Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > General Motorcycle Chat > NEW MEMBERS: Please sign in here.  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
636 posts in this thread.
Viewing Page :

[ | Show Newest Post First ]

oncebitten
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Mar 2007
Total Posts : 2

Posted 3/8/2007 11:37 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Not even sure what to say, so I guess the basics will have to do...

I'm a woman.
I ride, been doing so for the past 25 years.
Right now I'm on an Ironhead Chopper (yes, women can and do ride chops, I just don't see many of them).
I'm married, with kids....okay-okay, my husband is a kid too, but he's a legal one with a job! smilewinkgrin
I live in Michigan.
I belong to my state's COC and I stay pretty involved in the rights of bikers.
I have a pretty dry sense of humor, so please cut me some slack, if in doubt, just ask.

That's all I can think of at the moment, if ya want to know more, ask.  If it's not weird or too personal, I'm pretty straight forward. 

Taylor Watson
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Mar 2007
Total Posts : 5

Posted 3/13/2007 12:41 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi,
I'm Taylor from TN and I don't have a bike but am very interested in riding.

John Lewis
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2007
Total Posts : 22

Posted 3/13/2007 4:10 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Hello all!

This is a re-post.  I do apologize.  I originally posted an introduction in the Newbie section ("Newbie from Maine").

My name is John.  I'm in Maine, and currently own a 2007 Victory 8-Ball.  This is my first bike!  I'm here to meet new people, as well as to gain knowledge of the hobby/sport.  I look forward to meeting/chatting with you!

John

2007 Victory 8-Ball
w/ Arlen Ness Turn-down Pipes and Arlen Ness Drag Bars

HDRules
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2007
Total Posts : 1

Posted 3/16/2007 3:14 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hey! My name is Rodney, and I have been riding since 1972, mostly Harleys, but that is just personal preference. :P

My current bike is a 1980 FLT, the first year for that bike, and parts are getting harder and harder to come by, so if anyone knows good sources (especially need to replace my rusted out exhaust system).

I have lived in a small town in NC for about half of my life now, but am originally from Montana, and have ridden in most of the 48 contiguous states.

Anyway, good to be here!

Pestilence
Registered Member

Date Joined Jul 2006
Total Posts : 16

Posted 3/17/2007 9:40 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
My name is Kevin, I think I live in Chicago but I live more in my imagination. Been Riding for 1 year so this is my first bike.

2006 Kawasaki Vulcan 900

lilpete
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2007
Total Posts : 9

Posted 3/22/2007 4:49 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Ok !! Name is Rick  and I answer to a lot of other names . be that as it may, I have ridden something since a pre teen. Wizzar Bike anyone ??? lol...  Divorced  now, and riding more  My newest baby is a 2006 Suzuki c90t with all of 320 miles on it , but then , look at the picture , and its only March here in NW Ohio

LIFE.............is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - What A Ride! *author unknown*

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
2.jpg
  1.19Mb (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 287 time(s).

bluejaynow
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2007
Total Posts : 3

Posted 3/27/2007 2:49 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Just bought my first bike 2 days ago..1983 GS 550 Suzuki..my son crashed it last night and now it won't start. I still plan to take the MSA course so I can learn how to ride and hopefully my bike will be fixed by then.

MFFJM2
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2007

Posted Today 10:28 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I'm Bill, I ride a 2000 Suzuki Hayabusa (blue and silver) in and around Washington, DC.  I've been riding for 35 years. 

"If all mankind minus one were of one opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind." -John Stuart Mill

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
mebikesm.jpg
  12KB (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 273 time(s).

