Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > Sportbike > Please.....help me through my pain.....  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
65 posts in this thread.
Viewing Page :
 1  2  3 
[ | Show Newest Post First ]

Tros
Global Moderator

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Apr 2004
Total Posts : 7362

Posted 7/1/2008 3:38 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
GAJ said...
Funny this internet thing!
Yeah. It makes you stop and realize how long you've been talking to some people online. I've talked to some people for almost eight years now. Unreal.

Jack will be missed... Without a doubt.

2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650R
"People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost."

Macmac
x mod

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Nov 2007
Total Posts : 2061

Posted 7/1/2008 5:35 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I'll send a Pm so Kathy might find this.. Thank you Da'..please keep it on top... mac

Oil Monger

speed demon
Registered Member

Date Joined Apr 2003
Total Posts : 522

Posted 7/1/2008 8:09 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
GAJ said...
(...and lord knows we'd like to eventually find out what in heck happened)
Yeah, I'd be very curious to hear what in the heck happened.  I've ridden Jennings several times, and it seems like one of the safest tracks out there.  Plenty of runoff just about everywhere.  Not to mention Jack came across as a mature, seasoned rider, a former club racer at that.  Plus he was riding some high dollar bikes that didn't belong to him.  So I just can't imagine him riding recklessly.  It blows my mind.  Very sad and unfortunate.  I feel for the family.

At least he spent his last day ripping around a track on some fine Italian machinery, probably grinning from ear to ear.  I can think of worse ways to go.

RedDog
Retired SportBike Bum

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 13635

Posted 7/2/2008 7:54 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Just got a message about this - I am speechless. Terrible news.

During the day, I had you in my mind. It's so sad when a fellow rider dies. It makes me think. I always said if you want to go fast, take it to the track. I really want to know what happened here. Jennings is such a fine and "so safe as it gets" track.

R.I.P. Flick from us here in AR.

RedDog
Think Ahead! Travel Light & Leave Your Fears Behind You!
Normal People Scare me!

Post Edited (RedDog) : 7/3/2008 2:37:25 PM GMT

EdbearNZ
Registered Member

Date Joined Jul 2006
Total Posts : 1190

Posted 7/5/2008 6:29 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

I've just logged on and I am no shock! Even from this distance, the Interenet means we "meet" many people and even if we only "know"  their online persona, we all feel a comaraderie as bikers.

Flick, (Jack), was obviously a well respected and liked member of this forum and I enjoyed his posts, his common-sense, his sense of humour and his depth of knowledge.

My sincerest condolences to his family and to those here who knew him personally. Life is precious and fragile at times, may we all make the most of our time and our friendships and cherish those we love.

It takes 36 muscles to frown and but a twist of the wrist to smile...

bmwr100r
Airhead

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 1455

Posted 7/6/2008 6:57 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Just watched the video tribute and couldn't make through without shedding a few tears. cry

Freedom prospers when religion is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged.
Ronald Reagan

MichaelD
Registered Member

Date Joined Nov 2006
Total Posts : 658

Posted 7/6/2008 2:44 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Ive read alot of Jacks post. Very imformative. A true loss not only here but to the many people he has touched in life Im sure. I do believe in heaven and from what little I know of him Im sure hes there. My deepest sympathy to all his family and friends. God bless

In God We Trust,All Others Must Submit Objective Evidence   

South Central Kansas                                                                   

DB Cooper
MotoUSA Temp

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 39

Posted 7/7/2008 9:33 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Man, this is really bad news.  Jack was a big contributor to the forum and will be truly missed.  From everybody at Motorcycle USA, the family and friends have our heartfelt condolences.

Don Becklin
Motorcycle USA

bmadson
MCUSA Scribbler

Date Joined Jul 2005
Total Posts : 1039

Posted 7/7/2008 9:42 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Really sad news to hear. The MotorcycleUSA.com staff, as well as everyone else here on the forum, enjoyed Jack's contribution to the boards as an avid rider and MSF instructor. This is a great loss. Our condolences to the family and friends.

Nostalgia
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2007
Total Posts : 48

Posted 7/7/2008 3:36 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

RIP Flick

Always enjoyed Flicks posts.

Condolences to you and your family Kathy.

You are in our Prayers.

Nostalgia

Gription
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2004
Total Posts : 469

Posted 7/7/2008 4:07 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I just heard about this today. I also lost another person this morning. Needless to say I have been down all day. This song came on the radio and it made me feel better. Maybe it will help somebody else out as well.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFKj7iX150Y

Walk up to a corner and run out of it.

TheNibbler
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2007
Total Posts : 55

Posted 7/17/2008 12:37 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
R.I.P Jack!

Da 919_ster
Internet Legend

Date Joined Apr 2003
Total Posts : 657

Posted 8/12/2008 2:39 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Macmac said...
I'll send a Pm so Kathy might find this.. Thank you Da'..please keep it on top... mac

will do mac.  hopefully she finds this. 

MotoNuB
Over 13000 miles so far...

Date Joined Jun 2007
Total Posts : 91

Posted 9/12/2008 4:39 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Wow, I've been missing from the forums for a while with life and as I was looking around the forums I didn't see any recent posts from Flick.

I then did a search and found this thread.

Needless to say I'm shocked. Flick had a lot of info about a lot of things related to bikes.

Condolences to the family.

Having fun riding my Blue 2007 Ninja 650R somewhere around Sacramento, CA

luiggispeed
My other bike is a Les Paul!!!

Date Joined Apr 2005
Total Posts : 1802

Posted 12/8/2008 7:20 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I can't believe what I'm reading, I didn't knew this happened till now, my condolences for the family and Flick was one of the best contributors, really shocking. Jack I hope you're in Motorcycle Heaven and I hope to meet you there when my time comes...

"guns and superbikes are very similar...they're a lot of fun ...until an idiot gets a hold of one "