Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > Sportbike > Please.....help me through my pain.....  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
65 posts in this thread.
Viewing Page :
 1  2  3 
[ | Show Newest Post First ]

Desmolicious
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Aug 2004
Total Posts : 5507

Posted 6/30/2008 11:02 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I am stunned. Rest in peace Flick. My condolences to the family, and to the son or daughter who posted this, thank you for letting us know.
I am stunned.

Børk! Børk! Børk!

GAJ
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jul 2007
Total Posts : 6845

Posted 6/30/2008 11:17 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Oh my God....please tell us this is a ruse.

If true our hearts go out to the family...let us know what charity to donate to in his name...and where.

I am completely stunned; we learned so much from Flick and appreciated his even handedness and good nature.

ianisme
Typical Bloody Brit!

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 8211

Posted 6/30/2008 11:17 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I hardly know what to say. Jack was a great guy and contributed so much to this forum. I hope that his roads go ever onwards wherever he is.

In a sign of increasingly difficult times, even great masterpieces have to work for a living.

Smitty
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 22123

Posted 6/30/2008 11:18 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I am so sorry to hear about Flickmester passing away.  We all liked him & hope you can accept the pain of such a loss.  Like some others I can only say he passed away doing something he loved & was well respected & liked on this board.

Remember all the others on the road are crazy & out to kill you.

GAJ
Registered Member

Date Joined Jul 2007

Posted 6/30/2008 11:29 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
As mentioned on another thread, I just called the track and all they would say is there was a death this w/e at a private event.

I couldn't bet any more words out to probe and the woman was obviously distraught.

RIP Flick.

Flick sounded like a truly decent chap and all the best to the family in this tragic hour.

flickmeister
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2004
Total Posts : 1021

Posted 6/30/2008 12:23 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

This is Jack's daughter, Kathy, I knew he posted a great deal to this forum and wanted you to know what happened.  Please pass it on to those who should know.  Any donations can be made to the Motorcycle Safety Foundation for those who are interested.

https://store.msf-usa.org/nmsf/donate.aspf

There is a tribute to him created by our family.

Thank you--Jack's family

Link to tribute edited for direct click. (Ian)

Post Edited By Moderator (ianisme) : 6/30/2008 8:39:24 PM GMT

Bman
Resident Redneck

Date Joined Jan 2005
Total Posts : 3478

Posted 6/30/2008 12:32 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
To the family of flickmeister, I am so sorry for your loss. He will be greatly missed here, as I am sure he will be everywhere he was known. My thoughts and prayers go out to you all.

Improvise, Adapt, Overcome
1999 Vulcan 800 Classic, "Hank"
1996 Virago535
Bonifay, Florida

speed demon
Registered Member

Date Joined Apr 2003
Total Posts : 522

Posted 6/30/2008 1:08 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
This is very sad to hear.  My thoughts go out to his family.  He was a great contributor to this forum and will be missed.

GAJ
Registered Member

Date Joined Jul 2007

Posted 6/30/2008 1:58 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
flickmeister said...

This is Jack's daughter, Kathy, I knew he posted a great deal to this forum and wanted you to know what happened.  Please pass it on to those who should know.  Any donations can be made to the Motorcycle Safety Foundation for those who are interested.

Thank you--Jack's family

Kathy, again, my heartfelt feelings for the loss of your father; he seemed to be an amazing man and reading the Guestbook it is obvious the loss is widely felt.
One of the things your father loved to do is to educate us on the ins and outs of the nuances of riding and one way he did that was to help us all dissect our own riding so we could avoid errors and learn from each other.  He was among the very best on this site at doing that and even though I have decades of experience in motorcycling, I always felt I could learn something from Jack.
When the time is right perhaps your dad's friend Walt could post some words about what can be learned from the events leading to your father's crash.
It sounds crass...but I know Flick was going to start a thread about what he learned from his latest exploits at the track, to help us all learn...he always did...if Walt is not up to it, we will certainly understand.
Our thoughts and best wishes are with you and your family...even though I did not know Jack personally...it felt like I did.
Please ignore my request to Walt if you deem it inappropriate.

Drunkula
Registered Member

Date Joined Dec 2006
Total Posts : 539

Posted 6/30/2008 3:02 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
At first I was hoping somebody was just joking. I'm truly saddened to hear of the news. My condolences to Jack's family and friends.

Rest in piece, flick!

Asphalt Cowboy
It's cheaper than a shrink

Date Joined Nov 2004
Total Posts : 1674

Posted 6/30/2008 4:44 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Kathy, our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this time.

WhiteKnite
Exploring Korea

Date Joined Sep 2007
Total Posts : 550

Posted 6/30/2008 4:52 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I am at a loss for words.

