Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > General Motorcycle Chat > NEW MEMBERS: Please sign in here.  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
636 posts in this thread.
Viewing Page :

[ | Show Newest Post First ]

V-Star 1300
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jul 2006
Total Posts : 17

Posted 7/9/2006 7:14 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi All,
I Rode many years ago and just last May my wife said lets get some scooters, so I found 2 used Honda Elite 80s. We have 900 + miles on them now. We are retired and enjoying life. I took the MSC just to get a refresher course. I also just ordered a Yamaha Vstar 1300 Tourer 10 days ago in red color. Now I can't wait for mid-September for delivery. We live in Wisconsin in the summer and Florida in the winter and plan to ride year around.

Thanks for a place to discuss motorcycles,
Rich King

Honda919Rider
Saint Joseph Missouri

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jul 2006
Total Posts : 49

Posted 7/10/2006 3:13 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hello everyone -
Started on a Tecumseh powered Montgomery Wards mini-bike back in the late Sixties, early seventies. Been through a lot of bikes, ridden a few miles and still here to ride a few more.
In 2002 I bought my first new bike, a Honda 919. It offered what I always wanted in a motorcycle. The Susuki GS1000S, "Wes Cooley Special, was one of my favorites. As was the Kawasaki Z1R. The Original Eddie Lawson Replica, (the ZRX1100/1200 now), what used to be called "Superbikes" were what I loved.
The Harley XR1000 and XLCH are favorites as well.
The "Superbikes" always seemed to be street legal enough to get by. When the repli-racers came out, I felt they lost the practicality offered by the "Superbikes".
UJM's (Universal Japanese Motorcycles) were what I will probably always consider as my roots.
When I first saw a press pic of the 919, it was everything I always wanted and less - less weight, that is.
Anyway, been married 21+ years, held a job for 25 years and finally got set free, work doing what I want now. Have three kids, oldest being about 21 and bought him his first street legal motorcycle this year.
Daughter is almost a teenager and she has a Metropolitan she loves, and youngest son inherited "The Beast" from my oldest, a slightly customized and tired Z50.
A 1982 Honda Silverwing will become my wifes first street bike.
We also have a 1980 YZ125G for those wilder moments, and a few other project bikes here and there. One being a mid seventies CB750 "Chopper" that may be reborn as something a little more user friendly, I dunno, a cafe race or a tracker style machine . . . .
Glad to be here and look forward to seeing how this place functions.

Steve

Skirmisher
Registered Member

Date Joined Jul 2006
Total Posts : 1

Posted 7/12/2006 12:47 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Skirmisher here. After a 45 year layoff, I've bought a '96 Royal Star Tour Classic, in great shape. Good to be back in the saddle agin'.

CussTime
Ride To Live, Live To Ride

Date Joined Jul 2006
Total Posts : 14

Posted 7/12/2006 2:30 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
HI, my name is Paul and I am addicted to life on 2 wheels. I have 16 years of experience on sportbikes, the last 7 on a CBR 600F4I, currently looking at a Triumph daytona 675 for my next ride. I am fortunate enough to live in Colorado with some of the best canyons in the world at my front door. In doing research on my next ride I bumped into MotorcycleUSA and this forum and must say I am quite impressed with the information given by the MUSA staff and the contributers to this board. I am not generally inclined to jump onto boards, I like to watch.....Thats for another forum I guess........ but this board seems like a great community I would like to join and give my .02 worth from time to time.

Thanks,

Cuss

Spahrep
V-Star 1100 pilot

Date Joined Jun 2006
Total Posts : 432

Posted 7/16/2006 6:23 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
When in rome...

Im a 25yr old software developer from atlantic canada. I just put the hold payment on my first bike, a v-star 1100. My saftey course is
done on August 13th and i hope to ride it home on the 14th. Im keeping a log of my riding adventures over at http://www.cs.dal.ca/~gslade/bike.

Drive to arrive and dress to crash.
~ Avatar is by my favourite artist, nene thomas. I'd figure i'd at least giver her credit.

behind_darkeyz
Registered Member

Date Joined Jul 2006
Total Posts : 61

Posted 7/20/2006 12:30 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi, I'm Ebeth from Washington (near St Helens).  I'm a serious newbie with about 155 miles and a MSF course completion under my belt.  I inherited my husband's Kawi 500R when he wanted more power and went to a Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R. I'm really just starting to have fun with it learning the maneuverability and smoothness of the bike.  It's exciting to see a place with so much information from so many experienced riders...feel like a human motorcycle reading material disposal, but the tips are coming in handy!  Good to be here!

pbureau69
Daily Commuter

Date Joined Jul 2006
Total Posts : 34

Posted 7/27/2006 7:44 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Well here I go this is the short version of the long version posted :http://forum.motorcycle-usa.com/default.aspx?f=19&m=277843

Hello My name is Patrick Bureau, I am located in Royse City Texas (north-east side of dallas) haven't ridden in 20 years, back in the saddle, I ride at this time a Scooter, its only a 250cc but in August I will be upgrading to the Honda Silverwing 600cc.