JustBarno
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2007
Total Posts : 14

Posted Today 11:51 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Name is Justin. I'm a motoGP freak, and I run a new motorcycle news website. I ride a Harley, and am a friend of anyone on 2-wheels. Hope everyone is having a great thursday!

actionace
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2007
Total Posts : 1

Posted 3/30/2007 12:52 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi there, I'm Ace. I've enjoyed the Motorcycle USA site and figured I'd register. I ride a 250 Ninja which I've had for quite some time. Thanks for the forums.

kamo
1100 Honda saber

Date Joined Aug 2005
Total Posts : 2061

Posted 3/30/2007 2:45 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I see that several new guys have signed in lately . You will have to forgive us we sometimes miss when you do as the stickeys are always at the top and we over look them at times. welcome A C, J B ,and MF to the forum. Please chime in with anything of interest to you. Also please put you State in your sig. if you do not mind. Helps us with the reigon and whats going on where you are. Thanks Kamo

kamo & bikerchix 1 600 vlx Shadow,750 Honda Magna East Alabama If you need a smile, just turn the key and ride!

ABN505
Registered Member

Date Joined Apr 2007
Total Posts : 8

Posted 4/1/2007 5:15 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
What's up to all. I'm ABN505. I am a new member to this Motorcycle USA forum. I completed the MSF course in Jacksonville, FL. Living between Baltimore and D.C. I have been practically living on the internet doing alot of research and reading reviews. I haven't bought my bike yet. I am considering getting an 04 Suzuki Intruder Volusia to get me started, real soon. This site/forum is great!

Maryland

bikerchix1
1100 Honda Ace

Date Joined Dec 2006
Total Posts : 864

Posted 4/1/2007 5:27 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
welcome A B Kamo

Live well, Love much and Laugh often!

Tomakazie
Registered Member

Date Joined Nov 2005
Total Posts : 11

Posted 4/1/2007 6:31 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Good Morning
New to this site & just wanted to say Hello. jumpin

T&D
Albuquerque NM
2006 BMW K1200 LT
2003 Uni-Go trailer.
Firstgiving.com/tomakazie

kamo
1100 Honda saber

Date Joined Aug 2005
Total Posts : 2061

Posted 4/1/2007 6:44 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
welcome tom k Kamo

kamo & bikerchix 1 600 vlx Shadow,750 Honda Magna East Alabama If you need a smile, just turn the key and ride!

JenniB
Electric Blue Eyes

Date Joined Apr 2007
Total Posts : 4

Posted 4/4/2007 9:01 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hello all.
New to the site.
My name is JenniB
and I am 29.

I love to ride but
don't own a bike.
Would love to have
my own someday and
learn to ride.

I love to ride !!!!

Pablo Cruz
Registered Member

Date Joined Apr 2007
Total Posts : 15

Posted 4/6/2007 7:39 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi, I'm Pablo, I'm older than dirt, have forgotten half of all I ever knew, & a scooter is all I can handle...     cry      

Oh, I live in Ohio, last I recall...   smhair    lol

Burgman 400

Post Edited (Pablo Cruz) : 4/7/2007 2:45:04 AM GMT

indianavtx
Registered Member

Date Joined Apr 2007
Total Posts : 5

Posted 4/9/2007 10:33 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I'm Tom, been riding a few years and wanted to say hi.

redroo
Registered Member

Date Joined Apr 2007
Total Posts : 22

Posted 4/9/2007 10:45 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi every one Im RedRoo from Down Under (Australia) I too posted in newbies post so sorry about that.

Im an Aussie embarking on a two year (approx) trip around the world and will be spending 6-7 months in the USA-Canada and South America before heading to Europe. We dont realy have a time frame except for 08 when we are following the Moto GP around the globe for the year. If I can get a few legalities worked through the aim is to pick up a Kawasaki ZZR1100 in Cali and head north.
We hope to also pick up a Kawa ZX10R while in the USA and make a track bike from it, it will be used as a camera platform as well as we are making a on road and track series of motorcycle documentry's as we go. I'll be travelling with my off-sider called "Pirate" shes a fiesty 26 year old "young one", who normaly pilots a stonking ZX12R on the street and a 636 Kwaka on the track back in Oz. We will be working together as a team with both doing commentry and riding on the roads and tracks of the world, she will be doing the younger person and "party animal" sections as well as a womens views on things in a Reality TV type program and I'm the "mature" part...lol. not sure though how acurately mature describes me.

