Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > Off Road > Chad Reed Spring Creek Crash & Recovery Video  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

Rich_S
MCUSA Staff

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2009
Total Posts : -537

Posted 7/18/2011 2:57 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
If you haven't seen this you should check it out. Racer Chad Reed at the 2011 Millville round of ama motocross looses his footing while leading up to a jump and takes a big fall. He manages to recover quickly and still place well in the race! An amazing recovery and shows a real talented racer.

Check out Adam Waheed's blog for a little background and commentary on the crash: Chad Reed = One Bad Dude

For all your motorcycle news and motorcycle reviews - Motorcycle-usa.com

el SID
merely a man equipped with a bag a seedless grapes

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Nov 2010
Total Posts : 1947

Posted 7/18/2011 3:39 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Saw that on speed yesterday. Holy crap man,I really thought broken femur or something,couldnt believe it. Good to know he got up and carried on.

the best bike out.... is the one your on...
current hacks
1996 honda vfr
empty slot needing to be filled miss the "wing"
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125

Rich_S
MCUSA Staff

Date Joined Feb 2009

Posted 7/18/2011 5:15 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
el SID said...
Saw that on speed yesterday. Holy crap man,I really thought broken femur or something,couldnt believe it. Good to know he got up and carried on.

I'm pretty sure if he'd landed to flat he'd have broken something. I think because of the hill and his sort of slide positioned landing then the subsequent roll he saved himself from serious injury.

For all your motorcycle news and motorcycle reviews - Motorcycle-usa.com

el SID

Date Joined Nov 2010

Posted 7/18/2011 6:34 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I dont think I would have gotten up.lol

current hacks
1996 honda vfr
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125

Smitty
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 22123

Posted 7/19/2011 6:25 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
In my days of scrambling the courses were different & more forgiving PLUS I had this habit of hanging onto the handlebars & seems like he had no choice. Give the rider guts for getting rolling again.

Remember all the others on the road are crazy & out to kill you.

Rich_S
MCUSA Staff

Date Joined Feb 2009

Posted 7/20/2011 2:15 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
some one cited this video as a similar recovery from a nasty racing spill. While not as spectacular as Reed's it's still a nice recovery.

el SID

Date Joined Nov 2010

Posted 7/21/2011 2:15 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
great vid rich. Back when 750s ruled the earth.

current hacks
1996 honda vfr
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125

RaptorFA
'11 Suzuki GSX1250FA

Date Joined Jun 2011
Total Posts : 493

Posted 7/22/2011 9:26 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Man, Chad Reed got some serious air in that spill. But it was great how he kept his body positioned just so even while flying through the air to have a chance at a decent landing. Pretty fortunate that he did not get seriously hurt. It did not look too good at first. Pretty tough dude!

What impressed me about the Scott Russell crash was his situational awareness. He made a real nice slide there, never lost track of where he was, he protected his body as best he could and picked that bike up like it was nothing. I would say he had just a bit of adreniline flowing! Great stuff, man!  The skill of the other riders to not get mixed up in the incident was pretty impressive as well.

Regards -

RaptorFA
Play Hard, Ride Safe