Patrick Bureau
2005 Honda Reflex 250cc

Deek069
Registered Member

Date Joined Jul 2006
Total Posts : 48

Posted 7/28/2006 9:53 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi - I'm a biker from the north of the U.K - Bradford near Leeds to be specific.

I've been a biker for 17 years and had many bikes in that time. I currently own a 2000 ZX7R and a 1988 GPZ900R.

A couple of years ago, me and a friend rode from the UK to Greece and back - that's around 3000 miles - and had a bit of an adventure doing it. This year we rode to Switzerland, but the weather was not kind - we got snowed on in June! You can read all about them here www.fairweatherbikers.co.uk.

Next year we intend to come to the USA and ride from New York to San Francisco - this is the main reason for me registering on this site. I know nothing about riding in your fair country and thought who better to ask than the people who live there!

dsmith
Registered Member

Date Joined Jul 2006

Posted 7/29/2006 2:32 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi i am Donovan Smith I live in the DC area and ride a 02 Honda Sabre and love to ride.undefined
undefinedundefined
Image Attachment :
Image Preview
100_1407.JPG
  174KB (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 271 time(s).

The Architect
Registered Member

Date Joined Jul 2005
Total Posts : 110

Posted 7/30/2006 7:56 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
dsmith said...
Hi i am Donovan Smith I live in the DC area and ride a 02 Honda Sabre and love to ride.undefined
undefinedundefined
There are a few others like us from MD/DC around here, you should check out the Meet/Ride section.

2005 Honda Shadow Aero 750 - *currently name-less*
Newbometer: 1450 Miles!

Compstall
Polishing Freak

Date Joined Jul 2006

Posted 7/30/2006 9:47 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Hi I'm Brent.  I live in Albuquerque, NM at the moment.  Love to ride my '03 Kawi Z1000 when I get the time to peel away from home & family.

Bought the bike brand new last summer as a carryover.  Been tearing it apart and polishing everything I can get my hands on since.  About 45 hours' worth of polishing on it so far, and I have a lot of fun with doing it.  Someday soon I'll get the ambition up to yank off the swingarm and finish it.

- Brent
[B]'03 Kawi Z1000[/B]
Polished bolt heads..

dunesman
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2006
Total Posts : 6

Posted 8/2/2006 10:06 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
hello im joe from illinois im looking at my first bike

indian guy
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2006
Total Posts : 2

Posted 8/5/2006 9:54 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi everyone I'm indian guy from Idaho. Been riding motorcycles since the 1950's. Guess I could be called senior rider also but don't like to think of that. Current ride is BMW R/S 1000cc, my wife also rides a BMW 900cc. I enjoy restoring vintage bikes and I'm currently working on 1940 Indian 4. Been working on it almost 20 years now but is down to the paint and put together stage. My wife found your forum and we have enjoyed reading the posts.

Dessalines
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2006

Posted 8/7/2006 7:03 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I love my z1000. I live in Virginia.
Image Attachment :
Image Preview
Chilling on bike.jpg
  1.43Mb (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 258 time(s).

G's ZX-11
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2006
Total Posts : 14

Posted 8/7/2006 10:49 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hay everybody, Greg Here from Northern Ohio. Elyria to be exact.(Most havn't herd of it) I am about 20 miles west of Cleveland. I've been riding for about 18 years now. Started off with a Kawasaki EX-500 brand new right after I got out of USMC Boot Camp. After about 12 years having that I bought myself a 2000 ZX-11 Ninja. Nice to meet everyone. Hopefully we can meet in person and go riding. Till the next Post.

Have a good one

mistertoadie
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2006
Total Posts : 363

Posted 8/7/2006 3:36 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Howdy, My name is Rich, and I'm a bikeaholic. I live in Massachusetts, having moved here from connecticut 11 years ago. I am in the process of purchasing my third Harley, twenty ninth bike in 39 years. ( you can add your opinion to my conundrum in the custom/cruiser section) . I've been riding for 23 years on the street, and have owned many models of all four brands of asian bikes and 2 Harleys. By this weekend it should be 3 Harleys. I try to practice and preach that it's not what you ride, but just that you ride. Be in the wind however you can. Life is good.

Getaway Driver
Registered Member

Date Joined Apr 2006

Posted 8/8/2006 7:20 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Okay is goes like this
I am a resserected rider from years ago. My brother rode dirt and I owned a 250 Honda street bike. We had them maybe two years. Then life happened and now I'm dangerously close to half-life and eager to start checking off some of those I plan to do some day items. Having said that, I wanted to start out with something I can control yet respect. I got a great deal on a 02 Savage in 05 with less than 500 miles; seems pregnant women don't really have time for such nonsense; this weekend I will crank the 4k mark. Thanks to the collective wisdom of the group.
I believe in the old school of Sit down and Shut up until you have something to contribute. I got alot of good information here and from other sites that helped me with get the right bike and the sense to take it easy until I had a place to practice and pass my Motorcycle Safety Course. This (girllie) bike can, and will, throw me to the ground if I let it. With the information from sites like this I look forward to anytime I can break free and ride.
I don't need a reason to ride, just a direction.

