Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > General Motorcycle Chat > NEW MEMBERS: Please sign in here.  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
636 posts in this thread.
Viewing Page :

[ | Show Newest Post First ]

Treefort
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jan 2006
Total Posts : 2468

Posted 4/6/2006 5:21 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I've been posting here for a while but never saw the 'new sign in' sticky until recently. I am 23 years old and in the process of resurrecting a 1982 Yamaha Seca as some of you know from the posts of mine that you have replied to. I'm all for extra credit points, and would be more than happy to plug the members of this forum for the invaluable help and sense of community that they provide.

War may sometimes be a necessary evil. But no matter how necessary, it is always an evil, never a good. We will not learn how to live together in peace by killing each other's children.

Jimmy Carter

Gregster
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Apr 2006
Total Posts : 6

Posted 4/7/2006 1:43 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
      Hello everybody,this is Gregster I have 2 Motercycles M109R - Boulevard  & a Kaw. 1500 Mean Streak. I'm selling my cow, because I like the Bully better. Its the hot rod cruiser I've been looking for.  Its over 3 sec. qiucker then the wanabee meanie 1500 threw the 1/4 mile about 13 car lenths I could'nt believe it lol.  I'm going to have alot more fun this year hehehe :)  Gregster                    Notice both have custum led blinkers.........cleans up the back :)

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
sturgis 2004 114.jpg
  366KB (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 535 time(s).
Image Attachment :
Image Preview
sturgis 2004 115.jpg
  355KB (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 1292 time(s).

Ratslash7
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2006
Total Posts : 88

Posted 4/8/2006 7:57 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi,

I've made several posts already. Guess it's time to introduce myself.

I'm Dave. My handle on forums like this is Ratslash7. This name refers to my Rat/Cafe bike which is a 1980 BMW R100/7. My other bike is my lovely 1984 BMW R100RT. It's a sweetheart.

I have 27 years of experience riding street bikes and well over 30 years total motorcycle experience. I've had 9 motorcycles in my life and have spent considerable time in the saddle of many more. I took the MSF course. I've made mistakess. I'm lucky to be alive.

I'm a recovering alcoholic/drug addict. These things do not mix with bikes. Somehow I lived through it. I hope my years of experience can help some of the new motorcyclists out there.

I hope I can learn from some of those who have more experience than me and those that have had experiences that I haven't.

Here's the scoots.

My name is dave and i'm a bikeoholic.

Dave

BMWr100/7 1980 (Rat-Cafe)

BMW R100RT 1984 (The Traveler)

Got Gummikuh?

RestoRide
Registered Member

Date Joined Apr 2006
Total Posts : 756

Posted 4/12/2006 3:32 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi everyone! My name is Ray and I am another middle aged noobie. Same story as some here, strict parental opposition to motorcycles (WWII vet Dad and lawyer mom). Out of respect for the folks, I didn't pursue my interest in bikes until a couple years ago after they were gone. I did sneak in some dirtbike time back in the late 70's but not much more experience. I did keep my secret subscriptions to the bike mags through all those years hoping for "some day". I have attended training classes, read everything I could lay my hands on and am riding every chance I get. I also like all things mechanical (old watches, engines, aircraft, etc.) and am a fairly accomplished machinist. I have built barstock engines and parts for antique machinery when spares were unavailable. I purchased a 100th anniversary V-Rod out of lust, but won't ride it until I am ready (which may take a long time). I currenly ride an '05 BMW Dakar, '68 BSA 441 and some 70's Yamaha Enduros. I am in the process of completely restoring (nuts and bolts) another old BSA. I came across this forum almost by accident from an external link. It is awfully nice to see a group of people that are not so quick to judgement as everyone else around me seems to be. YES, I KNOW this *may* be part of a midlife crisis but, then again, better at mid-life than never. I did my first drop about a week after training... brain wandered and I popped an unintended wheelie from a dead stop when I "remembered" to *dump* the clutch to get rid of all that noise the wide open throttle was causing... DUH! I almost pulled it off except for the ditch I rode the wheelie across... cracked ribs reminded me for months of **LESSON 1**: Keep your mind on what you are doing and, if your concerns at the time are such that you can't... take up checkers.

cassidy
Registered Member

Date Joined Apr 2006
Total Posts : 3

Posted 4/14/2006 4:18 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Whats up everyone, im from orange county, and I just started riding bikes. My friend and counsin got me into this dream world.  The first time I got on a bike I was sold.  SO I went and bought a used 03 zx636r,  I dont know much about the bike, or any bikes in general, but I am very fasinated with riding and learning more about riding.   Well thats all, thanks for the chance to meet more Riders! woo!

