Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > General Motorcycle Chat > NEW MEMBERS: Please sign in here.  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
636 posts in this thread.
Viewing Page :

[ | Show Newest Post First ]

zicamm.com
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Aug 2008
Total Posts : 1

Posted 8/31/2008 7:52 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
HI everyone, im just comming from France,
im a 37 years old man riding on a majesty 125 sp (special edition) yamaha
Im a demon with it i like speed bike and cruising bike
i have create my own website a free webcam chat for biker's !
I love this forum anytime i found what i need
sorry for my english im just french
If you need some help for finding something very hard to fing on google ask me im a googlemaster !

ron6788
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Sep 2008
Total Posts : 7

Posted 9/19/2008 1:53 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi all. I'm a new member from NJ. I own 5 bikes and can't get enough of it. Last two years I've been riding year-round. The cold's already starting to settle in here. Nights have been dropping into the 50s. In WV, where I'd like to ride to from time to time, the temps at night are already hitting the low 40s! Summer goes so fast. Ron

Brosh187
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2008

Posted 9/22/2008 11:03 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hiya.............name's Shawn, but you can call me Brosh.  I ride an '05 Suzuki SV1000S.....red...some mods.  I live in the Glens Falls area of New York.  33 years old....rode since I was 16.  Past rides in no particular order were: 2005 Suzuki GSXR600, 2004 Honda 919, 2004 Suzuki Katana 750, 1998 Suzuki GSXR600, 1992 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R, 1992 Suzuki Katana 600, 1981 Kawasaki 440 LTD (first bike), 1983 Honda CB something .. maybe 550 (2nd bike).  As you can probably tell, I liked my Suzuki's.  I'll be looking for a cruiser to park next to my SV next spring as well, for the longer distance stuff.

Bill J. from Austin
Casual Hero and Raconteur

Date Joined Sep 2008
Total Posts : 6

Posted 9/23/2008 9:40 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Howdy, y'all! Bill J. from Austin here.

Took USAF's beginners' rider training in 1974, finally got my first bike in 1979, and have been riding ever since. Spent the past 34 years studying, advocating, and lobbying for motorcyclists' safety and rights. Recently took the MSF Experienced Rider Course.

My first bike was a 1974 Harley-Davidson FX - the kick-only 74" Superglide. I still have it, along with a 1987 HD FXR, a 2000 BMW R1100R, and a badly-battered 1986 HD FLHT I recently purchased as a project bike. Makes for a crowded garage (see pic below) but a warm fuzzy feeling every time I walk out there! cool I've also owned, sold, and still miss a 1976 HD Liberty Edition FXE, a 1996 FLH Classic, and a 1948 James Comet.

I'm married to an occasional passenger who (thank God!) understands how important riding is in my life. She recently took the MSF BRC and got her motorcycle endorsement, and we're scouting around for a bike in her size.

Bill J. from Austin

Evo FXR (AKA "The Banshee")
Rigid rat shovel (AKA "The Bitch")
Ratted-out Evo FLT (AKA "The Bagger")
Pretty BMW R1100R (AKA "The Princess")

The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom, and I'm trying to get there as fast as I can!

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
Bill's Garage 3-2-08 aa.jpg
  63KB (image/jpeg)
This image has been viewed 4899 time(s).

Nomad1600
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2008
Total Posts : 8

Posted 10/21/2008 11:08 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
What's up yall! I now ride a Nomad 1600. This is the third kaw i have owned. My first bike was a 454 ltd, then a 800 vulcan, (which I still have and trying to sell), and now the 08 1600. I live in a small town in Ohio and enjoy riding very much. I am a road captain for a charity club out of the small town i live in. I just found this site today and from what I have read and seen so far this seems to be a very interesting, cool, and helpful forum. That is why I decided to sign up. Plus I am not very mechanicaly inclined so this site will prob help me get some answers to some questions that may be very simple to others.  Thanks.

bigcruiser
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2008

Posted 10/28/2008 2:33 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Hi everybody.  I,m in TX.  Drive a 1981 Suzuki GS750L and  1975 Honda CB500T.  Always interested in seeing what folks are doing with old iron.  Look forward to the forum.  Ya'll ride safe.

