Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > Sportbike > what sb do you ride?  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
175 posts in this thread.
Viewing Page :
 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
[ | Show Newest Post First ]

masbuell
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Apr 2005
Total Posts : 389

Posted 4/11/2005 8:18 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I am new to the forum and am impressed with the group and the knowledge (though too darn technical this late).  Right now I ride a friend's VFR800.  The only bikes I own are a couple of dirtbikes my sons and I ride.  I have owned mostly Hondas over the years; CB350, CX500, CB750F, Nighthawk 650.  I'm about to break open my piggy bank and get a Buell XB12r though... whatta' cool bike.

ianisme
Typical Bloody Brit!

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 8211

Posted 4/11/2005 9:38 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Yamaha FZ1 with Ivan's jet kit. Too new to think about replacing it yet, but I'm thinking about either a Gixxer 1K or the new Triumph Sprint ST.

Look, kittens and puppy dogs. How nice.

RedDog
Retired SportBike Bum

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 13635

Posted 4/11/2005 9:57 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I tell you, Ian, if you try that new Gixxer you don't want anything else, unless of course you have to haul more stuff. I understand that lust for the Sprint too. It's a beautiful sport-tourer and Bike (UK) ranked it to the top. But, if you can travel light, the Gixxer is so much more fun! And it is comfortable as you probably have seen in my posts. I am amazed!

RedDog
Travel Light & Leave Your Fears Behind You!
Normal People Scare me!

JBoy1972
2005 Victory Hammer

Date Joined Apr 2005
Total Posts : 57

Posted 4/15/2005 3:57 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
i got one too, hehe,  it's for sale!!

Life is so much better on two wheels.  I'll ride till I die.

Post Edited (JBoy1972) : 4/30/2005 9:16:12 PM GMT

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
IM000265.JPG
  1.03Mb (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 464 time(s).
Image Attachment :
Image Preview
IM000264.JPG
  871KB (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 372 time(s).
Image Attachment :
Image Preview
IM000266.JPG
  913KB (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 371 time(s).

masbuell
Registered Member

Date Joined Apr 2005
Total Posts : 389

Posted 4/15/2005 4:01 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
What has been your experience with it?
JBoy1972 said...
i got one too, hehe,  it's for sale!!

JBoy1972
2005 Victory Hammer

Date Joined Apr 2005
Total Posts : 57

Posted 4/16/2005 7:43 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Excellent in the twisties.  Not a top speed bike.  Had it up to 140.  Doesn't have a good pwerband between 4,500-5,000 rpm due to the rubber velocity stack but peeps are making new ones that boost the powerband and rearwheel hp.  Fun, exciting but a full day on it tires me out.  The stock seat is not the best.  You'll get azz fatigue and a sore crotch.  If you like doing wheelies look no further.  This thing is a wheelie machine. lol.  I think it is a decent american made crotch rocket but lacks that top end some peeps want.  I will miss it but i want to cruise in comfort.

bigtyme
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2003
Total Posts : 15

Posted 4/16/2005 11:21 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
'02 ZX-9R  black/orange.

NailsInOurBacks
89' CBR Hurricane

Date Joined Jan 2005
Total Posts : 353

Posted 4/18/2005 2:43 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
1989 Cbr600F Huricane, anniversary colors (red, white and blue)

True friends Stab you in the front. Keep you  from getting what you  want. One more fix could kill you. How i let my guard down. accept the fire has spread among us . and if you're feeling alright . you've got to play it again.

AK Duc
Alaska Born Ducatisti

Date Joined Apr 2005
Total Posts : 922

Posted 4/20/2005 12:09 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Currently down to a very trick '00 996, a semi trick '04 S4R and my ol '82 BMW R100S. The 996 photo was my x-mas card last year and the S4r photo was my 1st place at our local "big" bike show this spring!
Well, on June 25th a cager contrubuted to the totaling of the S4R. So as of July 28th I'm the proud owner of a brand new beautiful black Triumph Daytona 955i. And here she is at the top of Hatcher's Pass north of Anchorage. Ya hoo! MH

AK=Alaska "The Last Frontier"

Post Edited (AK Duc) : 8/9/2005 9:55:29 AM GMT

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
P1010061.JPG
  56KB (image/jpeg)
This image has been viewed 416 time(s).
Image Attachment :
Image Preview
Trophy.jpg
  150KB (image/jpeg)
This image has been viewed 448 time(s).
Image Attachment :
Image Preview
P1010126.JPG
  102KB (image/jpeg)
This image has been viewed 1036 time(s).

luiggispeed
My other bike is a Les Paul!!!

Date Joined Apr 2005
Total Posts : 1802

Posted 4/28/2005 8:37 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

04' Yamaha FJR1300abs

'98 Kawasaki KLR650

The FJR will take you faster,the KLR will take you farther,I treat the FJR as a racebike all the time,it does bring  big grins on my face,but Im dying to collect a used sportbike to trash in on the track,Im looking for a Duke or a RC51.

""Attention!!!:for your own safety,we have proclamed that 'thou shall not try thy wheelies,or go past 55mph,never stunt ride nor have even one beer.Anyone violating safety rules will be promptly executed,for his own safety.""

Post Edited (luiggispeed) : 4/28/2005 3:42:21 PM GMT

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
lasbikes.JPG
  99KB (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 333 time(s).

wigglesworth
Registered Member

Date Joined Apr 2005
Total Posts : 2

Posted 5/2/2005 8:23 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
i am looking at either the 600rr or 1000rr. being 45 eliminates the squid factor. not a track user just street riding.
any suggestions?

thanks,

RedDog
Retired SportBike Bum

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 13635

Posted 5/2/2005 9:05 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
CBR929 used - I got one for you ...