Minion 444
Registered Member

Date Joined Apr 2006
Total Posts : 403

Posted 4/16/2006 11:40 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi, My Name is David. I live in Central NJ. Just picked up my new ride yesterday a Star Stratoliner Midnight. I find the forum intresting and informative. Please make sure you check out some of the podcasts on motorcycling. No this is not an advertisement. I do not podcast, but am an advent listener for the past 2 years. Shawn King a member here, has a great one called. "Your Bike Life."

May your ride be filled with curves and blue sky!

ShawnKing
Registered Member

Date Joined Dec 2005
Total Posts : 366

Posted 4/16/2006 6:05 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Minion 444 said...
Hi, My Name is David.

Welcome David!

Minion 444 said...
I live in Central NJ. Just picked up my new ride yesterday a Star Stratoliner Midnight.

Nice bike - post pics!

Minion 444 said...
I do not podcast, but am an advent listener for the past 2 years. Shawn King a member here, has a great one called. "Your Bike Life."

LOL Thanks for the plug :) and glad you enjoy the podcasts.

Shawn King
Host/Executive Producer
Your Bike Life
http://www.yourbikelife.com
2005 Yamaha Royal Star Tour Deluxe

Kappy331
Registered Member

Date Joined Apr 2006
Total Posts : 2

Posted 4/18/2006 3:19 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hey Everybody,

My name is Josh, I have a blue and white 05 gsxr 750 that was stolen april 17th in towson. Im looking for any details, advice, news or help I can get. The bike is missing a left mirror, has flush mounts, fender eliminator, and some scratches on both sides.
Liscence plate: 744 MAO
Cell: 443-610-7200
Email: dnmaxs2@juno.com
Keep your eyes open. I appreciate your help!
Thanks.

Pyrplhaze
Registered Member

Date Joined Nov 2005
Total Posts : 82

Posted 4/18/2006 8:15 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hello all,

I have been registered for a while, and just saw this thread...

I am Josh, 23 years old, been riding for 3 1/2 years, Houston TX area resident. U.S. Army 2002-2005, now am a soph. in college
2003 v-star 650, no mods except Hard Krome 2.5" American Classic Straights.

This is a good place.

-Josh

2003 V-Star 650--"Purple Haze"

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
IMG_0300.jpg
  993KB (image/jpeg)
This image has been viewed 285 time(s).

3Kaws
Registered Member

Date Joined Apr 2006
Total Posts : 2

Posted 4/19/2006 4:47 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Just registered here. Obviously there is a pretty diverse group of riders here.cool
I'm a 51 y/o transplanted Texan that got back into motorcycling after an 18-year absence.
It's funny how life works sometimes. I've always been a Honda guy but here I am with 3 Kawasakis!smile
Anyway, just wanted to say Hi to everyone, and hopefully I can put into this forum at least a fraction of what I will get from it.yeah
Jim

1974 Kawasaki Z1A Streetfighter (build in progress)
1998 Kawasaki ZX11
2001 Kawasaki ZR-7S

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
DSCF0009.JPG
  117KB (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 445 time(s).
Image Attachment :
Image Preview
ZR Leftside.JPG
  23KB (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 331 time(s).
Image Attachment :
Image Preview
DSCF0002.JPG
  337KB (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 298 time(s).

