Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > General Motorcycle Chat > NEW MEMBERS: Please sign in here.  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
636 posts in this thread.
Viewing Page :

[ | Show Newest Post First ]

Beep Beep
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined May 2008
Total Posts : 2

Posted 5/31/2008 9:24 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi my name is Michael. I Live in Mississippi. I ride a suzuki C50. This is my first bike in about 8 years. Stopped riding because of children . Now I ride again everyday. Been married for 13 years and have 2 boys one is 8 and the other thinks he is 14 but he is only 4.

ronnie,s m109
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2008
Total Posts : 1

Posted 6/3/2008 7:06 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
skull hi im ronnies 109 and i just got a 2007 m109r and i just love it, i live in louisiana  and  burning the roads up lol

usmcmom
Registered Member

Date Joined Jun 2008
Total Posts : 21

Posted 6/6/2008 12:57 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi; I'm Leslie from Arkansas. I have a 2006 VSTAR 650. I took the Rider's Edge course at the Pig Trail HD store last year and am enjoying the roads around here and Oklahoma so far.

chichi
Registered Member

Date Joined Jun 2008

Posted 6/12/2008 3:33 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi, I'm Chichi and just joined this forum which I happen to come across by accident. I'm riding now 8 years on a 450 Honda rebel. I live in Daytona Beach though I grew up in the Bronx. Love it here( Daytona Beach) I get to ride all year long and just love it. I'm ready to sell this rebel of mine and purchase a 650 V-Star. Can I get some feedback on this choice of mine.

This looks like a really nice forum to me and I have enjoyed the readings. Be easy on me as I do not belong to any other groups and not sure what to expect. Thanks you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joe Good 113
Registered Member

Date Joined Jun 2008

Posted 6/14/2008 3:00 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
KF said...
Greetings to everyone, I'm Kevin from New Rochelle, New York. I'm a die-hard commuter, traveling from the surburbs to the Bronx in NYC. I'm riding a 2004 Kawasaki Eliminator, which just turned 6k miles on the od. I took the BRC three years ago and have over 12k miles of commuting in rush hour traffic. I look forward to being an active member, thanks for having me.

My husband will be commuting from PA to NY regularly, can you tell me what would be the best motorcycle for him, best
engine? Thanks :p

Mole
Registered Member

Date Joined Jun 2008
Total Posts : 20

Posted 6/16/2008 2:59 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
What's up? boys ,girls,men women,children...My name is Mike,but I go by Mole..I never left the bike scene ,so to speak, ..Been doing the mx stuff only for the last 6 or so years..Now I'm getting the itch for another sportbike...I'm 41 going on 18..(Aren't we all) came across this site,been lurking and now I'll contribute...hop I'm in Putnam county New york..So if anyones out there and looking for someone to ride with let me know..My kids caused me to park my street life for a while..Now I'm  getting back into it and looking to buy the new Triumph Daytona 675.. can't wait .O.K bye for now..roll

Lavi27
Registered Member

Date Joined Jun 2008
Total Posts : 4

Posted 6/16/2008 3:44 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
    Hi guys i'm from Ottawa Canada, and i just bought my first bike. I'm 40 yrs old and i bought a Yamaha 750 maxime midnight 1983. I ended up getting 2 bikes(one for parts) for $1300.00. One bike runs good, but i've been fixing it up. I've worked on cars alot but never bikes, so i'll have some questions for you people for sure!!!!  

Fieldsj007
Registered Member

Date Joined Jun 2008
Total Posts : 19

Posted 6/18/2008 2:47 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi, getting back in to cycling, not a current owner, searching for a 2008 CBR600RR.  Central Florida Location.

Randy ZRX
Registered Member

Date Joined Jun 2008
Total Posts : 6

Posted 6/19/2008 5:14 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Looks like ther hasn,t been a posting in a long time.So since i.m new here goes. Been riding since 18. Always rode 2 stokes.Kawa KE,s RD 350s and my favorite 1977 RDs> Yamaha DTs and Death bikes, all kawa triples.25 years later I,m riding a ZXR 1200. I never thought i,d own a 4 stoke but I like the 80,s super bike look. Fun to ride and You don,t see many on the road.Like to see more posting. Randy, Minnesota

y2khonorsgrad
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2008
Total Posts : 15

Posted 6/19/2008 8:30 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi one and all
y2khonorsgrad here! Trouble getting my iPhone to type all this so short and sweet. Been on two other forum about y type bike; a Triumph Rocket III, read the whole story in Newbies " I bought a Triumph Rocket III for my first bike in 30 years". I failed to notice thread first. I'm 53, married 31 years (she decided to try riding last year against her nature), and we live in the Texarkana, Texas area. Looking for other riders within, say 100 or so for impromtu or planned rides.
I have enjoyed this forum so for.

