Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > General Motorcycle Chat > NEW MEMBERS: Please sign in here.  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
636 posts in this thread.
Viewing Page :

[ | Show Newest Post First ]

Prblmwitauthorty
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Apr 2007
Total Posts : 13

Posted 4/21/2007 7:57 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Hello all!

My name is Justin and I live in Indianapolis, IN and have been riding for as long as I could (legally) and then some. I'm 17 so that's where the legality issue comes into play. devil 

Anyways I've been riding dirtbikes and atv's for a hell of a long time, and bought an SV650S about a year and a half ago. Still have it and I take it daily to school. Probably will move up to a GSXR sometime in the near future, before college. I'm a candidate for the Air Force Academy and will be going there next year after my senior year. I play varsity football, am an amateur boxer, work at a Texas Roadhouse, hang with girls, and do all of the other things a regular teen does.

Used to live in Dallas, Tx and I miss the area. I do not miss the heat however.

Anyways, thats about it. Love the forum.

brian93cbr900rr
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Apr 2007
Total Posts : 29

Posted 4/23/2007 8:14 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
hi all,im 34 with about 20 years of riding experiance.i have a short list of bike ive owned.....started out with a mini bike,rm80,rm125,85 yz250,80 gl500,67 bsa chopper,81 kz1000,85kz700,83cb750,01tl 1000,84suzuki gs750?79 suzuki water buffalo...and now im riding a 1993 cbr 900rr.4/5 weeks ago i crashed and im just jumping back on the horse angaints mamas blessings...lol....i told er if i dont the nightmares will scare me away from riding.....bs........its in my blood.my grandma and grandfather were bikers back in the 40`sand 50`s...they road an old harley 74 with a side car from jacksonville florida to modesto ca,in 1949...some early bike magazine did a write up cus it was uncommon for a family to cross the u s on a bike.it was grandma,grandpa,my 5 year old aunt at the time and my 6 month old father shoved in the boot of the side car......anywho im not out to bore you guys/girls.....lol...........im interested in meet friends in my area to go riding with................

Gaetan
Registered Member

Date Joined Apr 2007
Total Posts : 3

Posted 4/25/2007 3:02 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi all,
My name is Gaetan and i'm from Strasbourg... in France.
I'm 22, nearly 17 years of riding experience! I started riding when i was 5 on a PW, then a cr80 and a 125yz (off road of course smilewinkgrin ). Later, when i was 16 i began riding on the road with a dtr 125 yamaha and when i was 18 i bought a cb500 for the road and an aprilia rs250 for racing.
Nowaday, i'm still riding the cb500 and i'm in the french championship, in the 500cc category.
I registered this forum because i want to come in the usa in a few months so i want to learn how the bike's world is in your country which i only visited once, when i was 9, i visited daytona beach in florida.
See you later,

(sorry for the mistake i can write, but my english is not really perfect. I hope it isn't too horrible to read for you!)

marioparnelli
Registered Member

Date Joined Apr 2007
Total Posts : 1

Posted 4/26/2007 6:27 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi, My name is Craig and I live in northeastern Ohio. I'm your typical "boomer" about to get back into motorcycling after a layoff of about 10 years. My first bike was a 72 Yamaha 250 enduro. My first street bike was a 76 Yamaha RD350. I have had a number of bikes since then, all street bikes, Suzuki 380 triple, 82 Kawaski 550GPZ, 88 Kawaski Ninja ZX10, and a Honda Saber 1100. I plan on getting a bike in the next month or two. I'm looking at "streetfighters", Triumph Speed Triple, Kawaski Z1000, etc. I found these forums and alot of good information.

MattyWall
Registered Member

Date Joined Apr 2007

Posted 5/2/2007 3:48 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
G'day G'day!!! I'm Mathew, 20 years of age, i ride a Yamaha DT200R, soon to be a 03-04 wr250f, I'm Australian, been riding for a year on the road but ive been riding off for about 2 (had to wait for my oldies to move overseas before i could get my license how sad) i came across MSUSA while i was visiting my olds in San Francisco ended up buying a few things and now i regularly check out the articles.

kamo
1100 Honda saber

Date Joined Aug 2005
Total Posts : 2061

Posted 5/2/2007 4:13 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hey M W  Welcome to the forum !  Afew of us speake a diffrent kind of english to ,it is called Southern redneck.  Maybe we can swap  a few terms.  BTW my nephew is getting married in June to a girl from down under. I will meet her soon and see what part of Aussie world she is from.   Kamo

Kamo 750 Honda Magna East Alabama If you need a smile, just turn the key and ride!

Nippy
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2007

Posted 5/2/2007 6:38 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi. My name’s John, and I’m from the UK. I’ve registered on here because my wife and I are planning that most clichéd of road trips – Route 66. We’re giving ourselves plenty of time to plan, since it will be spring or early summer 2008 before we actually do it. But this is of course the dream motorcycle tour of a lifetime for many Europeans.

