Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > Newbies! > How to wheelie  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
31 posts in this thread.
Viewing Page :
 1  2 
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

GeoffG
Instant Classic

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2003
Total Posts : 10791

Posted 12/1/2011 8:49 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I learned to "stoppie" on a bicycle (regular mtn bike--it wheelies OK, too).

Nice thing about a bicycle, when you go over the bars, the bike that's coming down on top of you only weighs about 25 lb, not 450... (and actually, it's not that hard to jump clear).

I've learned to "stoppie" on my motorcycle, just so I know what it feels like and it doesn't throw me when I do it somewhat unintentionally during an emergency stop (my bike has a short wheelbase and stoppies very easily).

el SID
merely a man equipped with a bag a seedless grapes

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Nov 2010
Total Posts : 1947

Posted 12/2/2011 4:17 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Ummmmmm its a 50cc dirtbike..........

Best bike out is the one Im on,sod the rest lmao
current hacks

1996 honda vfr
2012 tuono rsv4 aprc on order baby.... march 2012
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125

Smitty
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 22123

Posted 12/7/2011 1:16 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

I am like you in your last post on being questionable about all of 50cc for power-plant.

Now a few of us familair with Observed Trials competition & riding 200 to 250cc would start doing wheelies when on a logging road of the past.  Then the real challenge came to some of the Observed Trials sections to be looked at closely or me taking most of them on my own at the lst.

Never of public roads & of course never with 50cc in power.  Though if you get your weight to the reas of a 49cc scooter you can do a wheelie.

In mind I think this chap has his mind into another world.

Remember all the others on the road are crazy & out to kill you.

Mr1200Madura
Registered Member

Date Joined Jan 2012
Total Posts : 5

Posted 1/7/2012 2:47 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
U know ive been ridding motorcycles since i was 15 im now 55 will be 56 next month, I have never heard of anything dumber than florida with its Nazi approach to lawenforcement of throwing some 1 in prison for doing wheelies, on 3rd offense LOL we do live in a society that is absolutely lawless. Where police can beat people into confessions, rape, rob, comit murder, lie under oath. I cant say anything else that is sick, that is so perverted throwing some 1 in prison for doing wheelies when police do as they wish casue they know there is no law written in the truth

ZX Rider
Triumph guy

Date Joined May 2010
Total Posts : 485

Posted 1/7/2012 6:07 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Dang dude, you must be from a country outside of USA. We have laws that defy common sense. However, our lawyers are not in prison, thats why we are free souls.
Mr1200Madura said...
U know ive been ridding motorcycles since i was 15 im now 55 will be 56 next month, I have never heard of anything dumber than florida with its Nazi approach to lawenforcement of throwing some 1 in prison for doing wheelies, on 3rd offense LOL we do live in a society that is absolutely lawless. Where police can beat people into confessions, rape, rob, comit murder, lie under oath. I cant say anything else that is sick, that is so perverted throwing some 1 in prison for doing wheelies when police do as they wish casue they know there is no law written in the truth

Asphalt, the greatest tattoo remover.

Easy Rider 2
Central Illinois / Central Florida

Date Joined Dec 2009
Total Posts : 2259

Posted 1/8/2012 2:56 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Mr1200Madura said...
 I have never heard of anything dumber than florida with its Nazi approach to lawenforcement of throwing some 1 in prison for doing wheelies, on 3rd offense
It's not dumb and it is not a LOL matter either.

It is wreckless driving and it wouldn't surprise me if some states don't have optional jail time for a FIRST offense.......especially if it results in an accident with injuries.

Florida is a hot-bed of real crime though and much of it is either ignored by the "government" or perpetrated by "laws" on the populace in general.
We are the biggest supplier of illegal perscription drugs in the country.
We have the highest population of scam telemarketing companies in the country, maybe in the world.
The present state government has throw the state open to the "second coming of the carpet baggers" by making it against the "law" to stand in the way of making a profit........by whatever means necessary.
But I digress...........

Do you walk tilted to one side?
It seems like that chip on your shoulder is VERY heavy.  rolleyes

'06 Suzuki S50 (VS800)
'07 Honda Shadow VLX 600