a smile, just turn the key and ride!

qebalt
Registered Member

Date Joined Feb 2007
Total Posts : 92

Posted 2/24/2007 7:51 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
hello and hi.

I'm qebalt from Malaysia.

sorry for the late introduction since I thought newbie introduction will be in the newbie thread, hehehe.

I'm riding a 1991 Zephyr 750.

although it is quite old, but still, I love it so much, since it is my first bike.

I'm still studying in UTP, PETRONAS's university here in Malaysia.

I hope someday, in the future, I could meet you guys in USA.

thank you.

my blog --> bikingandtravelling.blogspot.com
my website --> www.geocities.com/petrovars

Frannie1
Registered Member

Date Joined Feb 2007

Posted 2/27/2007 1:40 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hello, My name is Frank. I have been riding motorcycles for the better part of 30 years (dirtbikes pans and shovels ). The wife passed on 8 yrs. ago and I stopped riding to raise my 2 girls. Well lately I have been wondering why the stress does not go away , Suddenly the light bulb came on: NO MOTORCYCLE ! So I started looking at a few Vtwins . I wanted something different, a Vtwin but something sportier . I saw a used Ducati ( I think it was a 901) and found out they were wwet sump engines. I finally bought a 94 LC4 620 KTM which meant I would have to find a KTM dealer. I found one in Pasadena and thats where the trouble started, or should I say, thats where I first saw her just a photo however, the damage was done. A 2007 KTM Super Duke, a black one. Its on order and I am chomping it to bits. Thanks for having me. Sincerely , Frank

britbiker
Registered Member

Date Joined Feb 2007
Total Posts : 5

Posted 2/27/2007 5:34 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
HELLO, From Manchester England.. UK that is... North west where the soccer comes from.
Just joined as I am hoping to ride across 21 states, and visit 21 towns called Manchester in 21 days (+4000 miles). Early next year.smile  Yea, really.
making a short documentary for TV about the United States of A-manchester.Low budget (no budget yet!), On bikes... maybe Triumph Rocket (Anyone from trimph USA reading this.)

Now seeking.... stories, beds, good food, good contacts, anything free!

e-mail me enco@37.com

Cheers as we say over here.jumpin
Image Attachment :
Image Preview
P1010296.JPG
  297KB (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 286 time(s).
Image Attachment :
Image Preview
P1010277.JPG
  367KB (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 318 time(s).

gurski
Registered Member

Date Joined Feb 2007
Total Posts : 4

Posted 2/27/2007 6:27 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
My son and I race MX and ride dirtbikes here in Michigan.
I've been riding dirtbikes for many years and my son's been racing for 8 years now.
He races the AMA district 14 circuit and the MRA also.
I'm a firetruck mechanic by trade and have been building his bikes for racing for years now.
I look forward to being and active member
thanks

mothercrushr
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2007

Posted 3/3/2007 5:04 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Hey. My name is charlie or "chuck" if you will. I'm on an 06' streetglide (my first harley). My last bike was a 78' hondamatic chopper, before that an 83' goldwing w/"modifications"(some call it the Mad Max Goldwing, to that I say "whatever dude"), before that one a 1980 KZ1000LTD, Before that my first bike was a 78' CB750K turned cafe' racer-sort of.

My wife Dawn and I ride together everyplace anytime we can get away from work. She is a Veterinary Technician and I am a Veterinary Assistant (or "lackey") in training to be a Vet Tech.

Good to meet you all.

donald lee
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2007

Posted 3/3/2007 7:23 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Hi you all!!!

donald lee here, I'm glad I found this web site. To tell you all a little about me, I started riding when I was 12 years old  started on a Crusier motor scooter, Dad bought home an old Harly, And i asked if I could ride it. He told me if I could start it i could ride it,!!  Well for about a week I kept getting throwed over the bars, Dad just laughed. Well thanks to the Good Lord my neighbor told me to retard the spark with the left grip,,, Well Dad just about had a heart attack when he heard the bike rumble to life!!! this ride started me to riding anything and everything I could. the first Bike that I owned was a 650 BSA road rocket well that should tell some of you how old I am. Any way I then road Triumph Lightings Nortorn 750 Comandos, and of course the Honda. I used to race the Nortorn and won a lot of money with it, but one night while racing on the street against a Chey chevelle, I broke the rear axle with the front wheel about three feet in the air, I did not loose any hide !! but I lost my desire to ride, sold the bike the next morning and did not ride again for thirty  five years. Then I bought a 03 BMW KLT 1200 in 05 it had 2298 miles on it, it now has 16000 miles on it!!! I love to ride, any way My wife and I have three Bikes we ride the BMW a Suzuki 800 and a Honda 500 Silver wing. But I have been looking at the new Victory Vision, and I have to tell you that if it rides as good as it looks, I am going to do my best to own one. the reason being that the BMW cost me an arm and leg when ever I need anything for it, Please don't get me wrong I love the BMW just don't love what it cost to ride it.

I hope that I have not broken any rules or caused anyone to have Heart palpitations. just wanted to say hi in my way.

Thanks and God Bless You All

Donald lee

Blueeyes2114
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2007
Total Posts : 29

Posted 3/4/2007 2:26 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi Everyone,  I am a newbie Motorcycle Rider in Northern Virginia.  I bought my bike in November and had it serviced in December and bought my gear up until now.  So I am antsy as far as riding. I just for the first time took it out around the block and had to go on my gravel driveway.. It was awesome.  I was a bit nervous and that is good i suppose but I am ready.. It's still too cold out yet although we had a good 2 days yesterday but I rather go with someone on my first time out on the real roads. Anyway I am a newbie to this site too..

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
blue eyes sig pic.jpg
  54KB (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 316 time(s).

richcusd
Registered Member

Date Joined Feb 2007
Total Posts : 11

Posted 3/4/2007 7:04 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi there, I registered this week after looking at posts and deciding this is a good bunch of people here. I posted a request for help with a route and got great responses. My name is Rich and I live in Southern Calif. I am fairly new to this Motorcycle thing again - a little over a year riding everyday now after 45 years away. I started back with a Nighthawk 450 and now have a Yamaha 650 Classic and just bought a Honda ST 1100 in New Hampshire that I am riding back to CA next week. 45 years ago I rode a Honda 50 while in college. My bride of 37 years and my three grown kids are skeptical and think this is just another symptom of my "old life crisis" like my short lived professional football career - but that's another story. My grandkids think it's "cool". Thanks for all the help you folks give to newbies like me. You are doing the work of the angels. Take care.

RideLikeAgirl
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2007
Total Posts : 13

Posted 3/7/2007 7:46 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi from Florida......

Don't own a bike nor do I know how to ride one ...but I LOVE themyeah yeah