Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > Off Road > Advice on KTM seats  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

Redskinz
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Apr 2003
Total Posts : 6

Posted 5/10/2003 3:50 AM (GMT -8)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
 I've just jumped around on bikes alot lately.
 I went from ancient XR250 to the debate of the new XR250, soon to come CRF250X, XR400, and the the KDX220.
 To my suprise, I didn't purchase any of the last 4 bike, but bought a new '02 KTM200EX/C. I love the bike, but hate the seat (its like sitting on a large brick).
  Since this is a problem with all KTM's, can someone give me advice on a different seat? Should I buy a new one or take the orig. down and get it refoamed?

Thanks in advance.

"A professional is a person who will perform their best, even at a time when they do not particuarly feel like it."

louemc
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 17483

Posted 5/10/2003 11:23 AM (GMT -8)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
This is astounding, They had brick seats 18 years ago, and they still have them. I don't know whether to praise them for maintaining a tradition, or tenderize them for being dense. Corbin has a good rep for custom work, checking with them would be my recommendation. When you say taking it down, it sounds like you have someone local though, that's a plus.

KXracer617
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 12

Posted 5/12/2003 2:17 PM (GMT -8)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I have the same problem only I have a KTM 125SX and the seat is almost like riding the frame but what I would do if you have the money is buy a new one you can do this by going to the KTM website you can get softer foam but it is up to you