Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > Off Road > Annual Field and Forest Ride, WI  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

Andy VH
Where is the earth shattering kaboom!?

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Apr 2005
Total Posts : 4952

Posted 10/17/2011 9:09 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
WOW! I had a GREAT time yesterday on the annual Field And Forest ride in SE Wisconsin. We started out from Mike's Motosports in Allenton. The ride is by invite only, limited to 125 riders/bikes, and all the off-road sections are on private land, corn fields, woods trails, tracks, single tracks, blasting over open fields, even started with an eight-mile curvy twisting field ride, rode right through a culvert under the highway. The ride is set up and sponsored by the Kettle Morraine Sport Riders.

The weather was great, though windy, mid 50s temperatures. Some mud, LOTS of loose dirt, lots of trees and rocks, some water (on the intermediate riders section). Bikes ranged from barely legal KTMs to some vintage enduros from the late 70's. I finally gave in to "the button", riding my newly acqjuired 2004 Suzuki DRZ400E with electric start. My old 83 Honda XL600 kicker is simply too much on the trails.

Had a ball! Got some mud flung at me, got to sling some mud myself. That DRZ400 turns SO easily and is so responsive. I could easily climb the hills that required a turn right at the top to avoid the trees. The soft loamy dirt was easy to float over on the throttle. I'm even getting used to riding harder through dirt turns with both feet on the pegs, just let it slide! We did 90 miles, about 55 of that on dirt. WHoo Hhooo! Now I just wish it wasn't near the end of the season! No action shots of me (not pretty), so these will have to do. Just a bunch of old farts having fun and gettin dirty! I'd say the average age on the ride was probably 35 or more.  

Training, the best safety and performance "equipment" you can get!
Get MSF trained, check out: http://www.msf-usa.org

Post Edited (Andy VH) : 10/17/2011 4:47:58 PM GMT

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
FieldForest11 008.jpg
  1.41Mb (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 217 time(s).
Image Attachment :
Image Preview
FieldForest11 012a.jpg
  1.09Mb (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 208 time(s).