Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > Newbies! > How to wheelie  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
31 posts in this thread.
Viewing Page :
 1  2 
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

Latifa
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Nov 2011
Total Posts : 9

Posted 11/25/2011 1:32 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi everybody :-)

Does any one know how to wheelie cause I would like to learn, uuum I have dirt bike crf50 it's just for training but I do not know how to wheelie >>> does any body can help me plzz

Thank u

Regards : latifa ;-)

jon
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Aug 2004
Total Posts : 5959

Posted 11/25/2011 4:13 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Latifa said...
Hi everybody :-)

Does any one know how to wheelie cause I would like to learn, uuum I have dirt bike crf50 it's just for training but I do not know how to wheelie >>> does any body can help me plzz

Thank u

Regards : latifa ;-)
google is your friend. there might also be schools that teach it, again, google...

Latifa
Registered Member

Date Joined Nov 2011

Posted 11/26/2011 5:28 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
You mean the google search engine !!!

thesoapster
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2007
Total Posts : 1408

Posted 11/26/2011 7:27 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Yes, the Google search engine. Wheelying a 50 is going to depend a lot more on body position than larger bikes, I can tell you that.

Latifa
Registered Member

Date Joined Nov 2011

Posted 11/26/2011 12:24 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Ok . Am really would like to learn . Just if you can ^_^

ZX Rider
Triumph guy

Date Joined May 2010
Total Posts : 485

Posted 11/26/2011 5:22 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Wheelies are hard on front forks unless you know how to land gently. A mid sized dirt bike would be loads of fun and legal to boot. There a many states were the law will come down on you with vengence for doing such. In Florida, the third offense, could mean prison time.
I don't understand why a wheelie is so offensive. You would think the devil's gentials show during a wheelie or something. Wheelies can be very dangerous if you land a little cocked, instant tank slap have been the reasons for many crashes, some fatal.
I've spent hundreds of dollars, US, to prevent wheelies. On a dirt bike.......cool, a street bike just makes you look dumb. Wheelies are easy to do, doesn't take much skill if you know how.

Asphalt, the greatest tattoo remover.

Smitty
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 22123

Posted 11/26/2011 5:39 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I take it you want to join the crowd of idiots that do thiis on the PUBLIC ROADS.  Sometimes I do wonder!!! 

Remember all the others on the road are crazy & out to kill you.

Meanie_Intruder
Posted a Pic of a Man Thong

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 2099

Posted 11/26/2011 6:43 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I'm curious..... why such a strong desire to want to wheelie?

"A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people"

ZX Rider
Triumph guy

Date Joined May 2010

Posted 11/26/2011 7:56 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I've been branded a Troll on Cycle World. You just never know. The old coots think they know everything about motorcycles. I have to hand it to Cycle World, they can put any machine in the nines. And yes, the early protos never existed. NOT........, like the 5 valve XR750. This M/C board is the best. There are many folks here with impressive degrees. Harley never made good on the most bad arse sport bike ever. Just stuck to last century tech.

Latifa
Registered Member

Date Joined Nov 2011

Posted 11/26/2011 11:49 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I have never wheelie . Cause when I won't to wheelie I don't know why I Feel there's something heavy in the front of the bike

I wish to do it in some day

By the way thanx ZX Rider for your information ;-)

Post Edited (Latifa) : 11/27/2011 6:52:30 AM GMT

Easy Rider 2
Central Illinois / Central Florida

Date Joined Dec 2009
Total Posts : 2259

Posted 11/27/2011 8:04 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Latifa said...
I assume this is because you have seen other people doing it (or movie clips) and it looks like fun.

Before you continue, maybe you should also have a look at those riders who took it too far and crashed their bikes and went to the hospital.

IT IS A DANGEROUS THING TO DO.

'06 Suzuki S50 (VS800)
'07 Honda Shadow VLX 600

Post Edited (Easy Rider 2) : 11/27/2011 10:36:23 PM GMT

GeoffG
Instant Classic

Date Joined Jun 2003
Total Posts : 10791

Posted 11/27/2011 10:05 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Easy Rider 2 said...

Before you continue, maybe you should also have a look at those riders who took it too far and crashed their bikes and went to the hospital.

So is getting up in the morning.

I don't see what all the fuss is about. We're talking a 50cc mini dirtbike here. If Latifa can get the front end up on that thing, I applaud him (her?)

