Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > General Motorcycle Chat > New Forum is UP  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
36 posts in this thread.
Viewing Page :
 1  2 
[ << Previous Thread | Show Newest Post First ]

Rich_S
MCUSA Staff

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2009
Total Posts : -537

Posted 1/26/2012 1:52 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Smitty said...

Rich a am assuming this is a facebook thing & I do NOT belong to facebook twitter or you name it.

If so they you would have been so much smarter if you had explained it from the very start.

I have had FB trying to talk me into comming onto FB & even picked my so called FRIENDS on FB, I might remember one at the gun club, but the rest were probably picked out from the Clubs pamphlet.

This also jives in with the photos of ones bike to othes & I told you my two 35mm Cameras like my Lieca & Pentax the light beaters do not work due to damage in a long tumble down a mountain plus the Pentax batteries went dead 4 or 6 yrs ago & I will have to order a dozed or so from SOME(??????) firm in Edmonton Alberta when only two are required PLUS I do NOT know how to send a photo for I am NOT familiar with computers.  With m/cs yes & the same with h/guns to also reloading of ammo no matter what powders are used. 

So FB does SMELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  To also being out on rides with others I will hav you know that most of my years of riding have be solo & not riding with others since way back in 1946!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By no means are we trying to piss anyone off or make anyone join some sort of "facebook thing".

As for changing your online handle, if you're speaking of the login name, that is only for logging in to the site and doesn't determine the name folks see on the forum.

I will attempt to offer some detailed images this afternoon for anyone to follow that is having any trouble getting on to the new forum.

Here is the link again if you had missed it.

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/Forums

I do apologize for any confusion. sad

For all your motorcycle news and motorcycle reviews - Motorcycle-usa.com

RIP Marco Simoncelli

Post Edited (Rich_S) : 1/27/2012 12:51:15 AM GMT

Rich_S
MCUSA Staff

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2009
Total Posts : -537

Posted 1/26/2012 1:58 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Here is a quick guide to setting your name to use on the MCUSA forum:

3. Click the "edit about me" on the left side and you should see this:

4. The display name is what is shown on the MCUSA forum. Change it and click update. Some times you have to click it twice. If the name is already taken or you have a symbol that isn't allowed it will let you know in red text near the box. Spaces are allowed but most symbols are not.

5. Once you are done come to the forum: http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/Forums

I hope this clears up any confusion.

For all your motorcycle news and motorcycle reviews - Motorcycle-usa.com

RIP Marco Simoncelli

Post Edited (Rich_S) : 1/27/2012 12:12:16 AM GMT

Smitty
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 22123

Posted 1/26/2012 5:51 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Nothing like making it complicated & YES you have done so in a prize way.

I do not know the lst names of the usual regulars, nor their town or cities & doubt if others know my full name plus the small town I am in other then once in a while I will say Okanagan Valley.  Which goes from the border of the USA & Canada to the Trans Canada highway which passes three cities & many small towns.  The Trans Canada Hwy is what I worked on back in '52 to '58 & is now called Road #1 or something like that.

I have given up my handle of Smitty to Smythe & used my old password or numbers.  No I cannot do back flips for you as to many bones have been broken in the last while plus ex-broken back to both hips have been broken, one has been crushed & such.

NOTE I started to join up properly when lst mentioned a day plus ago, but rejected & seem some other person was using my "Smitty" so went on as "Smythe" & still scored a bautiful FAILURE.

So Rich you must admit this is next to a total failue.  Makes me think of failing in Grade two, a few years later.  Give credit to measles of all forms to evern  repeated the measldes, mumps to who knows what else.  How many of you have failed in Grade two or how many of you regulars can remember you or some of others failed in Grade two.

Failed a few other grades.  Saw Grade 10 & KNEW this requires a MEMORY which i did not have & told the principal I would quit & start to word at a m/c shop for $80.00 a month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  The owner realize I was effected with epelipsy & even had a bad seizure when working on some carbs of a Triumph Tiger 100.

It is up to you Rich to get this cleared up otherwise it will be recognized as a flop from the start.  Yet Cadd got his started without any fuss or failures, but being mainly on Cruisers I did not visit it.

I had some problems with getting on a Subaru cage one of Cdns.  After a number of tries they had me in ON THEIR OWN so no monkeyin around.

I thought it was so childish when it read "--Play Fantasy Racing games--"

Remember all the others on the road are crazy & out to kill you.

Post Edited (Smitty) : 1/29/2012 4:33:07 AM GMT

Smitty
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2003

Posted 1/28/2012 4:47 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

YES we know what is like when we Key in for it flunks every darn time.  Out of curisity how many days & hours have I signed into only to find i had flunked AGAIN & as Richard pointed out he wanted it is simple form & not all the fancy crap you have in your mind.

Same must be noted by a number of some others & I have to wonder about the four or six chaps, that are riders, that signed in on the day or so ago, only to have everything flunk, other then a few lines in reply from some of us & NO we were not claiming this board would fold for a new francy one.  THAT DOES NOT WORK!!!!!!!!!!!

