Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > Sportbike > 2008 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R - First Look!  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
44 posts in this thread.
Viewing Page :
 1  2 
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

Kenny
MCUSA - Editorial Director

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Apr 2003
Total Posts : 484

Posted 9/11/2007 12:00 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Sorry to torture you guys but I couldn't resist. The article and official images of the 2008 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R will be 'officially' released at 4pm PDT. So get your whine bags ready because this is going to be the start of a month of debates over styling and reasoning by the Big Four and the starting light on this race to the showroom goes green with the release from Kawasaki.

I like to think of Jesus like, with giant eagles wings, and singin' lead vocals for Lynyrd Skynyrd with like an angel band and I'm in the front row and I'm hammered drunk!

Post Edited (Kenny) : 9/11/2007 11:39:36 PM GMT

louemc
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 17483

Posted 9/11/2007 1:29 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I've seen it, No specs yet, but, everything looks good, except for the exhaust can, that will be switched out by every 10 owner, guaranteed.

Focus the forces, Be The Force

Kenny

Date Joined Apr 2003

Posted 9/11/2007 4:40 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
It's live. You can see the new Ninja people. Come. Let us discuss this latest Ninja.

I like to think of Jesus like, with giant eagles wings, and singin' lead vocals for Lynyrd Skynyrd with like an angel band and I'm in the front row and I'm hammered drunk!

motorwerks919
Registered Member

Date Joined Jul 2005
Total Posts : 341

Posted 9/11/2007 4:42 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Why did you delete the other 2008 zx10 thread which had the same exact pictures?

I hope they make this one more like the 04-05 version (read: lightweight).
Louemc said...
I've seen it, No specs yet, but, everything looks good, except for the exhaust can, that will be switched out by every 10 owner, guaranteed.
Yup, exhausts are such an easy thing to change that there aesthetic qualities are of no real concern.

Kenny

Date Joined Apr 2003

Posted 9/11/2007 4:53 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
MW: Because we were hyptnotized by a blinding green light that shind from the East. It suggested we remove it in the interest of oru personal well being so we obliged. So, how about that new Ninja huh? Personally I dig it.

"I got a huntin' dog named 'Lucky'. He's has one eye, and no nuts."

TheWall67
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2005
Total Posts : 141

Posted 9/11/2007 4:55 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Navin: "Hey Harry, look at this! What's the matter with these cans?"
Madman: "Die milk face!"
Navin: "These cans are defective - they're springing leaks! Come over here and look at this!"
Harry: "Listen, you better run for cover or you're going to spring a leak!"
Navin: "Huh?"
Harry: "We don't have defective cans, we have a defective person out there!"
Navin: "He hates these cans! Stay away from the cans!"
Madman: "Die gas pumper!"
Navin: "Get away from those cans!"
Navin: "There's cans in there too!"
Navin: "More cans!"
Madman: "Die you bastard!"
Harry: "He doesn't want to put holes in the cans, he want to put holes in you!"
Navin: "What?"
Madman: "Milk faced bastard!"

Hey, watch this...

Kenny

Date Joined Apr 2003

Posted 9/11/2007 4:56 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Wall...please step away from the computer now.

motorwerks919
Registered Member

Date Joined Jul 2005
Total Posts : 341

Posted 9/11/2007 5:01 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Kenny said...
MW: Because we were hyptnotized by a blinding green light that shind from the East. It suggested we remove it in the interest of oru personal well being so we obliged. So, how about that new Ninja huh? Personally I dig it.

I see, fair enough.
I also dig the new Ninja specs unknown...

Kenny

Date Joined Apr 2003

Posted 9/11/2007 6:09 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Its all a secret until Sept 25. This is just a teaser to see how the public feels about it I guess. The limited specs they would reveal are at the bottom of the article now.

Post Edited (Kenny) : 9/12/2007 1:40:43 AM GMT

NinjaForLife
Registered Member

Date Joined Dec 2006
Total Posts : 31

Posted 9/11/2007 7:20 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I have seen what the front of this new ZX-10R looks like, and let me tell you, it's different to say the least. Kawasaki, I sure hope you made that monstrosity faster and better handling than ever before (something tells me I won't be dissapointed). It does seem, however, that the more I learn about this bike, the more appealing it becomes. The exhaust can, location of the turn signals on the mirror stalks, and the headlights are eyesores for me (you'll see them eventually). Two of those are easily fixable though. Better get used to the third, I suppose.

Can't wait to see how it stacks up against the other liters.

It is great to hear that the ZX-14 will be more powerful. Also, based on the spy shots that I've seen of the 250R, that just might be my wife's first bike. I'm happy you guys like it too.

Post Edited (NinjaForLife) : 9/12/2007 2:36:05 AM GMT

masbuell
Registered Member

Date Joined Apr 2005
Total Posts : 389

Posted 9/11/2007 7:22 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I think it looks good. Should make the Kawifans happy. I'm sure it's faster than a speeding bullet.. and all that. Change out the exhaust if it is as ugly as it appears and you're good to go.

