Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > Sportbike > 2008 Suzuki Hayabusa and B-King - First Look  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
57 posts in this thread.
Viewing Page :
 1  2  3 
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

Hilde44
MotoUSA - Dirt Guy

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Sep 2005
Total Posts : 469

Posted 6/29/2007 6:39 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Suzuki just released its two largest sportbikes, the Hayabusa and all-new B-King. The 'Busa is updated to retaliate against the ZX-14 and the naked B-King is essentially a stripped version but with a few twists. Read more.

jon
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Aug 2004
Total Posts : 5959

Posted 6/29/2007 10:58 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
as i've said in my post in the general forum, i've been following news/updates regarding the b-king since the concept of 2001.  now, i just have to see it in person to see how good it looks and how well it fits me before forking out $12 large.  as far as the second generation busa goes, i had a 99' silver/copper busa and i'm not too impress with the looks of the new busa but again, have to see it in person first...might look better in person.  yeah, it's all about looks and fit for me...regardless of how big/small or what type of bike it is because i do my riding on public roads and streets. 

Post Edited (jon) : 6/30/2007 6:03:11 AM GMT

Gription
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2004

Posted 6/30/2007 2:00 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
so what is up with the b-king is it definantly coming to the US? I think it is sweet.

Walk up to a corner and run out of it.

Tros
Global Moderator

Date Joined Apr 2004
Total Posts : 7362

Posted 6/30/2007 11:39 AM (GMT 0)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I think the Busa looks good :-)

"People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost."

Dr. Sprocket
Registered Member

Date Joined Jul 2004
Total Posts : 88

Posted 6/30/2007 6:26 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
So less really IS more.  Can anyone explain why basically the same bike with less material (no bodywork) and less labor (no painting and decals application for said bodywork) costs $900 USD more?  Perhaps it's exclusivity.  I don't imagine we'll be seeing the B-King everywhere, as you do with the Hayabusa. 

IMHO, I think the B-King is the meanest looking naked out there... and that's cool!!  devil

It's not old... it's "classic."

Scurlock
Registered Member

Date Joined Nov 2006
Total Posts : 7

Posted 6/30/2007 8:49 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I am glad suzuki and kawasaki keep raising the performance of the busa's and Big ZX's. If nothing else it's bound to make for more interesting police chase videos and celebrity athlete get-off's in the news! (I can't get enough of that stuff) I'd also love to see an updated version of the 1100xx Honda! Maybe they could bring some better styling to this class of hypertouring bikes. Ok, enough chat...let's get some chrome on it and lose some of that "extra" braking hardware.

martinjmpr
08 Triumph Scrambler

Date Joined Jun 2003
Total Posts : 4681

Posted 6/30/2007 10:43 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Dr. Sprocket said...
So less really IS more.  Can anyone explain why basically the same bike with less material (no bodywork) and less labor (no painting and decals application for said bodywork) costs $900 USD more?  Perhaps it's exclusivity.  I don't imagine we'll be seeing the B-King everywhere, as you do with the Hayabusa. 

IMHO, I think the B-King is the meanest looking naked out there... and that's cool!!  devil

I'm guessing there's several reasons.  Exclusivity, as you say, also the fact that the 'busa is an updated version of an old design while the B-king has a lot of new parts that had to be designed specifically for it.  Also, I would think the fact that the 'busa has a full fairing means you can hide a lot of less-than-pretty parts, which now have to be polished up and made pretty on the B-king since they're hanging out there for everyone to see. 

Have to agree with you on the looks, though.  Very mean, very cool.  If we're lucky this may start another trend in the MC market and we may start seeing the big naked bikes like the CB1300. 

Martin

Denver, CO

"They were long, and low, and sleek, and fast, they were Classic, in a word
Back in '55 We were makin' Thunderbirds" - Bob Seger

Smax
Registered Member

Date Joined Jun 2003
Total Posts : 2871

Posted 6/30/2007 10:57 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Saw no mention in any recent articles on the B-King.. Does it retain its most appealing feature, the "B" for Boost, via supercharger??

I'm liking this naked-bent. Fully-faired has run its course, imo.

Scoot-jockey. gsx-r 1100

HogWild
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2006
Total Posts : 5123

Posted 6/30/2007 12:22 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Scurlock said...
I am glad suzuki and kawasaki keep raising the performance of the busa's and Big ZX's. If nothing else it's bound to make for more interesting police chase videos and celebrity athlete get-off's in the news! (I can't get enough of that stuff) I'd also love to see an updated version of the 1100xx Honda! Maybe they could bring some better styling to this class of hypertouring bikes. Ok, enough chat...let's get some chrome on it and lose some of that "extra" braking hardware.

I gotta admit the XX was very nice and the all black one was a serious looker.....

