Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > Everyday Rider > What is Your Ride? (POLL)  Forum Quick Jump

Motorcycle Type?
Sportbike / Streetfighter - 21.2%
Cruiser/ Touring - 44.1%
Dual Sport / Supermoto - 4.1%
Sport Touring - 5.9%
Standard - 21.8%
Scooter/ Maxi Scooter - 2.9%

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
81 posts in this thread.
Viewing Page :
 1  2  3  4 
[ | Show Newest Post First ]

ruger9mm
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Aug 2007
Total Posts : 6

Posted 8/31/2007 2:56 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi everyone,

I am new to the site and began riding in April 07 after a 16 year layoff due to no time to ride.
I currently have an 06 VTx 1300R but my previous bikes were a 76 Yamaha XS 650 Twin, 81 Honda CB650,
and an 83 Yamaha 750 midnight Maxxim.
If I could do it over I would have kept the 750 for nostalgia purposes.

louemc
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 17483

Posted 8/31/2007 3:25 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I wasn't going to enter the poll, but, since Sportbike/streetfighter was there..... How could I not?
(Wait, Ya mean this wasn't my private single bike catagory?) smilewinkgrin

Focus the forces, Be The Force

Honda919Rider
Saint Joseph Missouri

Date Joined Jul 2006
Total Posts : 49

Posted 9/10/2007 12:26 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Well, I'm calling it a standard. I used to ride a 919, but realized I was not mature enough to own it and this is now my daily rider.

Paid $285.00 for it. Needed the water pump seal, the one you have to pull the motor to replace.

Went ahead and made it road worthy, fork seals, steering head tapered bearings, tires, a few hundred dollars worth of stuff.

Gave it a complete tune/service, the only thing I might do as preventive medicine is replace the cooling fan.

Added the fishtails, it's been a good reliable machine.

Enjoyable even.

Thanks

Steve

tjbechtel
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2007
Total Posts : 7

Posted 9/22/2007 3:37 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
i have an 81 yamaha cruiser...if a bike can run that long with no problems then its a keeper in my book! :)

Reddwarf
Registered Member

Date Joined Nov 2007
Total Posts : 14

Posted 11/21/2007 9:22 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Hi all. I ride a Yamaha XJR 1300 it's an '02 registered model. I purchased it in October 2004 with 1,400 miles on the clock. I did 9,000 miles in the first year. It has now done 61,000 miles and it has not been to the garage yet. I've changed the oil and filter several times. It's on it's second set of spark plugs, it's had 1 new air filter, several brake pads and loads of tyre's. I've a second spring in the clutch due to slipping. It has 36Y inlet rubbers(From an fjr). I have race pipes(Really load) which are illegal here but what the f...! When I can I'll put some photo's on for you all to see. Then you can see what your missing!

Cheers Denissmile

lionlady
-----Mistress of Novices. -Total miles: 85,000+

Date Joined Sep 2003
Total Posts : 2759

Posted 11/22/2007 9:33 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Sport touring...

P

Youth and talent are no match for age and treachery. 

carlo
Recovering Britaholic

Date Joined Aug 2003
Total Posts : 11

Posted 12/15/2007 6:29 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I ride an Aprilia Caponord (dual sport) mostly, but I have a 1982 BMW R100RT (touring) for winter commuting. It's got one of the best fairings in the business, and I don't mind if it gets dirty.
I commute and run errands on one or the other every day that there's no ice of snow on the road.

(thinking of getting some spare wheels for the beemer set up with studded DOT knobbies like some guys in Alaska I know)

Hello, I'm a Britaholic, it's been 120 days since my last decoke!

FastOldMan
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2008
Total Posts : 2

Posted 3/20/2008 3:35 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I'm new here, so howdy all!

I ride a 10 year old beemer K bike, pic shown to the left...

GAJ
Registered Member

Date Joined Jul 2007
Total Posts : 6845

Posted 3/20/2008 3:38 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Yeah, how do you vote more than once when you have a SS, ST and SM???

I only put in the SS.

Lora
2005 Honda Shadow Aero 750

Date Joined Oct 2007
Total Posts : 921

Posted 3/20/2008 5:23 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Refresh your page and vote again.

Tros
Global Moderator

Date Joined Apr 2004
Total Posts : 7362

Posted 3/20/2008 11:24 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
FastOldMan said...
I'm new here, so howdy all!

