Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > General Motorcycle Chat > NEW MEMBERS: Please sign in here.  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
636 posts in this thread.
Viewing Page :

[ | Show Newest Post First ]

sambo
2004 Triumph Bonneville

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jul 2005
Total Posts : 698

Posted 10/29/2005 7:42 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Sam here. Georgia born and bred (that's the Western Hemisphere Georgia for you European types). Been riding my 2004 Triumph Bonneville for about 15 months now. I'll post a pic as soon as I can find the camera.

CajunBass
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Sep 2005
Total Posts : 276

Posted 10/31/2005 8:31 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I thought I had replied to this but apparently not.

I'm 53, born in, and have lived in Virginia all my life.  I recently got my first bike, a Yamaha Majesty 400.  I'm still in the learning stage, but really enjoy riding it.  I've dumped it once, practicing "S" turns in the church parking lot.  Skinned a knee, scratched the bike a bit, but no real harm done.  "They" are right.  You will go where you're looking.  Don't look at the cone.  nono

I hope to take my DMV test in the next week or so.  I'm off for a few days and plan to practice, practice, practice.

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, tha whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
John 3:16 (NKJV)

Windshield
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2005
Total Posts : 1

Posted 10/31/2005 3:05 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hello everyone, my name is Mike. I'm completly new to motorcycling, just got my first motorbike. I live in Queens, New York.

Here are some pictures of my beloved Bonneville.

Ste
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2005
Total Posts : 293

Posted 11/1/2005 10:26 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hello
My name is Steven and I live in the Northern part of Virginia in Annandale. I've been riding dirt bikes and dual sports for years to get around the farm in Arkansas (If you ever bought peach gerber baby food, it most likely came from our farm). I recently decided to get a street bike and luck dropped a 1982 Yamaha Vision into my lap at the bargain price of $400, including loads of spare parts and new rubber with 8k on her. Once I repaint her and get some time in the garage she'll look brand new. At first I just thought I'd keep her to learn then get something new, but while I'm still going to get something new in the spring, I think I'm going to keep her as she keeps growing on me (2 years and I get antique plates- wu-ha!)

Greywolf
Fuzzy Logic Inc.

Date Joined Nov 2005
Total Posts : 319

Posted 11/4/2005 8:24 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Jake - from Tennessee USA (not originally)

"The road is there... Where does it go? I want to find out..."

or either...

"The road runs ever, ever on..."

When I was a boy, a bicycle was a way to get out and adventure. The horizon was still so far away though...

I skipped over motorcycles and went on to cars and trucks, but something was missing.

Road bikes stay on the roads, the trails next to the train tracks interested me, even the ones that were no longer used.
But I have to go to town and back...
Yet I must follow my obscure dreams...

ENDURO!

YA GOTTA...

(Picture will be here tomorrow)

- and if it don't work, well CRAP!

(I bet I can't post any pics here until I have enough posts)

We live to be in the wind
We die if we are stupid...

Post Edited (Greywolf) : 11/7/2005 2:01:26 AM GMT

73Z1900
Registered Member

Date Joined Nov 2005
Total Posts : 2

Posted 11/6/2005 12:39 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Hi, I'm Steve and born in 1952 with grandchildren. Rode dirt bikes from the early 60's then hit the streets in 1971.

Bought a 73 Z1 new and can't get over how perfect a street, strip bike this was and still is. I sold my original Z1 in 99 and just couldn't live without it. Purchasing her back was not possible so I found a 1 owner this past summer and have just gotten her on the road again. The ol bike had set since 1982, but purrs like a new one!

I live in Southwest Florida and will be riding year round.

Great site Cad!