Frost
Registered Member

Date Joined Nov 2008
Total Posts : 5

Posted 11/19/2008 4:54 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi everyone,
I just signed up on this forum. I am a refugee from the AOL motorcycle message boards which have pretty much died out. I have been riding for the better part of 25 years. I started out riding a Honda 360 back in 1982 when I was in the navy. I then bought a Yamaha XS450 and soon after bought my first new bike, a 1982 Kawasaki CSR750.
I rode that bike on my first long distance ride on a two week leave from Jacksonville Fla. to home in Connecticut and back. I was hooked on cross country riding and knew later in life I would indulge in that further. I didn't buy another bike untill 1989 when I got my first full dress Harley. I toured a lot around the northeast but didn't do any real long distance riding untill I bought another bagger in 1997. That was the first time I rode to Sturgis. I only spent a couple hours in town and left to ride the Black hills and see the sights. It was only a 13 day run but it was enough to get me hooked on touring.
Ever since then me and my wife take 2 weeks every year and go for a ride. I have ridden to and through 42 of the lower 48 states and am planning a run this spring to the grand canyon.
My current ride is a 2008 Harley Ultra. I tow a Bunkhouse camper behind it and we camp pretty much every night when we are on the roadtrips. I look foward to "meeting" people from this forum

When life gives you lemons, smash 'em with a sledge hammer and go riding....... Frost

GAJ
Registered Member

Date Joined Jul 2007
Total Posts : 6845

Posted 11/19/2008 5:04 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Geez, we ARE so bad at welcoming new members...so to all who have not been acknowledged, and our newest member Frost, welcome!

Good group here, I have not been here all that long myself, and be prepared to give, and receive a ribbing at times.

Most here own cruisers, but the loud mouths, like myself, generally ride sportbikes... so be kind to us.

Frost
Registered Member

Date Joined Nov 2008

Posted 11/21/2008 4:30 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Geez, we ARE so bad at welcoming new members...so to all who have not been acknowledged, and our newest member Frost, welcome!

Good group here, I have not been here all that long myself, and be prepared to give, and receive a ribbing at times.

Most here own cruisers, but the loud mouths, like myself, generally ride sportbikes... so be kind to us.

Thanks for the welcome GAJ. As for the ribbing, I'm used to it. Most of the people I ride with are on Hondas, Kaws, Bmws, etc. I can give it as well as take it.......

When life gives you lemons, smash 'em with a sledge hammer and go riding....... Frost

RUDEsmile
Registered Member

Date Joined Nov 2008
Total Posts : 30

Posted 11/23/2008 7:02 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi.  I'm from NYC and almost always ride alone, but have put on a decent 12,000 miles in 3 1/2 years split between 2 different bikes.  I have 2 bikes:  a 05 Honda Shadow VLX Deluxe 600cc that I lovingly call Clementine since she's orange.  My other bike is a 02 Yamaha Road Star Warrior custom 1700ccs that I call The Monster.  I love my bikes if they were my children.

Post Edited (RUDEsmile) : 11/24/2008 2:05:09 AM GMT

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
clementine85right.jpg
  142KB (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 314 time(s).
Image Attachment :
Image Preview
The Monster.jpg
  98KB (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 445 time(s).

fnkmedia
Registered Member

Date Joined Nov 2008
Total Posts : 4

Posted 11/30/2008 4:55 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi guys , i ride a Yamaha XTX , i like travelling a lot with my Yamaha. I live in Greece now where the weather is good all year!!

nighttrainridin_harleyfella
Registered Member

Date Joined Dec 2008

Posted 12/1/2008 2:45 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Howdy folks,

