Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > General Motorcycle Chat > NEW MEMBERS: Please sign in here.  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
636 posts in this thread.
Viewing Page :

[ | Show Newest Post First ]

cobraman
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jul 2007
Total Posts : 241

Posted 10/10/2007 7:54 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I am new to posting on the MC-usa boards. I read the boards for a few months before registering. I live in central/southern VA. I am NOT part of NOVA, but I am close, for those of you in VA. I just started riding towards the end of September, and my first bike is a 2000 buell lightning X1 that has been modified. It has the race ignition system (remaps the fuel system), more aggresive cams (not sure how aggresive since I cannot contact the owner that had the work done), race exhaust from buell, and a one of a kind look.

Chaos
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Aug 2007
Total Posts : 1030

Posted 10/10/2007 8:09 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
cobraman said...
I am new to posting on the MC-usa boards. I read the boards for a few months before registering. I live in central/southern VA. I am NOT part of NOVA, but I am close, for those of you in VA. I just started riding towards the end of September, and my first bike is a 2000 buell lightning X1 that has been modified. It has the race ignition system (remaps the fuel system), more aggresive cams (not sure how aggresive since I cannot contact the owner that had the work done), race exhaust from buell, and a one of a kind look.
Nice bike! Let me be the first to welcome you here.

DaveinOH
'06 Suzuki SV650

Date Joined Oct 2007
Total Posts : 47

Posted 10/11/2007 6:22 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi all, my name is Dave. I live in the Cincinnati area. I am a newbie, so no bike yet. I have a little experience from riding dirtbikes as a kid. I will be taking the Basic Rider Course here in OH.

lonecanoeist
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2007
Total Posts : 9

Posted 10/12/2007 11:35 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Just got back into the sport after having a bad accident 22 years ago. Picked up a Suzuki 500 back in March. So far over 9000 miles of driving in Chicago and i'm still going strong...

johnflane2
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2007
Total Posts : 2

Posted 10/14/2007 8:34 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Big John here....motorcycle friends.....

Started off riding a 1974 Suzuki RM80 as a kid

Graduated to a 1980 XL180 Honda

Then had a major hiatus from riding.....

Eventually coming back around, and came in with a bang!!!!!

Purchased a new 2005 Honda VTX 1800S.....

Then, since I live in Colorado and needed a little dual sport action....purchased a 2007 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom.

Back to lovin.....riding....

old_motorcycle_racer
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2007

Posted 10/15/2007 2:01 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
  Well I would like to say Hey to all you riders out there, My name is Joe and I am from Monaca, Pa.  I ride a 86 Suzuki Cavalcade (don't worry I'll ride with anyone) If you live around me give me a shout. My handle for the group is "old_motorcycle_racer"..
<link deleted.....Cadd.>

Joe, any rider is welcome here, but you don't get to advertize your products on the free forums.

Post Edited By Moderator (CaddmannQ) : 1/11/2008 3:41:34 PM GMT

mr. juice
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2007
Total Posts : 6

Posted 10/19/2007 1:20 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Hello everyone,

I am Chris, from Eindhoven, the Netherlands, Europe

I am driving a Yamaha XJ 900S Diversion as a hobby

Sometimes I join our Dutch Diversion club in a tour trough scenery Holland

http://www.ydcn.nl/

The reason that I join your message board is to learn from you.

In Holland, we have a lot of information about driving in Europe, best motor motels, etc

But there is not so many about driving on a motorcycle in the USA

I am planning to make a tour on the motorcycle from San Francisco to Chicago

Visiting some relatives on the way and enjoying you beautiful country

Chris

don't worry, be happy

Post Edited (dutchmen) : 11/17/2007 5:02:12 PM GMT

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
moter chris 1.JPG
  575KB (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 5345 time(s).

bxgy1
Registered Member

Date Joined Jul 2007
Total Posts : 15

Posted 10/20/2007 5:53 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi, my name is Rick and I live in GA. Today I bought an '07 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 FI. I traded an '07 Kawasaki 900 Classic and got a real good deal, I think. The seat on the new bike is really comfortable so far (only 100 miles on it). Maybe I should have waited for a 1600 but my dealer was out of stock. I really wanted a Nomad but the prices are quite a bit higher. My windshield for the 900 fit my 1500 great and dealer is going to give me saddlebag supports for my bags. If anyone has a 1500 Vulcan, I would appreciate their input on my decision. All reviews I've read for this bike have been good and they have been producing them for a number of years and making improvements along the way. I hope some 1500 owners will give me their opinions on this machine.

