Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > Motorcycle Garage > 68 Gilera  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

MoreMiles
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jan 2012
Total Posts : 1

Posted 1/20/2012 2:10 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I ran across a 68 Gilera 106cc,it is in good shape,any one know if the parts are hard to get or if alot of them are easy to replace with aftermarket parts? I need a coil,clutch lever and cable,ect. Is this bike a fairly easy restore? Just wondering!!!

Richard47
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Sep 2004
Total Posts : 5552

Posted 1/21/2012 2:21 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I don't know for sure but I would think that parts specific to your machine will be hard to find. Take a look on eBay and see if there are parts advertised, that will give you some idea. However, any coil of a suitable size and rating will do, it should be easy enough to modify a lever from something else and you should be able to get a cable made if you can provide a pattern. There are bikes much rarer than yours still on the road, it's all doable if you know how to go about it.

Toilet Brush Dog Owner