Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > General Motorcycle Chat > NEW MEMBERS: Please sign in here.  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
636 posts in this thread.
Viewing Page :

[ | Show Newest Post First ]

gorillarider
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Mar 2008
Total Posts : 9

Posted 3/14/2008 8:25 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hello...Name is Carl...AKA: Gorillarider...Live in Amarillo, TX. Getting ready to get myself a brand new 2008 Honda CBR 1000RR.

GreatScot
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Mar 2008
Total Posts : 2

Posted 3/15/2008 7:02 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
My name is Scot and I have been riding for 35 years. I presently ride a 2001 Honda Goldwing. I love to tour and have a motorcycle touring website. I invite everyone to visit and share their stories there also

www.motorcyclingamerica.com

www.motorcyclingamerica.com

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
bikeofthemonth.jpg
  9KB (image/jpeg)
This image has been viewed 246 time(s).

JEdwards
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2008
Total Posts : 7

Posted 3/17/2008 6:14 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
My name is Val and I am in the process of getting my first bike. I correspond to another motorcyle blog calle 'All Things Motorcycle'. Deals alot with safety and technique. Highly recommended.

If you want to be immortal, be a teacher - Aristotle.

GAJ
Registered Member

Date Joined Jul 2007
Total Posts : 6845

Posted 3/17/2008 6:53 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Welcome to one and all.

I'm not sure I ever signed in but I'm not sure I need to anymore; my BS is reasonably well known.

But to you new folks, be prepared to take a little ribbing, and give a little too.

Consider this my official sign in.

Dstrickland
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2008

Posted 3/22/2008 12:32 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hello, live in south west florida where the riding during the winter is great but the roads are too flat and too straight. Have second home in the mountains of North Carolina and love to ride there in the summer and fall. Rides I've done that involve any distance is Naples to Tallahassee. 300 mile days in the NC mountains, Tennessee, South Carolina and North Georgia. Been riding street bikes for the last 7 years. Ride a 2001 Triumph Thunderbird with the 885cc triple. Great bike for what I ride it for. Started on Suzuki dirt bikes way back when I was a kid. Have three bikes that the wife and daughter ride with me on occasion. They are a 650 Yamaha V-star and a Kawasaki Ninja 250R. Have pics of my stable in "my garage" under Dstrickland.

jestersma
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2008
Total Posts : 1

Posted 3/22/2008 3:29 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi everyone. I'm taking the MSF class in June and hope to be riding soon after!

FastOldMan
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2008

Posted 3/24/2008 7:14 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hey all! I just joined last week. This is my second post. I "registered my ride" last week. (a 10 year old beemer)
I live in a tiny rural town in West Virginia called Market. Until recently it wasn't even on the map. My county is
Doddridge Co. Population 6000 +/-.

Commuting makes up the majority of my riding. (62 miles one direction) As a result of so much saddle time during
the week. I do very little riding on weekends. This may change soon, because I'm planing to add a pure sports bike to
my stable. (Buell or Duc, I haven't decided yet)

m.jdegeiso
Judy & Mike

Date Joined Mar 2008

Posted 3/27/2008 11:13 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi everyone,

We're new to the forum and just wanted to say hello. We ride a Honda Goldwing and belong to GWRRA in Delaware. We enjoy touring and getting out with others. Hope to post more soon.

Mike & Judy

2001 Honda Gold Wing 1800 Pearl Blue over 80,000 miles so far

m.jdegeiso
Judy & Mike

Date Joined Mar 2008

Posted 3/28/2008 6:06 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi Greatscot,
 I just wanted to say that your website looks great. Isn't wonderful we can build a website on somethine we have a passion for? Where can you get so many people from all walks of life together with only one or more interests?

Mike & Judy

2001 Honda Gold Wing 1800 Pearl Blue over 80,000 miles so far

comeonSTART
Rider of old stuff

Date Joined Mar 2008
Total Posts : 12

Posted 3/29/2008 1:26 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi folks. Matt aka comeonSTART. I ride a wonderful old 1977 GL1000 - greatest bike in the world. I live in southwest NH and work as a mechanic. Nice to meet you folks.

Cowgirl
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2008
Total Posts : 35

Posted 3/31/2008 2:12 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi! I’m Cowgirl (Barb) from Western Pennsylvania, a newbie with the MSF BRC and 9 months/4,000 miles under my belt. Only one past ride: 2005 Piaggio BV200 which I decided was too tall for me about 2,000 miles into the relationship. Enter a brand new 07 Burgy on e-Bay and a great review on MC-USA and here we are. I am so in love with that scooter it’s a bad influence sometimes! I still have the Piaggio and am thinking of trading it in on a cruiser just for variety and to have a shifting bike. Also planning to take the MSF ERC in the spring or summer. This seems like a very fun and informative forum, so I will try not to be a stranger.

Goldwing Jack
Registered Member

Date Joined Apr 2008

Posted 4/10/2008 9:35 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Greetings From Sunny Southern Calif---Im Jack and I ride the best motorcycle in the world --the Honda Goldwing 1800. I have been riding since 1966 and have owned a Honda Goldwing every day since Dec 1975--thats 12 Goldwings and Ihave never had one min. of problems from them in all those years of riding. I am now building a modified 1500 to run at Bonnieville in 09 (twin turbo, nitrous injected )

raiderryder
Registered Member

Date Joined Apr 2008
Total Posts : 3

Posted 4/11/2008 9:21 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hello from Western Pa. Name is Chuck I have been riding for 30 plus years
I have a 2003 Xl883c and 2 days a ago I picked up a 2008 Star Raider.

