Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > General Motorcycle Chat > NEW MEMBERS: Please sign in here.  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
636 posts in this thread.
Viewing Page :

[ | Show Newest Post First ]

Fighting_Falcon
Kawasaki ZX-6R

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined May 2006
Total Posts : 6

Posted 5/17/2006 12:57 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
My first post...I've been lurking for a few months and finally decided to join today. My friend got me really interested in motorcycles three years ago and I finally got around to taking the MSF course last July, which fully convinced me (as if I needed anymore convincing) to get a bike. My first bike ever (a blue Kawasaki ZX-6R) is being delivered from the dealer tomorrow and my gear should be delivered today. But my helmet is on back-order and won't be here until next Wednesday.....bah. I'm gonna see if I can pick one up tomorrow because I know that once the bike gets here, I'm gonna wanna ride right away.

When I'm not thinking/dreaming about motorcycles, I can be found paintballing, working or training to join the world's greatest Air Force. That's me :-)

I'll attach a picture of my bike tomorrow.

"I recognize no obligations toward men except one: to respect their freedom and to take no part in a slave society." Ayn Rand

Post Edited (Fighting_Falcon) : 5/23/2006 10:21:53 PM GMT

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
1.JPG
  313KB (image/jpeg)
This image has been viewed 366 time(s).
Image Attachment :
Image Preview
IMG_2423.JPG
  632KB (image/jpeg)
This image has been viewed 339 time(s).

Bassinbiker
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2006
Total Posts : 11

Posted 5/19/2006 8:04 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi My name is Bob and I live in Oak Harbor, Ohio, just a spit from lake Erie.  I have been riding for about 3 years a lot more in the last year since I retired.  I'm riding a C50 around north west Ohio to all the lakes and ponds that I can find.  I have been reading this forum for quite a while now.  It is just great  answered some of my questions.  If this works you can see  my ride.  Under the flag is a Berkley two piece IM-8  rod.  Quantum reel and tackle box are in the bag.  Ride safe

Every Day in Every Way We get Better and Better

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
bike 005.jpg
  466KB (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 328 time(s).

LoneStarR6
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2006
Total Posts : 1

Posted 5/19/2006 11:57 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi
My name is Trung Tran, live in Rowlett, TX and just got a R6 for few days, took the MC training course, learned a lot from it.
I have been reading this board for few days, enjoy to read and learned a lot from here.
Thanks everyone for they input on this board.
Trung

number77
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2006

Posted 5/21/2006 8:20 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi, I am number77 and I am here to learn about engines.

Rennsau
Naked Bikes in Seattle!

Date Joined Sep 2005
Total Posts : 58

Posted 5/22/2006 4:43 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Holla! My name is Teresa aka Rennsau (Racepig in German), from Seattle. I just bought a new Fizzy (Yamaha FZ1)! I own a vegetarian cafe, but right now it is not open, as someone bought the building I was leasing, and pretty much kicked me out, so he can tear the building down for new condos!  I am taking my time looking for a new location, and thinking about whether I should re-open or not.  I commute on my motorcycle every day, no matter what the weather is like.  The only time you'll see me drive the car, is when I need to take my doggies to the park, or have too much stuff to carry in the bike bags.
This is the first pic of me with my new bike.  I bought it Saturday night and went on a 250 mile ride with my club on Sunday morning.

Aus der Bahn und tschüss!

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
Teresa and new Fizzy!.JPG
  722KB (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 356 time(s).

Nash1krr
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2006
Total Posts : 3

Posted 5/23/2006 5:32 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hello to everyone! My name is Kevin and I ride an '06 CBR 1000rr. Picked it up recently after being away from riding since my mid 20's (only 10+ years)and I'm excited to be back in the saddle. I teach English at a  South Jersey high schiool and am really looking forward to this summer! I need a break from the kids!

Ivæn
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2006
Total Posts : 17

Posted 5/24/2006 11:06 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi everyone! My name is Ivan, I'm a 29 year-old rider from Mexico who loves sports touring and riding in general. I've been riding motorcycles for about four years now and sports bikes are my pick, always. My current ride is a 91 Gixxer 750 that I got real cheap and with a few mods last year. I'm a teacher, I teach English in my country but I would love to travel to California or New Mexico to join a group of motorcyclists there and spend some time before heading to Canada, another country I'd like to know and live in. I'll try to post pictures as soon as I can. :-)

BlueFrogs
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2006
Total Posts : 55

Posted 5/28/2006 6:37 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi. I'm Charlie from Las Vegas. MSF graduate.

:)

Doc Storm
B.A.C.A. San Antonio Chapter Secretary

Date Joined May 2006

Posted 5/30/2006 8:29 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Hi, Doc from San Antonio, TX

I'm a member of Bikers Against Child Abuse, and an Emergency Medical Technician.

