Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > General Motorcycle Chat > NEW MEMBERS: Please sign in here.  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
636 posts in this thread.
Viewing Page :

[ | Show Newest Post First ]

dakals
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Nov 2007
Total Posts : 7

Posted 12/1/2007 3:05 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hello from Wisconsin.

Stanky Dawg
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Nov 2007
Total Posts : 3

Posted 12/5/2007 1:48 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hey you all from California, My name is Nick and I have 3 Hondas that I ride 52 weeks out of the year. I heard about this board from a Harley friend of mine and have been lurking around for awhile getting the lay of the land and you don't seem any crazier from the other boards that I am a member of. This board has a feel about it like an old flannel shirt that makes you feel relaxed once you put it on. I'm looking forward to the journey of starting my posting here and getting to know you all.

Robarre
Registered Member

Date Joined Nov 2007
Total Posts : 191

Posted 12/6/2007 11:23 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I'm Ron a new rider here in Texas......just took the MSF basic course and here is a picture of my first bike....Ninja 500R
Image Attachment :
Image Preview
PICT0003.JPG
  1.10Mb (image/jpeg)
This image has been viewed 232 time(s).

Ognord
Registered Member

Date Joined Dec 2007
Total Posts : 171

Posted 12/6/2007 11:34 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
  • OK Just saw this directive!

I'm a git that lives in scotland.   I love toilet humour.   I'm a Lecturer in Mechanical Engineering.   The best bit being I have a rolling-road at my disposal!   I have been on bikes since 1978, with a couple of breaks cause of money.   I'd like to think I'm Irish from my forefathers.  I HATE Namby-Pamby!   Best Bike I've had is a Laverda Jota.   Closely followed by a Blackbird.   I've been with the same Gal for 27 years.

madfun
Registered Member

Date Joined Dec 2007
Total Posts : 11

Posted 12/13/2007 9:19 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Hello all!

Outside my window right now it's nothing but freezing rain and snow. Perfect time to plan the motorcycle season of 2008!

First off, I gotta have a bike right? Since I sold my Heritage back in 2003, I have been bikeless. I really missed those early morning rides that ended up nowhere in particular. So of course I found my way back to the Harley dealer, and put down some cash on a new Road King Classic.

In about 45 minutes from now, I am going to finalize the deal! Hopefully by next week I'll have her sitting in my garage just lookin sexy!:p

I feel like a kid at Christmas!!  hey wait!!  Merry Christmas to me!!!

"That's what I thought I thought... but was afraid to think it!"

luckyguy19
Registered Member

Date Joined Dec 2007
Total Posts : 13

Posted 12/28/2007 9:09 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hello

I'm 28 and have been riding for 10 years.  My first bike was a 1200 sportster.  I've now moved on to Dirt Bikes and Sportbikes.  I sold my GSX-R1000 over the summer to just ride dirt.  Not having a street bike didn't last long, I am now on a 2008 1098 to go along with my 07 YZ250f.  I've been dirt riding for about a year now. I am an avid trackday rider and go as many times a season as I can, and did some road racing a couple of years ago.  I got my 3 year old daughter and my wife into riding this past year as well.  Here's some pictures of the bikes. 

Ducati 1098
Yamaha YZ250f

Ducati 695 (wifes)
Yamaha TT-R 50 (Daughters)

Post Edited (luckyguy19) : 12/28/2007 4:20:20 PM GMT

Coolbreeze23
Registered Member

Date Joined Jan 2008
Total Posts : 32

Posted 1/6/2008 6:30 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hey you all. I'll represent Michigan, though I am temporarily staying in Tennessee. It's been an adjustment living in a place that hardly gets any snow. But atleast I can ride, something you just can't do in Michigan past November.

Paratrooperwife
Registered Member

Date Joined Jan 2008
Total Posts : 21

Posted 1/6/2008 6:35 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Hi,

I'm Debbie from Middle River, Maryland. I have been riding since 1996 thanks to an ex-fiance', but I haven't been riding continuously. After hitting the 40-year old age mark, I decided to get back on the bike and to get one of my own. I am totally obsessed with finally getting my own bike...I think about it throughout the workday, at home, and even dream about it. I wanted a HD Sporty, and actually had a good deal but let it go in Fall-07. Now I am unable to negotiate the same good deal in Jan-08, so I am getting discouraged, and have decided to look into getting a Rebel, Ninja, or something comparable with a 250. Just something small and reliable to get me on the road, and if I need to move up I'll do so later.

My hubby and teenager don't understand my "drive" to get a bike, but since they don't ride they wouldn't. I figure, in my 40's, it's now or never!

Past rides include a Honda Rebel, Honda CBR600 (in my pic) and a Buell Blast, none of which were mine.

I may have a total of 100 miles in my lifetime, so far...that will change shortly yeah

I am so glad that I found this site - finally, people to share and exchange info with!

Debbie

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
myspace-layouts-funnycomments41.gif
  36KB (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 362 time(s).

MisterPaul
Registered Member

Date Joined Jan 2008

Posted 1/8/2008 2:40 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Just a quick intro.

I live in SW Missouri. I grew up riding on the back of my dad's honda 350 in the 70's, but my first bike was a hondamatic that we ran up and down the alley behind the house until the brake cable busted. Since then, I've owned a cb750, a Yamaha 300 mutt bike and an '85 Kawasaki 750 CSR. After a 3 year break from cycling, I just bought an '01 Suzuki Intruder vs800.