06whitetaco
Registered Member

Date Joined Apr 2008
Total Posts : 19

Posted 4/15/2008 8:20 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

hey everyone,

justwanted to introduce myself. i have been lurking on the site on and off now for about a year or so. i have been riding some sort of motorcycle for about 15 yrs now. i started with a little cr 60. many years  later i got my first street bike (89 cbr 600) had it for a year. traded it in for a 2001 cbr 929. had that for about 2 yrs and totaled it taking a corner to fast. 1 yr and 2 broken legs later got an 2003 r1, totaled that also doing stupid stuff (ie wheelies and stunts.) its been 3 yrs since i had a street bike, and i could not hold out anymore eventhough i have been riding my quad (2005 raptor 660). i finally convinced and comprimsed with the wife and got the o.k. to get another street bike. this is what i picked up yesterday from a local dealer. 2007 gsxr 750.   i got it for 9450.00 otd after a lot of comp shopping. anyways i look foward to chatting with every one.

D-RI96
WR250R

Date Joined Apr 2008
Total Posts : 15

Posted 4/18/2008 8:11 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hey Everyone, I'm Dave (D-Ri96) from KS. Typically I ride dirt and started with a YZ80 at an early age, then to a YZ125 and YZ250......but that was many moons ago. Never really was brave enough to ride street bikes but my cheap side came out with the gas increases and I just bought a WR250R to commute to work and play around on. (Wow, didn't realize that all I have ever owned are Yamaha's until writing this post......I learn more about myself everyday!!)

This world is either too crazy for me or I am too normal for it!

roughfarmgirl
COWGIRL

Date Joined Apr 2008
Total Posts : 8

Posted 4/18/2008 4:46 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
     cry HELLO, EVERYONE..IM ROUGHFARMGIRL...YEA , IM A FARM GIRL..LOL..IM  IN N.C....JUST TOTALED MY HARLEY 8 MONTHS AGO...BUT  HAD  BEEN RIDING EVERYDAY FOR YEARS, JUST GOES TO SHOW YA...ACCIDENTS ARE WAITING... LIFE IS TOUGH WITHOUT MY RIDE..I MISS IT ALMOST MORE THAN LIFE...DANG, DANG, DANG.    RIDE SAFE

freespirt
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2008
Total Posts : 24

Posted 4/20/2008 4:43 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
scool My name is Mike And this is my new ride!!!

If it's not broke, Don't fix it!!!!!!

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
Aero_large_04.jpg
  52KB (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 287 time(s).

Mike D.
Registered Member

Date Joined Jan 2008
Total Posts : 9

Posted 4/22/2008 7:17 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Hi,

Mike and Judy here. We've been touring for about 7 years now. Love riding as much as we can. We own a blue Honda GL1800. Oh did I mention that Chad has a GREAT FORUM!!!!

Mike D

All4Blakey
Registered Member

Date Joined Apr 2008
Total Posts : 347

Posted 4/24/2008 10:16 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hello All,

I'm totally new to motorcycles. I had never even ridden one until this past Monday (rode 2 up with a friend).

I'm taking the MSF in a week and will then decide what bike to get for commuting (in sunny Southern California). At the moment I'm thinking Rebel or VLX.

Kmann
Registered Member

Date Joined Apr 2008
Total Posts : 16

Posted 4/28/2008 9:31 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hello all I'm following directions bye posting this. Dont want to upset anyone LOL. Ok I'm 48 live in Monroe, NJ for the last 7 months just moved to a retierment community with my, [don't tell anyone my wife is 60] anyhow so I make a little noise around here. Have been rding on and off for 42 years I started when I was 6 with a Rupp then moved on to Honda SL70,Hodaka Ace 100, Yamaha DT250D, RT 1 360, suzi RM250,CB650 GL1500 and HD FXDWG my current ride. I ride solo and I will be joining the American Legion Riders next week, Im not one for clubs but being with a group helps with the saftey factor. I was a road Captain for a prvious club the East Coast Riders a Gold wing group. I came upon this site by accident but very glad I did It's wonderful a a great help to the motorcycling community. Keep up the good work folks at MCUSA.com

Kmann

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
Harley1_1.JPG
  75KB (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 255 time(s).

~Crazy B~
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2008

Posted 5/12/2008 2:44 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Im ~Crazy B~ from NC and have only been riding about three weeks. I have a 800 Intruder. This is me on my bike.

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
IMG_3358s.jpg
  264KB (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 246 time(s).

WFO
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2008
Total Posts : 28

Posted 5/16/2008 6:40 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hello my name is derek i have been wanting to get an older CB for some time now so i sold my trials bike and scored a 1982 CB650 SC NightHawk (one owner) in fantastic condition iam hoping some of you folks can help me out with some questions i might have while i bring this bike up to my standards.

bikecrazy
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2008
Total Posts : 4

Posted 5/17/2008 2:20 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Got my ride recently.What a fantastic bike!!!!
  2008 Suzuki Boulevard M50. Just added a sissy bar.
Image Attachment :
Image Preview
M50K8_GrayYellow_fed800.jpg
  25KB (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 256 time(s).

rjorg98
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2008

Posted 5/27/2008 8:41 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I am originally from Ohio and now live in FL. I ride a 1998 Honda Aero that is orange and white with a matching pull behind trailer. You can call me RJ or you can call me ToDinner.

ChrisVTX1300S
2003 VTX1300S

Date Joined May 2008
Total Posts : 534

Posted 5/27/2008 11:59 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hey there,
Just stumbled across your site and decided to sign up. I'm a regular on the VTXOA.com boards. I ride a 2003 Honda VTX 1300S. It's my second bike, the first being a 1998 Suzuki Intruder 800. I've ridden Honda dirt bikes all my life and man, it feels good to be back on a Honda!!

Chris

03 VTX1300S - Orange, V&H Big Shots, Darkside
http://www.cmphotoworks.com