Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > General Motorcycle Chat > NEW MEMBERS: Please sign in here.  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
636 posts in this thread.
Viewing Page :

[ | Show Newest Post First ]

Centerforce
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2006
Total Posts : 14

Posted 2/26/2006 2:59 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Name here is Tony and I am located in Georgia.  I currently have a 2006 V-Star 1100 Custom, 2005 V-Star 1100 Silverado, a 2005 V- Star 650 Classic and a 1984 Yamaha YZ490.  I just got a 1980 XR350R that I am redoing from the ground up.  Love to ride, and do it as often as I can.  I am 46 years old and been married for 26 plus years.

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
Dsc02526_640.jpg
  108KB (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 373 time(s).

hdtwice
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Mar 2006
Total Posts : 3

Posted 3/1/2006 11:10 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Hello to all.  I have been rideing for the last 22 years, and have kinda been re born when it comes to rideing.  I am once again finding the pleasures of being a windy county road and I get to share it with my new wife is experiencing all this for her first time.  I am in nor calif. area and do alot of rideing in the wine country  which in on the northwest to me and rideing in the foothills of the gold country which is in the east.  My current ride when I am with my wife is a 95 softail custom.  When I ride solo I usually go on my 85 FXR.

Nice to meet you all.

LawyerChyk
Registered Member

Date Joined Feb 2006
Total Posts : 12

Posted 3/3/2006 4:04 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hey all. Sorry for the belated intro; I've been on the forums for a few weeks now. My name's Ellen. I live in the SF Bay Area with my partner of 9 years and our two Norwegian Elkhounds. We just took up riding, took the MSF class, got our M-1s and have just bought our first bikes: hers is a BMW F650GS Dakar, mine is a V-Star 650 Custom. We live on a former naval shipyard and are very much looking forward to getting out in the wide open parking lots to practice this weekend!

I do want to thank everyone for being such a tremendous resource to newbies like us, for everything from guidance on how to pick a bike to how to fit a helmet. All the guidance is very much appreciated.

gds216
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2006
Total Posts : 26

Posted 3/4/2006 4:06 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
My name is Garrick and I live in the Nashville area, originally from Knoxville, TN. My first bike was a dual-purpose Honda XL80 I rode for about 4 years as a teenager. When I entered the working world, I moved up to a Nighthawk 450 (an excellent bike for a new rider). I sold the 450 to help buy a new car and haven't ridden in about 14 years. Now I have gotten the "itch" to ride again and have began my search for just the right bike. I would like to thank everyone for the all the information and advice. These forums are an invaluable resource for newbie and returning rider alike.

Dieselhead
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2006
Total Posts : 5

Posted 3/5/2006 9:52 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi, I'm Stuart and am resident in the UK. I've owned a CB125, DT125, DT175, XL125, 2 GPZ550's, Triumph Bonnieville, and a Harley 1200 Sportster. I currently ride a Royal Enfield Conversion fitted with a Diesel 350cc engine. I run a website which aims to keep everyone up to date with whats going on regarding the Diesel Powered Motorcycle. It's here if anyone wants to take a peek: www.DieselBike.net
I organise to yearly rally for such machines and regularly ride out to the German Rally.
All the best & Open roads
Stuart

kawboy2106
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2006
Total Posts : 2

Posted 3/8/2006 8:36 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi im John from Ohio and I have a 1995 RF 900R.

Agent Karlito
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2006
Total Posts : 4

Posted 3/9/2006 6:28 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hello

I live in England and ride a 99 Daytona 955i

I've been riding for ten years and I'm tired

ShadowTime
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2006

Posted 3/9/2006 7:38 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hello all, I'm Dave (user name is Layout1) Layout1 comes from my interest in graphics.  I'm riding again after some 25yrs.  went and got me a 2005 Honda Rebel 250....having a blast with excellent mileage and enough speed for me, well almost.  smile  I actually average right around 65 miles per gallon, not sure how many liters that is for those of you on the other side of the pond.  I just checked 3.785 liters per gallon that works out to 17.17 miles per liter...not bad huh.  Since I've been paying about $2.14 per gallon which is $.67 per liter on this side of the pond. Now if I'm doing this right that works out to about, I say about $.039 usd cost per kilometer.  Just a wee bit more in eur $.  Guess we will be seeing each other around the group.  Be safe!

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
PA220041 120x90 tw.jpg
  19KB (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 250 time(s).

mnotr2
Registered Member

Date Joined Feb 2006

Posted 3/10/2006 11:29 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hello everyone, my name is Rob and I am in the Army stationed in Germany. I've been riding off and on since I was 15 (a couple of years ago) and have owned a variety of dirt and street bikes. I recently upgraded from a Vulcan 500LTD to a BMW R-1200C Montauk which I take delivery of next week. See you on the road!

