Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > Sportbike > 2008 Yamaha Tokyo Show Concepts  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

bmadson
MCUSA Scribbler

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jul 2005
Total Posts : 1039

Posted 10/17/2007 11:15 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Yamaha unveils some interesting alternative fuel concepts and the retro-styled XS-V1 Sakura for the upcoming 2007 Tokyo Motor Show. Check out MotorcycleUSA's 2008 Yamaha Tokyo Show Concepts article and sound off.

Desmolicious
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Aug 2004
Total Posts : 5507

Posted 10/17/2007 11:27 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Dang that Sakura is gorgeous.

Børk! Børk! Børk!

Holmes
Registered Member

Date Joined Dec 2005
Total Posts : 495

Posted 10/17/2007 12:42 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Desmolicious said...
Dang that Sakura is gorgeous.

Ditto - that is one kiler looking bike, I'd love to see one up close.

2006 Kawasaki Z750S
2006 Suzuki V-Strom 650
1976 Yamaha XS650
1973 Honda CB750

ro7939
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2006
Total Posts : 57

Posted 10/17/2007 6:47 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
XS-V1 Sakura
Let's see....um....as long as you could get the Sakura...
Let's compare to the also-desirable H-D retro XR1200 faux-flat-tracker

The Sakura has it's own indellible look, kinda reminds me of Steve's Triumph in the war flick. The Yammie will cost less, be endlessly more reliable, you won't have to visit an f'n freak show store for service, you won't be subsidizing a company making bikes causing more noise pollution than any other infernal combustion make, will outperform the HD in each & every possible parameter that can be meausured in any way you choose......Hmmmmmm....finally a great alternative. I'd probably buy one now if it was available.

PS, love the color....hey holmes...is your CB750 restored?  What color?  That's another one of the best looking bikes ever made. 

keepsdad
Registered Member

Date Joined Apr 2006
Total Posts : 17

Posted 10/18/2007 3:55 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
a definite "me too" on the Sakura.
agree with the other posters - love the styling and actually also think that color is gorgeous.

could easily see myself adding one of these to the fleet.
and as pointed out, it would have have yamaha reliability and smoothness.

think the retro style is neat ( probably why i also own a midnight roadliner ).
plus, probably my advanced age, but when i look at the sakura i can picture steve mcqueen jumping it over barbed wire fences a la the great escape   yeah

Holmes
Registered Member

Date Joined Dec 2005
Total Posts : 495

Posted 10/18/2007 7:02 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
ro7939 said...

PS, love the color....hey holmes...is your CB750 restored?  What color?  That's another one of the best looking bikes ever made. 
ro - attached is a pic of our CB750 when we bought it. It was sort of a 'cafe racer' look. Had a lot of fun on it but alas in a moment of weakness we sold it to help finance our newer bike purchases (still regret that descision, it was pretty hot).

2006 Kawasaki Z750S
2006 Suzuki V-Strom 650
1976 Yamaha XS650
1973 Honda CB750

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
CB750.jpg
  96KB (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 637 time(s).

YellowDuck
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 4130

Posted 10/18/2007 8:12 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
One could put the Sakura in the "sport classic" retro category, ala Ducati, although this one definitely apepars to be more "classic" than "sport". Probably more apealing to your Triumph Bonneville types.

That luxair thingy is putrid.

Really happy to see the alternate fuel concepts. Most excellent.

Cynicism is what passes for insight among the mediocre - Joe Klein