Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > General Motorcycle Chat > NEW MEMBERS: Please sign in here.  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
636 posts in this thread.
Viewing Page :

[ | Show Newest Post First ]

PeteSt
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Sep 2006
Total Posts : 4

Posted 9/3/2006 11:06 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi, I'm Pete in Cincinnati, and I just bought my first bike: a 1981 Honda CM400 Custom. It's probably the best purchase I've ever made.

80FXWG in SoCal
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Sep 2006
Total Posts : 9

Posted 9/3/2006 11:08 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi, I'm Tom in SoCal. I've had my Wide Glide since 1982 in several incarnations; stock with buckhorn bars and hard bags; 18" apes with solo seat & p-pad & leather bags; now its 12" apes, a near-stock seat and sissy bar, fender rack & all the lights. The motor has an 86" S&S stroker kit with an Andrews B-grind cam and solid lifters. The paint has gone from the original flame job, to solid Omaha orange, and is now a textured granite fleckstone. This last paint job has been a blessing and a burden; easy maintenance & touch-ups, but nobody can just look at it, they have to touch it too. At least it doesn't show fingerprints...  I'll post some photos when I put a new drive in my other 'puter, so I can access my photo archive.

Swamp Fox
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2006
Total Posts : 203

Posted 9/13/2006 2:26 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Hi, my real name is Larry and I’m from Central Maryland . Both my wife and myself ride motorcycles . I myself started riding back in 1966 , and she started just three years ago . Neither of us belong to any type of club or organization , although as a vet I once considered joining Rolling Thunder . I don’t have any tattoos on my body , not that I’m against them , but if I ever decided to get one it would read “ live to ride”

best regards to everyone

Swamp Fox

einselec
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2006
Total Posts : 4

Posted 9/17/2006 9:22 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi there all

I am from South Africa and have been riding since I was 18. 34 now and still riding most every Sunday morning. I own a 2000 Honda Fireblade 929 and enjoy every moment spent on the rode on this bike. Little bit of a speed junky butt must start taking it slow now since my first (boy) was born on 01 June 2006. The wife also loves the bike but sometimes worry too much when I am out alone. Have 3 mates who usually ride with. (I behave better when riding with other bikers!! Ha-HA)

Travelling to the USA in December to January to Tucson, Arizona and would like to meet up with fellow bikers in the area. Also a couple of questions I would like to ask if possible?? Will post in the "Meet bikers in your area" section too.

Save riding and stay on two wheels!!!

Regards from Africa!!
einselec

Navigator
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2006
Total Posts : 1

Posted 9/18/2006 6:05 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
New here from Texas. I have been riding more years than not.
My current ride is a 99 Venture. My hubby and 9 and 11 YO girls
all ride too so we are a 4 bike family.
Have enjoyed checking out your fourm so I signed on.
Ride Safe
Janelle

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
colorado 04 403.jpg
  220KB (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 247 time(s).

dubliner
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2006
Total Posts : 2

Posted 9/18/2006 1:19 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Hi,Folks

Jim is my name and greetings from Dublin Ireland,got this after a few years off the bike,the last bike I had was an Aprilia 650 single

very happy with the Harley Though

As they say in Ireland 'Keep her goin Patsy'

That meansnever give up!!

ciao

the Dubliner 

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
harley+jim004.jpg
  461KB (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 32 time(s).

SlipChip
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2006
Total Posts : 5

Posted 9/18/2006 5:39 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Hi folks, Chip here from Cleveland Ohio.

I am a re-entry rider. Have not ridden regularly for about a dozen years.

Picked up an abused `92 TDM 850 last year and have been riding constantly since I got it sorted early this summer.

I can't easily express how great it feels to be back on the road with two wheels.

The more I ride my bike the more I hate my car... LOL

Vintage bike Mid-Ohio is the best weekend in the world.

Anybody interested in a couple of 1985 GS 550E basket cases?

tdm 850
a bike before it's time...
motor genty in the grease mud

KISS ArmY
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2006
Total Posts : 6

Posted 9/19/2006 12:53 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
HI ALL!!!

My name is Chris. I live in San Luis Obispo, California, I am 38 years old and I own a 1982 Honda 450E for my first bike. I have been riding for a month now and have 1,300 miles under my belt. I did not take the schooling. I needed the cash for the bike. I actually have outgrown it now. I have to carry boxes of computer parts on my bike so I MUST have the luggage deal, side bags, backpack, etc. The 450 is too small, not enough weight. I get blown on the highway while doing 75 mph... kinda scarry at times. I am going to get a sport/tour bike very soon. Looking at the Yamaha sv600 or the Suzuki FZ6 650. I dont think I am ready for the crotch rocket type since most of my day is spent sittin on my @$$ riding. I cant test drive so I dont know, seems uncomphy with the foot pegs so high and at an angle. Mabe just a learning curve tho??