OhioSteve
Registered Member

Date Joined Jul 2004
Total Posts : 876

Posted 6/30/2007 12:33 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
YES! YESS!! YESSS!!!

I am the foremost expert on my opinion.

jimmihaffa
Registered Member

Date Joined Dec 2004
Total Posts : 217

Posted 6/30/2007 3:18 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
The B King would look great if you could remove those batwing ram air scoop turn signals things from the side of the tank and replace the exhaust with something more discreet.

Post Edited (jimmihaffa) : 6/30/2007 10:53:36 PM GMT

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
GSX1300BK_Black.jpg
  136KB (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 6781 time(s).

gagster
Registered Member

Date Joined Jan 2006
Total Posts : 62

Posted 6/30/2007 5:22 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I'll take a 'Busa in orange/black, thank you.

Hilde44
MotoUSA - Dirt Guy

Date Joined Sep 2005

Posted 7/3/2007 4:33 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Here's the final set of new bikes from Suzuki's big Vegas introduction. The GSX650F and C109R and C109RT.

RedDog
Retired SportBike Bum

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 13635

Posted 7/3/2007 4:39 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
GSX650F looks good and priced pretty good too!

RedDog
Think Ahead! Travel Light & Leave Your Fears Behind You!
Normal People Scare me!

nochrome
Registered Member

Date Joined Feb 2004
Total Posts : 36

Posted 7/3/2007 7:06 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
GSX650...I just don't get it.

At first glance I would take the Kawa ZZR600 every day of the week and twice Sunday over the Suzuki 650. The Kawa is fully adjustable, IIRC. I guess the 50 cc extra and cams get you more torque on the Suzuki 650. But if you want torque, get an SV650. ?????????

motorwerks919
Registered Member

Date Joined Jul 2005
Total Posts : 341

Posted 7/3/2007 10:14 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Any word on why the GSX650 weighs 475lbs?  Or is this a typo?

louemc
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 17483

Posted 7/4/2007 2:41 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Could be a Diabolical plot to make the next move more dramatic, when the rider buys a GSXR they will feel like Super Man lol

Focus the forces, Be The Force

Tros
Global Moderator

Date Joined Apr 2004
Total Posts : 7362

Posted 7/4/2007 5:27 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
nochrome said...
The Kawa is fully adjustable, IIRC. I guess the 50 cc extra and cams get you more torque on the Suzuki 650.
Yeah.... I'd take the Kawasaki ZZR600 over it as well; When I saw the phrase "tuned for torque" I let out a small sigh --- I want to like this new Suzuki 650, but it sounds like it won't really compete with the ZZR600 or the YZF600R... Or the SV650 or Ninja 650R. It might fill in a nice niche, but until I figure out what that niche is, I'll just sit back and wait for more rider reviews.

"People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost."

flickmeister
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2004
Total Posts : 1021

Posted 7/4/2007 5:47 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I dunno, the GSX650 has gotten some pretty good initial reviews from some of the UK mags. The biggest problem with the ZZR is the suspension is pretty archaic, on the harsh side. Sort of the same for the YZF on the soft side. Since Suzuki is billing it as a newbie bike, a EFI in-line four tuned for torque could be ideal. It's also a nice choice between it and the SV and Kawi ER. Choice is good.....

Maya
Suzuki GSX-750

Date Joined Jun 2004
Total Posts : 2442

Posted 7/5/2007 5:04 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
The B-King will be available in Switzerland (don't know about the rest of Europe) as of Aug. 17th, 2007. I can't wait to see it on the road. I'm sure a lot of people have ordered it already. Personally I prefer the looks GSR 600. It's the little sister of the B-King!

merlot
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2007
Total Posts : 6

Posted 7/5/2007 6:08 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I don't know why everyone calls bikes like the new GSX650F and SV650 newbie bikes. Over in Europe bikes like them (FZ6, Hornet, etc) are best sellers and used by people of all types of motorcycling backgrounds. We are so caught up in the big HP #'s over here. eyes

Oh, and if anyone is trying to figure out how the GSX650F fits into the lineup -my guess is affordable sports tourer.

flickmeister
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2004

Posted 7/5/2007 6:30 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

yo merlot,

In the good ol' US of A, good, bad, or indifferent, BTTWP is what it's all about!

merlot
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2007
Total Posts : 6

Posted 7/5/2007 11:43 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
BTTWP?

louemc
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 17483

Posted 7/5/2007 12:09 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Beat The Tiny Wimpy People lol

Focus the forces, Be The Force

Post Edited (louemc) : 7/5/2007 7:22:01 PM GMT

flickmeister
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2004

Posted 7/5/2007 3:43 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Nice try lou, but nix, nix. "Balls To The Wall Power".....hey, it's the American way, 10-4? Upon further thought, it should have been BTTWPATT--"Balls To The Wall Power All The Time."