I don't need a reason to ride... just a direction.

Marty13
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2006

Posted 8/8/2006 7:45 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Hello all,

I've been reading this board for a while and finally registered.  I'm currently in Missouri, but since I'm in the Air Force the location is temporary.  I have a 03 Shadow Sabre 1100 I bought used a few months ago.  I rode dirt bikes growing up and had a friend's Sportster for a while while she was in school.  This is the first street bike I've owned.  Bought it in May and have put on 1000 miles so far.  I was suprised how much of the MSF class I took in 02 came back to me in the first few miles I put on the bike.  The info available here is great, I'm always looking for pointers on ways to improve my skills.

DLSmith
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2006

Posted 8/11/2006 9:26 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I'm in my late 40's blush  and have been riding on & off since I was a young boy. I got back into motorcycleing heavly in '03 after realizing I needed to get off my a$$ after the split with wife #2. I looked at another H-D until I found the Honda VTX1800C back in April '03. Since then I've also purchased an '04 Honda VLX600CD (for a girlfriend), traded that in for an '03 Honda Gold Wing (1800 w/ ABS), and a '04 Honda Rune.

Thinking of what's next. I want a different Tourer than the Wing. I don't like the lack of leg room on the Wing, and the !@#* heat that comes off the engine & radiators that cooks my shins Honda should be ashamed to put out a bike like that (but they did the same thing with the ST1300). So the artist rendition of a new Victory Tourer has me piqued.

Candy750
06 Shadow Aero

Date Joined Aug 2006
Total Posts : 1217

Posted 8/14/2006 10:18 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Hi!  I never introduced myself!!  My "real" name is Teresa, and my 06 Honda Shadow Aero is my 3rd bike.  I started with a Rebel in 2004 after taking the MSF BRC for my 40th birthday.  I don't understand how you guys ride the Rebel!  I have a size 10 ladies foot, and no amount of adjustment could get me to comfortably shift.  I traded to the 06 Shadow 600vlx, and found I go blown around by tractor trailers, pick up trucks with boats - all the roads in Upstate NY are full of these.  The road "at the top of my hill" is a major route for trucks between I - 90 and I -  87.  I weigh in at 130, and failure to popular belief I am not six feet tall, I'm only 5'8", but give a rather tall appearance:p

Galway, NY is about 60 miles north of Albany, and about 30 miles west of Saratoga Springs (The summer place to be).  The Great Sacandaga Lake is about 7 miles away, and Lake George about 35...

I have 1850 miles on the Aero, now....

Dark Candy Aero 750

Well behaved women rarely make history.

starider
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2006
Total Posts : 23

Posted 8/23/2006 7:11 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I'm Mike and I ride a 99 Roadstar. I'm 50 and live north of San Antonio Texas in the Hill Country. I have had 9 motorcycles since high school. My first bike I bought at 16 yrs old. Riding is my passion. I'm not brand concience. I love all motorcycles, hough many I wouldn't let my friends see me riding some of them. My wife has a vt750 Honda and she's been riding for about 3 weeks. OUCH hugh?!!! She went to a very good school and she is doing great. I look forward to many long rides with her. My current bike has been modified alot since ,and most people dont know it's brand. The pic here is soon after I bought it years ago.
Happy Riding

DebraLMills
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2006
Total Posts : 12

Posted 8/25/2006 3:31 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Hi, introducing myself here...

I am Deb, Debra, Debbie, hey you...whatever works (hehe).

I have been riding since I was 8, and have been on, ridden, or owned a lot of brands and sizes.

I live near DC and currently work at a dealership, so I'll help out when I can, if I have any info to offer.

Take care (and this is a wondeful forum!!!).

seansean
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2006
Total Posts : 6

Posted 8/25/2006 3:36 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi all I'm new to the board and to motorcycles, I don't have one yet, but I'll be buying one soon, and I hope to learn a lot from all of you. See my post in newbie section.

ra
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2006

Posted 8/30/2006 11:44 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi, my name is Ralph. I ride a Vulcan 900 classic LT. I just started riding 11 months ago and I have ridden a little over 12k miles since I started. My first motorcycle was a 2004 Honda Shadow Spirit 1100. I bought my Vulcan 900 back in June and I have 6900 miles on it already. I love riding.......

Later --

DannyBoy
RocketMan

Date Joined Jun 2006
Total Posts : 73

Posted 9/2/2006 1:04 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Hi,

My name is Danny, and I just started riding this past February.  I am currently riding an '06 Stratoliner, after starting on a V-Star 650 for three months. 

I am retired Air Force (so is my wife), and I currently work in Mission Control at Johnson Space Center.  I love just south of Houston, Texas, in League City.

I've learned alot already from this message board, and I thank you for sharing your knowledge and experience.

'06 Stratoliner

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
Resized.JPG
  325KB (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 241 time(s).