Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > General Motorcycle Chat > NEW MEMBERS: Please sign in here.  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
636 posts in this thread.
Viewing Page :

[ | Show Newest Post First ]

ranger101
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2009
Total Posts : 9

Posted 1/19/2010 3:27 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi I am Rachit from Houston Tx. I ride the Suzuki B-King.... I have been riding a long time and enjoy it a lot.

Jamsie
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jan 2010
Total Posts : 4

Posted 1/24/2010 2:39 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi, I'm James from Nashville, TN. New to the MC world but lovin' it!! Hats off to the most helpful site for riders IN THE WORLD!!

PETE_RR
Registered Member

Date Joined Jan 2010
Total Posts : 1

Posted 1/29/2010 6:18 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hello to everybody who has a weel in his head like me..I m from GREECE and i was a owner of a HONDA CBR600RR.Now i want to buy a CBR1000RR 2008 model from USA and I want to ask if this bike has some differends at horsepower or anything else.This bike here in Greece has 178hp.Plese if someone can tell me for sure.Thanks!!Keep Rolling!!jumpin jumpin jumpin

XIDshooter
Its easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission!

Date Joined Jan 2010
Total Posts : 2

Posted 1/31/2010 4:51 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Hi all from upstate NY.

I've beem riding for 8 years and can't wait to begin my 9th but I have to wait for it to warm a little.I was looking for a way to scratch the itch when I fround your site and thought I'd drop the 'stand,if you don't mind.

I'm not going to try and sell anything and tickin' people off isn't my favorite thing,in fact, I'm more of a lurker and tend to speak up only when I can add something helpfull or complimenting (sp).

The Yamaha was my 1st (Thats one of my favorite pics of my daughter, she's 7 now) and the Heritage is my current ride.

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
scan0003.jpg
  733KB (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 237 time(s).
Image Attachment :
Image Preview
100_0383.jpg
  883KB (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 219 time(s).

DocHarley
Registered Member

Date Joined Feb 2010
Total Posts : 6

Posted 2/1/2010 10:12 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hey:
Been riding 50 years, 43 of them on the street. Have 2-1981 shovelhead Harleys, "Grunt" is a full blown chop, rigid, girder fork, overdirve 6 speed with 3 inch belt primary and rear belt drive, bought new as an FLH. Built by me save paint and welding.
"Lumpy" is a basket case 81 shovel I just bought and built into a low buck bobber, flat black, nothing special, but he runs good.
Looking forward to meeting folks who like me, don't give a rat what someone rides, long as they ride.

faith123
Registered Member

Date Joined Feb 2010

Posted 2/12/2010 5:42 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
hai to
CaddmannQ said...
Welcome to the Motorcycle USA Message Boards.

Once you've registered, we'd like you to introduce yourself to the members in this thread.

No real personal information or questions here, please: just a few words about yourself.

Something simple like: "Hi, I'm MotoRyder from Ohio, and I just bought my third Honda." would be fine.
Otherwise, just tell us whatever you'd like to about yourself.

You get extra points if you tell us how wonderful our forum is, but of course that's all optional. ;-)

You can post a picture of yourself as well, using the attachment manager.

Please remember to post topics in the most appropriate forum category, and try to show respect for the other members, even when you disagree with their opinions.

Have a good time,
Cadd.

Shrek X
Registered Member

Date Joined Feb 2010

Posted 2/14/2010 7:05 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Figured I would say hey...

From the NW US, Portland.

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v216/13/26/589871268/n589871268_656118_6689.jpg

ray66rus
Registered Member

Date Joined Feb 2010
Total Posts : 5

Posted 2/20/2010 5:16 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi everybody. I ride Suzuki Intruder and do it mostly here, in Moscow, Russia. But this spring I'd like to go to US and make a trip thru California, and, maybe, a little of Oregon. It would be my first 'motorized' trip to US, so I'd appreciate any advises from local folks greatly :)
Image Attachment :
Image Preview
getImage.jpeg
  72KB (image/jpeg)
This image has been viewed 208 time(s).

bigchandler
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2010

Posted 3/8/2010 3:43 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi Everyone,

I've been an avid motorcycle rider for the past 10 years living in the greater Philadelphia area. I also spend a great deal of time on the track with my Honda CBR600RR and own a small aftermarket engineering company, www.chiefmotorcycle.com. If any of you are in the area with your bike, especially NJMP, PM me!

