Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > General Motorcycle Chat > TO ALL: "What kind of club...?"  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
92 posts in this thread.
Viewing Page :
 1  2  3  4 
[ | Show Newest Post First ]

CaddmannQ
Random Moto-geek

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jul 2003
Total Posts : 17674

Posted 2/11/2004 5:04 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Johnny Monsoon said... visiting here is easily one of my favorite things to do...
 confused  Gee, with only 2676 posts in 6 months, how were we supposed to tell? confused

turn yeah turn yeah turn

Cadd
Clovis CA
VROC #11619
2004 Nomad

GeoffG
Instant Classic

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2003
Total Posts : 10791

Posted 2/11/2004 6:15 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I think folks have to realize that message boards are somewhat of a new form of communication (the internet's been in common use now for what, less than 10 years?) and many folks are not familiar with them. Not everyone knows the rules offhand, and some only see them as free advertising. I am a regular on several boards, off and on, both business and personal--I have found most posters on most boards I visit to be sane, friendly, and helpful.

I gotta admit, though, I have never received a group tonguelashing like you guys have given some of the recent new posters here (you know who I mean). Of course, I am always incredibly polite and respectful to all (except in the War Room--grrrr). smilewinkgrin :p lol devil

ianisme
Typical Bloody Brit!

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 8211

Posted 2/11/2004 6:21 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Archimoto said...
by the way, Puppy did apply to join the wanker contingent. Unfortunately his application was rejected on the basis that his IQ is over 100 and therefore does not meet the double digit IQ requisite.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you only need 5 digits to be a wanker devil

it's horny, it has a HUGE scrotum, it's bouncing up and down rythmically. Whats to be offensive about it ??? (SD)

CaddmannQ
Random Moto-geek

Date Joined Jul 2003

Posted 2/11/2004 6:23 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Two, in a pinch....

eyes eyes eyes

Cadd
Clovis CA
VROC #11619
2004 Nomad

anrfknm
vroc #13815 - rolling blunder #182

Date Joined Jul 2003
Total Posts : 2727

Posted 2/11/2004 8:39 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
puppy said:
"MC-USA's forums are in my opinion the finest group of folks on the net PERIOD.

We have insano's, wacko's, perverts and freaks, we have eggheads, pinheads and geeks.

But we all have at least ONE thing in common ... motorcycles.

Sure there might be an established "core" of personalities that've been around a long time and sometimes that "core" can overlook a "new face" in a discussion but I think overall we here at MC-USA's forums usually do a pretty good job of welcoming new folks.

I'd hate to see that change."

here i agree with puppy. this is a friendly group of people, more then willing to accept you if you're not a jerk or in some cases, even if you are. there have been a couple of people that came to visit, that seemed more interested in self promotion then joining our group, but i suppose that's to be expected when you leave the door open. the people i don't wish to deal with, i don't. the rest, i enjoy when ever possible. anyone, who comes in here willing to be friendly and join our group will be welcomed.

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
-Thomas Jefferson

archimoto
2001 B12

Date Joined Apr 2003
Total Posts : 1461

Posted 2/12/2004 12:05 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
ianisme said...
Archimoto said...
by the way, Puppy did apply to join the wanker contingent. Unfortunately his application was rejected on the basis that his IQ is over 100 and therefore does not meet the double digit IQ requisite.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you only need 5 digits to be a wanker devil
ummm...errrr...what are you getting at?

i'll ride anything that moves! ... ummm ... *scratching head*

louemc
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 17483

Posted 2/12/2004 12:21 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
We have such high standards for this site, high digit wanks fit right in. :-)

lionlady
-----Mistress of Novices. -Total miles: 85,000+

Date Joined Sep 2003
Total Posts : 2759

Posted 2/12/2004 1:54 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
archimoto said...
ianisme said...
Archimoto said...
ummm...errrr...what are you getting at?
PLEASE, archi, tell me you were joking - even I figured out the 'five digit' reference. turn

Well behaved women rarely make history.

archimoto
2001 B12

Date Joined Apr 2003

Posted 2/12/2004 2:10 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
for future reference, i'm serious about 5% of the time ;)

louemc
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 17483

Posted 2/12/2004 2:20 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
If I knew how to put the laughing faces up, there would be a string of them. :-)

archimoto
2001 B12

Date Joined Apr 2003

Posted 2/12/2004 2:25 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
by the way, that happened to be one of the few times that i was serious...it went right over my head :)

would someone please spell it out for the dumb wanker?     roll

Post Edited (archimoto) : 2/12/2004 9:42:18 PM GMT

Mac_Muz
Steering Committee

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 10321

Posted 2/12/2004 8:46 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
And I made this sticky? What was I thinking? Mac

CaddmannQ
Random Moto-geek

Date Joined Jul 2003

Posted 2/12/2004 9:32 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Three or four more wanker jokes and you can just jerk it right off the board...errr...I mean delete it.

Cadd
Clovis CA
VROC #11619
2004 Nomad

Retread
Registered Member

Date Joined Feb 2004
Total Posts : 11

Posted 2/13/2004 10:06 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hay Cadd man. I posted for the first time a few months back and was pretty much drummed out of the corp so to speak. So I stayed away for a while, mostly it was your too old to ride type of stuff and had my colors dissed. So your point is well taken.

