Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > Off Road > injuries  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

Cowboy
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jul 2003
Total Posts : 1

Posted 7/10/2003 6:15 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
jumpin  I want to know what the stats are on atv and atc injuries. Do you have those or know where to get them? I need them to compare to sports injuries for a friend. skull

louemc
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 17483

Posted 7/11/2003 11:52 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Don't think the truth has been collected, just saw something very very high level, but can't remember the source, said more kids are put in hospital for sports injuries than any other reason.

KXracer617
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 12

Posted 7/11/2003 12:28 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I have a KX125 and have been racing for a year have had 2 fractured ankles (diffrent tims) and a couple of concussions, my brother has had a broken wrist and i have a friend that has had a punctured lung 10 broken ribs a few concussions cracked sturnum and a separated stirnum

Puppy
"ugly" is a form of birthcontrol.

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 6047

Posted 7/11/2003 7:05 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
The most dangerous things I have ever tossed a leg over were in order of dangerousness:

1. A Honda 250cc 3 wheel ATV while intoxicated.

2. An underage woman while intoxicated.

3. A unbroken American saddle-bred horse, while intoxicated.

(dont judge me to harshly, I know some of you do sheep while sober, you freaking perverts)

-Richard.

coinneach
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 515

Posted 7/11/2003 8:28 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
2. An underage woman while intoxicated.

You, or her? Or both? VIEW IMAGE

People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's easier to harass rich old ladies than bikers.

Last Edited : 7/11/2003 9:59:01 PM GMT

meangreen
Registered Member

Date Joined Nov 2003
Total Posts : 27

Posted 11/7/2003 2:50 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I wouldnt dare trust myself on a bike intoxicated heh the most common accident I have seen is breaking the wrist I have been riding 11 years and so far so good for me (knock on wood) but a punctured lung and 10 broken ribs and sepreated sternum??? OUCH freaked

BUBBA STEWART RULES!!!!

ShadyNluvNit
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2003
Total Posts : 6

Posted 11/17/2003 12:30 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
My buddy wrecked on John's Peak a few months ago. Following a 4-wheeler, got dusted out and ran off the road, 10 ft drop into a boulder. He blew out his femer in his right leg and broke 3 toes in his left foot. He lost about 4 inches of bone, and the hospital was nice enough to call me about it. I drove to the site and found peices of bones and brought it to the hospital before work.
It puzzled together good, but was infected. So they removed bone from his hip to cover for it. Overall it was pretty sick. I heard him yell and thought he just tipped the bike and couldn't get it up because he's stupid like that. Once I got up there, the bike was totalled the there was blood everywhere and his whole leg was blown open and all puddy flesh.

meangreen
Registered Member

Date Joined Nov 2003
Total Posts : 27

Posted 11/21/2003 1:30 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Ack feel sorry for your bud man, thats like the worst thing that could ever happen to a dirt rider. (well besides death or being paralyzed) Least he is alive. Does he still ride or no.

BUBBA STEWART RULES!!!!

T-dawg
Registered Member

Date Joined Jan 2004
Total Posts : 7

Posted 1/29/2004 4:38 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
a friend of mine hit a tripple the bike studered a bit before it. we all know what happends next indo undershot the jump! total mess up! outcome: broken neck, cheek bone on the right side, right wrist, 3 ribs both femurs and 2 toes, and he is paralyzed now and im not kidding!! it was ugly! i feel so bad for him now! thats what he loved! and now he can't even ride! but he still goes to the track! loves it !! LOVE THE SPORT but RESPECT it!!

ToUtahNow
Registered Member

Date Joined Nov 2003
Total Posts : 4877

Posted 1/29/2004 11:07 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Here is a link to the Consumer Product Safety Commission's report on ATV injuries since 1982.

Mark

VMC Charter Member # 0005
VRA - CRC - Los Angeles Area
1999 - V92C # 1402 Anteras Red
1999 - V92C # 3584 Phat Black
2000 - V92SC Gray
2003 - Vegas Black

MXer982
Strigle

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 709

Posted 2/1/2004 12:32 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Here is a good picture of a recent injury.  Its Brian Deegan from the Winter X games.  Fractured femur and two fractured wrists.