Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > Off Road > Question about my 82 Yamaha XT200 Carb problem  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

crashland73
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Sep 2005
Total Posts : 8

Posted 9/9/2005 6:50 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I have just aquired this 82 with less than 2400 miles on it and it has been garage kept all of its life. I took the carb off to clean it and it didnt seem to need it but I completely took it apart and made sure. My problem is this, other than my carbs bowl drain hose, it has a hose on the right side of the carbs body which needs a hose too. Where does it go? I cant get the bike to run either. It will idle with the choke set or I can get the overflow hose hooked up to that other line I was talking about and I can get it to throttle about 1/4 or a bit more but NO more or it will die and it wont idle either then. This bike looks emaculate for its age. What could be the problem and where is the air/fuel mixture needle so I can make sure it is correct or what do I need to do? I caint afford to go anywhere and pay for it done. Thanks for any help.
Eugene

Ravenwoods
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2011
Total Posts : 1

Posted 6/10/2011 4:44 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hello Eugene:

Just wondering how your 1982 XT200 is doing? I just bought one with about 4000 miles on it. I think my mixture is running a bit lean. Did you find out how to adjust the mixture?

crashland73
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2005
Total Posts : 8

Posted 6/10/2011 6:34 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Ive since gave up & sold the pile. It was a real nice bike but, it had major electrical problems. I ended up putting a new cdi, coil, pick up, magneto all of that & still nothing. Oh, not the pick up, but i had it. New plug too.

Jesus IS Lord!