Only Bikers understand why dogs love to stick their heads out car windows.

Bronson
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2007
Total Posts : 6

Posted 10/20/2007 6:53 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Firstly let me say how wonderful your forum is. Secondly I’ll apologise in advanced for speaking and spelling differently to you guys; in time I hope to become fluent in American.

I have a dream, but I have waited so long that I had all most forgotten what it was, and then a friend brought his bike over, he quickly explained the hand grip twisted to advance the timing, the gear change was on the tank, and the clutch was operated by the left foot and the siren by the right.

Armed with this information I rode out my driveway into the heavy traffic and wondered if perhaps it would have been more sensible to have practiced somewhere quite first. After a while, I became comfortable and thought I see how tight a U turn I could do, to my surprise I soon found myself riding in the opposite direction on the footpath (sidewalk) instead of the road. Pedestrians were yelling obscenities at me so I thought some humour would be in order, and yelled back the classic line “if you don’t like the way I ride get off the Footpath”, I then hit the siren and quickly escaped.

My dream is to ride in the States for a few months and would appreciate any advice anyone would like to offer.

If you wait too long before taking that ultimate ride, all that happens is that you get older. 

RedDog
Retired SportBike Bum

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 13635

Posted 10/20/2007 7:30 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
If you need help with your dream, you may want to repost something of the above in 'General Motorcycle Chat'. Living out dreams is what many of us do, some do and some keep on dreaming ...

RedDog
Think Ahead! Travel Light & Leave Your Fears Behind You!
Normal People Scare me!

gatorg
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2007
Total Posts : 9

Posted 10/21/2007 4:54 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
hello my name is Pat married 3 kids 6 grandkids been riding since i can remember work at motorcycle shop you can find us at howlin custom cycle.com work on bikes not computers so im not real good at this machine hope you get this should be fun reading diff things here

WhiteKnite
Exploring Korea

Date Joined Sep 2007
Total Posts : 550

Posted 10/22/2007 11:01 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I'm 27 From Wisconsin but living in Korea beating on my wimpy little bike all over the country.  Married to a Korean woman and we have a baby on the way next spring. I've been lurking all summer but just registered recently, still lurking religiously.

2007 Daelim Daystar
     125cc's of raw power! 

Rob G
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2007
Total Posts : 4

Posted 10/22/2007 1:08 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
My first post...I'm Rob from Missouri City, TX. I started riding at 12 yrs old, a Honda 50 Cub, and rode for 20 years various sport bikes...Yamaha 750, Honda 750F, and my last bike was a Honda 500 Interceptor. It's been 20 yrs since my last bike. Now, at 55 yrs young, I've decided to get back into the sport. I'm purchasing a pristine 2004 Kawasaki Z1000, green, w/8200 miles on it and will pick it up this week. I WILL take the MSF course ASAP to relearn the needed riding skills.

This is a great site and I hope to learn alot here to enhance my riding experiences.

Nightrage
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2007
Total Posts : 67

Posted 10/27/2007 6:59 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Let me first say that this is one of if not the best Bike Forum out there, great people always willing to give good advice. Other than a few posts I'm new to this site but love everything I've seen thus far.

I'm Phil and just reciently move to Florida from Alaska. After riding ATVs all my life I've decided to give the two wheelers a shot. I just purchased a 2008 Suzuki Boulevard C50T the other day but am still waiting for my safety course class date before riding. My plan is to take it slow, learn the basics and enjoy riding for many many years.

