Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > General Motorcycle Chat > How can you start a subject-----  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

Smitty
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 22123

Posted 1/26/2012 6:20 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
----when you still cannot join this new board???????????????  I have been rejected for past three days or more & that means from morning to in the evening & STILL rejected.

I have never stumbled across a board so mixed up as this one AND like most others I am trying to get in legally, but the computer does not seem to feel this to be true or something

Rich if this is your doing then it is the s**ts, & you have to admit it.  I admit that I worked as a monitor of one that was bound to fail &  attempted on SPEED to form a m/c board.  I tried to point out that it was a 100% flop & after a while they to gave up.

Remember all the others on the road are crazy & out to kill you.

Post Edited (Smitty) : 1/28/2012 2:28:23 AM GMT

louemc
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 17483

Posted 1/27/2012 12:23 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I understand Your frustration Smitty...I'm not even going to bother trying to join the new site.

If You would be interested in an active site that has some top rider/racers...I can recommend BARF.
That stands for Bay Area Riders Forum...It might be more hassle than You want, breaking into a new site, and members mostly talking about the area they live in....But there are some riders that are of the best type.

BARF has moderators that are highly skilled, and savvy, and the moderators keep the place running smooth.

Focus the forces, Be The Force

GAJ
Registered Member

Date Joined Jul 2007
Total Posts : 6845

Posted 1/27/2012 12:57 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Can one of the mods help Smitty out by setting up his account on the new site and sending him the password for the new site?

Rich_S
MCUSA Staff

Date Joined Feb 2009
Total Posts : -537

Posted 1/27/2012 1:07 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
GAJ said...
Can one of the mods help Smitty out by setting up his account on the new site and sending him the password for the new site?

I can do that if he can send me a private message with his information. I believe he has an account made already, If not I can make one for him.

Smitty
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2003

Posted 1/27/2012 6:37 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Okay Rich I am sort of on this board, but what board & how do I dial it in.  IF(?) this works then what is the name of the m/c board as you stated a day plus ago that it was deleted.  For it seems like the old one has been restored & YES they accepted my handle for a name & same password like in prior years. 

Obviously this dramattic change to a better m/c board has a LOT confused including myself.  For really I do not know unless I have to sign in with handle & password to the boards (computers) demands.

Being the old fart I am I was listening to something on the NEWS & they were saying so many of these computer screw-ups or you name it are common to those just about to become a teener.

Well you know what most of us say to a NEWBIE that wants of powerful sleek looking sportbike for his FIRST bike to some that say they want it to last 25 yrs & will ride SLOWLY for the safety.  Proof that a lot of young ones are in a different world & it is not the knowledge or the m/c end or language.

I rarely answer at PM for it is a lot of fuss & that is not to my liking.

Like I just got word that this Sunday there is going to be a 3-D archery tournament & I agreed )in the past 6 yrs) we in the h/gun section would not be shooting.  Finally they are doing the same & SAME with Trap.  At least I did not have to answer back other then to let my best friend know about this comming Sunday of NO SHOOTING. 

Still a LOT of threads we were using almost daily have been eliminated or you name it as I feel they have been scratched according to the power of Rich. 

Post Edited (Smitty) : 1/28/2012 2:34:15 AM GMT

Smitty
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2003

Posted 1/27/2012 7:31 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

The interesting think GAJ is that finally Rich has got the ruddy computer to expect my old handle of Smitty & YES will even accept my Password as used on the prior board that I liked to be on so much.

Like I do not come on once in a month to rave about my bike being faster then most others, but am there basically DAILY as you are GAJ & so many others.

Pitty is I think we lost Richard from the UK & he has been with a fortune when it comes to correcting errors Plus he treats those in the question in such a polite manner.

I do not & you received a taste of it in the last few days due to the screw-ups

Post Edited (Smitty) : 1/28/2012 6:39:21 AM GMT

Meanie_Intruder
Posted a Pic of a Man Thong

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 2099

Posted 1/28/2012 9:08 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Smitty, I understand it can be difficult to teach old dogs new tricks. From what I've seen through the years, your input, opinions, comments, etc. are highly regarded and delighted to read. Therefore, please try to keep that mind fresh and adapt to the new forum. It'll be worth it in the long run.
Smitty said...

