Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > General Motorcycle Chat > NEW MEMBERS: Please sign in here.  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
636 posts in this thread.
Viewing Page :

[ | Show Newest Post First ]

darmabum69
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Aug 2007
Total Posts : 3

Posted 8/1/2007 12:33 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Hey There, I'm a Buddhist Biker living in Salem.

I currently have a SUZUKI Marauder 1600/04

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
everyone dies.jpg
  98KB (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 529 time(s).
Image Attachment :
Image Preview
on the 1600.jpg
  144KB (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 245 time(s).

KTM Drummer
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2007
Total Posts : 7

Posted 8/2/2007 1:32 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Im Paul, an airline pilot and drummer, i live in Barcelona, Spain, and sold my Honda CB 919 Hornet ( as its known here ) to buy a KTM 690 Prestige, in the end from Gordon Roper, owner of Honda Ibiza. He´s the Honda and KTM dealer on the island...was one of my sponsors when i was a motocross racer...to make a long love story short, I fell in love with the 690 at first sight. Its highly uglyish futuristic appearance combined with high quality components and great single thumper performance about knocked me out. I called all my local KTM dealers in Cataluña, no way, they were sold out and already had a waiting list for next Decembers delivery date...then I had an inspiration and dialled Gordons number. Alas, he had a Prestige sitting on the showroom floor, reserved but maybe available, he´d call me next day...next day, I couldn´t wait, i had a long haul flight and called him first from crew dispatch before my 10 hr flight to Santo Domingo...in short, he said ITS YOURS....and we had one excited and happily expectant 52 yr young pilot thinking how lucky I am, flying an Airbus 330 as a job and coming home to a KTM fun machine...in Barcelona we have lots of well paved roads, twisting climbs and infinite corners to enjoy...and go-kart circuits that welcome supermotard fun seekers...the body may get older but the spirit lives on !!

leatherlou
leatherlou

Date Joined Aug 2007
Total Posts : 74

Posted 8/5/2007 11:38 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hello everyone. My name is leatherlou ( Lou ) and i have been doing leather work for many of years. From Florida to NE as far south as Tx. Right now i'm in Tx & i'll be here for awhile untill i head north to OK. If you have any leather questions feel free to ask away. I'll help you out the best i can online. See ya at a show or on the road. Take care & ride safe, Lou

kavenger
Registered Member

Date Joined Jun 2007
Total Posts : 57

Posted 8/5/2007 1:39 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Great website. Love the bike reviews and the best bike photos on the internet.

[SIZE=2][FONT=Comic Sans MS]kavenger[/FONT][/SIZE]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2] "Let me do right to all, and wrong no man."
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=Blue]

06ConnieOwner
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2007
Total Posts : 4

Posted 8/7/2007 8:53 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Greg Thomas in Pittsburgh, PA. Proud owner and satisfied rider of a 2006 Concours ZG1000 with 20520+ miles on the odometer since 3/1/06.

gandon74
always smile

Date Joined Aug 2007

Posted 8/8/2007 8:19 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
hy to everyone...i'm paolo from italy (north)...great site and hope to became as soon as a new friend of all of you
ah ...another thing:sorry for my english...it's a little easy and i could make some mistakes...

smiles

...my last best friend...

vampyresdesire
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2007
Total Posts : 1

Posted 8/14/2007 3:01 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
hello. 21/f/alberta. i have an 07 gixxer 600. love riding the twisties. my longest ride so far was 1900km in two days. that was couple weeks ago. ive done two track days so far. really loving my gixxer. hoping i can contribute something and maybe learn something here

magadeth
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2007

Posted 8/22/2007 5:24 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
hiya, I'm John, I am looking to buy an 08 xb12s once i get back to the states. It will be my first bike. A buddy and I are planning on getting a cheapo 250 so we have somthing to practice on after the msf course. I am very interested in hearing about the buells, love the look and hear they handle well and are not to fast wich is pretty much what i want.

lafreedom
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2007

Posted 8/24/2007 4:30 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hello all....My name is Chris and I have an 82 Suzuki GS650EZ....and I am close to putting a stick of dinamite up the tail pipe and lighting it....

Can anyone here help me?..
Image Attachment :
Image Preview
bike3.jpg
  85KB (image/jpeg)
This image has been viewed 270 time(s).

CaddmannQ
Random Moto-geek

Date Joined Jul 2003
Total Posts : 17674

Posted 8/24/2007 6:09 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Chris, post your problems in the "Ask Motoman" room & we'll see what we can do to help you.

"When in doubt, ride."
Cadd................................Clovis CA
2004 Nomad 1500............"Baggins"
caddmannq at yahoo dot com

Cutlass
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2007

Posted 9/6/2007 1:55 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
hey everybody, been checking out this forum for quite some time and liked what i saw so i joined. This is the first forum I've ever signed on to. I ride a 1998 Vulcan 1500 classic and I love to ride it.

Lovag
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2007

Posted 9/13/2007 5:52 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

My name Kalla Zoltán. in Hungary I live.