Z1

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
Z1 001.jpg
  350KB (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 308 time(s).

mjaquish
Registered Member

Date Joined Nov 2005
Total Posts : 4

Posted 11/8/2005 1:16 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi, I am a new Honda rider in Kentucky.....just looking for a place to ask some questions

Adam Roadstar
Registered Member

Date Joined Nov 2005
Total Posts : 46

Posted 11/13/2005 2:28 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Hello Everybody;

My name is Adam and I'm new to these boards. I've been riding for 4 years but have covered 41 states and 70,000 plus miles during this time period. My goal is to get all 50 states and that includes Alaska and fly and ride to Hawaii. My brand is Yamaha. I started out on a 650cc V-star,then a 1100cc V-star and now am on my present bike a purple 1600 and two Roadstar. I love it. I hope to share some thoughts,questions and concerns along the way. I an't shy either. I use to be on a another motorcycle topic board that pretty much died out. I hope these boards are strong and no brand bashing and trolling but we shall see. You all have a safe one and let's have some fun.

Enjoy life and be who you want to be not what others want you to be.

Maineyak
Registered Member

Date Joined Nov 2005
Total Posts : 6

Posted 11/18/2005 10:12 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi,
I'm Maineyak from Maine. I've been riding over 30 years. I'm a 48 YO Fat Bastard (6'3" 300 lbs) that put 20,000 miles on my 2003 Yamaha Royal Star Midnight Venture since June. Past rides:
125 Vespa Scooter, Honda Trail 90, 1970 Bridgestone GTO 350, 1972 Honda CB 450, 1975 Honda CB 750, 1977 Honda GL 1000 full dressed Gold Wing, 1978 Yamaha XS 750, 1977 HD XLCH 1000, 1974 HD FLH 1200, 1981 Yamaha 920 Virago, 1969 BSA 650

lcc
Registered Member

Date Joined Jun 2005
Total Posts : 8

Posted 11/18/2005 8:42 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi, I'm Larry.  I'm a 34 year old Insurance Agent in North Carolina.  I'm also a recent father (my son is 13 months old).  My motorcycling background runs the gammut from dirt bikes at age 10 to a season and a half WERA roadracing in 1990 and 1991 (with two wins in D production on a Yamaha FZR400 by the way...and I have been on the track with the older two Haydens and Colin Edwards) to having owned just about every type and brand bike out there over the last several years.  Regarding my current riding interests, I just sold a 2005 Kawasaki ZX-10R, a 2003 Vulcan 1600,a 2001 BMW R1100S, and a 1994 Suzuki RM250 (yes, owning these four at the same time was pretty cool and pretty much overkill as well).  I'm currently looking to buy one bike to enjoy Saturday rides on the secondary roads of NC and Virginia with the occasional overnighter thrown in.  Growing up has been quite fun and painful all at the same time.   

Billski
Registered Member

Date Joined Nov 2005
Total Posts : 4

Posted 11/20/2005 1:57 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
New to the group.  Hope to add something from time to time.

I've been riding for 22 years (38 years old) and I've owned many brands of bikes.  I love 'em all. 

I currently own a 2001 Boss Hoss with the Big Block Chevy engine - 502cid.  Bought it new in May of 2001 and I have put 32,000 miles on it. 

Many people don't get this machine.  Most criticize it and haven't even thrown a leg over one.

I "get it"!!!

Billski

P.S.  Ask Jay Leno if he "gets it" if you ever run into him.

Post Edited (Billski) : 11/22/2005 3:44:07 AM GMT

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
DSC01791.JPG
  1.38Mb (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 321 time(s).

shyguy344
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2005
Total Posts : 142

Posted 11/21/2005 12:04 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi gang,
My name is Bob and I live in South Florida. I am currently riding an '84 Yamaha Virago 1000 after a 15 year hiatus because of an incident that could have taken the life of my daughter, but did not...thankfully. I started back riding about three years ago and took the MSF course to learn all that I had been doing wrong in my "previous life" and am loving the fact that I can now ride year-round(originally from New England). Cadd will be happy to know that, as I search for the perfect cruiser, the 1600 Nomad is still leading the pack in my research. I thought I had signed on here before, but I guess I just registered my ride and forgot this part....sorry. This is a super forum, and full of terrific information on so many issues facing all of us who ride. Keep up the good work!