I’ve been riding all my life, starting out with old British bikes like BSA Bantams, Matchless G3s and eventually (gasp) a Triumph Bonneville. I now ride a BMW K1200S, which is a fabulous machine, and my wife Jean has just got a BMW F800ST. We tour quite a lot in Europe, and in recent years have been exploring the Norwegian fjord roads.

The picture shows me on my Beemer, and she on her old Hornet.
Image Attachment :
Image Preview
IMG_2875.jpg
  155KB (image/jpeg)
This image has been viewed 261 time(s).

MattyWall
Registered Member

Date Joined Apr 2007

Posted 5/2/2007 2:14 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
G'day Kamo
cheers for the welcoming mate!
good luck to ya nephew with his new misses, Aussie chics are pretty crazy.
well not crazy crazy just really loud and outspoken.

red rs
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2007
Total Posts : 9

Posted 5/3/2007 7:01 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Newbie here  smile

I'm Becky (red rs) currently living in Southern Il and riding my new Royal Star Tour Deluxe (and hubby's GoldWing when he's not home smilewinkgrin )

flyingbrick
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2007
Total Posts : 2

Posted 5/4/2007 8:21 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Howdy All,
My name is flyingbrick (Ron) and I have just recently found this site. From what I've seen so far, it has lots of good info. I live just NW of Houston and ride as much as possible. Currently I ride an old BMW K100, I also have 2 dirt bikes I leave at a friends garage in Colo. My first ride was at 2 yrs old on my Dad's Indian 50 years ago. I started solo riding at 12 and have been going since.  I meet up with friends in Colo twice a year for a week adventure in the canyonlands of Utah, also shorter trips in the Colo rockies 4-6 times a year. When I'm not riding dirt, I'm on the BMW.
Let's go ride, flyingbrick

flyingbrick

Young Riders pick a destination, Old Riders pick a direction.

electra
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2007

Posted 5/6/2007 5:47 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
hello, been riding about 30 years. I now own a electre glide classic.  electra from conn.

RadarO'Riley
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2007
Total Posts : 18

Posted 5/14/2007 10:20 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi, I'm RadarO'Riley, I live West of Weatherford, Texas. I have been riding off & on for most of my life. I am a retired Real Estate broker with a still employed spouse. He loves fishing so we do a lot of that, sometimes I take my bike & ride while he fishes. Two of our daughter also ride.I presently have a 2003 Savage & am picking up a C-50 Suzuki tomorrow. Hubby doesn't ride but is content with me doing it. I was quite pleased to come across this forum since it gave me the answers right away about a windshield for my C-50.

RadarO'Riley

manchestersparky
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2007
Total Posts : 54

Posted 5/21/2007 4:34 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Hi everyone I'm Ken from Maryland & I just put tags on a 1982 yamaha Virago XV920J

Jacky0612
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2007
Total Posts : 58

Posted 5/23/2007 8:53 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi, I'm new here today! 

Named Jacky ,came from Taiwan. 

I'm nobody, just interested in motorcycles recently.

3 lagested brands in Taiwan: KYMCO,SYM, YAMAHA.

yeah 

K Bore
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2007

Posted 5/26/2007 10:30 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Waz up!  Nice Forum.  I'm K. Bore and live in St. Charles MO.  I've wanted to ride since my kids were little.  Now they are grown, I bought my first bike:  Shadow ACE 750, and its a bit overwhelming (in a good way).  I took the MSF Riding class and recommend it highly!!

Regards,

KB

blurredvision
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2007

Posted 5/27/2007 5:17 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hey guy, my name is Josh.  My wife and I are possibly looking into getting our first motorcycle for weekend recreational use.  My father and brother-in-law are both riders, as well as my wife's uncle, who restores old Harley's in his garage in TN.  As of posting this, I've known about this forum for all of 10 minutes now :).

Looks like a great community, and I hope to learn a lot from you guys!

Premier
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2007

Posted 5/28/2007 1:57 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hello all. My name is John a.k.a. Premier and I ride a 2006 ZX-6R - the titanium silver with the tribal on the sides. I've been riding for almost a year so I am still learning what I can when I can. I am reading all kinds of magazines and talking to cats that I ride with (motorcycle club called "KINGZ"). BTW, anyone on here currently in Germany. I am in the Army stationed in Germany and was just wondering. That's about it for now...be safe out there!

Premier

HockeyFan
XL883C / 9433 miles

Date Joined May 2007
Total Posts : 195

Posted 5/29/2007 8:37 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hey all from the Buffalo NY area, new to riding, looking to buy my first bike.
Just passed the MSF course, loved it, can't recommend it enough.
Great site - lots of pertinent info.

Harb
Bleeds Scarlet and Grey

Date Joined May 2007
Total Posts : 19

Posted 5/29/2007 10:50 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I don't know how I managed to miss this particular sticky...

