Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > Sportbike > Please.....help me through my pain.....  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
65 posts in this thread.
Viewing Page :
 1  2  3 
[ | Show Newest Post First ]

flickmeister
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined May 2004
Total Posts : 1021

Posted 6/24/2008 6:01 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Walt has rented Jennings GP motorcycle track for Thursday. There were supposed to be 5 or 6 of us going, but a few had to cop out because they couldn't get off work. So, it;s just Walt and me. I was gonna bring the Bandit mostly because I was too lazy to prep the Gixxer the way I want, and I was curious how it would get around the track. Walt suggested instead of my Bandit, if I wanted he's bring his other hyperbike bike: the MV Agusta 312R. So, all day Thursday, it'll be Walt, me, his Desmosedici, his 1098R, and his 312R. We''l have the whole day to trade off these three beasts and ride our asses off. It don't get no better than this. If it rains, I'll have to commit suicide. Stay tuned, more later with how the day went and how the bikes performed. I'll try and get some good pics too. Cheers, Jack

GAJ
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jul 2007
Total Posts : 6845

Posted 6/24/2008 6:36 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Ya know, for grins, if you could find a SMALLER bike as well...

There's gotta be member of this forum that are within 2 hours and would love to join you guys.

Criminal to have only two of you.

Have a great time.

RedDog
Retired SportBike Bum

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 13635

Posted 6/24/2008 6:52 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Why don't you just take a Kia or something out there and have some serious fun. All these bikes are dangerous, Flick!

Well, for some seconds there I saw some images of you and Walt in a Kia, that was medicine, like peeing in your pants in the Winter. It didn't last long before the green jealousy came back.

Have a great day!

RedDog
Think Ahead! Travel Light & Leave Your Fears Behind You!
Normal People Scare me!

flickmeister
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2004

Posted 6/24/2008 7:31 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Green-eyed monster gotcha by the gobers, huh RedDog??

RedDog
Retired SportBike Bum

Date Joined Mar 2003

Posted 6/24/2008 8:10 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
You know, maybe light light green thinking about that MV Agusta.

Back in 83, me and a Buddy scooted up to the old GP track by Rijeka in the old Yugoslavia. As we admired the awesome track and it's premium condition, we spotted some workers there. Just for the Halibut we asked if we could ride the track.

"Sure!" they said
"The cost?" we asked
"20 dinares," they said and after a very quick do the math, I smiled and paid up. It was like $2.00.

Then they sent some of the guys out and broomed the track (!). While waiting, we were offered a shot of Slivovich, plum liquor, which we, of course said, maybe afterwards. But I had to ask what the 20 dinars were all about.

"Insurance," he said.
"Insurance? What kind of insurance do you get for that price?"
"The phone call to the hospital, Sir.

We laughed, we played, we shot pictures, one still on the wall here, and at the day's end we had some shots of that Yugoslavian plum liquor. That night we staid at the core GP hotel downtown with balconies to the Adriatic coast. And some beers. Life was good, awesome.

See, just light, light green, Flick.

RedDog
Normal People Scare me!

WhiteKnite
Exploring Korea

Date Joined Sep 2007
Total Posts : 550

Posted 6/24/2008 8:17 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Awesome story RD lol. Oh and HEY! I drive a Kia... Kind of odd how my bike has almost 150 RWHP and my car has like 100ish.

2005 CBR1000RR
Photobucket

ianisme
Typical Bloody Brit!

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 8211

Posted 6/24/2008 8:28 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Bugger off. I hope you run out of fuel 5 minutes before you are due to start!

Jealous? Me? Of course not. ;-)

In a sign of increasingly difficult times, even great masterpieces have to work for a living.

RedDog
Retired SportBike Bum

Date Joined Mar 2003

Posted 6/24/2008 8:29 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Oh sorry for putting down the Kia, but it just happened on this Explore UT08 trip that we rented one and after one day and some 500 miles, it started shaking violently in the front somewhere. We were happy to get back home and got it changed.

Thus, I would love to see Flick on Jennings in that ... but no, he will be on the MV ... I am not helping with his pain!

