Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > General Motorcycle Chat > MotoUSA Photo of the Week  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
370 posts in this thread.
Viewing Page :

[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

Justin Dawes
MotoUSA Editor

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Apr 2011
Total Posts : 32

Posted 4/4/2011 12:15 PM (GMT -8)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Here is where you post your photos for consideration as the MotoUSA Photo of the Week. Photo of the Week is an ongoing contest/project for MotoUSA fans. Each week I will pick one photo and post it on the Motorcycle-USA.com home page.

EVS Sports has stepped up and created the Photo of the Year Competition. EVERY Photo of the Week will be in the running for Photo of the Year. EVS SPort will give the winner a $500 EVS shopping spree, second gets $250 worth of EVS gear and third gets $100 in EVS product.

Suggestions for increasing your photo's chances of being chosen:
  • Include a description of who, why, when and where,
  • Include camera setting if you know them.
  • Include how you set up your photo.
  • We want amazing shots - photos of your bike in the garage aren't going to cut it.

Rules:

• No nudity
  • No illegal activity
  • Photos must be your own - no photoshopping or lifting of other's photos.
  • Photos can be chosen from any date in this thread, not just the current week.
  • Maximum size- 1024pixels on the long side.
  • Watermarks are acceptable as long as they do not contain vulgar or explict material.

So that's it for now. Get to posting, the clock is ticking to be the first MotoUSA Photo of the Week.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better. I've always believed this, in spite of the trouble it's caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba.... RIP Hunter S. Thompson

Post Edited (Justin Dawes) : 5/20/2011 4:46:23 PM GMT

Rich_S
MCUSA Staff

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2009
Total Posts : -537

Posted 4/5/2011 3:06 PM (GMT -8)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Really? no photos?

You guys can do better than that! Can't tell me all your photos have nudity and illegal activity? smilewinkgrin

For all your motorcycle news and motorcycle reviews - Motorcycle-usa.com

skyhawk04kilo
Registered Member

Date Joined Jun 2009
Total Posts : 1639

Posted 4/5/2011 3:33 PM (GMT -8)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I didn't see this because it was a sticky. Here's one from a track day I did last year. It was taken with my Nikon D40 and cheapo Sigma 70-300mm lens. EXIF says ISO-200 at 1/50 and f/4.2.

2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S
1978 Yamaha XS650 Special

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
_DSC3785.jpg
  181KB (image/jpeg)
This image has been viewed 295 time(s).

bunchof6
Troll/Squid/Spambot

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 4566

Posted 4/5/2011 4:32 PM (GMT -8)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Rich_S said...
Really? no photos?

You guys can do better than that! Can't tell me all your photos have nudity and illegal activity? smilewinkgrin

Most of them do, the rest of them don't have bike content. lol

this is not here

el SID
merely a man equipped with a bag a seedless grapes

Date Joined Nov 2010
Total Posts : 1947

Posted 4/5/2011 5:04 PM (GMT -8)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Err,well,yeah pretty much,not running for president here rich... Is topless women in my garage around a rm 125 count for "nudity" cause really,they are half naked. Want me to pixelated the "areas"? lol sorry,just not much on the photo-geekery,pops is an avid photographer,drives us all nuts during holidays.

the best bike out.... is the one your on...
current hacks
1996 honda vfr
empty slot needing to be filled miss the "wing"
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125

Drunkula
Registered Member

Date Joined Dec 2006
Total Posts : 539

Posted 4/6/2011 5:17 AM (GMT -8)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I took a bunch of photos last weekend at Rockers vs. Mods in Dallas. When I get home I'll see if any of them are worthwhile...

MDGeorge
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2008
Total Posts : 856

Posted 4/6/2011 5:28 AM (GMT -8)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

This was taken in 2009 at the Dragon by a friend as I rode by. He had a little pocket camera.  

The bike is a 2003 Nomad. The size of the curve makes the bike look tiny.

Check out the tire marks of those that didn't make the curve.

Post Edited (MDGeorge) : 4/6/2011 1:33:50 PM GMT

Casper
The teddy bear of doom,,,

Date Joined Sep 2006
Total Posts : 4099

Posted 4/6/2011 5:32 AM (GMT -8)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Here's a couple.  Cam was a Kodak Digital whatever, settings were "huh?".  Taken June of '08 near Marietta Ohio by Casper.  Bike is a 2001 BMW R1100RL.

The world's a funny place,
full of funny people,
doing funny things.

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
Gretel1.JPG
  219KB (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 234 time(s).
Image Attachment :
Image Preview
Gretel2.JPG
  189KB (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 254 time(s).

iman501
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2008
Total Posts : 1022

Posted 4/6/2011 5:51 AM (GMT -8)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
ones just a cool old barn i found last summer, and the second is a covered bridge a friend and i found while out riding last summer

bikes dont leak oil, they mark their territory

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
RT 18 Barn.jpg
  147KB (image/jpeg)
This image has been viewed 197 time(s).
Image Attachment :
Image Preview
Covered bridge 1.jpg
  451KB (image/jpeg)
This image has been viewed 207 time(s).

el SID

Date Joined Nov 2010

Posted 4/6/2011 6:02 AM (GMT -8)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
No sparks of cornering confidence there doc? very cool pic.

current hacks
1996 honda vfr
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125

RedDog
Retired SportBike Bum

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 13635

Posted 4/6/2011 6:16 AM (GMT -8)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
There are plenty of pictures from the very first MC-USA meet in TN for 2 years ago ...

