Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > General Motorcycle Chat > As if there weren't enough reasons to not buy a Harley...  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

skyhawk04kilo
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2009
Total Posts : 1639

Posted 1/19/2012 5:36 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I have no idea why they're on this list, but they are.

maddox.xmission.com/

2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S
1978 Yamaha XS650 Special

ZX Rider
Triumph guy

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined May 2010
Total Posts : 485

Posted 1/19/2012 6:20 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
You need to put on your oxygen mask above 14k. What does this have to do with Harley?

Asphalt, the greatest tattoo remover.

skyhawk04kilo
Registered Member

Date Joined Jun 2009

Posted 1/19/2012 6:28 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
ZX Rider said...
You need to put on your oxygen mask above 14k. What does this have to do with Harley?

Depends whether you're just a passenger or one of the crew.

Harley is on the list of companies that support SOPA, the legislation that would have given the government power to censor the internet in many more ways than they currently can. I just thought it was interesting that they were on the list of supporting companies. The article is about boycotting all of the companies on the list...

So it has nothing to do with motorcycles but everything to do with Harley.

2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S

Desmolicious
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2004
Total Posts : 5507

Posted 1/19/2012 6:54 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Well it makes perfect sense.
Harley doesn't want its official Made in China accessories and gear to be counterfeited.
By the Chinese...

Børk! Børk! Børk!

ZX Rider
Triumph guy

Date Joined May 2010

Posted 1/19/2012 7:21 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
That would include Big Dog motorcycles. They have not a clue how many China parts they have. Made is USA is only the package.

thesoapster
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2007
Total Posts : 1408

Posted 1/19/2012 9:35 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hah, you read Maddox? Usually a few laughs and some interesting insight amongst the crass language/humor.

Even Rolex USA supports the legislation. WHY?! Almost all of the organizations have absolutely nothing to gain from it, and potentially a lot to lose. I'm pretty sure they are just completely stupid, which is not a good condition.

Richard47
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2004
Total Posts : 5552

Posted 1/20/2012 2:15 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I promise not to buy a Harley. But it's hard to boycot all that stuff. The car is a Ford, golf clubs Ping, debit card etc etc. And I don't even live in America.

Toilet Brush Dog Owner

Desmolicious
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2004

Posted 1/20/2012 12:52 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
thesoapster said...

Even Rolex USA supports the legislation. WHY?!
Because this legislation will close sites like craigslist, ebay etc due to the anti-piracy claims.

People sell knock offs on those sites.  People also sell the real thing on those sites.  But by eliminating those sites, it also forces shoppers to go the official dealers so the mfgs can control the market.

Børk! Børk! Børk!

Ed__S
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2004
Total Posts : 730

Posted 1/20/2012 1:57 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
OK, what am I missing?  Can't find Hardley listed on that site, nor on the Wikipedia list of co's supporting the bills.

Not that I need another reason to not buy HD, but how does this pertain to them?

St Louis, Missouri
~~~~~~~~~~~
1986 Suzuki Cavalcade LXE (x2)
1986 Cavalcade LXE TRIKE
1986 Cavalcade LX  (sidecar rig)
1987 Cavalcade LXE (project bike)
1988 Cavalcade LX (soon for sale)

jclax01
The world is ruled by Damned Dirty Apes

Date Joined Jan 2008
Total Posts : 5244

Posted 1/20/2012 2:31 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Desmolicious said...

People sell knock offs on those sites.  People also sell the real thing on those sites.  But by eliminating those sites, it also forces shoppers to go the official dealers so the mfgs can control the market.

ding ding ding ding ding.

Ride Hard or Stay home

1994 Kaw Vulcan 88
2007 Piago (my wifes punk ass 50cc scooter) 
1986 kaw Vulcan 750(rebooted and reloaded)

ZX Rider
Triumph guy

Date Joined May 2010

Posted 1/20/2012 3:37 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
If it weren't for Harleys, I would have no one to ride with. They don't leak oil, parts don't fall off anymore, and reliable.

louemc
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 17483

Posted 1/20/2012 5:25 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
^^^ When Spring and beyond comes...and you're out and about on that ZX14....Things should change.

Focus the forces, Be The Force

skyhawk04kilo
Registered Member

Date Joined Jun 2009

Posted 1/20/2012 5:26 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Ed__S said...
OK, what am I missing? Can't find Hardley listed on that site, nor on the Wikipedia list of co's supporting the bills.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_organizations_that_support_the_Stop_Online_Piracy_Act

Not that I need another reason to not buy HD, but how does this pertain to them?

It was on the list yesterday, he must have taken it down.

2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S

MDGeorge
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2008
Total Posts : 856

Posted 1/20/2012 9:35 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
You can't believe everything you read, especially on the internet.

Desmolicious
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2004

Posted 1/23/2012 12:39 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
MDGeorge said...
You can't believe everything you read, especially on the internet.

I don't believe you.

Børk! Børk! Børk!

mrmarklin
Registered Member

Date Joined Feb 2011
Total Posts : 299

Posted 1/23/2012 2:59 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Lots of noise about this formerly pending bill on the HDforum:

code, davidson, harley, harleydavidson, pipa, powered, pro, promotion, sopa, support, supporting, supports, tax, turbo, vbulletin
freaked 

2008 Harley-Davidson Crossbones

[IMG]http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u114/mrmarklin/motorcyclepic-1.jpg[/IMG]

Post Edited (mrmarklin) : 1/23/2012 10:02:09 PM GMT

skyhawk04kilo
Registered Member

Date Joined Jun 2009

Posted 1/23/2012 6:55 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
mrmarklin said...
Lots of noise about this formerly pending bill on the HDforum:

<SPAN style="FLOAT: right" itxtHarvested="0" itxtNodeId="54"> freaked

Wow, that is the best avatar I've ever seen in my life. Good link.

Oh wait there was something about HD there?

2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S

AK Duc
Alaska Born Ducatisti

Date Joined Apr 2005
Total Posts : 922

Posted 1/24/2012 12:09 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
skyhawk04kilo said...
Wow, that is the best avatar I've ever seen in my life. Good link.

LOL I'm AKHD over there and you should SEE some of the avatars on that site!! smilewinkgrin

Lots of pics of attractive females all over that msg board!

AMAZING how many new members coming on too.

Multi Moto Marko

My Ride Reports