RedDog
Normal People Scare me!

flickmeister
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2004

Posted 6/24/2008 8:30 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Comet Rider,

Funny how things work. I don't give a damn about cars. I drive a Kia Rio, an '06 Gixxer Thou', and an '07 Bandit 1250S. Between the first two, I'm in the same boat as you. Cheers, Jack

Chaos
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2007
Total Posts : 1030

Posted 6/24/2008 10:27 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Flick, try and get someone to take pics of you guys in action. That is what I'm going to try and do, the next time I can afford to go to the track.

speed demon
Registered Member

Date Joined Apr 2003
Total Posts : 522

Posted 6/25/2008 11:12 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Hmmm...3 bikes, two people.  Sounds like I need to come down and keep one of those bikes company.....Seriouslysmilewinkgrin

Have fun down there.

louemc
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 17483

Posted 6/25/2008 12:09 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hey Hey Hey, It's the only decent thing you can do Jack, (OK the GIXXR would be decent, so Walt could ride it, but you're not doing that) Walt should have several of his bikes to ride, he is paying for it.

I wish you were taking your GIXXR, it would be a shame if it got pissed off, for being left at home.

Focus the forces, Be The Force

flickmeister
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2004

Posted 6/25/2008 12:45 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Lou,

Taking his bikes was his choice. I don't think he cares about the Gixxer one iota. I was gonna take the Bandit, but Walt offered his 312 mostly because he wanted to compare the three most exotic bikes available to the (rich) public. I'm just being a good sport and helping him in his time of need. You know, the sacrifices we have to make sometimes in the name of friendship. Walt has said he wants to rent Barber Motorsports Park later this year. I guarantee I'll have the Gixxer all primed for that event. I'll let you all know how the day went when I get home tomorrow. Cheers, Jack

Robarre
Registered Member

Date Joined Nov 2007
Total Posts : 191

Posted 6/25/2008 3:46 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Ditto Ianisme...........Bugger off!

I don't have a jealous bone in my body either........I swear!

'04 Kawi Ninja 500R

Drunkula
Registered Member

Date Joined Dec 2006
Total Posts : 539

Posted 6/26/2008 5:47 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
You poor bastard, Jack. My sympathies....
devil

louemc
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 17483

Posted 6/27/2008 2:04 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
We should be hearing about how this turned out, any second now, right? :-)

Focus the forces, Be The Force

Dr. Bombay
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2004
Total Posts : 1328

Posted 6/29/2008 3:02 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
This is really not fair.

Cruel, in fact.

You suck.

Can I be Walt's friend, too?

Smitty
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 22123

Posted 6/29/2008 2:58 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

We had to do the same thing to lease a horse racing track, to a hill & some of the area below & at the top to much of the terrain for a scramble to Observed Trials to sometimes agreement upon land owners to crown land for an enduro or cross country event.  Now in some cases we were using the land of some farmer & it was a knowen thing that we would be there to help him in many of his ways of work also as a good-will thing, to land by a town like around an old dirt road bridge, to sometimes a bit of dirt road.  Yes all costing money, but we had learned to never count on others for we counted on them coming out with CASH IN ADVANCE.

One of our bit things was to build up a good name for ourselves as a Club or as the Cdn M/C Association to m/c shops & so next time we could pull off the same OR also come up with enough members to fellow riders that were willing to pitch in helping the land owners.

A road racing circuit was often a WWII small training base for RCAF beginners, was on the property of some farmer so money went to him.  All we usually used were staw bales for changes in the straight sections to some safety.

Remember all the others on the road are crazy & out to kill you.

flickmeister
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2004

Posted 6/30/2008 6:26 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I am very saddened to inform this forum that my Dad (flickmeister) was killed this day at the racetrack in Jennings while riding.

He passed doing what he loved.

norton
Registered Member

Date Joined Nov 2006
Total Posts : 552

Posted 6/30/2008 8:27 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
WHAT?!!!

madfun said...

Sooner or later opinions fade, and the name on the tank matters not. I think that happens somewhere between 4th and 5th gear. Enjoy the ride... the rest takes care of itself.

Drunkula
Registered Member

Date Joined Dec 2006
Total Posts : 539

Posted 6/30/2008 9:37 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
:( It's not April 1st it? Say it isn't so!

636ADAM
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2005
Total Posts : 2110

Posted 6/30/2008 10:03 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
No way.

speed demon
Registered Member

Date Joined Apr 2003
Total Posts : 522

Posted 6/30/2008 10:09 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
shocked This seems so unlikely, its hard to believe!

636ADAM
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2005
Total Posts : 2110

Posted 6/30/2008 10:09 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I am sorry for the passing of your father.

R.I.P. FLICKMEISTER.

jon
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2004
Total Posts : 5959

Posted 6/30/2008 10:32 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
wow, hope it's not true...sorry to hear.  my thoughts are with you guys.