Kyle

"A pint of sweat, saves a gallon of blood." - Patton

Quality Engineering and Performance: www.chiefmotorcycle.com

Michaud85
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2010

Posted 3/18/2010 3:41 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
My name is mike, im from massachusetts, more specifically the boston area... im about to get my first bike this weekend, but i have been riding dirtbikes for 7 years so i think i will adjust somewhat quickly. im probably going to buy a cbr 600 f3 or a katana 750.

shoot me a message or give me advice anytime.

pool
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2010
Total Posts : 11

Posted 3/25/2010 11:13 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
just found this site today,.,.
im a little bit exited on this forum.,,.
i hope to learn more and meet new people here

Stroller
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2010

Posted 3/26/2010 9:33 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Hi there, yep I'm a newbie here. I live in Colorado and have been riding motorcycles most of my lfe. I started with a little Honda 50 and have grown from there. I am actually a former auto motive tech, now a store security officer, burn out.

I'd love a Harley, but I have a wife and kids lol.

I have an old rice grinder, it's a 1978 Suzuki GS750-E. I have busted the tach drive twice and sheared off the speedo drive 3 times, the thing is fast, powerful and fun. I have had the bike for a long time now and even rode it for over 10 years with no back brake and a lousy seat. Now I have working rear brakes and good seat as well as some cool looking braided stainless steel brake lines, old ones were are cracked and dryed out.

When I got the bike years ago my first adventure on it was a trip to Utah over Memorial Day weekend. I left on Thursday and came back on that Sunday. Well coming back outside of Green River, Utah my front tire went flat. That is enough fun just trying to get the thing to stop safely now isn't it.

Anyway there was no where to get a motorcycle tire fixed, as expected. The thing has mag wheels so breaking them down on the side of the road is more than a trick. So I wound up riding back into Grand Junction with a can of Fix a Flat in the front tire. Well if that wasn't bad enough, the highway had been groved for the last 25 miles to the state line. The thing vibrated so bad the welds on fairing mount cracked.

Oh well thanks for letting me sign up.
Image Attachment :
Image Preview
Suzuki.jpg
  1,022KB (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 233 time(s).

frankie d.
Registered Member

Date Joined Apr 2010

Posted 4/4/2010 10:24 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi , i'm frankie d. from Pa. i've been infatuated with motorcycles as far back as i can remember. So in 2008 at the age of 48, I took the MSF course (i already had my mc endorsement, thats a story for another time)and did very well. I went out bought a 08 Suzuki c50t, started off slow, practiced what i learnde @ MSF, was doing great. Then I ended up in the hospital had 4 surgeries on my legs and could'nt even attempt to ride for over a year.While i was laid up @ home i came across a few motorcycle forums. MCUSA was the forum I would visit most often. Anyway to make a long story short, my doctor said I was fully recouperated and could do what ever I want, so i'm off starting all over again. I am going to take the MSF again as a refresher. While I was laid up I read every inch of this forum over and over again, it is certianly a wealth of information. Hopefully I will eventually be able to add to that. Thank you all for getting me through a real crappy time

frankie d.

bearshark52
Registered Member

Date Joined Apr 2010
Total Posts : 45

Posted 4/8/2010 1:13 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
hello! my name is courtney and i've always wanted to ride a motorcycle. two weeks ago my good friend took me out. it was so awesome! i joined this forum (i think yesterday) to learn more about motorcycles! =] i definitely like the way they look, because my head always turns when i see one!

i'm pretty safety-oriented as i'm an EMT and ATC (certified athletic trainer, en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Athletic_trainer, en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Athletic_training). i'm also graduate student in biomechanics.

i dont have a bike yet. but i currently drive a 2000 civic =] and the sexiest bike i've seen so far is the interceptor.