Bob

JoshRockit
Registered Member

Date Joined Nov 2005
Total Posts : 10

Posted 11/26/2005 12:26 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hello,
My name is Josh.  I live in Baltimore, Maryland.  I do not own a motorcycle, but I want to buy one soon.  I am a beginner rider, and know next to nothing about how to repair motorcycles.  I am very interested in getting a beginners bike and learning how to maintain it.  Any help with questions I have is greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

-Josh

BerkRider
Registered Member

Date Joined Nov 2005
Total Posts : 14

Posted 11/27/2005 12:50 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Joe Tatro here.

I'm from Western Massachsetts & I'm a COBBer. Visit our website at http://www.cobb.berkshireriders.com. Don't forget to check out the photo pages.

I'm also the Berkshire County Rep & Webmaster for the Massachusetts Motorcycle Assn. (www.massmotorcycle.org)

Your welcome to visit either website any time.

I ride an '03 Harley Davidson FXDP Police Dyna.

My FXDP

Joe Tatro
59 E. Housatonic St., Dalton, MA 01226

Phone: 413.684.5125 - Toll Free: 866.393.LUBE

Click Here for our Online Store
Amsoil, 1st in Synthetics
Dealer Account #: 1277648

© Check Twice - Save A Life
MOTORCYCLES ARE
EVERYWHERE!!!!

Support Motorcycle Awareness

Post Edited (BerkRider) : 12/17/2006 11:34:28 PM GMT

The Architect
Registered Member

Date Joined Jul 2005
Total Posts : 110

Posted 11/28/2005 4:00 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hello, All!
My name is Vince, from Damascus, MD (anyone who lives here knows where it is when I say its the home of JimmiCone, and for those who don't it's an hour outside Washington, DC).

I earned my Class M this past summer. This is my first MC forum. I found it while I was researching my new found set of 2 wheels. The advice and input has been priceless.

I am the proud new owner of a 2005 Honda Shadow Aero 750, which is both unnamed because she hasnt told it to me yet, and un photographed because of the lack of a good sunny day. It is my very first bike and I look foward to riding thousands of miles and sharing thousands of stories.

2005 Honda Shadow Aero 750 - *currently name-less*
Newbometer: 38 Miles

trike1946
Registered Member

Date Joined Nov 2005
Total Posts : 2

Posted 11/29/2005 5:51 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi. My name is trike1946 or just Bob will do. I have a 1988 HD Heritage softail, or so it used to be. I love to tear things apart and make it my way. I've changed almost all of it. Been riding about 35 years. I have also had a Honda Shadow and a Goldwing along the way. I have some arthritis in my knees, so I am building a trike. 1946 is the year I was born. I also add a side car when we go on trips so I can take extra passengers. Somebody always wants to bring an extra kid or two. I live in Medford, NJ. I do construction work. Just found the site.

Winner1
Registered Member

Date Joined Dec 2005
Total Posts : 8

Posted 12/2/2005 7:30 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hello Everyone,

This is Kumar. I am 25, work with Temple Inland Inc for 8 months now. I got my Masters in Industrial Engineering from Texas A&M University in Dec 2004. I am originally from India and got B.S. in Mechanical Engineering.

I have a Honda Accord Sedan, 94 Model. I have been riding bicylces from the age of 6 and bikes from the age of 16. My first moped was called Hero Puch, a very successful moped in India, it was 65 cc!! Then I rode bikes of friends and cousins ranging from, all beloe 200 cc though.

Now, after gruelling years of school, finally I have a job and money to buy a bike and I am looking for one as you know from my first post in this awesome forum. You guys are doing a great job sharing the expertise you have. Also I liked the fact that all of you make a note about safety. Working in manufacturing environment I respect that a lot!