I'm Josh from southern illinois. Ride an 07 nighttrain. First bike was an Indian 50 when was three. First strret bike was an 03 honda spirit then 05 nighttrain then 07 roadking (ex's idea). Low lean looks of nighttrain more my style. Looking forward to riding out to the bubs speed trials next year. Anyone wanting to join me give a shout.

iman501
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2008
Total Posts : 1022

Posted 12/10/2008 3:31 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
ive actually been on this bored for w little while now, but am just now getting around to introduce myself, my names Ian, i just got my class M this sumer, i'm only 16, so ive only had one season of ridding, i dont have my own bike, so ive been riding my dads all this past summer, its an old 89 honda transalp 600cc, its lotsa fun, i love riding!, but thats who i am,

mjcandlec
Registered Member

Date Joined Dec 2008

Posted 12/19/2008 7:17 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Greetings,

I am Mike and a mc wannabee right now. After my tax returns, I will be a serious buyer. Just looking for info on what to be interested in. I haven't kept up with bikes since selling my Triumph 650 many years ago.

The kids are getting much older so now I can get much younger.yeah I'm gonna check out the conversations here off and on to get some ideas.

uphman
Registered Member

Date Joined Dec 2008
Total Posts : 4

Posted 12/30/2008 6:02 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Just wanted to say Hi from York,Pa . My name is Lee I am a upholster by trade 38 years exp. I do custom bike seats all makes & models you can look at my website www.newimageuph.com. If I can help in any way just let me know email is lee@newimageuph.com

backroads jim
Registered Member

Date Joined Jan 2009
Total Posts : 3

Posted 1/3/2009 12:39 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Hello from southern Michigan. My name is Jim. I have been riding most of my life. I am now retired and have a bit more time to ride. I look forward to "meeting" you folks and chatting about motorcycles, riding and travel.

Ride safe,

Jim

hunter56
Registered Member

Date Joined Dec 2008

Posted 1/4/2009 9:03 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hey my name is Terry. I have been ride steady for about 5 years. I have a Honda 2002 VTX 1800 and a Kawa 2003 voyager both are great bikes. Have had the pleasure of riding with my older brother on alot of great rides. I live in upstate NY pretty cold right now. Can not wait for spring.Always looking for another great place to ride I love riding and hunting. Sure would love to move to a place were you could ride all year round but have 24 years in the work place can not leave now. Hope to retire early 62 Iam 53 as of yesterday 1-3-56 Well I hope to hear from you all soon Bye for now.

tbrooks56

Chambeaux
Registered Member

Date Joined Jan 2009

Posted 1/5/2009 6:07 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Hi,

Name is Chambeaux.  Been riding since I was a little squirt on a Honda 50.  Now I'm 44 and riding a Harley Wide Glide.  How ya all doing?  Oh, I'm in northern IL.

Chambeaux
Registered Member

Date Joined Jan 2009

Posted 1/5/2009 6:09 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
mjcandlec said...
Greetings,

I am Mike and a mc wannabee right now. After my tax returns, I will be a serious buyer. Just looking for info on what to be interested in. I haven't kept up with bikes since selling my Triumph 650 many years ago.

The kids are getting much older so now I can get much younger.yeah I'm gonna check out the conversations here off and on to get some ideas.
What kind of bike do you like?  Cruiser, crotch rocket, hybrid, foreign, domestic?

Rob in NH
Registered Member

Date Joined Jan 2009

Posted 1/5/2009 8:40 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
New member just signed up!.. So here is my FIRST POST

Last year I got a 250cc Honda Rebel with 600 miles on the clock for FREE (rich uncle per say)
I never registered it and only putted around my neighborhood maybe once a day. (dead end roads) we called it the 2/3rds Harley if you have ever seen one and stood back 50 feet it looks like HD but only 2/3rds the size.. Overall it was a fun toy for free..

But being a welder I wanted to chop up the Rebel as it's way too small for my height (6'-4") and because it was in such great shape I instead sold it off to a guy who got it for his wifes 30th Birthday present ($2,500) I''m telling you that this bike was MINT!

