Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > Sportbike > Latest news about my Frankestein Bike...  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

luiggispeed
My other bike is a Les Paul!!!

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Apr 2005
Total Posts : 1802

Posted 9/23/2011 3:11 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
It's been a while since I finally fired up my little home made mini sport bike, I haven't been able to ride it due to time constraints, rain, work, family and whatnot... but I had the chance this last Sunday to give it a little track time, which proved I was right about the 85cc 2 stroker sport bike...IT'S AWESOME!! Things like these should be illegal!! devil
I was worried about the engine mounts, the shock mounts I welded , but nothing broke(so far!) the engine whirled happily aroud the track and since it had rained, I basically kicked everyone's arse riding big bikes!! lol lol lol

The only problem was I mess up the mix and put 4 ounces a gallon where it shall had been 3 ounces and after that I fouled the plug and had to go home , but I had so much fun I was exhausted anyway!.

I just bought another rolling chassis to make a second project, maybe using the original engine with the metra kit, let's see what happens! roll

I rather be riding my motorcycle thinking about God than sitting in church thinking about my motorcycle

Smitty
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 22123

Posted 9/23/2011 3:56 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Luggi, that is a good photo of you in action on the bike & can remember when you started up, in racing a few years ago.

Remember all the others on the road are crazy & out to kill you.

GeoffG
Instant Classic

Date Joined Jun 2003
Total Posts : 10791

Posted 9/23/2011 4:40 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
That sounds like fun! (looks it, too!)

luiggispeed

Date Joined Apr 2005

Posted 9/23/2011 11:23 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Smitty said...
Luggi, that is a good photo of you in action on the bike & can remember when you started up, in racing a few years ago.

You're totally right Smitty, it was 5 years ago I got bitten by the bug smilewinkgrin

I rather be riding my motorcycle thinking about God than sitting in church thinking about my motorcycle

Richard47
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2004
Total Posts : 5552

Posted 9/25/2011 1:37 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Just goes to show that less is more. Less bike = more fun. Who needs a 500lb bike? Not me.

Toilet Brush Dog Owner

el SID
merely a man equipped with a bag a seedless grapes

Date Joined Nov 2010
Total Posts : 1947

Posted 9/25/2011 4:44 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
My twins just peeped over my shoulder they want one. Thats a derbi gp 50 dad! lol way cool. Theres enough room it looks like to be able to shove a kx 100 motor in there when/if the cr85 gets boring,lol. Kick stand looks like a mules d!ck compared to the size of the bike. Are you running Klotz? If not you should,just the "Racey Smell" is worth a tenth a lap. Man thats cool. Love 2 strokes.

the best bike out.... is the one your on...
current hacks
1996 honda vfr
track hack? 2012 tuono rsv4 aprc? who knows,cant decide....
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125

GAJ
Registered Member

Date Joined Jul 2007
Total Posts : 6845

Posted 9/26/2011 1:43 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Looks like a hoot and far more suited to the relatively small track that I believe your ride regularly.

Selling my one owner '97 TL1000S: www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=372346

luiggispeed

Date Joined Apr 2005

Posted 9/26/2011 4:09 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
el SID said...
My twins just peeped over my shoulder they want one. Thats a derbi gp 50 dad! lol way cool. Theres enough room it looks like to be able to shove a kx 100 motor in there when/if the cr85 gets boring,lol. Kick stand looks like a mules d!ck compared to the size of the bike. Are you running Klotz? If not you should,just the "Racey Smell" is worth a tenth a lap. Man thats cool. Love 2 strokes.

</div></div>

Yes I use KLOTZ for that reason :p

I think a fairly sizable engine will fit in there, I've seen a comversion to a 450 Honda stroker! shocked

I've thought about the engine for the second specimen I've found, for 200$ I got another rolling chassis with most of the engine, so it will either have a full MetraKit or whatever engine I manage to find around, a 125 looks quite possible to throw in there. Now wait till I fit my R6 old bodywork devil