Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > Motorcycle Garage > A free resource you should not ignore!  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ | Show Newest Post First ]

CaddmannQ
Random Moto-geek

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jul 2003
Total Posts : 17674

Posted 7/23/2005 10:43 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Exploded parts diagrams showing virtually every part on almost every common motorcycle (and a lot of uncommon ones) can be viewed for free at

http://www.bikebandit.com.

These diagrams really come in handy if you don't know what to call a part, where a part is on the bike, what connects to what, what things look like, and many other things.

They also tell you the price if you actually want to buy something.  ;-)  (I have many times, and am quite happy with their service.) Just click "OEM Parts", and drill down until you find your bike.

Many times I'm asked mechanical questions I can't answer because I don't have diagrams handy for every bike. Bike bandit provides these, and has made it possible for me to help many people that I could otherwise not have.

Thanks, BikeBandit!   yeah

Post Edited By Moderator (Rich_S) : 3/11/2011 4:28:05 PM GMT

erniexx
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2005
Total Posts : 45

Posted 9/26/2005 2:22 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
wow hope i never have to buy any OEM parts they are expensive, and to think i was going to sell my exhaust system for 200.00 bucks!with no miles on it,thanks caddman for the eye opener.

Ride or die dude   Erniexx

CaddmannQ
Random Moto-geek

Date Joined Jul 2003
Total Posts : 17674

Posted 10/21/2005 6:08 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Bike Bandit is not always the cheapest place to buy things. It pays to shop around.

Cadd
2004 Nomad 1500 "Baggins"
VROC #11619 Rolling Blunder #128

Greywolf
Fuzzy Logic Inc.

Date Joined Nov 2005
Total Posts : 319

Posted 11/6/2005 2:48 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I looked there while tracking down electrical and wiring info.
It looked like a "Tourist Trap" on the internet to me...

We live to be in the wind
We die if we are stupid...

Honda tech
Registered Member

Date Joined Apr 2006
Total Posts : 65

Posted 4/18/2006 8:19 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Now if some one had the service manuals on line ,that would be something!!!!

air'n
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2006
Total Posts : 10

Posted 5/18/2006 3:22 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
and of corse they dont have a manual for my bike. oh well that sites a rip off anyway!

sethmckiness
Registered Member

Date Joined Jul 2006
Total Posts : 19

Posted 8/13/2006 7:10 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
www.crotchrocket.com has many of the same schematics and diagrams with lower prices

KF
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2005
Total Posts : 437

Posted 10/12/2006 5:49 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I have an account with Bike Bandit; I order all my parts from them. Also, if you belong to "AMA" you get a discount on your order. The OEM parts are so much cheaper than the dealer. Plus, if they are out of stock on an item, they will ship the balance of your order. When the part becomes available, they will ship it with no added charge from your original order. They also had my shop manual, which I ordered for $40.00.

Ride Slow,anticipate hazards!

Pestilence
Registered Member

Date Joined Jul 2006
Total Posts : 16

Posted 4/1/2007 6:46 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Well here's another reason why Harley is the evil empire. I just know there is a sith lord running that place. As well as every after market company out there. They don't list NONE of the bikes me and my guys ride ( The 4 50's, .................... It's 4 of us, 50 and over). Jeez, It makes me wonder..........would have been nice to have. Must resist the dark side. Can not join The Collective.

Pestilence.........................................................'06 Kawasaski Vulcan 900

qebalt
Registered Member

Date Joined Feb 2007
Total Posts : 92

Posted 4/7/2007 3:57 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
yeah, I usually take a look of my bike's parts at that website.

please click here to visit my blog --> http://bikingandtravelling.blogspot.com
please click here to visit my first website --> www.geocities.com/petrovars

Cogbrain
Registered Member

Date Joined Apr 2007
Total Posts : 1

Posted 4/15/2007 10:47 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Get 25 % off Yamaha Parts here. They have the diagrams and shipping is very fast.

South Seattle Sports Plaza; http://www.yamahasportsplaza.com/

There are old riders and there are bold riders, but there are no old bold riders.

Mac_Muz
Steering Committee

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 10321

Posted 4/29/2007 8:28 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
here is another site to look up parts: http://www.cheapcycleparts.com/

Post Edited By Moderator (Rich_S) : 3/11/2011 4:28:27 PM GMT

Eric K
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2007
Total Posts : 4

Posted 5/15/2007 10:42 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I've checked out www.mrcycles.com and they seem to have the same drawings, but some prices were cheaper and some items were readily available that bikebandit didn't have.

Taffy
Registered Member

Date Joined Jul 2007
Total Posts : 12

Posted 7/14/2007 8:48 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Cogbrain said...

There are old riders and there are bold riders, but there are no old bold riders.
               No?jumpin

Shade Tree Mech.
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2007
Total Posts : 19

Posted 7/7/2008 2:18 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
There are Moldy-Oldy riders, and Dusty-Musty riders,
but never Crinkle-Wrinkle Riders. . .
. . .
(they are now pushing their Trike, or flying a kite!)

Shade Tree Mech.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Always, a rubber-side-down rider

Mavericks1F
Registered Member

Date Joined Dec 2008
Total Posts : 46

Posted 4/5/2009 6:19 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
old bike barn .com is good to :D not as great as the others but another good resource!

harley45jaap
Registered Member

Date Joined Jul 2011
Total Posts : 2

Posted 7/15/2011 5:12 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
if the starting torque of bike is more then the mileage of bike is suffer. is any perfect solution is available.

Easy Rider 2
Central Illinois / Central Florida

Date Joined Dec 2009
Total Posts : 2259

Posted 7/15/2011 6:31 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
harley45jaap said...
if the starting torque of bike is more then the mileage of bike is suffer. is any perfect solution is available.
If the error rate from language translation is over 50%, then the post is hard to understand.  rolleyes

HenryCover
Registered Member

Date Joined Dec 2011
Total Posts : 3

Posted 1/19/2012 6:54 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
thx for your info