If you ever, don't never, unless you will.

hoser
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2007
Total Posts : 2

Posted 9/11/2007 7:41 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I LOVE IT!!! so far anyhow. has some serious character. my first response to the 06 the first time i saw a pic was "what the hell did they do" and it slowly (very) grew on me. this new 10 screams i'll make you do bad things...lol and my first response was, "wow, different. daddy likes".

of course ive been known to bleed a little green...

Chaos
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2007
Total Posts : 1030

Posted 9/12/2007 4:19 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I like it as well. Although I think the exhaust is a bit tacky.

YellowDuck
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 4130

Posted 9/12/2007 5:41 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
What is it with Kawasaki and these bell-bottom shaped exhausts nowadays? Didn't they learn their lesson when they brought out the redesigned Z1000 and the entire world screamed "EGADS!" ??

Cynicism is what passes for insight among the mediocre - Joe Klein

hoser
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2007
Total Posts : 2

Posted 9/12/2007 5:55 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Chaos said...
I like it as well. Although I think the exhaust is a bit tacky.

YellowDuck said...
What is it with Kawasaki and these bell-bottom shaped exhausts nowadays? Didn't they learn their lesson when they brought out the redesigned Z1000 and the entire world screamed "EGADS!" ??

who cares about stock exhausts, they are temporary anyhow...lol

Moto-Pat
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2005
Total Posts : 1181

Posted 9/12/2007 6:56 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I like what I see. Your going to change the exhaust anyway. So now you will not feel as bad tossing it in the trash because it's ugly. The new body work is nice and I like the black treatment to all the bits. And it's a Kaw so you know it will have a motor.
Do you think Honda will ever learn the turning signal intergration trick?

jimmihaffa
Registered Member

Date Joined Dec 2004
Total Posts : 217

Posted 9/12/2007 8:04 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I think we're seeing a lot of motogp trickle down technology in this new Zed.  This bike may blow the pipes off of the competition, including the new CBR1000.

636ADAM
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2005
Total Posts : 2110

Posted 9/12/2007 8:56 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Its really too bad the stock can is soo ugly. I had planned on getting a 10 and keeping it stock(quiet). There is plenty of power there without modding the piss out of it, Like my 6R. I wonder if you could put a stock gixxer 1K can on it. That would be sick.

Maybe I ll jusst get a green night lite instead. lol

Don't look at me!
Adam

luiggispeed
My other bike is a Les Paul!!!

Date Joined Apr 2005
Total Posts : 1802

Posted 9/12/2007 9:41 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
it's beautyfull to my eyes

louemc
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2003

Posted 9/12/2007 10:31 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Those WTF turn signal things on the mirror stalks, could be Euro only, so not getting ruffled on that yet, but, why they aren't flush form fit in the mirror body, for Euro's and us, escapes me, I trust whoever in Kawi styling studio approved them, has fallen on his sword by now.
It looks like the radiators are different, that should be (if they are) a real good move, so looking forward to what's up there.

Moto-Pat
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2005
Total Posts : 1181

Posted 9/12/2007 1:15 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
louemc said...
Those WTF turn signal things on the mirror stalks, could be Euro only, so not getting ruffled on that yet, but, why they aren't flush form fit in the mirror body,

If you remember back when the ZX-10 came out the pics all showed it with integrated frt signals. But when the bikes hit the floors they didn't. It was two years (I think) before they got moved so I would say nothing is in stone yet.

louemc
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2003

Posted 9/12/2007 1:34 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
636ADAM said...
Its really too bad the stock can is soo ugly. I had planned on getting a 10 and keeping it stock(quiet). There is plenty of power there without modding the piss out of it, Like my 6R. I wonder if you could put a stock gixxer 1K can on it. That would be sick.

Maybe I ll jusst get a green night lite instead. lol

I'll be looking at the exhaust system, real close  (when I can see it in the flesh).  I was going to leave my 05 system stock (Lordy it works fine, and the material is top shelf), but, it's fun to be trick, so.... I'm thinking the headers/collector of the 08, and I have a long taper, SS Super Trapp with nothing inside the can, and a 3 inch stack of disks, and open end cap, that would send the girly boy's running in fright,  and who know's there could be a girly boy show up where I stop, sometime lol  smilewinkgrin  One should always be prepaired, Ya know. cool

Desmolicious
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2004
Total Posts : 5507

Posted 9/12/2007 2:25 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Dood. New Zx10 with no underseat exhausts. Shweeeet.

Børk! Børk! Børk!

louemc
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2003

Posted 9/12/2007 2:36 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Tizz Shweeeet, so far, (no specs no ride reports) what is being said, is the parts that worked, to up the performance on the tracks, were/are the changes for the 08. Won't make a spec of difference for me, but, I sure like the sound of the seriousness across the board in all the 08 weapons. (so the fast guys can be happy, Ya Know)   smilewinkgrin

Desmolicious
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2004
Total Posts : 5507

Posted 9/12/2007 5:00 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
It looks like this bike is what the 05 ZX10 should have become.
Anyone have any links to pics of the 08 Honda 1000?

Børk! Børk! Børk!