The wife hates the idea of me smearing myself across the pavement, so I feel very lucky to be riding at all. She's a radiology tech, so she's seen some nasty crashes. That seems to have tainted her view of biking, because she didn't mind it before her career change.

I've got a couple of kids, no pets, and a normal job. I plan to use my bike as a commuter and that's about it. Look forward to many posts here.

flatfoot121
Registered Member

Date Joined Jan 2008
Total Posts : 2

Posted 1/17/2008 9:34 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi I'm Andy. I ride a chopped HD. The reason for jpining this forum is that I am looking for some old comrades that used to ride with The Wanderers in Bucks County Pa back in the late 60's. I am looking for a picture of our colors. Anyone out there from the Wanderers or the Originals give me a shout!!! flatfoot121@verizon.net

Post Edited (flatfoot121) : 1/18/2008 4:41:09 AM GMT

flatfoot121
Registered Member

Date Joined Jan 2008

Posted 1/17/2008 9:39 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
This is Andy again i forgot to list my email -flatfoot121@verizon.net- thanks again

dano8
Registered Member

Date Joined Jan 2008

Posted 1/20/2008 12:32 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi,
I am dano8 and new to your forum. I do have a vintage Triumph also, but I just found your site and wondered if anyone is familiar with vintage prices. I want to sell my 1969 Yamaha 125 Enduro, but simply do not know what to ask for it? Appreciate any and all replies. Here's my email address vredce@bellsouth.net

wayne king
Registered Member

Date Joined Jan 2008
Total Posts : 14

Posted 1/20/2008 4:20 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
My name is wayne and i live and ride in northren arkansas,
 i ride a 2007 vstar 1100 silverado

AMERICA THE HOME OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

wolfen
Registered Member

Date Joined Jan 2008
Total Posts : 1

Posted 1/25/2008 8:59 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi i,m new and just wanted to say Hi and thanks for letting me join .

wolfen

jclax01
The world is ruled by Damned Dirty Apes

Date Joined Jan 2008
Total Posts : 5244

Posted 1/30/2008 9:35 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
new to the boards and relativly new to riding. From St. Louis, Mo.

creambabyan
Registered Member

Date Joined Feb 2008

Posted 2/5/2008 1:52 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
l like the site

networkalias
Registered Member

Date Joined Jan 2008

Posted 2/9/2008 8:30 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Bought a 99 Shadow for 2200 dollars last month.  I like learning about maintenance and accessories.

To The
Registered Member

Date Joined Feb 2008
Total Posts : 454

Posted 2/24/2008 11:39 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
New rider....just bought my first bike...trying to learn to ride it safety....Took the MSF course and just finished "Proficient Motorcycling".  Looking for more suggestions.  

RedDog
Retired SportBike Bum

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 13635

Posted 2/24/2008 11:52 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
That's a great start. Now go ride carefully on not too trafficated roads. If you have a goos trustable experienced rider around, ask him if he would lead you and show you the line. Nothing beast following an old dog that care, talks about your riding, and then some.

RedDog
Think Ahead! Travel Light & Leave Your Fears Behind You!
Normal People Scare me!

To The
Registered Member

Date Joined Feb 2008
Total Posts : 454

Posted 2/24/2008 2:00 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Thanks....I even had someone drive it home from the dealer for me.....I'm still in the church parking lot riding the MSF courses....I probably bought a bike that's too much for a beginner(V Star 1300), but we'll see what happens!!  I've ridden a Star 1100 a little bit and seemed to handle it OK....But right now it's the church parking lot for me!!!  Not too far to go for a funeral.....

GIXERBOI_07
Registered Member

Date Joined Feb 2008
Total Posts : 4

Posted 2/26/2008 9:09 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hello, my name is Rick.  I live in Santa Barbara county.  My first bike was a CBR600RR...had that for a year and traded it in for a new o6 Gixer liter bike.  I have been riding for almost two years now and loving every minute of it. 

GIXERBOI_07

C Pope
Registered Member

Date Joined Feb 2008
Total Posts : 8

Posted 2/29/2008 2:11 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Charlie Pope here, all the way from West Central Florida. I might have been a member here before but being 60 I might have forgotten.
Been riding since I was 6 on a mini-bike. Ride a Electric Glide Classic and a Yellow V-Strom.

Get down to Florida, look us up for a ride somewhere.

Triumph Guy
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2008
Total Posts : 1926

Posted 3/4/2008 5:41 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hey, Dave from Salt Lake City.......getting real tired of snow.

kixon66
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2008
Total Posts : 3

Posted 3/5/2008 8:42 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Lee from Amarillo, TX. Rider since June, '06 on an '02 Yamaha V-Star Silverado.

cool "Won't you get hip to this timely tip...Get your kicks on Route 66" cool

RoadQueen
Registered Member

Date Joined Feb 2008

Posted 3/6/2008 8:41 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Greetings from Central Texas. I started riding on an old '73 CB 350 about 26 yrs ago, now ride Suzuki DL650 and Harley Road Glide. Have had various styles of bikes from sport, sport touring, standards to cruisers. I love them all !!  My favorite(s) for the past three years are the two I ride.. I could change my mind though..  What ever you may ride, be safe and enjoy.

Home of the Free because of the Brave!