I'm Jareth from Ohio. I'm 19 and I'm finishing my first year at The Ohio State University next week. I live in Stow, Ohio (near Akron and about 40 mins from Cleveland) when not in school. I've wanted a bike for a while, and it's almost becoming a necessity as I really need some sort of transportation that doesn't involve me borrowing my parents cars like I did in high school. I'm hoping to take the MSF course as soon as I can, and then I want to get a Kawasaki Ninja 500r or 650r before the end of the summer.

I look forward to joining this community and I hope to be joining you all on the road soon :)

Go bucks!

Vanilla Gorilla
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2007
Total Posts : 9

Posted 5/31/2007 9:25 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Vanilla Gorilla here.

I ride a custom built chop with an evo. I (with assistance from a friend) built it from the ground up. We did all of the sheet metal fab for the bike. (tank, oil tank, fenders as well as some mods to the frame) I am presently finishing up a new tank and repainting the whole bike so I will post pics later. I like the forum here it is helpful and enjoyable to read. I am from Michigan, so the riding season is a little shorter than I would like (I'm going nuts having my bike down right now).

GuzziTim
Registered Member

Date Joined Jun 2007

Posted 6/5/2007 11:13 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Buenas nalgas to all! Glad to be aboard.....looks like a really good website in general and a well set up forum!

I ride Guzzi's, a '98 Centauro, and a '69 Ambassador, or Ambo as we fondly call them. Been riding for many years, starting in 1968, on the usual japanese tiddler, a Suzuki 120cc. After several japanese bikes, I found Guzzi in 1970, and have been a fan since. I have had a few other bikes, mostly off-road, but prefer Guzzi for my road riding. Fortunately, Guzzi folks hold great rallies, too, so it is an extra incentive to ride them.

VTX-N
Registered Member

Date Joined Jun 2007

Posted 6/7/2007 7:45 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Good evening to all gathered here.

I'm Ron from the LowCountry (Charleston, SC). Just moved here about 3 months ago. We lived in Columbus, OH and moved to Charlotte, NC. Ever in search for a better job.

I have a 94 Wing and an 04 VTX 1800-N. I've put many miles on them and have countless memories of places where we've ridden. In retrospect, many of our rides have been for charity - such as the Juvenile Diabetes Foundation (JDF) ride out of Grand Rapids, MI to St. Ignace on the UP or as part of Rolling Thunder to Washington, DC over the Memorial Day weekend. We did ride the Wing to Disney World from Columbus and ran into several many heavy downpours on the way home. Could it have been Walt crying because we left there with $$ still in our pockets??

Now that we're in the Low Country, we're looking for some new riding adventures and events to support. If anyone has input on local rides, please forward the details. Thanks in advance.

CrazyOldMan
Rocket Captain

Date Joined Jun 2007
Total Posts : 561

Posted 6/11/2007 4:13 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi all. I'm new in the real sense of the term.. I've never ridden a bike. Though I've been wanting to for many many years.
I plan on taking the MSF course in August. It's my 40th birthday, and I've made up my mind to finally get onto a bike and RIDE.

I've read a lot of posts here and have gathered a great amount of info. This site is a great resource.

minimalist650
Keep it Simple

Date Joined Jun 2007
Total Posts : 4

Posted 6/11/2007 7:27 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi all, Dave here AKA minimalist650. I have been riding almost three years now. Better late than never. I truly believe if I had been allowed to get a motorcycle when I was fifteen ( Mom said NO!!! and then *alot* of life happened ) my whole life would be different. Even at 52, I see properties sitting vacant and think: " That would be a cool place for a motorcycle repair shop."

I have a 1983 CB650SC that I truly love. It came with a PlexiFairing® and soft bags that I often remove when the weather is nice, or I am just commuting; other times, they go back on -- depends on my mood. I also have a 1981 Goldwing that my wife and I ride around on; it is a work in progress. Finally, a 1989 KLR650 rounds out the stable, just in case I want to take o ride on some of the many gravel forest roads to be found here in the Pacific Northwest. One of these days I want take it to Alaska and the Arctic Circle ( Folks roll their eyes at that one, but I'll have the last laugh ).

I commute and ride just about everywhere except the grocery store.

Nice to be here... .

Dave

"I tell you, we are here on earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different" - Kurt Vonnegut.

girrrrrrl
Registered Member

Date Joined Jun 2007
Total Posts : 12

Posted 6/11/2007 11:24 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
greetings from Nova Scotia!
I've been riding for only 5 years, i wished i started much earlier.
i have a 2004 750 Shadow, my second bike, i started on a '85 shadow and quickly
moved up. i love my bike. i have a riding companion, named Billy
he's a 1 yr old toy poodle and he travels everywhere with me.

I'm planning a run to Quebec's Gaspe peninsula and another run to Newfoundland this summer. Nova Scotia has some great touring destinations the big one being the Cabot Trail we do it every year.

If you are ever out this way (north shore of Nova Scotia- across the strait from PEI)please get in touch
we'd love to meet all bikers who come our way.
Image Attachment :
Image Preview
biker billy.jpg
  139KB (image/jpeg)
This image has been viewed 253 time(s).