Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > Newbies! > Bike Hire and Touring  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

becsblade
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jan 2012
Total Posts : 5

Posted 1/21/2012 3:34 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi I am from the UK and am planning to tour America in July August. My plans are to hopefully go to the Sturgis rally and tour across some of your country. I would like to hire a bike when I get there and am just wondering where the best place to hire as I don't plan to book a package deal in the Uk. Will be stopping in Motels etc as we are on a budget. Is it easy in July to get bike hire and what are the costs. We are planning to fly into Orlando as the flights are cheaper unless anybody has better advice on flights and bike hire etc Cheers Paul

becsblade
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jan 2012

Posted 1/21/2012 8:52 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I managed to find some photos of my bike. Its a 1995 blade which i've owned for over 15 years !! For the first few years it had a custom paint job so was very unique then i streetfightered it and had some fun, last winter i stripped it down and custom made a subframe so its a low riding sports bike :)

jon
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2004
Total Posts : 5959

Posted 1/21/2012 9:27 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
becsblade said...
Hi I am from the UK and am planning to tour America in July August. My plans are to hopefully go to the Sturgis rally and tour across some of your country. ...We are planning to fly into Orlando as the flights are cheaper unless anybody has better advice on flights and bike hire etc Cheers Paul

what type of bike are you looking to 'hire'?

if you're going to sturgis, you can try these harley davidson rental shops as the event is a harley davidson focus event.

www.eaglerider.com/florida-motorcycle-rentals.aspx

corrected link:
www.orlandoharley.com/rentals

Post Edited (jon) : 1/21/2012 10:37:51 PM GMT

GAJ
Registered Member

Date Joined Jul 2007
Total Posts : 6845

Posted 1/21/2012 11:41 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Interesting bike you have there.

You must have very short legs!

becsblade
Registered Member

Date Joined Jan 2012

Posted 1/21/2012 11:57 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
jon said...
becsblade said...
Hi I am from the UK and am planning to tour America in July August. My plans are to hopefully go to the Sturgis rally and tour across some of your country. ...We are planning to fly into Orlando as the flights are cheaper unless anybody has better advice on flights and bike hire etc Cheers Paul

if you're going to sturgis, you can try these harley davidson rental shops as the event is a harley davidson focus event.

MAXXAIR 24 Inch High Velocity Air
My son had just returned from SF and he brought back some advertising flyers for EagleRider, the prices are pretty competative now (our of season) but im guessing that they will go much higher come summer time? or are they always priced well ?

Post Edited By Moderator (Rich_S) : 1/23/2012 4:16:31 PM GMT

becsblade
Registered Member

Date Joined Jan 2012

Posted 1/21/2012 12:01 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
GAJ said...
Interesting bike you have there.

You must have very short legs!

Quite the opposite.... At 6'3" i manage to fit on somehow.

jon
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2004
Total Posts : 5959

Posted 1/21/2012 3:36 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
becsblade said...
jon said...

becsblade said...

My son had just returned from SF and he brought back some advertising flyers for EagleRider, the prices are pretty competative now (our of season) but im guessing that they will go much higher come summer time? or are they always priced well ?

best thing is contact them directly for the most up to date information. i gave you the wrong link to the other rental site in orlando, fl, here's the correct link:

www.orlandoharley.com/rentals

GeoffG
Instant Classic

Date Joined Jun 2003
Total Posts : 10791

Posted 1/21/2012 7:01 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I think Eagle Rider is a pretty big organization, with outlets in lots of cities; they're mostly Harley, but I think some locations rent BMWs, Hondas, and the odd Truimph, too.

I've been thinking about doing a fly and rent trip myself, probably in the southwest, and my thinking is that if I'm gonna rent in the States, I'll probably just rent a Harley--they're the most common rentals, and hey, it's the American experience, eh?

becsblade
Registered Member

Date Joined Jan 2012

Posted 1/22/2012 12:18 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
hi thanks for info ,got to get a harley to go to sturgis ,its the law! carnt wait but dont how far i can go in the 20 to 25 days ive got cheers paul