RedDog
Travel Light & Leave Your Fears Behind You!
Normal People Scare me!

Bimota rider
"AGE" victim

Date Joined May 2005
Total Posts : 941

Posted 5/3/2005 12:45 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
My kids tricyclefreaked  and a '98 Bimota SB6R. in the past I've owned 3 gsxr's '89,'91,'93 and a BMW k1200rs. The BMW was sooooooonice but I traded it for my Bimota. Which is powered by the Suzuki 1072cc. w/ bigger carbs and more hot rod stuff.(stock) Can't go wrong w/ suzuki 1100. Also pictured here: action shot '91 gsxr 1100, and my wife "posing" on the same day she took the action shot, I am waving to her w/ my foot. On the Ortega Hwy Orange co. Ca. 

"I know something about everything...
 But, I don't know everything about anything" 

See  ya,  on  the  way  back !!!

Post Edited (Bimota rider) : 5/13/2005 1:47:34 AM GMT

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
1500kb.jpg
  363KB (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 425 time(s).
Image Attachment :
Image Preview
Scan0006 1500kb.jpg
  340KB (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 466 time(s).
Image Attachment :
Image Preview
scan0002.jpg
  649KB (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 411 time(s).
Image Attachment :
Image Preview
Scan0008bmwresized.jpg
  999KB (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 364 time(s).
Image Attachment :
Image Preview
Scan0009shannaresized.jpg
  747KB (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 485 time(s).

wigglesworth
Registered Member

Date Joined Apr 2005
Total Posts : 2

Posted 5/3/2005 6:22 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Flickmeister said...
Got ride of my '03 GSXR1000 and bought a 2004 Gixxer 600. A thousand times more fun that also enhaunces my current riding theme: "Just an old man riding a little motorcycle." Just for the record, I'm 58 and will never grow up. Ever heard that ancient phrase, "Treachery and old age will defeat youth and enthusiasm every time?" Enjoy the ride. Cheers, Jack

Are you happy enough riding the 600 vs the 1000? I am torn between the cbr 600rr vs 1000rr. What do you think?

haritheone
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2005
Total Posts : 1

Posted 5/13/2005 9:28 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
2005 Yamaha R1 Shift Red devil

TheOne : "the pace is too fast... you just won't last... !! "

okrunjoe
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2005
Total Posts : 1

Posted 5/15/2005 5:42 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I ride a 2005 Suzuki GSX R1000...old-age crazy..I'm 68

T-DOG
gsxr boy

Date Joined Apr 2005
Total Posts : 97

Posted 5/16/2005 10:04 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
2002 gsxr 1000 love this bike supper fast good breaks!!! looks good 

love war and peace

dont tread on me please

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
tims motorcycle 2.jpg
  825KB (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 954 time(s).
Image Attachment :
Image Preview
timmotorcycle.jpg
  1.08Mb (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 455 time(s).
Image Attachment :
Image Preview
post-10-33112-1000_2.jpg
  191KB (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 2982 time(s).

BillyTheKid
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2005
Total Posts : 3

Posted 5/20/2005 2:43 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I ride a '03 RC51 because it sets car alarms off when I go by.

Green9R
PWTPT

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 579

Posted 5/20/2005 4:21 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
BR, that looks like you're coming up through the carousels just past the store??

“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.” ~Benjamin Franklin

Bimota rider
"AGE" victim

Date Joined May 2005

Posted 5/20/2005 12:03 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

That is correct Greenie,

You win!!! lol

Pic taken in about '92. I believe they have reconstucted the "Ortega" Since I left so. Cal. in ''94. cry

I loved that highway. -- every sunday am. freaked

It was definately a "squid eater" of a road. nono  A 10 foot run-out, with a rude rude greeting of the mountainside, or off the edge!!! A very non-forgiving narrow, dare I say "Track". roll

................................................_Tom

Green9R
PWTPT

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 579

Posted 5/20/2005 12:32 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
They repaved the back side probably right after you left.. The front side heading up from the lake was widened sometime after that, it's a kicker now. I've been riding up there since 89/90 but these days It's squid haven after 9am; it (The Ortega) still doesn't suffer fools or squids.

“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.” ~Benjamin Franklin

Bimota rider
"AGE" victim

Date Joined May 2005

Posted 5/20/2005 4:02 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I frequented "Ortega" '88-'94. Rarely after 9 am (to many cars) Usually sun up to 'bout 9am. Then off to Palomar or the like. We probably have seen if not met each other. Small world.
Take 'er easy! ...... Tom

I want to be unique!.........

.......Just like everyone else!

velvet elvis
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2005
Total Posts : 19

Posted 5/28/2005 10:02 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
honda 599 '04
Image Attachment :
Image Preview
P5280077.JPG
  213KB (image/jpeg)
This image has been viewed 410 time(s).

Allan
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2005
Total Posts : 21

Posted 5/31/2005 1:40 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
You aint seen one of these -
A yellow Hyosung GT 650s. Looks like a Duke from the front - due to the twin beam headlights.
A fun ride!

Vespa Girl
Registered Member

Date Joined Apr 2005
Total Posts : 87

Posted 6/4/2005 9:46 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Here's me and my ninja 250.

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
P1010463.JPG
  53KB (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 488 time(s).
Image Attachment :
Image Preview
P1010464.JPG
  57KB (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 514 time(s).