Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > General Motorcycle Chat > New Forum is UP  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
36 posts in this thread.
Viewing Page :
 1  2 
[ << Previous Thread | Show Newest Post First ]

Rich_S
MCUSA Staff

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2009
Total Posts : -537

Posted 1/23/2012 5:20 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
The New Forum is up.

Exsisting posts will not be automatically transfered. It will have to be done manually. I will set up a section to coordinate efforts to move stuff of value over.

Please make a mymoto account to access the new forums:

I will also be making a thread for exsisting users to post in to get their accounts up to the required amount to access all forum features.

The old forum will be locked up at the end of today (1-25-2012)

For all your motorcycle news and motorcycle reviews - Motorcycle-usa.com

RIP Marco Simoncelli

Post Edited (Rich_S) : 1/26/2012 9:01:10 PM GMT

DataDan
Rodent Of Unusual Size

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Sep 2003
Total Posts : 1054

Posted 1/23/2012 6:48 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I've collected links to posts I'd like to transfer over when that becomes possible. Will I be able to use the URL's I've saved as "favorites", or will I need some other way to identify posts?

A superior rider uses superior judgment to avoid problems that would demand his superior skill.

jclax01
The world is ruled by Damned Dirty Apes

Date Joined Jan 2008
Total Posts : 5244

Posted 1/24/2012 9:00 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
motorcycle-usa///facebook LOL

hey I am up with the times and it does look good.

Ride Hard or Stay home

1994 Kaw Vulcan 88
2007 Piago (my wifes punk ass 50cc scooter) 
1986 kaw Vulcan 750(rebooted and reloaded)

Rich_S
MCUSA Staff

Date Joined Feb 2009

Posted 1/24/2012 9:31 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
DataDan said...
I've collected links to posts I'd like to transfer over when that becomes possible. Will I be able to use the URL's I've saved as "favorites", or will I need some other way to identify posts?

To my knowledge there shouldn't be any issues accessing the old data. I would hold on to the direct urls for quick access. Theres a thread already created on the new forum for folks to point out what they will be moving over so there isn't any duplication.

So far everything i've heard says new forum some time today. We'll see if they make it happen or not. lol

Smitty
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 22123

Posted 1/24/2012 10:47 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Sort of replied, but applying is often quite different, not matter what.

Only if this m/c board is lost.  Otherwise I would rather stick to the present board.

Remember all the others on the road are crazy & out to kill you.

Meanie_Intruder
Posted a Pic of a Man Thong

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 2099

Posted 1/24/2012 5:06 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Upon clicking the link you provided, I signed into the MotoUSA site and I'm taken to a page to "Sign Up for A New Account". Do I need to complete that in order to access the forum or is my MotoUSA username sufficient?

Thanks

An intelligent person does not need the promise of a heaven to see the merit in good deeds.

RaptorFA
'11 Suzuki GSX1250FA

Date Joined Jun 2011
Total Posts : 493

Posted 1/24/2012 6:44 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Well, I guess it had to happen at some point. I will approach it with guarded enthusiasm, as the testing I was doing got so frustrating I just stopped going there. I trust the bug thread will still be up? 

Regards -

RaptorFA
Play Hard, Ride Safe

el SID
merely a man equipped with a bag a seedless grapes

Date Joined Nov 2010
Total Posts : 1947

Posted 1/24/2012 11:29 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Rap, Ive been on it today. works good looks wonderful. Even starteed a new race pic of the day

Best bike out is the one Im on,sod the rest lmao
current hacks

1996 honda vfr
2012 tuono rsv4 aprc on order baby.... march 2012
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125 I have broken her back. I feel guilty. she may have to be laid to rest.

AK Duc
Alaska Born Ducatisti

Date Joined Apr 2005
Total Posts : 922

Posted 1/24/2012 11:47 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
So this msg board will be totally gone?!?

Mark H.

My Ride Reports

Richard47
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2004
Total Posts : 5552

Posted 1/25/2012 2:23 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

So how do I get to this new forum? I clicked on the link Rich provided, which gave me the home page. I've already registered, so I logged on and my nice new pic of Charlie appeared as my avatar. I clicked on the forums tag and nothing happened for a while, then it reverted to this page. Remember, Rich, that some of us folks are barely computer literate, I include myself in that category. Don't give me a load of stuff about URL's, I have no idea about those. Make it simple for us dummies!

Oh, and while I think of it, I tried to include my bikes on my profile. I couldn't because the list stops at 2003. 2003?! You must be joking, do you think I have a bike as new as that? My newest bike is ten years older and the others are far older. In the end I included them with my pics. You need the ability to include your bike by typing it in, my bike is not a US model anyway, although the old ones are.