2005 CBR1000RR
Photobucket

YellowDuck
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 4130

Posted 6/30/2008 6:25 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Just terrible, terrible news. So sad to learn of this.

Jack was a class act

Cynicism is what passes for insight among the mediocre - Joe Klein

Dr. Bombay
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2004
Total Posts : 1328

Posted 6/30/2008 6:36 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I am so sorry to hear this. My heartfelt condolences to Jack's family and friends.

Cerebus
Registered Member

Date Joined Apr 2008
Total Posts : 240

Posted 6/30/2008 6:50 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Wow.  I am stunned.....Just last night I was reading his post on how excited he was to go to the track.  I have read may posts by Jack (flickmeister ) and have always valued his opinions....

Kathy,

My condolences go out to you and your family.

norton
Registered Member

Date Joined Nov 2006
Total Posts : 552

Posted 6/30/2008 6:52 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
R.I.P.!

madfun said...

Sooner or later opinions fade, and the name on the tank matters not. I think that happens somewhere between 4th and 5th gear. Enjoy the ride... the rest takes care of itself.

toosoonolt
Registered Member

Date Joined Jun 2008
Total Posts : 18

Posted 6/30/2008 7:18 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
My condolences to you Kathy, and your family.
Being new to this forum, I have not read any of your father's posts. But I can see he was a great contributor to this forum and will be missed by all here who knew him.

R.I.P.

Wixxy
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2005
Total Posts : 1080

Posted 6/30/2008 7:55 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Kathy, your family is in my heart as I know it is with everyone on this message board. Your father was a wise man and I doubt there are very few posts on this board that he wasn't trying to teach someone something about riding. Please know our prayers are with you and yours.

Guys, make sure you check out the video memorial on his page. A touching tribute that really gives an idea of what made Jack tick.

Didn't know him in person, but still feel the loss.

'08 Ducati 848
'99 Ducati 750 SS (half converted to full)
'95 BMW 318is
'95 Dalmatian
'96 Tabby
'06 Ford/Pierce Contender Rescue Truck

Instructor for Accident Scene Management, Inc., an organization dedicated to teaching emergency first aid and other safety measures to motorcyclists. Ask me about it!

Chaos
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2007
Total Posts : 1030

Posted 6/30/2008 9:57 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
flickmeister said...
I am very saddened to inform this forum that my Dad (flickmeister) was killed this day at the racetrack in Jennings while riding.

He passed doing what he loved.

I am very sorry to hear of your loss. Your dad was well respected here, and we will miss him sorely.

CaddmannQ
Random Moto-geek

Date Joined Jul 2003
Total Posts : 17674

Posted 6/30/2008 11:07 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
OMG! I just saw this and I am stunned.

Flick was always "one of the guys" around this forum, and though we moved in completely different circles in the MC world, when it came right down to it he always made other members here feel like personal friends.

May he rest in peace.

"When in doubt, ride."
Cadd................................Clovis CA
2004 Nomad 1500............"Baggins"
caddmannq at yahoo dot com

Go Bucks
'03 CBR600 F4i

Date Joined Apr 2005
Total Posts : 185

Posted 7/1/2008 6:43 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
flickmeister said...

Thank you--Jack's family

Condolences to you and your family.  I opened up the thread to see how the MV performed only to read this....absolutely stunned.

I know this probably doesn't help you but if I make it to 61 and my kids are raised and gone and I passed riding a MV at a closed track I would consider myself lucky.  My best had had an uncle who dies of ALS and believe me...there are worse ways to go.

What I know of him....he will surely be missed on this forum.

Tros
Global Moderator

Date Joined Apr 2004
Total Posts : 7362

Posted 7/1/2008 9:03 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I am so sorry for your loss...

2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650R
"People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost."

Da 919_ster
Internet Legend

Date Joined Apr 2003
Total Posts : 657

Posted 7/1/2008 9:20 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
this is sad indeed.   i am going have this thread sticky for a bit for everyone here.  sad
R.I.P.

Post Edited (Da Magnator) : 7/1/2008 4:28:20 PM GMT

merkava
Registered Member

Date Joined Nov 2006
Total Posts : 294

Posted 7/1/2008 11:03 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
sad

My condolences to Jack's family and friends. May his soul rest in peace.

GAJ
Registered Member

Date Joined Jul 2007

Posted 7/1/2008 1:44 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I fear that if Kathy comes back to this site she may not find this sticky...and lord knows we'd like to eventually find out what in heck happened, (ie. bike failure, tire failure, too much throttle, failure of traction control...on a tight track with very powerful bikes any number of bad things can happen).

In any event, to "un sticky" it would make it easier for Kathy to find...if she ever returns.

Lord knows I got almost no sleep last night thinking about a guy I never met face to face.

Funny this internet thing!