The interesting think GAJ is that finally Rich has got the ruddy computer to expect my old handle of Smitty & YES will even accept my Password as used on the prior board that I liked to be on so much.

Like I do not come on once in a month to rave about my bike being faster then most others, but am there basically DAILY as you are GAJ & so many others.

Pitty is I think we lost Richard from the UK & he has been with a fortune when it comes to correcting errors Plus he treats those in the question in such a polite manner.

I do not & you received a taste of it in the last few days due to the screw-ups

An intelligent person does not need the promise of a heaven to see the merit in good deeds.

Smitty
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2003

Posted 1/28/2012 12:25 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Rich, honest to gosh I do not even know what I am to dial into as being this famous new one.  Then when there is my handle of Smitty going to be accepted as to also my password as used for past six years.

Forget the photo crap as my 35mm cameras are on the blink, you know something like a Leica iii due to a tumble down a moutain & the light meter was totlled, for the Pentax Spotomatic is lacking batteries for the inclosed light meter & has been so for the past 6 yrs------no photo shop has them.

Even GeoffG that probably has a photo of me, will not use it on this or any board for at the time I said "I am not in favour of photos or myself"  That was some years back & Geoff would not show the print of me & my aged old kisser.

Smitty
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2003

Posted 1/28/2012 12:40 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Interesting that I do now even know what to dial in to get on this super duper new board with the maze of things one must do to even join up.

Remember 4 to 6 joined yesterday on the old board.  So REALLY SHOULD THE OLD ONE BE THE ANSWER & THE NEW SUPER DUPER ONE BE SCRATCHED???????

GAJ
Registered Member

Date Joined Jul 2007
Total Posts : 6845

Posted 1/28/2012 1:09 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Smitty, google "motorcycle usa" and then click at the top where it says
Motorcycle News and Motorcycles - Motorcycle USA

When you click on that it will take you to the Motorcycle USA home page.

Near the top right you will see "Forums" click on that and you will be taken to the new forum where you can log in.

Or just click on this link:

www.motorcycle-usa.com/Forums

Good luck!

Smitty
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2003

Posted 1/28/2012 1:24 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Rus when going by your word I sort of found it, but then questionabl, & dialed in with my handle & my password.  All I got in return is
Login name not recognized.

Also if it is so many dollars to belong then forget about my bitching for I will go to anothe m/c board or two.

Smitty
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2003

Posted 1/28/2012 4:36 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Rich, just in case you want to know & possibly why we are loosing some regulars for I  tried AGAIN & my answer was.  So you might wonder why some are not signing up like they use to & so many have been good regulars & RICHARD told you what he thought of you pissing off older riders in a polite manner.

Sorry we were unable to process your subscription at this time. You may be receiving this error if you have already subscribed to MotorcycleUSA’s newsletter. Please try again or contact us at newsletter@motorcycle-usa.com to confirm your subscription or contest entry. Thank you!

Smitty
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2003

Posted 1/28/2012 4:38 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
YES Rich I sent you several PMs as of to date & all have flunked ior you have not done a darn since then.

skyhawk04kilo
Registered Member

Date Joined Jun 2009
Total Posts : 1639

Posted 1/29/2012 2:51 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Smitty, I had some trouble following what you have already tried, so forgive me if I'm saying something you already know.

In order to log into the new forum, you will have to make a new account. Your login ID from this site won't work over there. That doesn't mean you can't use the name Smitty, it just means you will have to make a new account named Smitty because it's a different computer program. You can set up the new account named Smitty here:

www.motorcycle-usa.com/MyMotoUSA/Register.aspx

Once you have set up the account you can get to the forum here:

www.motorcycle-usa.com/Forums

Hope this helps.

2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S
1978 Yamaha XS650 Special