Like most on this board, I frown on "stunting" on public roads--because it can endanger others. However, on a dirt bike on the back 40, I say give 'er!

Oh, and kudos for Latifa for at least coming on here and asking about it!

I'm no wheelie expert, but I suspect that on a small, light bike like the CRF50 you should almost be able to pull it up with your hands while shifting your weight back and giving lots of throttle in 1st or 2nd. I'd recommend covering the rear brake lever with your foot while doing so--rear brake should bring you down again.

louemc
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 17483

Posted 11/27/2011 11:18 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
GeoffG said...
Easy Rider 2 said...

So is getting up in the morning.

I don't see what all the fuss is about. We're talking a 50cc mini dirtbike here. If Latifa can get the front end up on that thing, I applaud him (her?)

Like most on this board, I frown on "stunting" on public roads--because it can endanger others. However, on a dirt bike on the back 40, I say give 'er!

Oh, and kudos for Latifa for at least coming on here and asking about it!

I'm no wheelie expert, but I suspect that on a small, light bike like the CRF50 you should almost be able to pull it up with your hands while shifting your weight back and giving lots of throttle in 1st or 2nd. I'd recommend covering the rear brake lever with your foot while doing so--rear brake should bring you down again.

Yep Playing in the Dirt, and picking up, getting the front wheel up, go hand in hand.
Becomes a safety thing..clearing what would be hazzards...And that skill/frame of mind, carries over to pavement-street riding, for the rest of your life.

People that get all Booga Booga over the term Wheelie, would be people that only have bad examples around them.

Focus the forces, Be The Force

el SID
merely a man equipped with a bag a seedless grapes

Date Joined Nov 2010
Total Posts : 1947

Posted 11/27/2011 11:50 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Best way to wheelie a 50,if its an auto clutch,put it in 3rd place feet on ground and place bum on the furthest part from the handle bars on the seat. Then plant your feet on the ground. Now give it throttle keep trying to hold the bike from going anywhere. Eventually the front will come up. Now to do a wheelie you just need to figure out the amount of throttle you needed to get the front up. and sit down and balance. The balance is the hardest part. Covering the rear brake,smoooth throttle inputs are key. With a good sized yard you should have the wheelie thing down in a day. Expect cuts and bruises as you will fall. So obviously wear a helmet. These types of bikes actually do cause injuries do to lack of respect. It can hurt you.
Now if its a china knock off with a real clutch,select second and use the clutch to get her up once launched,select 3rd and again its going to be about smooth throttle inputs,and balance.
Pay no mind to the bah humbugs who dont get mini dirtbikes, wheelies, and the fun that lies within them. Dont be stupid and ride on the street with the mini,find a field,big yard,and have fun. Good luck.

Best bike out is the one Im on,sod the rest lmao
current hacks

1996 honda vfr
2012 tuono rsv4 aprc on order baby.... march 2012
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125

Meanie_Intruder
Posted a Pic of a Man Thong

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 2099

Posted 11/27/2011 3:36 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Latifa said... said...

I have never wheelie . Cause when I won't to wheelie I don't know why I Feel there's something heavy in the front of the bike

By the way thanx ZX Rider for your information ;-)

rolleyes rolleyes

"A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people"

Andy VH
Where is the earth shattering kaboom!?

Date Joined Apr 2005
Total Posts : 4952

Posted 11/28/2011 8:04 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Well, I'm 54 and have gotten back into dirt riding, and learning to wheelie for dirt riding would help me out. Never really learned to wheelie years ago. But I have no desire to do wheelies with my street bikes or on public roads. On a dirt bike it makes sense to learn how to do it when unloading the front tire is needed.

Maybe next summer. For now, time to get the ice bike ready.

Training, the best safety and performance "equipment" you can get!
Get MSF trained, check out: http://www.msf-usa.org

ZX Rider
Triumph guy

Date Joined May 2010

Posted 11/28/2011 6:48 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
If you ride dirt, you will crash, a neck brace is a must. More than full gear is needed. The new dirt bikes have far more power than neccesary, like the street machines. My old KZ 1000 barely beat a 500cc two stroke Honda dirt bike. The old KZ was punched to 1100cc. This in the 1/4 mile. A pathetic 12.40 @112 mph. Only beat the dirt bike by a fractions of seconds. 