Doc Storm
Bikers Against Child Abuse
B.A.C.A. San Antonio Chapter
Secretary

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
Doc and Bike.JPG
  500KB (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 311 time(s).

Cycledreams
Registered Member

Date Joined Jun 2006
Total Posts : 11

Posted 6/5/2006 12:19 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hello everyone,

I just love to ride and wish I had the chance to experience riding every cycle made. Started riding October 2004 on a Honda Shadow 750. I have 41,000 miles logged riding in a 70 mile radius. I enjoy reading the post and registered because I see there's a lot of knowledge to gain here from experienced riders. I haven't seen a motorcycle I didn't like. When I see cycles I imagine the ride it gives from the mini's to the baggers. I chose my Honda because it was least expensive and experienced riders said it was a good dependable cycle for starters. I'm always in my leather when riding and practice my motor skills at least monthly. I'm looking forward to learn and participate in my first-ever forum.

Bruce
"Cycledreams"

Stevis
Registered Member

Date Joined Jun 2006
Total Posts : 12

Posted 6/7/2006 6:55 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi there,

I just purchased a 1995 Suzuki Intruder VS800 as my first bike and can't wait to pick it up this weekend. I took and passed the MSF course back in January and had a blast riding. I'm from the Northern VA area and am looking forward to riding my bike daily on my 6 mile commute to work.
Image Attachment :
Image Preview
2f_1.JPG
  38KB (image/jpeg)
This image has been viewed 263 time(s).
Image Attachment :
Image Preview
cc_1.JPG
  39KB (image/jpeg)
This image has been viewed 271 time(s).

Guzzi face
Muffler scratched Daytona rider (once)

Date Joined Jun 2006
Total Posts : 115

Posted 6/9/2006 6:36 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi there everybuddy!!

My name is Valentino, and i'm an italian biker. I hope to enjoy talking about motorbikes together.
Sorry not to have any image of me to post.

Bye

lg2312
Registered Member

Date Joined Jun 2006

Posted 6/15/2006 4:25 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi All!
Great great forum, thanks!
My name is Lisa/45/Indianapolis
I currently ride an 83 750 Shadow. Been riding about 27 years; took about a 5 year break. Mostly, I have had Honda's, but last year I had a Ninja...wow, what a change!
I got this bike in February, and I am torn between a new Shadow next year or completely restoring this one. I am kind of fond of the first year shadow, and can't wait for those "antique" plates I can get next year!
Anyway, wanted to duck my head in and say hello, and say thanks for all the inforrmative and entertaining info on this board!

thefur
Registered Member

Date Joined Jun 2006

Posted 6/15/2006 10:07 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi, I am new to the board. I moved to California from Boston last year. Sold my motorcycle in Boston (a Suzuki Marauder 800) and just bought a brand new 2006 Kawasaki Mean Streak 1600. I am looking forward to exploring my new state on two wheels. I am hoping to meet some riding buddies, as my wife has zero interest. I am in the Sacramento area.

Thanks for making this board available.

-Bill

Trisha
Registered Member

Date Joined Jun 2006
Total Posts : 4

Posted 6/19/2006 11:01 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi, I'm newly registered but have been frequenting the forum as a guest for months.

The forum that I had been a member of recently went down so, here I am.

I am an older rider and ride an 03 Honda Rebel since purchasing it new.

Happy to be here. Trisha

Please Ride Sober and Safe.

BruceAP
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2006
Total Posts : 15

Posted 6/20/2006 2:45 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Ok, hello everyone.

Since I have not introduced myself yet, my name is Bruce and I am from Houston, Tx.  I rode dirt bikes and a duel purpose bike some 20 years ago. I bought my black cherry and raven Stratoliner S in December 05. I bought the first one the dealer received, I had the deal done before it had arrived.

I am very happy with my choice and the dealer I bought it from. I now have 6000 miles on it and could not be more pleased. If this works here is a picture of my bike taken on Rt.335 outside of Bandera Tx.

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
7615.jpg
  120KB (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 238 time(s).

the big dog
Registered Member

Date Joined Jun 2006
Total Posts : 20

Posted 6/28/2006 12:32 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Thought I would make my introduction formally now. Sort of did it in the Product review section.

Screen name is Big Dog because that's what my crew labled me some years ago. Has nothing to do with size or my bike choice. A position thing at work that stuck. I ride a 2003 Harley (please don't hold that against me all you rice guys) FLSTCI, Heritage Classic which I bought new. I have over 10k logged on this bike all two up riding. My wife and I are leaving CT. this weekend for Pa. on our first bike vacation and hope we don't encounter the rain we've all had the pleasure of this past week on the East Coast.

