Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > Off Road > CPSIA Lead Ban Update - What Now?  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

Rich_S
MCUSA Staff

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2009
Total Posts : -537

Posted 6/16/2011 3:32 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
The CPSC's ban on youth dirt bikes and ATVs is still a lingering threat. MotoUSA examines bikes and families potentially affected by the Lead Law and gets up to date on where things stand.

Read the full report on where this controversial law stands: CPSIA Lead Ban Update - What Now?

compmoto
gravity impaired

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined May 2006
Total Posts : 26

Posted 10/2/2011 6:36 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
didn't the ban get nuked ? I heard that it was killed recently, by a sensible congress... not tryin to get political, but it's a darn good thing someone with a brain larger than ours(John Q.Public) figured this out, so we can move on. What would have happened to motorcycling, if a generation of youngsters couldn't start the sport ?

X440,RD400,RM250,XC300

Andy VH
Where is the earth shattering kaboom!?

Date Joined Apr 2005
Total Posts : 4952

Posted 10/3/2011 6:27 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

I thought too, that this ban as it applies to dirt bike and ATVs for kids has been repealled. I do know the AMA has been a key factor in getting the law changed, though I am sure many more people than just the AMA have influenced the favorable outcome.

Training, the best safety and performance "equipment" you can get!
Get MSF trained, check out: http://www.msf-usa.org