Latifa
Registered Member

Date Joined Nov 2011

Posted 11/30/2011 6:35 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hello all thanks for your replies .

I  Love USA

Latifa
Registered Member

Date Joined Nov 2011

Posted 11/30/2011 6:53 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
el SID said...
Best way to wheelie a 50,if its an auto clutch,put it in 3rd place feet on ground and place bum on the furthest part from the handle bars on the seat. Then plant your feet on the ground. Now give it throttle keep trying to hold the bike from going anywhere. Eventually the front will come up. Now to do a wheelie you just need to figure out the amount of throttle you needed to get the front up. and sit down and balance. The balance is the hardest part. Covering the rear brake,smoooth throttle inputs are key. With a good sized yard you should have the wheelie thing down in a day. Expect cuts and bruises as you will fall. So obviously wear a helmet. These types of bikes actually do cause injuries do to lack of respect. It can hurt you.
Now if its a china knock off with a real clutch,select second and use the clutch to get her up once launched,select 3rd and again its going to be about smooth throttle inputs,and balance.
Pay no mind to the bah humbugs who dont get mini dirtbikes, wheelies, and the fun that lies within them. Dont be stupid and ride on the street with the mini,find a field,big yard,and have fun. Good luck.

Thank u very much I a appreciate smilewinkgrin

I  Love USA

Latifa
Registered Member

Date Joined Nov 2011

Posted 11/30/2011 9:52 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
How to stoppie ??????

I  Love USA

Andy VH
Where is the earth shattering kaboom!?

Date Joined Apr 2005
Total Posts : 4952

Posted 11/30/2011 2:03 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Before learning to stoppie, a rider first has to learn how to effectively use maximum braking consistently. Check out the blue stickie posts at the top of the Motorcycle Safety forum.

I have done a stoppie once, when demonstrating maximum braking using a Yamaha 250 enduro during an MSF class I was teaching. The stoppie wasn't intentional either, I simply got to the point of 100% weight transfer onto the front wheel during braking and made a controlled stop. But it was an eye opener!

Now, since your first two questions have been how to wheelie and how to stoppie, I can only assume you want to do the stunt riding you see on so many videos.

Learn to ride REALLY well FIRST. That includes getting training for road riding. THEN, invest in training on a track, to learn the real potential of a motorcycle, and yourself. Then, MAYBE, move on to performing stunts, in a controlled area and NOT on public roads.

Training, the best safety and performance "equipment" you can get!
Get MSF trained, check out: http://www.msf-usa.org

Latifa
Registered Member

Date Joined Nov 2011

Posted 11/30/2011 2:16 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Ooooh yeah maybe cause I saw many videos of stunt it really
attracted me... LooL

By the way I hope to learn how to stoppie am really excited to do it >>>>>> help me >> does any one has helpful sites to learn how to stunt !

I  Love USA

jon
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2004
Total Posts : 5959

Posted 11/30/2011 3:42 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Latifa said...
...does any one has helpful sites to learn how to stunt !
you still haven't ask 'google' yet even though i suggested using google search back on november 25th?

since you don't seem to know how to search the internet or just being lazy, here you go:

all i did was type in "how to do stoppie on a motorcycle" on the search bar and hit enter. this is what that 2 seconds worth of search turn out:

i'll say it one more time, google is your friend and it offers the easiest and fastest way to get the answers you seek.

Well Enuff
--- Regaining my sanity --- one ride at time

Date Joined Jul 2006
Total Posts : 1925

Posted 12/1/2011 5:13 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Latifa said...
How to stoppie ??????
If I wanted to do stunt Weelies and Stoppies on a motorcycle I'd first learn on a stunt bicycle. There I'd learn the skills and balance necessary before I'd risk my body and money doing them on a heavy, expensive and dangerous moto. Where a helmet and pads.

jclax01
The world is ruled by Damned Dirty Apes

Date Joined Jan 2008
Total Posts : 5244

Posted 12/1/2011 10:39 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I would have had a lot more respect if you had posted how to exit curves properly, where is the local track day at etc. sounds like you have learned to ride for the wrong reason.

Ride Hard or Stay home

1994 Kaw Vulcan 88
2007 Piago (my wifes punk ass 50cc scooter) 
1986 kaw Vulcan 750(rebooted and reloaded)