Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > General Motorcycle Chat > NEW MEMBERS: Please sign in here.  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
636 posts in this thread.
Viewing Page :

[ | Show Newest Post First ]

Linda
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Aug 2009
Total Posts : 4

Posted 8/9/2009 11:30 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hey Im Linda from Virginia. Not new to riding, but new to riding my own bike. This forum has saved me from "newbie" loneliness---! Thank you so much--I rode this morning and it was beautiful! Nothing like a bike ride on a cool Sunday morning. . .

eestrom
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Aug 2009
Total Posts : 3

Posted 8/15/2009 8:04 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hello all, my name is Eric (eestrom). I ride a Kawaski Vulcan 800A and live in beautiful Minneapolis. I am always looking for people to ride with so give me a shout! A little about me...I am a former Marine and a member if the Minnesota Patriot Guard Riders. I think that will do.

Purple
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2009
Total Posts : 1

Posted 8/31/2009 1:05 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
hello all, I am Purple, ad I have yet to have a bike. I'm Planning on getting new cause all the horrid experiences I've had used. planning on a DR650 or DRZ400.

that's gonna take a while for me to do it, so I will just be using this forum to keep myself informed. and read people's opinions regarding those and similar or different altogether bikes. yeah

freezeradio
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2009
Total Posts : 8

Posted 9/3/2009 2:51 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I am a new member of this forum, I have been ridin 40 years.Started on a mini bike. Rode dirtbikes most of my life. I broke my back and had to change my riding habits. I now ride a kawasaki LT900.....Cruiser. .It don't wheelie .But it burns fuel .Did I say how much I like to burn fuel?

bum
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2009
Total Posts : 11

Posted 9/11/2009 3:37 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Hi folks

I'm bum, I ride a BMW 1200 LT.

I live in the houston area, my riding is mainly back and forth to work.

OldRelayer
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2009
Total Posts : 116

Posted 9/14/2009 4:18 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hello, just signed up today, I had some questions that I am sure can be answered here. Don't try to laugh to hard, my first ride was a Cushman motor scooter, probably the worst scooter every made, it was more like a lawn mower with a seat, my friends all had real ones Vespa's. It was actually my fathers, he convinced my mother he would save a ton of money and even rode it in the Winter in the Boston area with USAF flight suit, a funny sight. When he tired of it I drove it for a couple of years. I didn't own my second ride either but my brother went into the Army and someone had to do it, so I rode during the early 60's, it was a Triumph 750, a sweet ride but for the vibration, every 50 miles or so I knew I needed to take out the wrenches and tighten everything up. For the briefest of time I actually owned a Honda 450, a bit of a let down after the Triumph. That was the early 70's and I haven't ridden since, but have the urge, which doesn't please my wife all that much and I really don't need her worrying about me so I suggested she take the course with me but she doesn't seem to be all that enthusiastic. So I am here to get as much information about all the things I may not have thought of and maybe I will find my wife is right, she says "Get a Miata" but I am not going that cheap, I want a Z3, lets make it worth my while. I have bounced all over the road and presently a loaded Suzuki C-50 has my interest but then again the harley's are not as much as I thought, they are still in the running, a nice sportster then I can go hang with the guys at the Tim Horton that have the awesome bikes. Frankly everything I look at is nice in some way it is just a matter of finding the right one, I don't want to do this more than once.

svo68
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2009

Posted 9/14/2009 5:59 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I'm Tim and an 05 Concours. Anyone in the Waynesboro, VA area?

Sfinx_x
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2009

Posted 9/29/2009 6:20 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Greetings, my name is Dima! I live in Belorusii. It is the country is near Russia. I do not know English language (therefore I use the electronic translator). If not all clearly I ask me to excuse. We also have companies on motorcycles. It is very interesting to me. That you here write is interesting to me. I am glad that have found this forum and I can write to you.

Well Enuff
--- Regaining my sanity --- one ride at time

Date Joined Jul 2006
Total Posts : 1925

Posted 9/29/2009 9:47 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Sfinx. Мы рады, што Вы з намі. Метады вы выкарысталі для перакладу з англійскай на беларускую працавалі вельмі добра.
------------------------------------------------------
Sfinx. We are happy to have you with us. The method you used to translate from Belarusian to English worked very well.

Ikantride55
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2009

Posted 10/3/2009 7:34 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi all!! Ken's the name. live in hot sacramento, ca. Ride a yamaha 07 v star 1300. have over 25,000 since may, 08 on it. I ride on the "darkside". Love it and won't go back to a "motorcycle tire". Ride with and belong to the Cenntral Valley Star Riders. Delphi Darkside forum member #205. My laptop just crashed with ALL of my bike photos lost, so it may be awhile till I get another one. Till then I'm stuck using my wifes computer. Will post some pics of my v star asap.

www.chopsueycycles.com
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2009

Posted 10/14/2009 5:52 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

hello, love the forum here. lots of good info for the masses. can't really count how many bikes i have owned. at least maybe 100 or so. started on crotch rockets, and now i ride & build metric choppers. been building bikes for a number of years as a passion. i help people in the phoenix az area with their skooters for fun mostly, but i do charge for certain work such as frame alteration. but tuning or wiring problems, i try to help out free of charge for those really in need in this horrible economy that we have.

i have a website that i show my bikes on- www.chopsueycycles.com

feel free to ask for wiring diagrams or general info if needed- always love to help.

thanks and aloha to all.