Don't piss us old farts off MCUSA, the forum will be a bit thin without us. 

Toilet Brush Dog Owner

Drunkula
Registered Member

Date Joined Dec 2006
Total Posts : 539

Posted 1/25/2012 8:53 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I've gotta say I'm confused, too.  I am logged into MyMoto section but I don't see a new forum [yet?].

Rich_S
MCUSA Staff

Date Joined Feb 2009

Posted 1/25/2012 9:32 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Drunkula said...
I've gotta say I'm confused, too.  I am logged into MyMoto section but I don't see a new forum [yet?].

Sorry, forum isn't quite up yet, a few more small bugs needed to be addressed. You'll know when you click that forum button and it goes to a different place.

AK Duc said...
So this msg board will be totally gone?!?

Mark H.

No, they won't be gone. I've made sure they will still be around for people to refrence.

Richard47 said...

So how do I get to this new forum? I clicked on the link Rich provided, which gave me the home page. I've already registered, so I logged on and my nice new pic of Charlie appeared as my avatar. I clicked on the forums tag and nothing happened for a while, then it reverted to this page. Remember, Rich, that some of us folks are barely computer literate, I include myself in that category. Don't give me a load of stuff about URL's, I have no idea about those. Make it simple for us dummies!

Oh, and while I think of it, I tried to include my bikes on my profile. I couldn't because the list stops at 2003. 2003?! You must be joking, do you think I have a bike as new as that? My newest bike is ten years older and the others are far older. In the end I included them with my pics. You need the ability to include your bike by typing it in, my bike is not a US model anyway, although the old ones are.

Don't piss us old farts off MCUSA, the forum will be a bit thin without us.

Yeah, we're aware of the lack of bikes to choose from. It is based on our current buyers guide which is very limited when it comes to older models. I'd like to get it where you can just type in your own information or access a bigger database but its a hard road to travel to get that fixed at the moment.

shakehead 

Tros
Global Moderator

Date Joined Apr 2004
Total Posts : 7362

Posted 1/25/2012 11:22 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I'm happy to see the new forum is coming around, Rich.

2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650R
"People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost."

Kz1000st
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2008
Total Posts : 351

Posted 1/25/2012 12:12 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I hate it already. What? You can't move a thread until you post 20 times. That's just stupid. Keep this forum going until you abandon the other so we have some place to go to.

Rich_S
MCUSA Staff

Date Joined Feb 2009

Posted 1/25/2012 12:26 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Kz1000st said...
I hate it already. What? You can't move a thread until you post 20 times. That's just stupid. Keep this forum going until you abandon the other so we have some place to go to.
An area in the new around the campfire section was created so you can get your post count up to get around the anti-spammer items we put in place.  I'll see if they can adjust the rules for the first week or two to allow less posts before you can make a new thread.

DataDan
Rodent Of Unusual Size

Date Joined Sep 2003
Total Posts : 1054

Posted 1/25/2012 12:35 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Keep at it, Rich, et al. I'm looking forward to it.

As a veteran of hundreds of new software release roll-outs, I sympathize with your developers. It never goes quite as you planned it and tracked it on those status reports for the last 12 months. And it never fails that some manager will ask--while the FedEx guy is standing there waiting for the final version of the DVD to be burned--"Say, did you see that email I sent about adding the Transcendent Omnipotential Security Override feature?"

A superior rider uses superior judgment to avoid problems that would demand his superior skill.

Rich_S
MCUSA Staff

Date Joined Feb 2009

Posted 1/25/2012 1:24 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Be sure to check the first post for updated info and a link to the new forum.

DataDan said...

Keep at it, Rich, et al. I'm looking forward to it.

As a veteran of hundreds of new software release roll-outs, I sympathize with your developers. It never goes quite as you planned it and tracked it on those status reports for the last 12 months. And it never fails that some manager will ask--while the FedEx guy is standing there waiting for the final version of the DVD to be burned--"Say, did you see that email I sent about adding the Transcendent Omnipotential Security Override feature?"

Thanks DataDan, it has been a long process!

Kz1000st
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2008
Total Posts : 351

Posted 1/25/2012 1:52 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I didn't mean to be so abrasive. It was just seeing an error message while trying something. I have a short fuse sometimes.

Smitty
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2003

Posted 1/25/2012 6:44 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
i have a hunch someone in charge has a post up their rear & reason so many of us are screwed up.  This is a prize flop honest to gosh.

They are asking for friends on the older board to photos of our bikes & good thing in a while they will be damanding how many miles have you clocked without breaking the ruddy law.

No photos form me as my Leca IIIC of 1950 (probably before some of you were born) in 35mm & the light meter was sort of totalled when tumbling on a mountain climb and YES some of us actually climbed mountains.  The Pentax Spotomatic is missing its batteris that operate the built in Camera SO NO RUDDY PHOTOS FROM ME.