NightSpirit67
Registered Member

Date Joined Jun 2008
Total Posts : 11

Posted 6/21/2008 12:27 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hey Ya'll, Im LadyGrey from Chicago.

I've got my M class 3 years now & STILL haven't gotten to ride alone :{ 
The B/F has a Shadow Saber 1100cc & his just don't feel "right" when I get on to move it.
It's like the tank is making it somehow off centered for me & I m not comfortable, ya know what I mean?
So, we have been looking for my little iron horse (pony, something smaller) because he wants me next
to him not behind him (ain't that sweet) Trust me after Taco Night I don't wanna be back there! LOL!

I have a teen, the B/F & a beta fish.

I have a project bike, well, 2 of them. One is an 81 Suzuki 450L a friend gave it to me.
I have no clue whats wrong with it,  which is why I think I'm just gonna sell "as is" for a few c's.
I have no patience to fix it & I know it's gonna take a lot for somebody that doesn't know
much in way of bike mechanics to get it to ride-able I've got the title, keys, & side covers
for it & it really doesn't look that bad (body wise) for it's age.

The lifetime project, is a 1970 350cc Sprint that's been stored (badly)
so it's going to be my "extended project" that I'm gonna take the here & there time to rebuild & restore.
It's first real bike (not a 75cc dirt) I ever rode, LOL! at least for the first 14 feet til I hit the side of the pool,
OOPS! my brother didn't explain the braking part to well, after him, my other brother & my parents stopped
laughing they asked if I was ok & said "Well, at least you didn't land IN the pool"

Anybody up near Jefferson Park El Station in Chicago or Harlem & Irving Mall, Norridge give us a holler. :}

Live & Learn! Thats why I went out & took the "MRC" best thing I ever did!(next to having my son)
It was educational & fun! & my life is well worth the $20 I paid for the course.

Ride Safe & Live Long!
Terrorize your children, LOL!

1911 guy
Registered Member

Date Joined Jun 2008
Total Posts : 3

Posted 6/26/2008 5:07 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Hi, all.

My name's Chris, I live in Ohio, am married and the wife and I have a son who's almost four.  Had an "89 Virago when I was stationed in San Diego, but sold it and my truck when I got orders to Va. Beach.  That was well over ten years ago and I haven't had a bike since.  Looking to re-learn. 

kittyn
Registered Member

Date Joined Jun 2008
Total Posts : 9

Posted 6/29/2008 8:50 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
i'm Kittyn and i'm a newbie all the way around the motorcycle scene. Had a questio, came to a great place to get that answer, i'm sure i'll have more questions over time especially when I finally get my first bike. Great to be here and hope to make some awsome friends. soon i'll be squealing pavement with ya!!!

~Kittyn~

RangerPat
Registered Member

Date Joined Jul 2008

Posted 7/2/2008 9:11 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I'm Pat, I'm currently over here in Iraq. My wife just went out the other day and bought me a brand new 07 Honda Shadow Spirit 1100! I should be coming home in late September to San Antonio to finally get to ride. I haven't ridden in almost 4 years now so I'll be starting all over. I can't wait to get out on the road when I get back!

chris 750
Registered Member

Date Joined Jul 2008
Total Posts : 9

Posted 7/2/2008 10:21 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hey I’m Chris (NE Ohio) I’ve been riding since almost 9 years had coupe of cbr’s 900 and zx9. Decided to slow down a bit , and recently purchased 97 Kaw Vulcan 750.

Puckogre
Registered Member

Date Joined Jul 2008
Total Posts : 4

Posted 7/12/2008 11:59 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hey, I'm Kyle from south east Connecticut.  Finally back on a bike after 16 years.  Picked up an '85 Honda Shadow VT1100C that I'm in the process of restoring, etc.  Glad I stumbled upon the site - think I'll be trying to pick brains often as I get back into working *cough* playing *cough* with my bike.  Pics of my bike at my first event - 10th annual Reason to Ride ( http://areasontoride.org/ ).  The banner pic is about 1/3 the bikes that ran that day.  Was awesome.

'85 Shadow VT1100C

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
ReasonToRide_01.jpg
  121KB (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 202 time(s).
Image Attachment :
Image Preview
ReasonToRide_02.jpg
  205KB (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 222 time(s).

Trailblazer
Registered Member

Date Joined Apr 2007
Total Posts : 19

Posted 7/14/2008 2:23 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

I'm sorry I didn't look through all the pages before posting my intro in the newbie section.

I've been riding for about 11 days now. I finished the MSF course on the 3rd. I am in the US Air Force, stationed in Okinawa Japan. I purchased a Honda VFR 400. I was born and raised in Columbus, Ohio. I have learned alot from reading the forums here and look forward to chatting with you all more.