Honda tech
Registered Member

Date Joined Apr 2006
Total Posts : 65

Posted 4/20/2006 7:49 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
My name is Lou ,I live in Nortern Indiana. I am the lead Motorcycle Tec at B&E Honda in Valparaiso.I have been wrenching ( at the dealership level)and riding for 30 years.I am currantly riding a Honda Vt800 shadow but hope to upgrade soon and chop the 800

Justyna
Registered Member

Date Joined Apr 2006
Total Posts : 3

Posted Today 11:11 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hallo! I am Justina from Gdańsk in Poland. Motorcycles are my passion... I have been riding since 5 years on Honda CB 750, and I am looking for Honda CBR 600 RR :) I am 23 yars old.

mysterious george
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2006
Total Posts : 6

Posted 5/1/2006 11:04 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
hi my name is george. i found your forums today and read some great info and links. so i decided to join as i do need some help. i've ridden various bikes starting from a cimatti 50cc moped to a late 60's yahmaha 80cc 3speed scooter to a 1972 dt 250 to a 1971 honda cb350 which i sold. now i have this 1972 cl 450 sitting here but now it wont start! so i hope to get some help with that here. i also have a 1964 suzuki K12 80cc 4 speed but it runs ruff. and something is wrong with the clutch. i am interested in getting a new bike, to know what it feels like. but they are expensive. i like enduros, i am in a band, i live play and ride in suburbs of nyc area. i will try to post a pic

Post Edited (mysterious george) : 5/1/2006 6:13:33 PM GMT

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
rightside.jpg
  92KB (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 310 time(s).
Image Attachment :
Image Preview
leftsideclose.jpg
  83KB (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 296 time(s).

olderigetfasteriwas
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2006
Total Posts : 1

Posted 5/2/2006 3:43 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi, I am from Arizona. Ride a new Concours but have owned several and have been riding 35 years.

Ride safe.

knighter
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2006

Posted 5/3/2006 12:46 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi my name is John. I live in LA and I ride a ninja. It's nice to meet you all.

nematode RR
Registered Member

Date Joined Apr 2006
Total Posts : 37

Posted 5/3/2006 10:15 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hello, my real name is Dan, I'm 49 and live in the Bay Area.
I've been riding since high school, and my scooter is about the most exciting thing I've had between my legs since high school....

You can see my Honda collection, the 650 Dual Purpose needs more excercise but I enjoy her tons when I get on the dirt.
The CBR1000RR is a 2004 and has about 15K miles on her.
She's a scooter all right...she scoots real well...

I have lived long enough and been lucky enough to ride a lot of places and enjoyed almost everyone.

I have ridden a Vespa in Taipei....and after that....the racetrack(yawn....) just doesn't seem that exciting anymore....lol...

Got to ride in the Alps for about a week a couple years back.
Wow.

I have been reading this forum for a long time now, and I finally got around to saying hi. 
Regards,
nematodeRR
(Dan)

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
Bikes.jpg
  143KB (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 360 time(s).

DipperDoo
Playground Practice Makes Perfect

Date Joined Aug 2004
Total Posts : 137

Posted 5/5/2006 6:15 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hmm, well, I've been a new member for a while, but I suppose I could sign in now.

My name's Mark. My screen name, DipperDoo, is from my dog Little Dipper. She's a Australian Cattle Dog/Shephard/Collie and she'll do 0-30mph in about 1.5 seconds to chase squirrels.

I've been around the country and world with the Navy as a submarine officer, now I've got my master's degree in naval architecture (no, I don't design belly buttons, I engineer ships to float upright), and I'm going back to work for the Navy as a civilian in the D.C. area.

I started out on an inherited R1, and lived long enough to sell it last year, partly due the good tips on this forum. I'm now looking at buying a cruiser for my fiancee and a smaller sport/standard bike for me, mostly for commuting. Taking the MSF course was a must for both me and my fiancee.

Peace-
Mark
Image Attachment :
Image Preview
Dipper.JPG
  633KB (image/jpeg)
This image has been viewed 363 time(s).