2008 Suzuki Boulevard C50T
Cobra Highway Bars

beemerboy
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2007
Total Posts : 1

Posted Yesterday 12:58 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
new to this group. beemerboy from seattle- riding 40 yrs,all on 2 cylinders-Norton,Tri,H-D,then Ducs, then i got a k1200s in 2006. now ride a k12GT,as the s was bad for my neck and getting speeding tickets. Appears to be a nice forum, although not much about BMWs.am i missing something? ride solo, ride alot.  
Image Attachment :
Image Preview
K1200GT 002.JPG
  945KB (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 2135 time(s).
Image Attachment :
Image Preview
humor00180.jpg
  24KB (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 2913 time(s).

Robarre
Registered Member

Date Joined Nov 2007
Total Posts : 191

Posted 11/3/2007 3:14 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I'm Ron.......Got my first bike today. I live in Dallas, TX USA.

ayyydon
Registered Member

Date Joined Nov 2007

Posted 11/6/2007 8:50 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
heyy my name is Aidan you can call me ayyydon witch is pretty much the same thing,lol im 17 i dont have a bike yet i used to have dirtbikes but i want a real one now im starting a fund so if you would like to send me money just msg me lol =]

barry40
Registered Member

Date Joined Nov 2007
Total Posts : 1

Posted 11/13/2007 11:33 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I'm a new guy. Not to riding but, to here. I started out on a '71 Kawasaki 500 H1, progressed to the Kawasaki 1000 Z1R, '79 Kawasaki 1300 Touring and stopped riding in 1986. I just picked up a 07 Kawasaki 900 classic LT and loving it! Hav'nt had a lot of time to ride before the crappy NW winter sets in but, my GF and I have laid down a few miles. Looking forward to seeing whats up in the new world of biking. damn, theres a digital display on my tank................WTF!

HeathersWheels
Registered Member

Date Joined Nov 2007
Total Posts : 31

Posted 11/13/2007 6:19 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hello Motorcycle USA. Enjoy lurking through your forum so I decided to join. I have a Goldwing with a sidecar to carry my wheelchair. My fiance Steve built the sidecar so I could ride with him and I have been loving it ever since.

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
100_1031.jpg
  91KB (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 247 time(s).

Nexxus
Registered Member

Date Joined Nov 2007
Total Posts : 31

Posted 11/19/2007 11:27 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hello all, From Tulsa OK. Haven't purchased my 08 250 Ninja yet but have all the gear and ready for my safety course. Glad to be here and getting help. :)

jmart
Registered Member

Date Joined Nov 2007

Posted 11/24/2007 8:31 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
hello my name is jesse i'm anew rider is there any thing going on sunday in fontana

1600star
Registered Member

Date Joined Nov 2007
Total Posts : 7

Posted 11/26/2007 10:00 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Started riding with first bike of a kawasaki k5 100cc enduro at age 14 and have had numerous bikes since. Current ride is a 2003 1600 roadstar LE and I ride it as mush as I can here in Wyoming. It's winter now and looking forward to warmer weather already and the cold has just begun.

http://www.custommetricmotorcycle.com

Okiecop
Registered Member

Date Joined Nov 2007
Total Posts : 7

Posted 11/28/2007 8:41 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi all. I am from Oklahoma (if you couldn't tell by the name). I was a motorcycle mechanic (metric and american) for several years (78-86). I then became a police officer and did not ride again until 2005. I bought a Honda 750 Aero....good bike, but I needed MORE power. I found my Mean Streak (06), traded for it and 15,000 miles later, I am again enjoying the sport/hobby/therapy of motorcycling. I just completed Caddman's air mod on mine and....wow! What a difference it makes when the 1600 starts to breath. I recently became a MSF RiderCoach. It should be a lot of fun.

Anyway, take care all and ride safe! Thanks for a great site!

jhonny bravo
Registered Member

Date Joined Nov 2007

Posted 11/29/2007 3:34 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi everybody.
I am Bravo from Poland. I live in France since 2005 and I ride an old BMW flat twin.
That's my 11th BMW (all broken rolleyes )

BobHender
Registered Member

Date Joined Nov 2007
Total Posts : 22

Posted 11/30/2007 12:27 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hello All, I'm Bob from southern New Hampshire. I am a "retread" , had a few bikes in the 60s, took a 37 year break, and after retiring from high school teaching, bought a 2003 Kawasaki Vulcan Classic 800. My wife and I love cruising around New England.
             This is a great board.