HarleyGirl
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2006
Total Posts : 2

Posted 9/24/2006 10:38 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hello, Everyone! HarleyGirl here from Northern California. I rode a Honda 35+ years ago
until my ex insisted on my selling it two years after we married. From then, he had a bike
and bought our two sons dirtbikes! But...I was not allowed to ride. It took 34 years for me
to realize I should have "sold" the husband instead of the bike...LOL
Since then, I've met the love of my life and for my 50 something (tee-hee--hee)
birthday he bought me a Harley XL883C! Said he would never ride, just follow me in his Vette.
6 months later, he bought a brand new Dyna LowRider! He has decided he is just not comfortable
riding so I am taking the LowRider, converting it to a trike and going to pursue my love of riding!
I, too, found this forum by accident and have enjoyed reading all the valuable info here!
Hope to chat with all of you someday!! Ride Safe...Ride Happy!!!

jasper91
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2006
Total Posts : 3

Posted 9/25/2006 9:05 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Greetings I'm Jan and I ride a Ducati Multistrada 620. I also own a Kawasaki 250 ninja and a Yamaha 650 V Star Classic which isn't ridden very much anymore. Before my Ducati I had a 2000 BMW R1200CEURO. Took a test ride on the Multistrada and made a deal right then. I love my Duc. When I was a kid about 13 I bought a quite used Yamaguchi Enduro 50cc 2 stroke. A 65 model I think. I paid 40 bucks for it. Rode the crap out of it. Yamaguchi later supplied engines for Hodaka. Then Hodaka made their own the first model I believe was an ACE 90 then 100 and in the late 70's the 125cc Super Rat . Then they went under.
I ride about 6 to 8000 miles a year. I would like to increase that by doing some touring. I live in Oklahoma City so the Rocky Mountains are as close as 8 hours away depending on where and how fast. Oklahoma has some excellent touring areas in the southeastern section of the state. The Ouachita Mountain range extends from Arkansas well into Oklahoma. These mountains are pine covered the tallest is 2800 + ft above sea level. Many of them are 2400 +. Especially if you take the Talimena Byway from Talihena Ok. to Mena Ark. I believe the total miles from when you ascend into the mountains to when you descend out of them is about 55 miles. I think that will be my first tour.

Jasper91

jmc099
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2006

Posted 9/29/2006 7:54 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi my name is mike and i live in arkansas and i've been riding for 4 months this time around.  i ride a 95 yamaha virago 1100.  This is my second bike.  the first was a night hawk 750.  i ride everyday to work and peole think i'm crazy for riding in the cold but i just can't help it.

evolo
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2006
Total Posts : 1

Posted 9/30/2006 6:55 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hello everyone, I'm Alan, married w/ children, been riding since I was 14, now 48. My motorcyclist career started in Europe and I am now criss-crossing southern California where i made my home 13 years ago. I stopped when my 7-year old daughter was born and picked it up again a year ago. Since then I 've had a Guzzi Le mans, Zx-636, and Zx-10R. Talk about withdrawal...

Nickeroo
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2006

Posted 10/2/2006 6:41 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hello everyone. My name is Nick, I'm 47 years old. I started riding again after a 25 year break. Got a Triumph Thruxton last year, realised it looked better than it went, just traded it in on a 675 Daytona. We go on 200-300 mile rides on weekends in the Austin Tx area.

hopi
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2006
Total Posts : 6

Posted 10/10/2006 7:54 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I'm hopi, I ride a 2006 Yamaha Stratoliner S. I'm in the Houston area and ride with a cruiser group here. I'm a male in my late 40's.

Post Edited (hopi) : 10/11/2006 3:00:31 AM GMT

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
Pictures of my Bike 004[1].jpg
  319KB (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 296 time(s).

JimmieS
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2006

Posted 10/11/2006 2:40 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Hi everyone --

I'm Jim - I'm always looking for a new forum to read through and contribute to, and just ran across this one today.  I'm a long time rider with 30 + years of experience riding a variety of bikes.  I always used my bikes as my commute vehicle with occasional big rides across country and sometimes up to Yosemite.  Having kids made getting away a lot on the bike very difficult -  now that they are all out of the house, and now that I have a new Goldwing I'm gone all the time. 

My wife and I just got back from a 1400 mile weekend ride from the SF Bay area to Horseshoe Bend, Id. for the 9th Annual Chiliburger run - Great fun!!

Cheers!

unclebob
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2006
Total Posts : 16

Posted 10/13/2006 12:34 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi everyone

HogWild
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2006
Total Posts : 5123

Posted 10/13/2006 10:13 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Howdy ya'll..

I live north of music city USA in a place where the roads are 14 feet wide and rarely have lines in them. I have been riding since 1962 but that was dirt and I didn't start riding on the street until 1967. Most of the family rides something either 2 or 4 wheels but I'm the only one who rides the street. We have our own 1/8th mile dirt track and from time to time ride through the woods on the property. I hooked up here because of an article on the new XR1200 written by the folks at MCUSA. I've read some of the stuff Kevin Duke has done and enjoy his thoughts on the Sporty as I have followed their project bike for some time. Seems like a good group here........