Now I have a thread which talks about how much do you spend and other questions about you and your experiences with bikes. I and I think others will really appreciate if you share that information. Lionlady, the mod, was cautious of any spammers or other malicious reasoned people, so its locked temporarily.

I am going to take MSF sometime in february. Ihave already been on the website and there are plethora of citys here in TX where I can go take it. Once again I came to know about MSF from this forum!

Anyways, I gotta get back to work! Thanks guys,

- Kumar

ShawnKing
Registered Member

Date Joined Dec 2005
Total Posts : 366

Posted 12/5/2005 11:27 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hello everyone! New rider, new bike, new to these forums!

I've been going through the forums and, apparently, I'm doing everything wrong. :)

I did take "The Course" and did very well. I was told, because I'm a big guy (6'3", 260lbs) I should get a "big bike".

Well, I was scared silly of bikes in general so I rented a Honda 750 for a weekend and rode a few hundred miles on backroads, basically getting a feel for riding. I *loved* it!

Then I rented a Honda VTX 1300....then a Honda ST1300.....and, this past Friday, I bought a Yamaha Royal Star Tour Deluxe! I don't care that it's not the biggest or fastest or the "Harley-iest" :)....I like it, we (my fiancee and I) think it's gorgeous and we can't wait for better weather so we can ride and meet all kinds of people.

I look forward to reading your posts and soaking up your advice about *everything*.

And these forums are *wonderful*!....Now...where are those "extra points" you promised? :)

Shawn King
New Rider (12/02/05)
2005 Yamaha Royal Star Tour Deluxe

pappa
Registered Member

Date Joined Dec 2005
Total Posts : 6

Posted 12/19/2005 10:15 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi i am mike i live in oklahoma. I got my first bike this year in july it was a rodstar midnight star. i am a disable trucker so i have travled the hiways in all of 48 states. Always wanted to ride now i am. picture of bike coming soon.:p

beamer
Registered Member

Date Joined Dec 2005
Total Posts : 40

Posted 12/22/2005 4:44 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Good Morning Everyone!

I've been chimming in on some other posts but I thought I'd go ahead and introduce myself. I posted in another forum and was asked to post here.
I am a brand new rider of about 3 weeks. I am 52 so I'm getting started pretty late in life.  I'm riding now because my husband decided he was going to have a Harley before he died. I strongly resisted it since I was riding on the back of a bike with my previous husband when we wrecked in a curve.It was apparent that he was going to do whatever he wanted despite my feelings so I decided if you can't beat them...then join them!  Since I made that decision I have been very excited and obcessed with learning all I can. I passed the MSF course with flying colors a few weeks ago.  In fact, I did much better than my hubby!  yeah tongue turn

I first bought a 2002 Yamaha Virago 250 to learn on before the MSF course although I wanted a larger bike to begin with ...HD Heritage Deluxe... However the HD owner would not sell me one since I had no experience saying that he was afraid I'd hurt myself and wanted me to get a 125 or 250 Honda/Yamah.He directed me to a gal in the shop that had just gotten her license that morning and was rolling out a brand new sportster to her trailor.  She had the Virago on the trailor and no longer needed it so I bought it on the spot! I'm really glad the HD man insisted on my going with a smaller bike.  A couple of weeks after I bought the Virago another bike kind of fell into my lap.  It is a 1999 Yamaha V-Star 650. I love it!  I've only been on the road once for a short ride.  It took me awhile just to get out of the neighborhood. 

I live in Tyler Tx. and hope to meet some folks in my neck of the woods.  I look forward to meeting more of you and learning everything that I can to be a more confident and safe rider and most of all to have FUN!! burger 

Cindy<!-- Edit -->

Cindy
Tyler, Texas
Newbie...1999 Yamaha V-Star 650.  2002 Yamaha Virago 250 (for sale).
Love playing with my 2 Yorkies and my Salt Water Fish. 120 gl reef/ 12 gl Nano.