Never accept a "no" answer from someone who lacks the authority to say yes.

nodnarb22
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2006
Total Posts : 38

Posted 3/11/2006 10:11 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hey im brandon from florida. just got my first bike and im waiting for my msf course. already made a semi introduction in the newbie forum. but im happy to have found this site with all the wealth of info. Its nice to see such a group of people more worried about people being informed than other stuff rolleyes  if you know what i mean (egos).

Chris_GS1100
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2006
Total Posts : 16

Posted 3/11/2006 6:31 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hello. My name is Chris. I just bought a 1983 Suzuki GS1100 GK. It's not real pretty right now so I'm not going to post a picture. It's a real "PROJECT" bike. With no headlight (assembly) and mismatched fenders(plastic) it's gonna take some time. Does anyone know of any sites or places I can contact to get some of the items I need? Thanks, Chris

star rider
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2006
Total Posts : 84

Posted 3/11/2006 6:37 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi all. New to the site and it looks like a friendly place to hang out and correspond with some cool people.
I live in southern NH and have been riding for about 4 years. My current bike is a 2003 V Star 1100 which I've been having a blast riding and customizing.

Leo

911Radioman
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2005

Posted 3/13/2006 3:58 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi everybody. My name is Tom and I'm near Louisville, Kentucky. I am a Fire/EMS dispatcher working the graveyard shift, so if anyone is up during the night, you'll probably see me online at times. Been lurking here for a while and figured I'd come out from the shadows and try to be as active as possible on the boards!

I ride a 2002 Suzuki Savage, and have been riding for about a year now. Always wanted a bike, but guess I waited until I hit 40 to have my "mid life crisis", as my wife likes to call it. :D Reckon the important thing is that I finally took the plunge, did the MSF course thing and am now enjoying being on two wheels...

Here is a picture of my ride if anyone is interested...

Post Edited (911Radioman) : 3/13/2006 11:03:39 PM GMT

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
100_0712 (Small).jpg
  98KB (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 306 time(s).

dietDrThunder
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2006
Total Posts : 1

Posted 3/15/2006 7:01 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi all! My name is Dave, and I'm a bikeaholic. My parents wouldnt' let me have bikes when I was a kid, so the day I turned 18, I went bike shopping, and 2 days later I was the proud owner of a 1978 Honda Hawk 400...and I haven't looked back since. I'm 38 now, and while I don't currently have a streetbike, sport touring is my thing when street riding. Ever since seeing my first road race at 19, I've dreamed of racing myself, and last year I finally did it. Here's a link to a pic of me in my first-ever race at Nashville, on my FZR400...

...and for this year, I've bought an 03 R6 to race (see pic in sig). I haven't abandoned street riding though, as I still love it as much as ever. I'm thinking of maybe a Buell Ulysses or the new ZX14, if hard bags are doable...we shall see.  I currently live in Louisville, KY, but I'm no my way to Nashville shortly for a new job. Thanks for letting me hang around!

Dave Arkle
WERA Nov. #30
DoD #11011

PowerG
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2006
Total Posts : 1248

Posted 3/17/2006 5:10 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi everybody, my name is Gerry and I live in southern Mississippi. I've been riding for over 30 years, currently on a V-Star Classic after several years of sport bikes. Great forum!

'05 V-Star Classic

sportsluvr
Registered Member

Date Joined Dec 2005
Total Posts : 231

Posted 3/21/2006 9:19 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Sportsluvr checking in late. The name is 'Podi' and I have made my home in SF bay area since '83.
Took up riding this past December because I like challenges and settled for a cheap '82 Honda FT500
Ascot because my two sons in college eat up most of my pay!

So, greetings to ya'll.

Motorcyle Mitsui
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2006
Total Posts : 15

Posted 3/21/2006 10:40 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
New member: Motorcyle Mitsui (yep mispelled)

Motorcycle: 1989 Suzuki Katana 600 - affectionately called the moped (so I have heard).

Recently passed the MSF 2-23-06

So far have gone 240 miles, 20 hours riding, and love every second of it.

I currently have an affinity with riding early on Saturday and Sunday mornings (gettnig up at 6 am and cruising for about 5 hours or so). I travel where my heart desires and listen to my instincts to stay away from areas I feel are to dangerous to ride near.

Mostly use my motorcycle for commuting to and from work (saves gas on the Exxon Valdez cager).