06victory
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2009
Total Posts : 18

Posted 10/24/2009 3:49 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi I'am 06victory I ride a 2006 Victory Kingpin Delux This is the most nimble bike I have ever had. I have been riding dirt and street for 42 years now in the last few years I gave up dirt riding the get offs were getting to hard on my body.
This looks like a interesting form I look foward to talking and maybe riding with some of you in the future. I joined Hooligancruisers a few months back and have had a good time meeting and riding with some of the members there, hope the same will happen here.smile

singrangel2008
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2009
Total Posts : 2

Posted 10/28/2009 4:14 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
My name is Kelsey and I'm 19. I've always wanted a motorcycle, never quite been able to convince my mother to allow me to have one, at least until I turn 21. I'm actually doing a project, well more like a paper for my English 111 class and one of the requirements is that I join a forum and research for my topic which is motorcycle enthusiasts. So that's what I'm here for, to research and learn, and hopefully get some fuel for my fight with my mother. smilewinkgrin

1bykrydaway
Registered Member

Date Joined Nov 2009

Posted 11/9/2009 12:51 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hey people , just registered. 1bykrydaway. Glad to meet u'all and hope for many good talks . Thanks.

Rossoneri
Registered Member

Date Joined Nov 2009
Total Posts : 2

Posted 11/12/2009 9:55 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hey, I'm 28 and I live in New York. I have been riding for 6 and a half years.

camshaft
Registered Member

Date Joined Nov 2009
Total Posts : 9

Posted 11/14/2009 5:06 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Howdy from Conroe Texas,

A Honda Nighthawk 250 got me out of the house as a teenager, 1991. I used a 1979 CB650 in College; that's "great parking" in 1997. I put 51,000 miles on a Suzuki Intruder 1400 riding the Blue Ridge Parkway and other East Coast destinations while in the military in Georgia, between 2001-2005. Now I have a DR650SE, go-anywhere do-anything bike in Conroe Texas. I work as a Programmer Analyst and Software/Web Developer.

-Cam

02TAC
Registered Member

Date Joined Nov 2009
Total Posts : 19

Posted 11/21/2009 10:10 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Hello from Delaware.  I started a Wild Card tag game in teh General discussion area.

Nick-flash
Registered Member

Date Joined Dec 2009

Posted 12/23/2009 7:39 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hello I from Ukraine, I do not have a motor cycle while, but in the near future want to purchase. Glad to be on this forum

spacepig
Registered Member

Date Joined Dec 2009
Total Posts : 11

Posted 12/23/2009 8:12 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Hi! My name is Scott and I am in NorthWest Florida (Pensacola area). I have been away from riding for many years and am just now coming back as a "newbie".  Happy to have found this forum.  I am also the proud owner of a new 2009 Suzuki  TU250x.

47rider
Registered Member

Date Joined Dec 2009

Posted 12/26/2009 2:11 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I am new to this site, looks interesting. I have owned a 63 triumph 650, before getting married and when the kids started to come along, the motorcycle had to go. Now that I am 63 and the kids can take care of themselves, I want to get another bike. I have been looking at the new triumph thunderbird and love it!!! live in Ohio and took the 63 to California, Boston and parts of Canada. What do you think, To Old now for a bike?   hop

Easy Rider 2
Central Illinois / Central Florida

Date Joined Dec 2009
Total Posts : 2259

Posted 12/30/2009 8:58 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
CaddmannQ said...
Welcome to the Motorcycle USA Message Boards.

Once you've registered, we'd like you to introduce yourself to the members in this thread.
Hi all.  I ride a Honda Shadow VLX 600.  I like this forum !!! 
Everybody has to say that first, right ??? smilewinkgrin

Semi-retired old fart.  Been riding for 40+ years.  Started on a Honda S-90 and never owned a bike bigger than 650,
mostly because I'm a fairly small person with short legs.

My pipe dream for next year is to take a month or so and ride from Illiniois to Georgia and Florida......since I have friends
and relatives scattered all over down there. 

47rider
Registered Member

Date Joined Dec 2009

Posted 12/30/2009 10:24 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi, My name is Mike and I am 63 and I want to start ridding again.. I had several old Harleys(tank shift) but the bike I liked the best was a 650 Triumph. Now that I am looking at retiring and the kids are all grown I want to ride again. On the 650 took trips from Ohio to CA MA and Canada, always had a great time even if I was alone. The bike I want is the new Triumph Thunderbird, not sure if it will be to much for me as I have not ridden in a long time but I want to take the wife on a few trips and I want the power. Any thoughts on the bike?
Mike

47 Rider

thecruiser
Registered Member

Date Joined Dec 2009

Posted 12/31/2009 6:53 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hey, I'm Larry K. (aka: thecruiser) from near Grand Rapids, Michigan.
I ride an '07 GoldWing and love cross country riding.
I retired in April of '09 and take great joy in sitting on my rockin' chair. (GoldWing)

ethan
Registered Member

Date Joined Jan 2010

Posted 1/16/2010 9:34 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I am ethan and riding Kawasaki 90 since 12 months.

47rider
Registered Member

Date Joined Dec 2009

Posted 1/17/2010 11:58 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi, I like this site, still not sure what I am doing but ya got to start sometime! I have riddin in the past and I am itchin to get back into ridding. I used to have a 650 triumph and would like to get the new Triumph Thunderbird, have not seen it yet but it looks like one hell of a ride.

47 Rider