ZIMTAPPZ
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2006

Posted 5/6/2006 12:56 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
hi everyone my name is TAPPZ I live in Michigan, East lansing to be exact, I have finally decided to get a bike with one year of college left I have started looking into which bike to get to learn on I will interning with an accounting firm this summer and so will be saving money for my bike. I plan to take my MSF class during the fall as it is offered right here at Michigan state, hell i could see the parking lot from my economics class. i plan on buying my bike in the dead of winter i gather they are cheaper then and plan on getting either a GS500, Ninja 250/500 or a SV650. I stand 6'3' 240.
I have order a few books that have been recommended my members on here and I am looking to take a motor cycle maintenance class on Sundays during the summer. these boards are a wealth of info and questions i had i thought might be viewed as stupid have already been asked and answered by very helpful members i an trying to be a sponge on here thank you guys for proving me with this invaluable resource

TAPPZ 

moondog
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2006
Total Posts : 5

Posted 5/8/2006 7:11 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
hi my name is gord, i am 29 yrs. old from kelowna b.c. Canada, i ride a 97 gsxr 750

Dr. Evil
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2006
Total Posts : 18

Posted 5/8/2006 11:43 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi!  My name is Dave and I've lived in central WI most of my 38 years.  Bought my first bike last spring.  Her name is Miss Evil and she is an '04 Yamaha Road Star Warrior.  I've made several mods myself to make her unique.  After browsing around a bit, I decide to register since there seems to be a nice camaraderie amongst the members here.

wildwolf
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2006
Total Posts : 99

Posted 5/10/2006 9:25 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi, Roger here. Go by 'wildwolf' as if you couldn't tell by the name/bike.
I'm in Northern Alabama.

Ride a 1999 Suzuki VS800 Intruder with a custom 6 gallon tank.

CHACHAMOOBY
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2006
Total Posts : 5

Posted 5/10/2006 6:33 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Greetings all, I'm AJ and I have an '02 FZ1. Like this site because of the variety of riders who respectfully interact here.
Hope my experiences can be of some help.

scooter reflex
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2006
Total Posts : 124

Posted 5/13/2006 9:18 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
My daughter showed this sight called photobucket, from the above it looks like even an old dog can learn a new trick or two!                                                                                                                          
Like a number of others it took me a while to figure out that is where I should have started. So here's my intro:
My names Jim and I live in the Portland Or. area. I'm 46 (47 in about 2 weekssmhair ). I've only owned two rides, the scooter I just bought and an old Honda Dream 165cc(?) that I bought the summer I was 19. Rode that little bike all summer until I killed it and ,honestly , almost myself. Short story; teeboned another bike that turned right in front of me, no time to react, just enjoy the show, things really do slow down when you think your going to die. Anyway, I shot off over the handlebars, hit the pavement spread eagle at about 40-45 mph, no helmet, bounced about 2-3 ft in the air and ended up in fetal position in a ditch. I walked away from it, slowly, and was even able to limp the bike 30 miles home on a bent front rim and no clutch. I gave what was left of it to a friend of mine and tried to tell myself I was never going to ride again(BTW-the other guy was fine, he saw me and put his foot down and let the bike he was on go).
That was 1978. And that little voice that reminds how much fun it was to ride got together with the bigger voice that rants about $3 for a $#%$@%$# gallon of gas and two weeks later, with the guarded blessing of my wife of 24 years, I'm the proud (yes I did say proud) owner of an 04 Honda Reflex. I call it my midlife crisis on a budget.
Raz if you must, but I love it.

Post Edited (scooter reflex) : 5/13/2006 5:12:29 PM GMT

scooter reflex
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2006
Total Posts : 124

Posted 5/14/2006 4:25 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Ratslash7 said...
Hi,

I've made several posts already. Guess it's time to introduce myself.

yeah That one I like! No bling, just sting. Beautiful!

84HondaNighthawk
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2006
Total Posts : 4

Posted 5/16/2006 6:26 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Yeah, hi its Mike here. I'm a long time listener, first time caller. Well, I just managed to bring my 84 Honda Nighthawk 750sc back to life with black magic and chicken bones. I just heard the beautiful sound of it firing up today. It hasn't been the same since the accident... Anyway, I'm a fairly new rider, but hope to have many years left to come. All right that's all I got. Sorry no picture, but my 84 Honda Nighthawk 750 is of the red variety. Its seat is a little messed up with rips in it and the fork seals are leaking a little, but she's still a beaut. Hope that paints a pretty picture for you.