I ride a 10 year old beemer K bike, pic shown to the left...
Welcome! scool

"People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost."

freespirt
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2008
Total Posts : 24

Posted 4/1/2008 8:36 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
 honda aero said...
cool I use a 2000 Honda shadow ace american classic edition for work and a 2006 honda shadow aero with quite a few accessories for my joy ride. You can see it at www.cruisercustomizing.com/freightliner.roll
Nice!!!!!!!   I to have a shadow areo, After owning both the 1800 and 1300 vtx, The shadow is just the right size for kicking back and enjoying the ride. I plan on getting some acc. for my new ride to. Tank bib fender bib and a windshield, I'll post a photo of it some time.    Ride safe and keep it clean!!!!!!!jumpin

Florida FLHR
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2008
Total Posts : 26

Posted 5/26/2008 7:17 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
HD Road King...gets me way out of my garage. :)

Yamahog 1300
Registered Member

Date Joined Jun 2008
Total Posts : 36

Posted 6/6/2008 12:52 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I started in 1965 with a Cushman Husky, I was 13yrs old.
Then 1966 a Honda Sport 50
Next came a Honda 305 Scrambler, then got off the road for several years and onto the dirt with a couple of Yamaha 360MX bikes.
Then 1976, a honda 750 Super Sport
Then a 1978 Suzuki GS1000, that was one fast ride in those days. (Would easily smoke the 6cyl Honda CBX)
Sold it in around 1983 and didn't ride for about 25yrs
Now I'm back, 2007 Yamaha V Star 1300 and lovin it !!

shadecorp
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2007

Posted 6/9/2008 8:37 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

04 XL883 C

:-)   Love it.  :-)  

yeah 

Dr. Sprocket
Registered Member

Date Joined Jul 2004
Total Posts : 88

Posted 6/26/2008 7:02 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
2008 Buell Ulysses. I know! I know! They classify it as a dual sport, but to me it is a standard. Prior to that, I had a 1985 Honda Nighthawk CB700SC, also a standard. Both are great bikes, but the Buell fit me just a little bit better.

It's not old... it's "classic."

Triumph Troll
Registered Member

Date Joined Jul 2008

Posted 7/12/2008 1:29 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Triumph Thruxton. My first bike with the "Cafe Racer" seating position. It is a blast to ride, but my hands get tired on longer rides. Is that something you get used to?

RedDog
Retired SportBike Bum

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 13635

Posted 7/12/2008 8:34 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Thruxton reminds me so much about my 2nd love affair, a Dunstall Triumph 69.

RedDog
Think Ahead! Travel Light & Leave Your Fears Behind You!
Normal People Scare me!

Ottomatic
Omnipotent Master of Space and Time

Date Joined Aug 2008
Total Posts : 17

Posted 8/4/2008 12:48 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Candy Sapphire Blue CB400A Honda Hawk Hondamatic.

Not only is it a standard, but its a naked standard from the time Dinosaurs roamed the earth.

1978 Honda CB400A Hawk Hondamatic
30 years on 2 wheels

cajunrph
Registered Member

Date Joined Jul 2005

Posted 8/20/2008 8:30 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
What if you have more than 1 bike? I have a Ducati S2R 1000 and a Harley Dyna Lowrider. I mostly ride the Duc now because it is new.

rubbertramp
Registered Member

Date Joined Jul 2007
Total Posts : 108

Posted 9/17/2008 6:40 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
My main scooter is a 1999 Yamaha Roadstar Silverado 98ci(1600).  The other is a 1996 Kawasaki 1500 Vulcan.  Both are very kewl in there own right.  Yippeee!!!  Lookin to add another to the stable soon.  My baby digs the Roadstar

Oh Yeah!!!

norCal Randy
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2008
Total Posts : 45

Posted 1/8/2009 9:31 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Shoulda been able to post more than 1 rig. I went with sport/tourer.

Bikes I currently own:

`81 CX100(949) Moto Guzzi
`91 VX800 Suzuki
`04 750 Breva Moto Guzzi
`00 MZ Tour 660 single
`04 Aprilia Scarabeo 500GT scooter
`88 Yamaha Rav 50 scooter(wife's)
 '07 MP3 250 (hers)
`01 Uni-go trailer(1 wheel)

Well Enuff
--- Regaining my sanity --- one ride at time

Date Joined Jul 2006
Total Posts : 1925

Posted 4/21/2009 11:38 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Kaw Ninja 500R -- voted it as standard

Yahama Vino 50 I use for shopping and let my non-M friends ride. Didn't put that in poll. I'll try from my other computer.

hardcorerider1
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2009
Total Posts : 24

Posted 5/12/2009 5:53 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
i ride a 920 virago and so far it has been the best bike i have ever owned

pool
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2010

Posted 3/25/2010 11:09 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
mine is a cruiser.,,.1988 honda