Easy Rider 2
Central Illinois / Central Florida

Date Joined Dec 2009
Total Posts : 2259

Posted 4/8/2010 7:52 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
bearshark52 said...
 and the sexiest bike i've seen so far is the interceptor.
Forget "sexy". 
Your first bike should be safe and comfortable and boring.
Kind of like a Civic !!  lol

(Sorry, couldn't resist.)

And welcome to the forum. 
This is one of the "tamest" bike forums on the net.

Post Edited (Easy Rider 2) : 4/9/2010 2:55:49 AM GMT

Badboyz
Registered Member

Date Joined Apr 2010

Posted 4/12/2010 12:20 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi all...Im an aussie rider from down under and have been riding since I was 7.  So thats 40 years.  I'm a keen superbike rider and raced in Aus for many years and was part of Team Kawasaki.  I started my career on a Z1R and was lucky to score some bits off Eddie Lawson, which are still in my possession.  I still have my race ZXR750 on a stand in the lounge and I have three Z1Rs which one is currently being restored. I'm planning to ride the US in the next few years so I've come onto this site to get some tips etc.  I'm also chasing some info in regards to a candy apple red Z1R model which was only in the states.  I have all the body kit of one which I purchased off an old drag racer years ago and I need to find out more about the model.  So if anyone can help.  Thanx

Dennydog
Registered Member

Date Joined Feb 2010

Posted 4/17/2010 3:04 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi guys. My name is Dennis. I live in the florida panhandle near pensacola. This looks like a great forum. 

Dennis
07 Suzuki 1250 Bandit

Post Edited (Dennydog) : 4/18/2010 12:14:35 AM GMT

CarePolice
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2010

Posted 4/17/2010 3:50 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Heyo. Guess I should have introduced myself here a while back. Was just in kind of a rush to check out that little Yamaha. My name is Shawn and I live in Aurora, CO. Been looking at getting a bike since I was young, but money has been an issue just as long. Currently I just mob around my friend's Honda CM200. Fun little bike, but I'm looking into a Honda CRF230L. Sweet one at the local bike yard :) Great website, glad to be learning from the best.

bigmoney
Registered Member

Date Joined Apr 2010

Posted 4/21/2010 8:53 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
bigmoney is working on a '72 cb450
started riding in mississippi on a suzuki trs80 dirt bike...have had a bikes off and on since then.
now i am in new york city, ny...well, brooklyn...and just got this rigg that needs some tlc...so i will be asking for advice. though it looks like no one has read this thread since
'05
peace
bigmoney

bigmoney
Registered Member

Date Joined Apr 2010

Posted 4/21/2010 8:54 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
oh...now that i posted that ...all the responses from 2010 came up....could be my computer...anyway....really looking forward to this site
cheers
bigmoney

tnvol
Registered Member

Date Joined Apr 2010
Total Posts : 7

Posted 4/28/2010 11:29 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hello all. New guy from Tennessee here. I've been lurking a while and finally decided to sign up. I ride a Suzuki C90T. Hope to make some friends and learn some stuff! Glad to be here!

snarid
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2010

Posted 5/10/2010 3:57 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
people for me to you question, who can that to know prices at your market of motor cycle of yamaha r1 of 2005-2007.It is necessary very quickly, beforehand thank you.If it is possible write slavasladkih@mail.ru, snarid@ukr.net.

snarid
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2010

Posted 5/10/2010 4:02 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I live in russia.Kiev.

Well Enuff
--- Regaining my sanity --- one ride at time

Date Joined Jul 2006
Total Posts : 1925

Posted 5/14/2010 7:19 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

snarid, here is a quick answer.

From http://www.kbb.com/motorcycle/retail/2005/yamaha

Yamaha YZF-R1 Value

2005 US$6070

2006 US$6600

2007 US$7260

tsan4d
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2010

Posted 5/16/2010 3:51 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Hi all,

Yea I posted my new guy info in the wrong area. Be patient, I will catch on. So as I said in the wrong area, I am a somewhat new rider, previously owning a new 05 Katana. I sold that bike and am currently looking for something like a Kawasaki Vulcan 1500.  This is a pretty cool site, and I am enjoying reading through the forums, learning what I can.

Thanks,

Tom (tsan4d)