Smitty
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2003

Posted 1/28/2012 4:59 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Once again Lou is correct in that who ever is sort of in charge, is not experienced in this matter OTHERWISE he would not be trying to make excuses for his failures & the number of regulars to even newbies  that have said he can screw it up.

Hard to believe I am still struggling with a maze of failures since the very start AND only reason I have stuck around is that I like most of them. 

How incourging it is to after applying your name/handle & password they come out with the famous Login name not recognized.

So with ideas that we should be playing computer games taking photos of this & that to possibly paying so much a month etc, etc.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Edited (Smitty) : 1/29/2012 4:38:53 AM GMT

Smitty
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2003

Posted 1/29/2012 4:54 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Well Rich here I am AGAIN tying to join, but something is wrong to your so called brain wave.  I try to use my handle of Smitty which you say is FINALLY legal so I try my old passwor on the prior m/c board only that is a prize flop.  I try to ask for a new one & again it is a frigg'n nil SO since this is SORT OF YOUR BRAIN WAVE THEN WHAT IN THE 'ELL AS i DOING WRONG.

Remember upon the lst day, of your notice I tried & have tried day after day from the start of the morning to sometime after supper.  TRUE I did not start up to-day for I was once again the chap that opened up the indoor h/gun shooting range to something like 9 shooters & made sure all was going along in a SAFETY MANNER.

Finally it was down to my best friend also with a modified 45ACP though the lips of his one magazine were showeing the magazine needed replacing so he used one of my spare ones & it was interesting that we were both pugging a lot of rounds into the bull along with a magazie on the back of the target.

So when it comes to h/guns, along with modifications to me reloading my own ammo loads the accuracy is spot on, not using an Aimpoint as some do,  got er oth shot with iron sights.--------------telling you I know what I am doing, but wonder if ROSS or whoever knows what he is doing??????????????????????

Smitty
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2003

Posted 1/30/2012 11:02 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Well Russ this so called new & better m/c board is your screw-up.  For once again I tried to sign up & you did say my handle of Smitty would be accepted,BUT neither you or anyone has given my the stiupid password so I used the one to the other m/c board WE WERE ALL ON & the password was accepted there plus my handle but now I get The text you entered does not match the text from the image. "--Please try again--"  Think of this since DAY ONE I have been trying to dail in this super-duper m/c board has f----d EACH TIME & THAT IS AROUND THREE TIMES AGAIN.  tACK ON OF I have sent you a PM & still bugger all.

So is this as great as you claim OR is it a prize screw-up.  For once I see it in they way it should be I could be peeved enought to tell you to take it  up your arse.

So I am not overly plight, but then with so many screw-ups two or three times a day since the start THEN YOU HAVE TO ADMIT YOU OR POSSIBLY SOMEONE HELPING YOU HAS MADE A PRIZE MESS.

Tack on the fact that you would straighten things up if I sent you & PM & yes I have sent a number ONLY beans all.  No thanks to you & the rest at your job. Just think you are getting paid for this, but as a Club's handgun director/instructor I have to explian a lot to prospective members. to even LOAN them one of my guns to show them a few others as they no beans all about a revolver or semi-auto AND even start to teach them with MY AMMO TO MY GUN.  The pay from the Club is BUGGER ALL, yes I even supply them with one of my targets & tools if needed.

Tack on the fact that even a regular shooter might have a jammed gun. I will correct it there FOR with my tools, for I  do not want to see someone try to correct the jam at home ONLY to have the gun go off, the round go through the wall to hit his wife, kids or possibly an apartment of another place & same to their family.  Remember AGAIN that I am not paid a penny for this work & have been doing it since back in 1970 or even earlier---Meaning EVERY DARN TIME.

Post Edited (Smitty) : 1/30/2012 6:13:11 PM GMT

GAJ
Registered Member

Date Joined Jul 2007
Total Posts : 6845

Posted 1/30/2012 12:37 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Rich, why don't you simply set up an account for Smitty?

I've never seen him so riled up.

bunchof6
Troll/Squid/Spambot

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 4566

Posted 1/30/2012 6:13 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
louemc said...
This problem is only a problem, Smitty, because the people doing the switchover, aren't real skilled.

It isn't exactly a big task to switch users to the new format....unless they were flipping burgers at their last job.

Writing forum software from scratch is a big deal. There is really no way you can transition to a new board built from scratch without there being problems, but there is a crew at work fixing it as they go along. 9 years is a good run for this old board software.

Flipping burgers doesnt mean much these days anyway. You got doctors and engineers doing it now.

this is not here

skyhawk04kilo
Registered Member

Date Joined Jun 2009
Total Posts : 1639

Posted 1/30/2012 9:25 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Smitty, you can't try to log into the new forum with the name Smitty and your old password. The username did not transfer over. You can still use the name Smitty, but you have to sign up for a NEW account on the NEW board. Trying to log in with your old account won't work.

If you send me your email address, I'll set it up for you and email you the login info. PM me your email if you are okay with that.

2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S
1978 Yamaha XS650 Special

skyhawk04kilo
Registered Member

Date Joined Jun 2009
Total Posts : 1639

Posted 1/30/2012 9:30 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Nevermind, just saw you finally got on the new one...

2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S
1978 Yamaha XS650 Special