I ride a motorcycle year of an 30.

Ola
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2007
Total Posts : 15

Posted 9/14/2007 6:53 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi guys! Ola here from Sweden, looking forward to joining this forum. Rather a rookie on the motorcyclestuff. Been riding for a few years but aint going to quit untill the day I get buried. Commute with a dl650 and ride a gsxr750 for the fun of it. Even if this has been a lousy summer cry . Please excuse my poor grammatics.  Stay safe!

Chaos
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2007
Total Posts : 1030

Posted 9/14/2007 7:55 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi. Shane from South Africa. I'm 28 and I ride a 07 gsxr 600. Going to be upgrading to the 750 next year, unless I get a KTM Super Duke. Man, I love that bike.

Pearl Rider
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2007

Posted 9/17/2007 12:56 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hello All,

I am Pearl Rider and I recently purhased a White 2006 Yamaha Star Roadliner, and it is by far my
best purchase. I am in the Columbus Ohio area. Glad to be on the forum and look forward to nice
chats and good information.

Redboy
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2007

Posted 9/19/2007 6:52 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hello I am James. I ride a CBR1000RR. I live in AZ, so riding season is starting for us.
Image Attachment :
Image Preview
07_cbr1000rr_static_4.jpg
  21KB (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 314 time(s).

Foxtail207
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2007

Posted 9/23/2007 5:47 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi,

I'm Foxtail207 (Randy) and live in Ft. Worth, TX.

After 37 years without a bike, I'm back in the saddle again.

I just joined this forum today. The forum looks interesting and I hope to learn from it.

I just bought a stock 2005 Suzuki Boulevard C50LE, 805cc, Red, with only 800 miles on it. (I need an owner's manual if anyone has one to sell)
I've just ordered a SwitchBlade windshield and some saddlebags to dress it up some, and should get them this week.
Image Attachment :
Image Preview
WC MAY 2007 004.jpg
  279KB (image/jpeg)
This image has been viewed 253 time(s).

KC Cheef
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2007
Total Posts : 241

Posted 9/27/2007 1:19 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hello to all.
Gilroy Indian Motorcycle Owner here.
I ride a 2003 Vintage Cheef Model.
I've had some problems--but with the help of one heck of a good mechanic--it is an awesome ride.

StRider
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2007

Posted 10/4/2007 12:50 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
hello, I'm new, from Australia.
Would love to come over to the US someday and ride, so I thought I'd find a forum and nosey around for local information.
Cheers,
StRider

Chaos
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2007
Total Posts : 1030

Posted 10/4/2007 1:52 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Welcome StRider.

FreeFall
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2007
Total Posts : 6

Posted 10/4/2007 3:31 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hello,
Newbie on the board as well as on the road. Grew up on dirt bikes and three wheelers, but that was 25+ years ago. Learning the ropes on my 2005 Super Glide and loving every minute. Waiting to get into a MSF class, but they are all booked up till spring. So I am taking it slow to say the least. I'm a big time outdoor gal with a passion for skydiving and class 5 rapids, so I guess owning my own scoot was inevitable. Have spent to much time on the back of a bike and not enough in the saddle.
I love reading all the great info and look forward to having a trusted place to ask the many questions I have jostling around this hard headed (but helmut clad) brain.

"You only live once, But if you do it right, once is enough".
 -Mae West-

chiroclark
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2007
Total Posts : 27

Posted 10/4/2007 5:35 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Wow, what a great place this is. I've learned so much after lurking for a few weeks. I'm Clark, live in Lancaster, PA. Got my permit last week, and signed up for the MSF in 2 weeks. I inherited a 1978 HD Low Rider 1200. It only has 4775 miles on it. Original rubber (which will be replaced when I get it inspected). I have a 9 mile commute to the office, and figured it would be more fun on a bike. Of course I'm picking the right time of year to start this.rolleyes

After reading the info here, I realized this may not be good as a starter bike, so I took my dad's 1975 Kawasaki 175 to the shop to get it running. Figured that is lighter, nimbler and easier to learn on. Plus, I'd rather drop that bike than the Harley. The odometer on the Kawasaki reads 202. That was my dad - buy something, never use it.

I also appreciated aogop's advice to use aluminum foil (dull side) to clean nasty looking chrome. The Low Rider needs lots of TLC. After it looks better, I'll try and share some pics with everyone.

V65
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2007

Posted 10/7/2007 5:54 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hello all! I am V65 , just bought my first Honda, V65 Sabre. I ride everyday, everywhere.

Zarcero
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2007
Total Posts : 19

Posted 10/8/2007 8:03 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Just bought a Honda CB250 Nighthawk. New owner, new member. Nice forum.

Z

khadji
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2007
Total Posts : 2

Posted 10/9/2007 8:32 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi, I'm John. I've been riding for 5 years (started on a Rebel, now ride an F4i). I work as a repair technician at a local dealership and I'm also a student working on a bunch of pre-reqs before applying to grad school.