RedDog
Think Ahead! Travel Light & Leave Your Fears Behind You!
Normal People Scare me! Travel Light and Leave Your Fears Behind You!

el SID

Date Joined Nov 2010

Posted 4/6/2011 6:42 AM (GMT -8)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Cant get a good blown up pic. So I cheated. But is spring break this week. Its 42 degrees,and raining. The boys plan was to go riding with dad,but weather isnt working. Picture says a thousand words. Shot with nikon cool pix. They were reading over my back and are bored so they wanted a crack at it.
the quote here is...
 I feel like Im in purgatory,Colin. I know Owen this sucks,I just want the sun,and I want to ride.
Yes they are Rossi fans...

current hacks
1996 honda vfr
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125

Post Edited (el SID) : 4/6/2011 2:46:22 PM GMT

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
005.JPG
  126KB (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 1690 time(s).

GAJ
Registered Member

Date Joined Jul 2007
Total Posts : 6845

Posted 4/6/2011 8:46 AM (GMT -8)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Taken last week with a Kodak DX4330, (an ancient 3.1mp digital), on Fort Ross Road in Sonoma County California...set on auto.

That road is all second gear going up hill and pretty much 1st gear going down hill as it is so tight and twisty other than this small section...but you get some good views for all your work.

This photo of my friend Gary was taken after we'd finished the uphill section, prior to doing the downhill section to the Pacific.

I set up the shot to get the ocean as well as the road we were about to descend on.

We stopped because of the view, but he was very glad as he'd just finished smashing his nuts on his gas tank when he hit a bump while adjusting his helmet! smhair

I think he needs to stop wearing my hand me down Draggin' Jeans I gave him and buy some of his own that fit! Looks like some homeless guy standing next to our bikes...doesn't really help the shot! lol

Post Edited (GAJ) : 4/6/2011 4:52:02 PM GMT

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
100_1190.jpg
  993KB (image/jpeg)
This image has been viewed 214 time(s).

GAJ
Registered Member

Date Joined Jul 2007

Posted 4/6/2011 9:01 AM (GMT -8)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Same camera, different day.

This was about a month ago at Goat Rock Beach off US1 on the Sonoma County coast.

Gary looks less like a homeless guy in this shot as he's wearing the old Bates jacket I gave him, (um.......................it shrunk), and my old Arai that was still in great shape and had stopped wearing.

He took the MSF last April and I mentored him for months on my DRZ400SM before he found this bike used in Oakland last August on CL; paid $4,900 for an immaculate bike with 1,500 miles on it.

He's become an accomplished rider in a short time period and he listens, which is great, as I don't want his wife pointing any fingers at me. Good thing is she supported his desire to learn how to ride and really appreciates my direct involvement.

I finally believe I've drilled into him the absolute necessity to maintain at least 4 seconds of vision by adjusting his speed in the tight twisties accordingly.

His last bad habit, which I think I've just about broken him of is not maintaining that 4 seconds of vision over blind hills. He used to take them way too fast...as if there was no possibility of their being a cow, a tractor or a U-turning vehicle on the other side!

He positively loves riding, as you can see in his face from this picture.
Image Attachment :
Image Preview
100_1186.JPG
  536KB (image/jpeg)

Justin Dawes
MotoUSA Editor

Date Joined Apr 2011
Total Posts : 32

Posted 4/6/2011 9:36 AM (GMT -8)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Alright! Good start everybody!

I will be choosing the first Photo of the Week on Friday morning. Along with announcing the very first POTW I am going to include a photography fundamental to help everyone achieve even better photos of your bikes and buddies.

Keep up the good work!

bunchof6
Troll/Squid/Spambot

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 4566

Posted 4/6/2011 10:07 AM (GMT -8)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
getting my money's worth out of a cbr600, between the Methow valley and Grand Coulee Dam, of Washington state.

Taken in 2005 or so, with a 3 point something megapixel hp or kodak camera. Out of a lot of pictures taken, these are the only two that qualify as "not horrible".

No exif data, sadly.

this is not here

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
HPIM0447.JPG
  146KB (image/jpeg)
This image has been viewed 211 time(s).
Image Attachment :
Image Preview
HPIM0422.JPG
  137KB (image/jpeg)
This image has been viewed 207 time(s).

Spudrace
Registered Member

Date Joined Apr 2011
Total Posts : 3

Posted 4/6/2011 10:52 AM (GMT -8)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Dean Wilson at 2010 Vegas SX, (shot with Cannon EOS Rebel XSI
Image Attachment :
Image Preview
Vegas SX 2010 428.jpg
  149KB (image/pjpeg)

RedDog
Retired SportBike Bum

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 13635

Posted 4/6/2011 11:33 AM (GMT -8)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Cheap way of getting good shots, ehe? At least you could have sent a ban(d)ana to the winning monkey.