I have a hunch they are demanding all in SMALL LETTERING & since I started to scribble I have always used a Capital Letter at the start.  IF anyone saw my signature on a cheque then part of it is in capital letters,So Kz1000 they accepted your handle.  Mine of Smitty is not accepted.  Yet when a Dispatch Rider for the Sgnal Corps the chaps told me to keep my handle simple & easy for others to understant so what the 'ell is wrong with Smitty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also I have been trying to get on this NEW m/c board you claim to be so good since last morning it was mentioned & gave up last night, BUT here I am STILL trying, BUT I only have so much patience believe me.

Also have not called you an "arse hole" as of to-date a I might as my patience along with computer crap I just might for i do have it in mind!!!!!!!!!

Post Edited (Smitty) : 1/26/2012 6:38:19 PM GMT

Smitty
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2003

Posted 1/25/2012 7:15 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Rich did you & some others try to jump across the Okanagan Lake for it is 2.5 miles wide & over 150 miles long?  Well I can assure you even the ducks to Cdn Geese hover close to the shore lines.  They are NOT STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Edited (Smitty) : 1/26/2012 8:09:20 PM GMT

Rich_S
MCUSA Staff

Date Joined Feb 2009

Posted 1/26/2012 9:41 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Smitty said...
Rich did you & some others try to jump across the Okanagan Lake?  Well I can assure you even the ducks to Cdn Geese hover close to the shore line.  They are NOT STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smitty we'd enjoy your presence on the new forum. I'd like to do what I can to help make the transition.  According to out tech guys "Smitty" is available and not in use on the new forum.

We know that many bikes are not listed and we hope to have that fixed here in the near future.

Feel free to send me a PM and let me know where you're having trouble.

Smitty
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2003

Posted 1/26/2012 11:24 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

This is a prize screw up & you know it Rich.  Some other twit used the same handle for a name then for crying out loud give me  Smythe & if that is to much of a strain then give me Smythe7 got on a newspaper THAT IS ACCEPTED.

Please note Richard's words of "--Don't piss us old farts off MCUSA, the forum will be a bit thin without us.----" which means he is one of MANY that cannot get on BUT THINK of it for he is worth a mint when it comes to problems in this m/c world. 

Smitty
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2003

Posted 1/26/2012 11:30 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Rich I am NOT going to change my handle of Smitty to Smythe UNLESS you say it will be accepted, because the name is pretty common----meaning a lot of us with the last name of SMITH, so there can be a screw-up AFTER ALL I am accepted on other m/c to gun boards to conversation about what makes the world tick with the handle of Smitty bar one newspaper where I have had to use Smythe7 THOUGH correction in one as it being SMYTHE for at the m/c shop with the second owner being of British birth & brought up to the third owner also being British to our head mechanic also being a Mosquito fighter pilot from '38 till he rerired in '46 which is a bit of an eye-openers SO l learned  their sligh change in words about bikes to spanners & such.

You are out front dealing with a prospective m/c buyer or a part of two & one of them spots the bike I was working on last to hear "Smythe what in the 'ell were you doing on this bike" being so common.  Only Cdns or Americans called me Smitty. 

Post Edited (Smitty) : 1/28/2012 6:47:18 AM GMT

Smitty
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2003

Posted 1/26/2012 1:23 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Rich i am assuming this is a facebook thing & I do NOT belong to facebook twitter or you name it.

If so they you would have been so much smarter if you had explained it from the very start.

I have had FB trying to talk me into comming onto FB & even picked my so called FRIENDS on FB, I might remember one at the gun club, but the rest were probably picked out from the Clubs pamphlet.

This also jives in with the photos of ones bike to othes & I told you my two 35mm Cameras like my Lieca & Pentax the light beaters do not work due to damage in a long tumble down a mountain plus the Pentax batteries went dead 4 or 6 yrs ago & I will have to order a dozed or so from SOME(??????) firm in Edmonton Alberta when only two are required PLUS I do NOT know how to send a photo for I am NOT familiar with computers.  With m/cs yes & the same with h/guns to also reloading of ammo no matter what powders are used. 

So FB does SMELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  To also being out on rides with others I will hav you know that most of my years of riding have be solo & not riding with others since way back in 1946!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Edited (Smitty) : 1/29/2012 4:28:40 AM GMT

louemc
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 17483

Posted 1/26/2012 1:30 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
This problem is only a problem, Smitty, because the people doing the switchover, aren't real skilled.

It isn't exactly a big task to switch users to the new format....unless they were flipping burgers at their last job.

Focus the forces, Be The Force