Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > Everyday Rider > Weird close call  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

Gone in 60
Lone Commuter of the Apocalypse

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jan 2008
Total Posts : 657

Posted 10/24/2011 11:56 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Well, this one sure caught me off guard, but was sure a good example about how anything can happen at any time... riding down one of the larger boulevards in my town yesterday, three lanes each direction. I was in the middle lane.

A newer looking Volvo was passing me on the right, going just slightly faster than me. As it was passing, it's left front tire blew, spitting the entire tire tread, still intact in a big circle, out of the car at me. The noise alone got my attention immediately, and I instinctively veered to the left in my lane. Did it quick enough to watch the tread skate past my exhaust pipe by a few inches.

I was clear to the left, so I got over to the left lane to leave a wide berth for the Volvo, which was swerving a bit, while the driver was obviously trying to figure out what was happening. The still tire-sized tread went under a pickup and was chucked into the curb.

Just another "stay alert out there" messages.

Work to ride, Ride to work
Honda VTX 1300R & 750 Nighthawk

GAJ
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jul 2007
Total Posts : 6845

Posted 10/24/2011 11:58 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Whoa; nice save!

Selling my one owner '97 TL1000S: www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=372346

RaptorFA
'11 Suzuki GSX1250FA

Date Joined Jun 2011
Total Posts : 493

Posted 10/25/2011 11:46 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Indeed Sir! Excellent job of staying cool under pressure. But I expect nothing less from the Lone commuter of the Apocalypse!  cool

Regards -

RaptorFA
Play Hard, Ride Safe