Susan and Rob: Good shots infront of your beautiful home!
Cool shot GAJ, and MC Gearge!

I guess this Justin is after bike and rider/buddy pics ...?

RedDog
Think Ahead! Travel Light & Leave Your Fears Behind You!
Normal People Scare me! Travel Light and Leave Your Fears Behind You!

Spudrace
Registered Member

Date Joined Apr 2011

Posted 4/6/2011 11:37 AM (GMT -8)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Canadian Outdoor Nationals, Edmonton Alberta
Image Attachment :
Image Preview
COOKE12.JPG
  98KB (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 171 time(s).
Image Attachment :
Image Preview
HARVEY2.JPG
  146KB (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 165 time(s).
Image Attachment :
Image Preview
KEVIN JOHNSON1.JPG
  111KB (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 167 time(s).
Image Attachment :
Image Preview
P.CARPENTER66.JPG
  86KB (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 159 time(s).
Image Attachment :
Image Preview
SNIDER2.JPG
  198KB (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 168 time(s).

Spudrace
Registered Member

Date Joined Apr 2011

Posted 4/6/2011 11:43 AM (GMT -8)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Canadian Outdoor Nationals, Edmonton Alberta
Image Attachment :
Image Preview
T.MEDAGLIA67.JPG
  94KB (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 166 time(s).
Image Attachment :
Image Preview
WILSON16.JPG
  130KB (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 170 time(s).
Image Attachment :
Image Preview
WILSON31.JPG
  117KB (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 159 time(s).

kamo
1100 Honda saber

Date Joined Aug 2005
Total Posts : 2061

Posted 4/6/2011 12:32 PM (GMT -8)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
First pic my an 07 1100 saber and my wife's 96 1100 ace on lookout mt. Parkway auto exp easy share 3.5 megpix secondis on Blue ridge Parkway I shot my wife's 600 shadow while following on my Saber.

Kamo 07 1100 Honda Saber Candy Black Cherry. East Alabama If you need a smile, just turn the key and ride!

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
100_0966.JPG
  243KB (image/jpeg)
This image has been viewed 194 time(s).
Image Attachment :
Image Preview
Maggie valley trip diane's first 012.jpg
  588KB (image/jpeg)
This image has been viewed 195 time(s).

kamo
1100 Honda saber

Date Joined Aug 2005

Posted 4/6/2011 12:39 PM (GMT -8)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
a motorcycle usa group trip to Nc. close to the Dragon at Phillip's Motel in Robbinsville. same old easy share auto setting

Kamo 07 1100 Honda Saber Candy Black Cherry. East Alabama If you need a smile, just turn the key and ride!

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
108_2115.JPG
  235KB (image/jpeg)
This image has been viewed 181 time(s).

GeoffG
Instant Classic

Date Joined Jun 2003
Total Posts : 10791

Posted 4/6/2011 12:48 PM (GMT -8)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
OK, does it matter if the pics are not "current?" Many of my better pics have been posted on this site or others, and they may be a few years old.

Bike is a 2003 Buell XB9R Firebolt, and the pics were taken by me in the West Kootenay area in the southern interior of BC, where I live, using a Canon digital camera set on "auto." I usually try to take a pic where the bike is only one component of the shot, and I often try to include a bit of winding road to sort of give a "feel." Some of these could use a bit of cropping...
Image Attachment :
Image Preview
2 June 07 0002.jpg
  57KB (image/jpeg)
This image has been viewed 168 time(s).
Image Attachment :
Image Preview
2 June 07 0007.jpg
  89KB (image/jpeg)
This image has been viewed 182 time(s).
Image Attachment :
Image Preview
IMG_0003_1.jpg
  100KB (image/jpeg)
This image has been viewed 194 time(s).

kamo
1100 Honda saber

Date Joined Aug 2005

Posted 4/6/2011 12:50 PM (GMT -8)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
a couple of pic at Barber's one of the track turn 2 the other old wood trak racing bikes. auto setting easy share. 3rd is a friend's Nomad I took on hyw. 25 in Leeds we call it the mini Dragon.

Post Edited (kamo) : 4/6/2011 8:53:33 PM GMT

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
108_2133.JPG
  260KB (image/jpeg)
This image has been viewed 179 time(s).
Image Attachment :
Image Preview
108_2146.JPG
  239KB (image/jpeg)
This image has been viewed 191 time(s).
Image Attachment :
Image Preview
Barbers AMA Races April 07 003.jpg
  291KB (image/jpeg)
This image has been viewed 175 time(s).

GAJ
Registered Member

Date Joined Jul 2007

Posted 4/6/2011 2:08 PM (GMT -8)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
GeoffG said...
OK, does it matter if the pics are not "current?" Many of my better pics have been posted on this site or others, and they may be a few years old.

Bike is a 2003 Buell XB9R Firebolt, and the pics were taken by me in the West Kootenay area in the southern interior of BC, where I live, using a Canon digital camera set on "auto." I usually try to take a pic where the bike is only one component of the shot, and I often try to include a bit of winding road to sort of give a "feel." Some of these could use a bit of cropping...

Very nice GeoffG; better than mine hands down.