Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > General Motorcycle Chat > I'm thankful for motorcycling....................  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
33 posts in this thread.
Viewing Page :
 1  2 
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

ZX Rider
Triumph guy

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined May 2010
Total Posts : 485

Posted 1/13/2012 7:39 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Beauty is skin deep and doesn't always come with soal. Age ruins beauty but not those with heart,... motorcycles with age become more beautiful. The old 73 Triumph is becoming a crowd catcher where ever is stops.

Asphalt, the greatest tattoo remover.

Hellfighter
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2007
Total Posts : 201

Posted 1/13/2012 7:53 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Great thread by the way. Lots of very cool posts.

I can't really articulate my love for riding but I know it's been in my heart since I was a kid. I would sticky tape playing cards to the back of my bmx wheels so it'd sound like a Harley (well, sorta haha). I'd go to the end of my street which had a very steep downhill and i'd just launch myself on the bike. I felt like a boss then. To this day, I still return to that street on my actual motorbike and I always have the biggest grin on my face when I hit the throttle down that very hill.

On Iron Horse He Gladly Dies

bmwr100r
Airhead

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 1455

Posted 1/14/2012 11:10 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I'm thankful because when I'm at work sometimes I'm thinking " why do I put up with this crap" ,but when I'm on the bike I realize this is why. Work put gas in the bike.
And like Andy said ,the whole world disappears , it's just me ,my bike ,and the road

Freedom prospers when religion is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged.
Ronald Reagan

Andy VH
Where is the earth shattering kaboom!?

Date Joined Apr 2005
Total Posts : 4952

Posted 1/14/2012 11:21 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Wow, I didn't think this post would be so lively! Let's keep it going, thanks everyone!

Motorcycling can change a day, an attitude, a heart, a soul, a life. It can enlighten, it can raise up, it can also hurt and cause grief if not respected. But then, so can life itself if we don't respect it. In that I feel motorcycling is a life.

Some people say riding is a passion, or a lifestyle. For me, it is much more than a "lifestyle" because that just seems to refer to the act of wearing the gear and hanging around people with bikes. It is a life for me.

Training, the best safety and performance "equipment" you can get!
Get MSF trained, check out: http://www.msf-usa.org

MDGeorge
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2008
Total Posts : 856

Posted 1/14/2012 12:03 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
That's kinda where I would differ. It is not my lifestyle (even with a Harley). It does not set my identity, or define who I am.
I am the same with or without the bike, but I would have a big hole in my life without it.
I would not have near the joy of life if I did not have the bike.

ZX Rider
Triumph guy

Date Joined May 2010
Total Posts : 485

Posted 1/14/2012 5:29 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Rode the 2012 ZX-14R for the 1st time. Holy Crap! this thing is fast! Looking to see where they hid the Supercharger. Right off the get, it's go. Feels faster than the turbo 14 which is hard to believe. Seat height is 1.5 inches lower, handles like my buddies ZX-10. It's not really a ZX-14 it's something else!

Asphalt, the greatest tattoo remover.

louemc
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 17483

Posted 1/14/2012 6:24 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
^^^^     Way to Go Man :-) Welcome to Heaven.

Focus the forces, Be The Force

RaptorFA
'11 Suzuki GSX1250FA

Date Joined Jun 2011
Total Posts : 493

Posted 1/15/2012 4:44 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
louemc said...
^^^^     Way to Go Man :-) Welcome to Heaven.
+1. I can only imagine!

Regards -

RaptorFA
Play Hard, Ride Safe