003.jpg picture by Mom23_album

colder
Registered Member

Date Joined Jul 2008
Total Posts : 963

Posted 7/23/2008 2:16 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
My name's Mark, I live near Kansas City. I have a 2002 Suzuki SV650S.

I recently went back to school and didn't have much time to ride, so the bike sat for about a year and a half. I'm waiting for the battery to come via UPS before I can do whatever else it takes to get it purring again.

I am considering an upgrade (now that I have some money!) to a Buell Lightning CityX. We'll see what happens.

goodies
Registered Member

Date Joined Jul 2008
Total Posts : 97

Posted 7/25/2008 12:52 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Brand new here today. Actually I have been here ALL day, just soaking it all in. I just purchased a 2003 Shadow VT600. My stepping stone to a Sportster. My first bike in a very long time and will be attending the MSF in September. I just received my permit about a week ago. I am soooo ready to back into it. This seems like just a great place, ya'll should just get used to me, I will probably be here awhile. ;-)

tnsfan
Registered Member

Date Joined Jul 2008
Total Posts : 3

Posted 7/29/2008 7:59 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

My name is Liliana and im from los angeles. I just bought a v star 250, and I cant touch it until I take the msf course and get my license. I'm totally looking forward to riding!

Ottomatic
Omnipotent Master of Space and Time

Date Joined Aug 2008
Total Posts : 17

Posted 8/4/2008 12:20 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
My name is Burt, I am 54 yrs old, and i prefer Old, Naked, Standards to new bikes, as you can see.

I am a retired computer programmer, software tester, and former UNIX admin.

I read SF frequently and other crud as time permits.

I am mostly recovered from a series of 4 strokes about 4 years ago. Basically, I am a much less accurate typist (lost some dexterity) and I lost a good part of the vocabulary to talk about computers, hence the RETIRED before the list of computer jobs.
Some times I will lose the word I WANT to use, and will find it again days later. Also I tend to get lost, when riding/Driving, seems I took a hit on the map-making skills (It affects more than you'd think). And that is indeed a serious skill for a computer programmer. (I was seriously visual oriented, and now have lost the ability to creat a mental image of the parts and snippedts of code a programmer uses frequently.) Its frustrating, at times. Some times I just give up any hope of full recovery. (I'm not doing too bad, all things considered.) I have to watch my wife as she frequently rearranges things into what she believes is a more esthetic arrangment, and to me is merely confusing.

Underdog
Registered Member

Date Joined Jul 2008

Posted 8/23/2008 3:22 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hello folks, my name is Wendell.  After a few weeks of sitting back and enjoying the site I thought that I should introduce myself.  I am 51 years old and have been riding motorcycles since I was 15.  Its' only been the last 5 years that I have not had a bike to enjoy so I am in the process of selling my beloved second generation Trans Am (Wife hates the car) and will replace it with a bike of my liking.  Except for the first two bikes, '73 Honda 750/4 and '73 Kawazaki Z1 900, all bikes have been sports bikes.  While stationed out in California in the early 1980's, I attended the Keith Code SuperBike School at Riverside Raceway so as to be able to raod race.  Raced at Willow Springs in Box Stock and Club Racing along with the occassional WERA race with the local Kaw shop in town.  (God how I loved dragging a knee)  Since I am a tad older now, I plan to not only check out the one litre and above sport bikes but also the sport touring offerings.  We'll see and I'll keep you posted when the time comes.  Very much enjoy this site, great info, excellent write-ups, and a ton of knowledgeable people.

Todd from Ct
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2008
Total Posts : 8

Posted 8/25/2008 2:14 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Greeting Gang, this is my first trip to this forum.  I ride a R1150RT currently.  I am an Iron But member and so my ride reflects my aspirations.  I came here after receiving my included copy of MotoUSA magazine in my new Tank Bag order from the Motorcycle Super store.com.  I saw the web site and thought I'd visit. I'm looking forward to keyboarding and reading what each of you has to say. 

Thanks for the opportunity,

Todd from CT

Mirror Mask
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2008
Total Posts : 104

Posted 8/27/2008 11:27 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hello I'm new to this forum and riding. I'm out of Dallas, Texas and have a 2008 VN900 Classic. I'm 50 years young and love riding. I completed the state approved MSF course in my area and I've got a little under 3000 miles logged since July.

newbikergrrrl
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2008

Posted 8/28/2008 6:54 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi everyone, I am a new rider (not so new otherwise, 46!) in Florida, passed the MSF course and just bought a Kawasaki Vulcan 500 this week.  Got the fever on the back of b.f.'s bike, and here I am!  Am very happy to find this forum, to answer the LOTS of questions I have!