Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > Sportbike > possibly ducati's new superbike???  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

jon
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Aug 2004
Total Posts : 5959

Posted 8/5/2011 3:23 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
not too bad overall. based on the photo, the good: no more trellis frame, nice exhuast, the bad: the mid pipe section sticking out between the seat and hugger.

louemc
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 17483

Posted 8/5/2011 6:36 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Humm, the exhaust treatment and the ergonomics are so hidious for a bike with lights and license plate...I love it...I want to see those posers suffer.

Focus the forces, Be The Force

Post Edited (louemc) : 8/7/2011 4:37:04 PM GMT

el SID
merely a man equipped with a bag a seedless grapes

Date Joined Nov 2010
Total Posts : 1947

Posted 8/7/2011 7:05 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I dont know it reminds me of the ktm for some reason. I think its the tail,and exhaust. presently,I have that 999 feeling. take it leave it,seen better. Finished product will be the real test. I do find it odd that the whole frame is covered up. Ive also heard that this bike may have a carbon swingarm,who knows,I heard it might have a carbon frame as well,so for me its cool,like the mythical unicorn. lol

the best bike out.... is the one your on...
current hacks
1996 honda vfr
track hack? 2012 tuono rsv4 aprc? who knows,cant decide....
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125

WhiteKnite
Exploring Korea

Date Joined Sep 2007
Total Posts : 550

Posted 8/18/2011 6:03 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Wow, someone did a 12:00 wheelie off the assembly line?

2010 Hyosung GV650
2011 BMW F800ST

bunchof6
Troll/Squid/Spambot

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 4566

Posted 8/18/2011 7:33 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Ugly imo. I haven't been impressed by any ducati superbike since the 916-998 line.

That tupperware looks like it's gonna be a pain in the ass to remove, for something as simple as an oil change.

this is not here

WhiteKnite
Exploring Korea

Date Joined Sep 2007
Total Posts : 550

Posted 8/18/2011 8:48 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Looks like it was styled after a paper shredder. I usually like the styling on Duc's, even the modern ones, but that thing is ugly.

2010 Hyosung GV650
2011 BMW F800ST

louemc
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 17483

Posted 8/19/2011 12:52 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Looks like it will shread.

Focus the forces, Be The Force

thesoapster
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2007
Total Posts : 1408

Posted 8/20/2011 5:28 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I wonder how steering feel (amongst other things) will be on this model. I keep seeing the Ducati Superbikes (street ones) lapping behind the Japanese and other Euro bikes, despite making impressive power/torque figures. I wonder how "friendly" they'll make it to use so it becomes a more competitive track weapon. After all it seems they make a MotoGP bike that greatly troubled the current leader when he rode with them, and has turned the most decorated racer into a bit of an afterthought. They need to start working with the rider more.

Drunkula
Registered Member

Date Joined Dec 2006
Total Posts : 539

Posted 8/22/2011 6:59 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
The front is reminiscent of the Desmosedici. The back-end is obviously going the minimal route. That mid-pipe though, it looks SO out of place. I dunno... But then I'm only going by a picture...

thesoapster
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2007
Total Posts : 1408

Posted 8/22/2011 7:08 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
It is kind of funny looking, isn't it? I have a feeling that wrap-around mid look may catch on for them, though.

Budoka
Registered Member

Date Joined Feb 2009
Total Posts : 938

Posted 8/25/2011 9:45 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Don't mind the overall appearance, but that mid pipe looks like something excreted from the machine's bowel (no apollogy for the graphic reference, it is what it is). Agree with Lou though, it looks like it means business.

You ask for credit and I say no, you get mad. I say yes and you don't pay, I get mad. Far better if you get mad!