Motorcyle Mitsui - age 34

Cyber Geek - enough said

Motorcycle enthusiast hopeful

1989 Suzuki Katana 600

Cway
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2006

Posted 3/23/2006 12:31 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Hello everyone I am in the military. I am currently deployed. I own two motorcycles my first is a 79 Triumph Bonneville 750 and my second is 05 Harley Davidson 1200 Sportster R. I live in Moyock NC. I have questions but really don't know where to begin any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Cway

Stiltsy
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2006

Posted 3/25/2006 10:45 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi I am Gerry and just discovered the site while reading an old bruiser cruiser article. I have only been riding
for a couple summers. I live in Michigan and the season is not long enough. I am riding a 75 honda cb 500T
and have learned a lot about safety. Since I've been riding I have become a much more aware driver.
I have a couple kids in college now so a bigger bike is on the way back burner. Its been hard searching for that perfect next bike. I am 6'4" and don't fit on most bikes. I like the knaked bikes and cruisers but don't like my knees above the tank. I've test drove a triumph Tiger which is a good fit. I even got up the nerve to ride the Rocket III
(still can't get the smile off my face ) I was surprised how it handled for being so wide. It is fun if you respect
its acceleration. Have not really read any articles about how it is as a 2up touring steed. This is about the most you'll here from me. I'm mainly a reader. Gerry

Mpizzle
Frances the Mute

Date Joined Mar 2005
Total Posts : 105

Posted 3/25/2006 11:34 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
My name is Matt, I am 20 years old currently attending college full time at Western Washington University in Bellingham, Washington.

I've been riding oficially for 2 years now (parents never supported it, so I had to wait till I was 18) and have owned 2 bikes. First was a white and red 1988 Kawasaki Ninja ex500 which I loved to death, but sadly wrecked. I was out of the world of motorcycles for about 6 months during recovery from a fractured pelvis and broken ankle. Currently I own a classic, 1980 Yamaha Maxim xj650 Inline 4 which I restored to running condition myself last summer. About to sell it and inherit an ex250 which I am planning to use as a street fighter project. This summer I am hoping to look into either an Fz6 or another Ex500.

I love street, standards and cruisers all alike, basically anything w/ 2 wheels.

GaijinJapBike
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2006
Total Posts : 14

Posted 3/27/2006 1:43 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Shows how well I follow directions, I already posted in another room
I'm Nick, I've been riding for about 7 years now and I'm in the market for a used bike. I'm looking at either an 85 yamaha fj600 or an 86 fz600. I'n my other post in 'sport bikes' I have a question about these two bikes. If anyone can help, it would be appreciated.

Starting Late
Registered Member

Date Joined Nov 2005
Total Posts : 152

Posted 3/28/2006 6:38 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I'm checking in late here ...

My name is Nick, been riding for about five months, started with a Honda Spree (lol), went and took the MSF, and then went to a Suzi DR125SE, and quickly decided on a Kawi KLR650. ~1500 total miles so far.

I live in the SF Bay Area, 38 yo, a computer programmer by trade.

I love every minute of this hobby, and should start commuting shortly!

Better late than never
2005 KLR 650 
2003 Bajaj Legend (scooter)

dyn2crg
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2006
Total Posts : 7

Posted 3/29/2006 8:12 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
 Hi every body my name is Ryan I live in Bloomington, Indiana.  Spent 5years in Colorado and moved back home in 2003.  Bikes I've had 1992 Vulcan 750, 1994 Superhawk, 1994 Magna , 1997 Fatboy, 1999 Road King .  I have a 2001 KX 250 and a 2002 TTR 225 and Yesterday I picked up my new Baby... 2006 Violet Blue Suzuki M109R.. It's bad!!!

mechanical_daddy
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2006

Posted 3/30/2006 11:04 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
hi im greg, not much for the whole itroduce myself thing but.... i ride an 81 suzuki gs 850 its like a dark red. love my bike and like to talk about it.

BikerBeagle
Registered Member

Date Joined Apr 2006
Total Posts : 32

Posted 4/6/2006 4:20 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Greetings and salutations! My name is Larry, but you can call me Larry ...haha, I'm a laugh riot! Technically, I'm not a rider yet, but I have enrolled for my MST course in May and hope to buy a Kawasaki Vulcan 900LT in a few months ...which would, coincidentally, be right around my 40th birthday in July. (Just don't tell my wife ...it's a surprise birthday present)

I've been reading these forums for a couple of weeks now, almost every thread on about the first 8 or so pages of every section (...but I don't have the 'bug' ...no way, I can give this up ANYtime!), so I thought I would go ahead and register and ask some stupid questions.

I guess I'll be seeing you all on the boards!