Post Edited (HogWild) : 10/14/2006 5:22:45 AM GMT

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
Fun In Kentucky.jpg
  107KB (image/jpeg)
This image has been viewed 341 time(s).
Image Attachment :
Image Preview
1200R Sporty.jpg
  154KB (image/jpeg)
This image has been viewed 276 time(s).
Image Attachment :
Image Preview
Das Boat 3.jpg
  121KB (image/jpeg)
This image has been viewed 337 time(s).

tastroman
Daelim S-2 250, Buell Ulysses

Date Joined Sep 2006
Total Posts : 220

Posted 10/14/2006 6:08 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hello,
I'm Tim from Martinsville Va. I am 41 and have been riding street bikes since I turned 16. I got my 1st car at 23, until then I had a Honda 350.

Bikes I have owned
1972 Honda CB350
1981 Honda CB900F
1982 Suzuki GS1100e
1988 Honda Hurricane 1000F
1987 Honda Ch250 Elite.-My current ride.

I am currently in the market for a new bike. I love my Scooter but something has been missing since I sold my Hurricane this spring. I have been lurking on this site for a while. Its great how the writers actually participate in the forum.

2soX
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2006

Posted 10/15/2006 7:44 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hello there.

In 3 years I`ll be a charter life AMA member!!
Seems just like yesterday (1985) I bought my first bike...a 1979 Honda XL500, which is still in my garage.
Joined to talk racing, and get tips on a future purchase since I want to back into riding again.

CurtP
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2006
Total Posts : 315

Posted 10/19/2006 7:58 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Hello,

My name is Curt. I live in SE Missouri, been riding continuously since 1966. I currently ride a Suzuki C50 and a Burgman 400 that I bought for my wife. She never became comfortable riding, so I use the Burgman to haul groceries.

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
Sept Bike 015 enhanced2.jpg
  258KB (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 311 time(s).

RowdyCowchick
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2006
Total Posts : 27

Posted 10/19/2006 9:44 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi, I'm Stacey, I've been having a blast exploring your boards all day since I joined this morning!  I'm a newbie to the biker world, well at least owning and operating my own that is!  My fiance just bought me a new Tank Vision 250 R3 motorcycle (a very rare and affordable bike) and I've been having alot of fun learning on it.  I am scheduled to take the MSF basic rider course next week.  Wish me luck!  I was born and raised in the poconos (n.e. pennsylvania) and now reside in southern california.  I own my own pet day spa here in southern california and have three rescued dogs of my own.  My fiance rides a completely stripped and modified '82 Yamaha Virago.

~ Rowdy ~

"There are two kinds of riders...those who've already gone down, and those who have yet to go down."

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
mybike.jpg.JPG
  166KB (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 322 time(s).
Image Attachment :
Image Preview
tankvision.jpg.jpg
  114KB (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 272 time(s).
Image Attachment :
Image Preview
wreckcomic.jpg
  91KB (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 287 time(s).

Flyguy
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2006
Total Posts : 7

Posted 10/25/2006 9:14 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hello to all. I am just getting back into riding after many years absent. Previously owned Honda's - CB350, CB500-4, CB750 and a Sabre 45. Oh, and a very brief stint with a KZ1000. Just took delivery of a '06 Yamaha FJR1300 AE. That's the one with the electric shift. One fantastic ride! (IMHO) I look forward to draining the knowledge bank here on MUSA.

Cheers,
John

grose
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2006
Total Posts : 7

Posted 10/26/2006 9:31 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi all,

My name is Garth, and I am a soon-to-be motorcyclist.  I am looking forward to learning from the collective knowledge of this Board and perhaps being able to contribute to it at some point. 

Take care,

Garth

LH
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2006

Posted 10/30/2006 6:23 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
LH from seattle- just bought a 06 Yamaha Stratoliner--- looking for risers and how to lower the bike about an inch....
I googled it and found this site, but cannot find the forum that was talking about it...

Can anyone send me in the right direction

Sebring
Registered Member

Date Joined Nov 2006
Total Posts : 8

Posted 11/1/2006 5:12 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi!!!!!! I'm Claudio (oh, sorry, I'm Sebring)... I write from Milan, Italy.
I'm an italian rider and I've just registered here in the forum just because I'm so curious to know a little more about the american world of motorcycle blush . I try to post a photo of my bikes (great bikes)... I don't think that Honda sells these models in U.S.A...
The first is a Honda XLR 125 R enduro, the second is a Honda FMX 650...

P.S. sorry for the infinite number of mistakes in my message blush . I'll do my best to write correctly...

Post Edited (Sebring) : 11/2/2006 12:16:05 AM GMT

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
IMG_0001.jpg
  656KB (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 304 time(s).