I came to this site because I was looking for some information on a bike cover which could be used on this trip and because my best tips have always been from the Goldwing guys who ride in anything. Hung around for a while and decided this site was more to my liking than some of those Harley only sites. Just can't take all the cyber tough guy because I ride a Harley stuff anymore. I ride a Harley because I always wanted one and now I can. No other reason. I'm at the tail end of 54 years old and have nothing to prove to anyone any more. I started riding motorcycles in 1971 on a Yamaha DT100 Enduro. Owned and rode Kawasaki's 440LTD, 750 twin LTD, and a LTD1000 through the 70's and 80's during the gas lines era. Quit riding, raised my kids and sent them to college. 4 grandkids later I can now ride with my life long best friend, my wife of over 34 yrs two up which we both enjoy.

Nice site, I'll try to contibute when I can but mostly just lurk.

Mike

louemc
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 17483

Posted 6/28/2006 12:42 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Glad you joined the site Mike, Sounds like you have a great background that will fit in real well. It will be nice to get your perspective on things, So.. Welcome :-)

Focus the forces, Be The Force

Hakman
Registered Member

Date Joined Jun 2006
Total Posts : 4

Posted 6/29/2006 11:23 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi, I'm Peter. I live in Holland, have been riding bikes on and off for the last 30 years. Mostly BMW's, but I seem to want to ride sportier as the years go by. In the picture you see my VTR1000SP-2, in the USA known as the RC51. Great bike. Honda doesn't build them anymore mad

Post Edited (Hakman) : 6/29/2006 6:27:11 PM GMT

KT
Registered Member

Date Joined Jul 2006
Total Posts : 2

Posted 7/1/2006 6:47 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi all im KT from the Central Florida area and im completely new to riding. I am riding here and there for now with work and all. I have 81 Yamaha 650 which at this point is serving me well. It gets around and riding. I have a few friends who have been riding for a while now and they finally got in to this. I was just surfing around when i found this site and would love to chat with others in general.

It seems to be a very informative site and i think ill enjoy my stay. Ill step down now. Thanks for your time..

hahahaha

iowagander
Registered Member

Date Joined Jun 2006
Total Posts : 7

Posted 7/4/2006 1:35 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hey all, great forum you've got going here! I'm Tom, 25 from Iowa looking to get my first bike this summer. I've wanted one ever since I was a kid and the wife finally gave me the thumbs up, so hopefully I'll be able to get into an MSF course and on a bike soon. Safe riding everyone!

iowagander
Registered Member

Date Joined Jun 2006
Total Posts : 7

Posted 7/4/2006 1:35 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hey all, great forum you've got going here! I'm Tom, 25 from Iowa looking to get my first bike this summer. I've wanted one ever since I was a kid and the wife finally gave me the thumbs up, so hopefully I'll be able to get into an MSF course and on a bike soon. Safe riding everyone!

Klockwork
Registered Member

Date Joined Jul 2006

Posted 7/5/2006 1:13 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hello everyone!  My name is Cary (male) aka Klockwork.  I usually only use message boards for other interests like music but thought I should be doing this will ALL my interests. idea

I ride a Yamaha V-Star Classic 650.  It's my first bike and I'm going on 3 years.  I live in Minneapolis so unfortunately I can't ride year-round.  Just here lookin' to possibly meet local riders and just talk about the greatest past-time/sport/activity on the planet. :D

xscessive
Registered Member

Date Joined Jul 2006
Total Posts : 2

Posted 7/5/2006 3:13 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Greeting to all. Found this site while cruising for info on my aging '75DT400. Been ridin scoots for 40+years. Started on a ex-rental Suzuki 100. Thru the years I have owned a mess of bikes from Hondas, Kawasakis, Nortons, Laverdas and my current rig, a '80 full dress XS1100g. Its hung around the longest and has been a faithful steed. The DT was my desert racing rig for years and I am just now dredging it from the bowels of the garage and getting it up and running again, much to my wifes dismay. Told her I wasn't gonna race it, just ride it. (Secret super-motard project:p )

Ada Ada
Psychedelic Relic

Date Joined Jul 2006
Total Posts : 297

Posted 7/6/2006 2:10 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Hy! My name's not important, it was the first thing that popped into my head when I was registering.  It goes back to a character in Little Lulu comics from when I was a child.  I love riding bikes when I can get a break from having to count my money. That doesn't leave much time.

I like all bikes and brands, sport bikes, cruisers and standards and Japanese and Eurpoean and American and I've have had most types at one time or 'nother.

I live in the Midwest but my heart's in Berkeley, CA and my soul's in Rio, Brasil.