Honeybee883
Registered Member

Date Joined Dec 2005
Total Posts : 16

Posted 12/22/2005 5:13 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Johnny Monsoon said...
Welcome to the board, now please introduce yourself in General Chat. The MG section is not a forum exclusively used by women, nor is it the only place a woman can post. Not all members make it in here to meet new riders which is why we want to make sure everyone posts an introduction in General Chat.

Well, apparently I should have looked a little closer at this board before I started posting so I was doing it right. I hate being a bad girl. Here ya go…my post from MG

Well as I stated I am new here and I really just wanted to say hey...So far I am lmao at some of the posts and look forward to many more laughs and info from you guys and gals. I heard of this site thru the VTwin Mama site and had to check it out as there are not that many sites that cater to us women riders. I am located in Toledo Ohio and riding is pretty much done for me this year, partly because of the ice and snow and partly because of my little accident 6 weeks ago (yes on the bike in my drive way no less! ) in which I crushed my right wrist and am now recovering from the injury and surgery. In my defense, there were tornado warnings with 50 mph winds and my drive way was covered in wet leaves, all of which was not going on when I left my house that day! My bike faired much better than I with only a broken mirror and some scratches, thank god, as this is costing me far to much already. The recovery period has left me with lots of time to sit around and play on my computer which is cool since I found this site.
I have been riding for about 30 years, the first 29 or so as a pillion and the last year in front, yep.. I am a newbie and I like the front much better. I am now on my second bike, my first was a Yamaha Virago 250 which was a great first bike that I rode all summer and now the sporty, which I like very much but was not really my first choice as a next bike, I couldn't pass up the great deal I got on her. (2001 883 Hugger, 544 miles, $4100.00) I figure I will ride her for a year or two and then trade up to maybe a road king or dyna, or who knows what but for right now the bike is paid for and I am a happy camper. You gotta love that!
Thanks for the laughs and Merry Christmas (Happy Holidays or whatever)

Melissa

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways,  body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!  (I don't know who originally wrote it...but I love it)

2001 883H Sportster

Breeze61
...I keep blowin' down the road.

Date Joined May 2005
Total Posts : 347

Posted 12/23/2005 9:24 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
The Architect said...
Hello, All!
My name is Vince, from Damascus, MD (anyone who lives here knows where it is when I say its the home of JimmiCone...
JIMMIE CONE!!!!! hop hop

Man, I left Rockville/Gaithersburg 15 years ago and I still jones for a jimmie cone.  Enjoy one this spring for me!

Sean
'03 Shadow VLX
Some people say don't tempt fate; I say "Fate, don't tempt me".

Ducatista
Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit

Date Joined Dec 2005
Total Posts : 52

Posted 12/23/2005 10:13 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I forgot to do this... I hope the punishment isn't lethal...

Anyway... I'm Parker from Austin, TX... I've been on and off (longer off than on) motorcycles for about 8 years now... Last bike was a CBR929RR that happened to not want me on it... long sweeper... rear tire gave out... bike went this way *points* I went that way *points* and haven't been on a bike since... this was early 1999. Anyway... tossing around the idea of another bike... Ducati S2R or maybe a M1000 if I can find one with a conventional swingarm... or even an 800 if I can find one...

Anyway... yeah... that's me... or something...

Of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time." -Hunter S Thompson

ROCKY_RIDER
Registered Member

Date Joined Dec 2005
Total Posts : 17

Posted 12/23/2005 10:29 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi All Ken here would like to have any info on the 1100 yamaha virago 1986

ShawnKing
Registered Member

Date Joined Dec 2005
Total Posts : 366

Posted 12/23/2005 6:58 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
beamer said...
I live in Tyler Tx. and hope to meet some folks in my neck of the woods.

LOL Small world! My Fiancee is near there now (Linden) visiting family for Christmas and we plan on taking our new bike there in the Spring so "Mama" can see it. We'll post here when the time comes and maybe we can all go out for a ride together!

Shawn King
New Rider (12/02/05)
2005 Yamaha Royal Star Tour Deluxe