The small 250cc didn't bother me. I have never been one for a big bike or power and I'm just a tall and skinny guy. Putting around is more fun on my end kinda treating it like I have the best moped in town! - The casual run to the store for coffee or a neighbors house just up the road is just fine.

Now months later and on my Birthday 12/15 (thanks.. now 41) I had came across another 250cc honda for FREE. This one is the "Nighthawk" model and it's the same exact engine as the Rebel had but this one was extremely abused and ignored over the last 11 years. (BOING! I have my new subject)

So here it is.. The plan is a stretch to 67" inches vs. it's original wheelbase of 56.3" inches (10.7" inches longer) and make it a hard-tail Chopper from scratch. Backbone and down-tube will be 1" DOM steel tubing with 3/4" DOM (seamless) rear frame section. 95% of this bike will be from scratch.

(this is also not the first motorcycle frame I have made so plan on seeing it completed)

hop
Glad to be here...
enjoy the read !

Rob in NH

OK-KTM
Registered Member

Date Joined Jan 2009
Total Posts : 2

Posted 1/6/2009 5:24 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
OK I am  a new member and my kids and I ride bikes. My daughter rides the new Kaw KLX 140, my son the Yamaha WR250 and I own a KTM450 EXC dual purpose bike. Looking forward to M-USA forums talk. 

Mtelewis
Registered Member

Date Joined Jan 2009
Total Posts : 14

Posted 1/26/2009 8:20 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi everyone, my name is Justin. I'm 19 years old and live in Virginia. I've just recently gotten into motorcycles however don't know much about them. Had alot of trouble in my life so I thought this would be a nice escape and whatnot. I currently do not own a bike, but have been looking everywhere for a nice sport-bike or possibly a rebel. I don't have a lot of money so that may take a bit of time. Anyhow, thats who I am. Nice to meet everyone and thank you all for welcoming me :)

(and btw welcome to OK-KTM, saw you just joined too =D)

BilboTC2
Registered Member

Date Joined Jan 2009

Posted 1/27/2009 1:32 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
My turn for a howdy, Billy Here, been riding since 1982 Honda CB550K for 25 yrs, then just bought a 2003 HarleyDavidson, Anniversary Edition Peace Officers Model ElectraGlide in 2007. Belong to the NJ Red Knights(Firemen on Motorcycles). Thanks for the place to post a hello, and get to know the group.

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
6e26_3.jpg
  82KB (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 357 time(s).
Image Attachment :
Image Preview
7370_3.jpg
  76KB (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 429 time(s).

bowler
Registered Member

Date Joined Jan 2009

Posted 1/30/2009 8:21 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Names Ben, Wife and I both ride, mine's a 08 royal star tour deluxe, her's a 09 V-star 950. Both been riding for many years. Put 14,000 miles last year on old bike. Wanted to join forum mostly for tech tips. Need infro on aftermarket stereo, which is best. Thanks, Keep the rubber down.

Br0kedaddy
Registered Member

Date Joined Feb 2009

Posted 2/3/2009 5:06 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hello, I'm Ray (aka Br0kedaddy) from Satellite Beach, Florida. I just purchased a 2009 Victory Vegas Jackpot 4 weeks ago. I've been breaking it in very carefully, not going over 50mph or 4th gear for the first 100 miles (which took me 10 days). For the next 50 miles, I took it up to 65mph and used the 5th & 6th gear. I then took it back to the shop about two weeks ago to have a stage 3 system placed on it as well as several other new chrome pieces. I'm also having the gas tank, fenders and side covers accented with new paint. I say accented, because I love the blue flake that it was when I bought it, but considering that most of it was blue including the pegs, frame swing arm and the pieces I've already mentioned, I thought it was "too blue" and have taken certain sections and am having these areas paintedin an Ameretto colored "burlwood" outlined in a brushed silver pinstripe. I should have my bike back by the first of next week...just in time for Daytona beginning on February 27! Can't wait!