Thanks

Retread Kent.

archimoto
2001 B12

Date Joined Apr 2003

Posted 2/13/2004 2:56 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
are you saying that the collective here told you that you're too old to ride? i can't imagine any of the regulars taking that position. Granted i didn't see that thread but i find that hard to believe. if so, it must have been someone in the minority so it's too bad they turned you off. Hopefully you'll give this place another shot.

CaddmannQ
Random Moto-geek

Date Joined Jul 2003

Posted 2/13/2004 3:43 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Retread said...
Hay Cadd man. I posted for the first time a few months back and was pretty much drummed out of the corp so to speak. So I stayed away for a while, mostly it was your too old to ride type of stuff and had my colors dissed. So your point is well taken.

Thanks
Yeah, I remember that little incident. I would say that you need to take these guys with a little thicker skin sometimes; and, some of them need to tone it down a bit too.

There really wasn't any excuse for what happened.

How's the Portland Bald Riders...errr...Old Riders...errr...Old Farts...ummm whatever's comming along?

PS: I'm 49 in about 6 weeks, so I'm almost too old to join. ;-)

Cadd
Clovis CA
VROC #11619
2004 Nomad

Johnny Monsoon
'99 Honda Blackbird

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 7880

Posted 2/13/2004 3:57 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
It didn't have anything to do with your age- but the whole 'colors' thing as I recall. Yeah, I guess you do have to have slightly thick skin- we all laugh at ourselves here (mostly folks laugh AT me... ;) ).

Johnny Monsoon
Jam harder, penetrate deeper, dispense longer...

Puppy
"ugly" is a form of birthcontrol.

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 6047

Posted 2/13/2004 4:32 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
That must had been while I was on hiatus.

You wont get a very positive reaction if you proclaim allegence with a outlaw motorcycle gang on this message board.

We'd like to keep it free from elements that gives a negative public image to non-riders about motorcyclists.

Just keep it underwraps if ya would.

-Richard.

Please don't patronize me. I KNOW what a submarine looks like.

bunchof6
Troll/Squid/Spambot

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 4566

Posted 2/13/2004 4:59 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Arch:

Digits = Fingers.

1KPerDay
The Avocado of Death

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 5481

Posted 2/13/2004 5:10 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Wank = to plant turnips.

"An innocent man has nothing fear!!!"

anrfknm
vroc #13815 - rolling blunder #182

Date Joined Jul 2003
Total Posts : 2727

Posted 2/14/2004 9:50 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
stick around retread you can get back at who-ever.

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
-Thomas Jefferson

Deacon Blues
The Imaginary Director

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 2946

Posted 2/18/2004 10:48 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Was that the thread about researching what colors mean what to whom and all that?

Damn, now I'm gonna have to go dig it up.

As far as the atmosphere of the board goes, uhm... could you please not discharge your weapons in view of the public? Thank you....

I like eclectic strange music almost as much as I like bikes

guitardad
Original Oilhead

Date Joined May 2003
Total Posts : 1741

Posted 3/14/2004 9:42 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Well, I saw it happen again today.  sigh!

Poor guy posted THE question on the Sportbike board:  Which liter-bike should I buy for my first bike?  Now the advice was sound - DON'T DO IT - but once again we said it so loud and so raucously that we scared him away.  I know it gets tiresome to answer the same squidly question over and over again (and although I don't know for sure, I suspect it's asked more often in the Sportbike board than anywhere else) but really, they're asking out of ignorance, not malice. rolleyes

I propose we all take a pledge:  "From now on, when someone asks an idiotic question about what first bike to buy, I'll simply say 'It's a bad idea.  Go read the Newbie FAQ, take the MSF, and come ask your other questions on the Newbie board.' "

Any takers?

Guitardad
As for me, I'm languid in fracturing Engrish when language beats into nature where all happiness is essence.

1KPerDay
The Avocado of Death

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 5481

Posted 3/15/2004 4:39 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Personally, I feel these guys aren't really looking for advice. They've made their minds up, and they're sure their expert stunta riding buddies know more about riding than anyone on the internet.

That said, the action you propose in your pledge is exactly what I do when confronted with this situaition. I even recommend newbies I meet on other forums come here and read through the newbie section. I don't think there's any place better. cool

"Why must you knock out my teeths? What makes you think I wanna touch your stuffs?"

guitardad
Original Oilhead

Date Joined May 2003
Total Posts : 1741

Posted 3/15/2004 5:41 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I will admit, 1K, that I wonder about somebody who posts that sort of question in the Sportbike board when the Newbie board is above it.  Maybe they are looking for somebody to encourage their craziness, rather than real advice.  That said, if we point them at the Newbie board and they don't bother, that answers the question, don't it?

I agree we've got some of the most helpful people I've run into online helping in the Newbie board.  They encouraged and steered me well.  Maybe that's why I take it a little personally when they don't get a chance to help.

Guitardad
Looks like I'm gonna have to buy the White Album again.