Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > General Motorcycle Chat > The Harley Dyna....errr Victory Judge  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

jclax01
The world is ruled by Damned Dirty Apes

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jan 2008
Total Posts : 5244

Posted 1/21/2012 4:09 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I was looking at the victory judge (new bike coming out), and I immediately saw a harley dyna glide. Talk about an almost direct copy. I think the Judge is going to be a pretty good bike. Seems like Victory is building more bikes aimed at the lower price point. They seem to be addressing this sucky economy. Funny how a lot of companies are building these bikes and calling them entry level cruisers. I would never think a 1700 cc machine as entry level.

1994 Kaw Vulcan 88
2007 Piago (my wifes punk ass 50cc scooter) 
1986 kaw Vulcan 750(rebooted and reloaded)

kamo
1100 Honda saber

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Aug 2005
Total Posts : 2061

Posted 1/21/2012 7:40 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
It has sparked a lot of interest on another forum local. 13,999

Kamo 07 1100 Honda Saber Candy Black Cherry. East Alabama If you need a smile, just turn the key and ride!

Meanie_Intruder
Posted a Pic of a Man Thong

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 2099

Posted 1/21/2012 7:49 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Dyan? I don't see it. Nice looking bike, but I'm not a fan of all black. Though, I like the fact Victory is building to suit the economy. Not many companies would do the same and in fact, increase their rates/costs to fill their greedy pockets.

An intelligent person does not need the promise of a heaven to see the merit in good deeds.

GeoffG
Instant Classic

Date Joined Jun 2003
Total Posts : 10791

Posted 1/21/2012 9:26 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
OK, I watched the video...cliche much? lol

jclax01

Date Joined Jan 2008

Posted 1/21/2012 9:42 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
GeoffG said...
OK, I watched the video...cliche much? lol
Nothing says tough like some 2012 version of 1980's hair rock huh? lol

Ride Hard or Stay home

1994 Kaw Vulcan 88

Budoka
Registered Member

Date Joined Feb 2009
Total Posts : 938

Posted 1/21/2012 1:03 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
It's actually not a bad looking bike IMO. Victory is doing good things, and they're gaining popularity. Long ways to go to threaten/hurt the Motor Company though.

I never get lost, there's always lots of people telling me where to go!

Andy VH
Where is the earth shattering kaboom!?

Date Joined Apr 2005
Total Posts : 4952

Posted 1/22/2012 10:39 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Yeah, mucho cliche!,.....but can I have the number of the hottie who took her helmet off?? I may be 54, but I'm far from dead, damn!!! Works for me!

Before the video even started all I could think of was a late 60's, big ol' orange Pontiac GTO Judge. HA! Guess thier marketing was going right after me!

This bike actually reminds me more of the original V92 Victory that came out in 99. I like it, but one thing that always draws my eyes away on the Victory are those two huge mufflers stretching forever, it seems, on the left side of the bike. If it were my bike I'd want someting different, not louder, but different.

Good on Victory to offer something in the $13K range though.

Training, the best safety and performance "equipment" you can get!
Get MSF trained, check out: http://www.msf-usa.org

Desmolicious
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2004
Total Posts : 5507

Posted 1/23/2012 12:35 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
While it may be an ok bike, all the hoopla suggested it was going to be something "new and out of the box"!

Instead it looks like any other Victory but with matte paint.

Harley already did this years ago (cast rims, flat drag bars etc) with the still in production Dyna Fat Bob. And it looks better.

Børk! Børk! Børk!

jclax01

Date Joined Jan 2008

Posted 1/24/2012 7:23 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Desmolicious said...

Harley already did this years ago (cast rims, flat drag bars etc) with the still in production Dyna Fat Bob. And it looks better.

Yeah it does look like a dyna to me too, better looking? thats a matter of debate.

Ride Hard or Stay home

1994 Kaw Vulcan 88

jclax01

Date Joined Jan 2008

Posted 1/24/2012 7:24 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
So I was all on the hype surrounding the new ness victory judge. Waiting and jumping online to see it,......and its a freaking cafe racer thats ugly as sin. talk about a let down.

Ride Hard or Stay home

1994 Kaw Vulcan 88

Desmolicious
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2004
Total Posts : 5507

Posted 1/24/2012 5:25 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
How is that a cafe racer? A cafe racer is a stripped down, light weight bike with clip ons, rearsets etc.

This is just another fat cruiser with a paint job.

Børk! Børk! Børk!

jclax01

Date Joined Jan 2008

Posted 1/25/2012 12:15 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Desmolicious said...
How is that a cafe racer? A cafe racer is a stripped down, light weight bike with clip ons, rearsets etc.

Not the stock Judge desmo. the ness clan got their hands on a pre release model and modified it into a cafe racer. I do not think the cafe racer is going to market, but it was a special job by the cory ness.

Ride Hard or Stay home

1994 Kaw Vulcan 88

Smitty
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 22123

Posted 1/30/2012 11:19 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
As you probably know jclax, not ALL of us are keen on HD/Victory or Cruisers FOR some of us have been riding sportbikes since the the early 80s & prior to that we were modifying our British street irons for road racing then took some of those modifications to our normal street or h/way bike.  Yes we were producing what some Brits called "cafe racers" & THAT is the birth of the JPN made sportbikes including Duke.

Remember all the others on the road are crazy & out to kill you.

jhawk
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2007
Total Posts : 204

Posted 1/30/2012 12:22 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
jclax01 said...
Desmolicious said...

Not the stock Judge desmo. the ness clan got their hands on a pre release model and modified it into a cafe racer. I do not think the cafe racer is going to market, but it was a special job by the cory ness.

jckax.... it's still just another heavy cruiser, if you're talking about this version of the Judge:

“I generally avoid temptation... unless I can't resist it.”