We dont plan to make too many rigid plans and will go where the wind blows except for selected events, our idea is to make a DVD on the trip and all the mistakes and follies we have along the way. Pirate and I are great mates and have been riding together for a couple of years, we fight like Cats n Dogs and are diametricaly opposed as personalities so should be errr interesting to say the least.

We look forward to meeting quite a few of you folk along the way.

Lifes not a dress rehearsal, seize the chances and run with it!

Post Edited (redroo) : 4/10/2007 5:56:33 AM GMT

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
page 1 header2 test.jpg
  231KB (image/jpeg)
This image has been viewed 270 time(s).

astrolin
Registered Member

Date Joined Apr 2007
Total Posts : 4

Posted 4/12/2007 3:11 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hey,

My name is Lindsay, I live in VA just out side of Washington DC. I don't own a bike yet, but want to buy a used Suzuki S40 (Savage) this summer. I am also going to be retaking the MSF course this summer around the time I buy one. I currently ride on the back of some of my coworkers and used to ride on my ex-boyfriends.

Lindsay

Dr Alabaster
Registered Member

Date Joined Apr 2007
Total Posts : 26

Posted 4/13/2007 1:29 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hey gang,

If it's new, water-cooled, or covered in chrome, or missing a kick-starter, it ain't for me.

I like smaller bikes, wrenching, electrical work, and rattle-can paint jobs. I typically don't ride with others.

Favorite beer: Miller High Life

74 Honda CB360G
84 Moto Guzzi V65C

"Pain and suffering are always inevitable for a large intelligence and a deep heart. The really great men must, I think, have great sadness on earth" -- Crime and Punishment, Fyodor Dostoevsky (1821-1881)

Basile_
Registered Member

Date Joined Apr 2007

Posted 4/15/2007 6:33 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hye im Basile! Im from Belgium and i want to buy myself a new Triumph Scrambler. Working on the costthing though :)

MichaelD
Registered Member

Date Joined Nov 2006
Total Posts : 658

Posted 4/15/2007 6:58 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi to all Im Mike . Been a member since 11-24-06. this is a great site. Ive got lots of helpful info. I live in central Kansas. Ride a 2007 Honda 750 Shadow 80% of the time.Also own a 87 Honda Intercepter and a 87 Kawasaki 454 ltd. Raced Dirt bikes as a teen. At 18 I got my first street bike a Kawasaki KZ 400. been smiling ever since.
Image Attachment :
Image Preview
My%20Shadow.jpg
  126KB (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 273 time(s).

Blacktooth Grin
Registered Member

Date Joined Apr 2007
Total Posts : 43

Posted 4/19/2007 6:43 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I missed this thread when I signed up.

I'm Derek, I live in Columbia, MO, I've wanted a Harley for going on 20 years, and I'm taking the MSF course in June.

Zackleys

EscapeSteve
Registered Member

Date Joined Apr 2007
Total Posts : 11

Posted 4/20/2007 10:35 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Greetings All
I am Steve from Salt Lake City, UT. I have been riding off and on most of my life, and really got back into it aboput 5 yrs ago when kids were getting older (typical Baby-Boomer)
I had some experience teaching in the USAF so I looked into becoming a RiderCoach with the MSF. I have been certified and teaching for about 4 yrs now and love teaching new riders to experience the passion!
We loved bikes so much (my wife also rides) that we opened a Motorcycle Rental Store in Salt Lake. We rent Harleys, GoldWings, and working on some Metric Cruisers. Its a blast esp sharing stories from rides with people from the east coast experiencing the Rockies for the first time!!
Looking forward to learning more from all the experience on the forum. Many benefit from the questions beside just the posters, keep it up!!!
Cheers

Steve
Salt Lake City, UT